As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] about public transport

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I wish I had the energy to be good to myself when I wasn’t working

I spent most of my time watching YouTube videos and playing video games

It feels like I barely have the ability to take care of myself sometimes

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 23
    That's actually a younger Dr. House who never discovered a love for Vicodin.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Ha I think my girlfriend just left me.

Well shit

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

What about baby vicodin

safe for babies***

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Drez I give that news zero buenos

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

https://youtu.be/3sW-LcxijrM?si=Bs3Qd-3s8BX6rEFG

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Drez I fucking hate that, and I hope y'all work it out. If you don't, I pick you in the breakup

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Tumin wrote: »

What about baby vicodin

safe for babies***

3 stars out of five

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    My statutory minimum severance is at about 19.5 weeks right now - 8 weeks notice with 6% extra vacation pay and 11 weeks severance @ 1 week/year. It's not terrible!

Generally the first round of layoffs with a company will be announced and publicized and is relatively generous, it's good PR

• Options
    edited January 23
    Offering severance also means you dont get slapped with some requirements around H1Bs iirc

Tumin on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    ok Palworld is p cute and fun

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

https://youtu.be/3sW-LcxijrM?si=Bs3Qd-3s8BX6rEFG

https://youtu.be/zO9axGrzDE0?si=M4WTZU8j7kwe-N9O

• Options
    edited January 23
    Chanus wrote: »

rip chanus

he was

a 3 star poster

Tumin on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

you'd think based on the first NPC you talk to that it's actually a terrifying game. I was almost disappointed

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    i want six months off. i took 3 weeks in December and I felt so amazing. so fresh and sharp. I learned so much and did so many projects.

I hugged my puppies in bed for an hour every morning while we slowly woke up, then went for a long walk. they ate breakfast while I made a cappuccino and sipped it while watching a youtube video

then I'd move on to whatever interested me

I ate better food because I had the time to make it.

y'all it was incredible

I took a year off between 2022 & 2023. I needed it. I did six months of EMDR therapy specifically to deal with anxiety & trauma related to work, and a course of TMS for depression.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    The most severance I've ever received was two weeks. And that was a really weird layoff.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »

rip chanus

he was

a 3 star poster

https://youtu.be/xF1hEdwuS8w?si=ilkytF5FWqE-b8zH

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Aww, I just found out that if you butcher a human in Palworld, it just uses the normal loot table. There's no cannibalism, apparently.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    ngl, not working is aces.

going back to work is.. not aces.

• Options
    I got three months’ severance when I got let go for being gay in Texas

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    The most severance I've ever received was two weeks. And that was a really weird layoff.

I think I got 6 weeks from the AutoML company and I thought that was quite generous. 6 months is whoa

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    I'm now on a six-month contract and if I could just do six months off, six months on, for the rest of my life I think I'd be okay with that.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Organichu I loled at your comment about how asian Markham was because, yeah. There's plenty of places where there just isn't english anywhere in sight.

Also I can't believe you came all the way up here to visit Markham. :p

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am very grouchy how crowded my work out classes are right now.

Its very annoying.

I also just inhaled a wrap I made at home after working out.

I really should have eaten more today.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Also this morning I fell on the ice and slightly broke my butt (and of course it was the one morning there were construction guys in the alley too, so everyone saw me eat shit)

now my ass hurts ;_;

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

Ahaha he's charging money for this mod. Nintendo is definitely going after that

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    I don't think I've gone more than 2 weeks without working since I was.... 16?

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    I don't think I've gone more than 2 weeks without working since I was.... 16?

Taking a year (or more) off has been very fun.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Sorry about your butt, credeiki

That sucks

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    rip creds butt
    we mourn not your passing, but celebrate that you once lived

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I don't do well with a lack of structure, vacation time is great but when I have long stretches off I end up spending most of it online in a state of non-thinking as much as possible.

Work helps keep me moving and thinking and engaged, I'm a lot more functional at work.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Ha I think my girlfriend just left me.

Like…to go get groceries?

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Also speaking of feeling non-functional I got on google to look for hotel listings and found a nice deal and booked it through some website I've never heard of. And then they were like "whoops technical error we had to refund you but when you rebook we'll give you 10% off." Except it was like, "respond to this email" and the email's a do not reply automated email and I booked again, and at that point I was like man this all seems sus as hell have I fucked up? And I guess it's not a scam website, but it is completely dogshit, and now I'm really wishing I hadn't used them at all.

I guess I can call the hotel and verify that I really do have a booking with them?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Also this morning I fell on the ice and slightly broke my butt (and of course it was the one morning there were construction guys in the alley too, so everyone saw me eat shit)

now my ass hurts ;_;

Get loser to massage your butt cheeks

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    i spent all day today making the first character for my upcoming battle royale survival game, Plumber Land
    ccny2qhu2htj.png
    please note any derivatives of my creative process are prohibited

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I would like to assemble my PC, but instead I have to go to work

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    Also speaking of feeling non-functional I got on google to look for hotel listings and found a nice deal and booked it through some website I've never heard of. And then they were like "whoops technical error we had to refund you but when you rebook we'll give you 10% off." Except it was like, "respond to this email" and the email's a do not reply automated email and I booked again, and at that point I was like man this all seems sus as hell have I fucked up? And I guess it's not a scam website, but it is completely dogshit, and now I'm really wishing I hadn't used them at all.

I guess I can call the hotel and verify that I really do have a booking with them?

Oh yeah, deffo call the hotel to confirm.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

This is why I just sneak through the hotel lobby and find an open room to sleep in

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Also drez that blows bud

I am sorry

😞

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
This discussion has been closed.