• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 16
    Echo wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Abdhy is it chain or is it scales or what

I can tell you all about plates -- friends don't let friends buy RMA -- but stab vests are unknown to me

metal plates.

Being rigid is basically the entire point.

The one I got has a pretty good shape, it's not very boxy and hides very well.

but, of course, something that went lower would be nice. I like my intestines unperforated. But hey. I like being able to bend, too.
    a stylish lamellar frock

I have suggested full plate before

with a visor making a very monthy python squeak every time I lift it to see or speak

Everybody's a tough guy until the door guy pulls out the Zweihänder.

my work title, vekter, is the same as these guys so I think an exception should be made from the "no weapons" vekter law for this thing specifically, for reasons of tradition

Heu3ndch.jpeg

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    If someone I was eating with ordered four naan I might need to step out to think for a minute

I know, right? What if four isn’t enough!

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Haps! Wie geht's, wie steht's Bruder?

To quote Max Liebermann: „Ich kann gar nicht soviel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte.“
    But otherwise I’m fine. How’s life treating you?

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/aw3mFXOwRgw

it annoys the piss out of me that this album is gone from spotify and replaced by the very different - and not very good - "remastered" version.

This song is perfect. It may be my favourite guitar solo of all time.

It’s indeed a banger

The whole album fucks

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    I just started Legend Of Korra. Avatar has kind of timeless appeal to all ages. Legend Of Korra feels specifically made for angsty teens. It kind of sucks. I hope it gets better.

It gets better, but it's never the original series.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    a
    https://youtu.be/aw3mFXOwRgw

it annoys the piss out of me that this album is gone from spotify and replaced by the very different - and not very good - "remastered" version.

This song is perfect. It may be my favourite guitar solo of all time.

That’s a good album. Bone Machine and The Black Rider are other favorites of mine. Orphans too

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    do they make a stab vest for banging your knee on the keyboard tray

yes

work pants almost all have interior pockets for kneepads

So do motorcycle jeans

In addition to being woven with aramid should you happen to find yourself sliding along tarmac at 70mph

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I just started Legend Of Korra. Avatar has kind of timeless appeal to all ages. Legend Of Korra feels specifically made for angsty teens. It kind of sucks. I hope it gets better.

huff

puff

The first season is good but steeped in teen love triangle nonsense. Season two is weak. Seasons three and four are better than any season of Airbender IMO. Mind bogglingly good.

The sheer amount of fuckery on Nickelodeon's part during the first two seasons can't be emphasized enough though.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    do they make a stab vest for banging your knee on the keyboard tray

yes

work pants almost all have interior pockets for kneepads

So do motorcycle jeans

In addition to being woven with aramid should you happen to find yourself sliding along tarmac at 70mph

I would simply install casters on every square inch of my motorcycle clothing *taps temple*

• Options
    NoneoftheaboveNoneoftheabove Just a conforming non-conformist. Twilight ZoneRegistered User regular
    Can you combine ooblek and ceramic powder to make lightweight body armor?

• Options
    edited February 16
    The album is like the music a samba band plays in a swing club in 1952, but the club is in Hell and it’s just for the cool demons and, like, Hemingway.

Atomika on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I was playing Dark Alliance and it had kobolds.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

Korra has a bunch of moments where you think its really going to do something interesting and then it kind of just doesn't do anything. Plenty of the "interesting" things it does feel unearned too.

Its a fun series and I'd generally recommend it but it compares poorly against Avatar. Its B+ at its best and usually more C+ / B-. If it wasn't attached to the IP it would be a completely fine and completely forgettable series.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I have replacement belts for the tape drive but I didn't put them in so my first recording would bake in more fucked up audio cassette artifacts. I did clean all the pots and connectors tho, I am NOT nostalgic for a crusty volume knob, that shit persists to this day and always sounds bad

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Orca wrote: »
    If someone I was eating with ordered four naan I might need to step out to think for a minute

“Man, what’s he gonna do with all that naan?? That’s crazy, right? Is this a joke? Am I being punked? Or am I about to be involved in an ordeal?? Maybe I can just run away,”

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Okay TY all. I like the animation a lot. I'll just stick with it then!

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited February 16

Nie machts wie gehts Bruder mit Sie

Tumin on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    indian places around here have started making "a naan" a single smallish flatbread so four while perhaps twice what I'd eat, is not totally unreasonable.

its always very funny when an order of naan is like, a naan basket and you get multiple and the waiter does not stop you, then a truly embarrassing amount of bread shows up

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    BSoB wrote: »

It gets better, but it's never the original series.

It's me, the person that likes Korra better than the original!

I enjoyed the original as well. But i loved Korra.

Angsty teen 4 lyfe.

• Options
    indian places around here have started making "a naan" a single smallish flatbread so four while perhaps twice what I'd eat, is not totally unreasonable.

its always very funny when an order of naan is like, a naan basket and you get multiple and the waiter does not stop you, then a truly embarrassing amount of bread shows up

Embarassing how much naan im gonna fuck up yeah

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

To quote Max Liebermann: „Ich kann gar nicht soviel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte.“
    But otherwise I’m fine. How’s life treating you?
    Aww. Well I hope everything is okay. I am good. Passed my German civics test and my language test. Currently preparing my permanent residency paperwork! My contract ends this year though and kind of nervous about finding a new job. I am also in B2 class and surviving auf Deutsch pretty well. Just a struggle to be accurate and precise in the language. Very frustrating at times but I am sticking with it!!

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

huff

puff

The first season is good but steeped in teen love triangle nonsense. Season two is weak. Seasons three and four are better than any season of Airbender IMO. Mind bogglingly good.

The sheer amount of fuckery on Nickelodeon's part during the first two seasons can't be emphasized enough though.

Quid weren't you at the mall

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Also wtf my Microsoft account is just getting hammered with login attempts today.

What is going on?

I get a few here and there. Usually a handful through a day and then nothing for a bit.

But I've gotten like 20+ notifications today already??

Leave me alone!

• Options

“Man, what’s he gonna do with all that naan?? That’s crazy, right? Is this a joke? Am I being punked? Or am I about to be involved in an ordeal?? Maybe I can just run away,”

So you're saying you don't want your naan? I'll eat it if you don't want it

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

there is no amount of naan that is embarrassing. gluttonous, yes. embarrassing, no.

• Options
    edited February 16

huff

puff

No?

Edit: Is Nickelodeon at the mall? Cause I'll go beat them up.

Quid on
  • Options
    Also wtf my Microsoft account is just getting hammered with login attempts today.

What is going on?

I get a few here and there. Usually a handful through a day and then nothing for a bit.

Leave me alone!

Surely one of these passwords will work

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

What is going on?

Leave me alone!

Get you a yubikey.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

huff

puff

No?

I was doing a Penny Arcade Webcomic Reference

• Options

huff

puff

No?

Which comic was that?

• Options
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh cause I ran here

I got it! I get it!

• Options
    Bring me enough naan to feed a family of four

huff

puff

No?

Which comic was that?

The bad one

• Options
    So like, what is the goal with spamming attempts on an account with 2 factor?

Surely there are easier accounts try to brute force instead of wasting time on this?

• Options
    Ugh

Engoron let Trump off light

$355 million + $8 million for his kids + three year ban from conducting business in NY

• Options
    $355 million? My candle budget!

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Sir that's enough Naan for a family!

Better make it two

• Options
    I do love how four is the right number of naan that becomes ridiculous

1 - Totally Normal
    2 - Ooh, Somebody’s Hungry!
    3 - Jesus, what, is that for leftovers?
    4 - Okay, no. No. Stop. We’re not doing this.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

A little later in that episode of Peep Shoe it's the end of the meal and there is just an absolute pile of naan and rice left on the table.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
This discussion has been closed.