Options

What's the best thing to climb on in [Dragon's Dogma 2]?

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Golem
    Oh hey, re: berries

I apparently have raspberries, blueberries, and cranberries. But I haven’t seen a strawberry bush yet.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Oh hey, re: berries

I apparently have raspberries, blueberries, and cranberries. But I haven’t seen a strawberry bush yet.

I don’t know why But somehow this reminded me, I think original DD did the same thing and I think it worked by populating other worlds with berries

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 7
    Some other monster I don't know about yet
    Figured out a way to get the game working again. Obsession resumed.

edit: But I still have a memory leak so every couple of hours I have to restart my computer and turn everything off again.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/9lwSXSOzRjk

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Golem
    Went back to Thief.

Blades of the Pyre kind of rules. Can take out a large crowd of enemies in one shot, and I can just stand there and take off like 4 life bars on a cyclops or a griffon within like 15 seconds. Thief is pretty fun at higher levels!

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Griffon
    I started as Thief and it's by far the most fun class I've tried (the others being Archer, Mystic Spearhand, and Magick Archer).

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited April 7
    Chimera
    Thief is incredibly fun, yeah. I'm going to try most of the classes eventually (probably not mage or sorcerer, that just ain't my bag), but either thief or archer has been my favorite so far. I enjoyed spearhand as well, but I don't think I was very good at using its abilities, and fighter just didn't click for me.

I think my ability to use a class is directly linked to how important it is to use their right bumper ability. I remember it for archer, but there I forget I can use my special abilities without manually aiming them instead.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Y’all have got to see the bullshit I just encountered.

It is rendering now

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    OH GOD PLEASE LET THAT HAVE SAVED OH GOD I DIDN”T KNOW SHARE FACTORY CLOSED OUT GAMES

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 7
    https://youtu.be/IbFLojVHpFU?feature=shared

I think the higher resolution is still processing

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I was half-expecting a second pack of wolves to show up at the end and drag your Arisen away after all that

• Options
    edited April 7
    Griffon
    Magick Archer was pretty lackluster at first. Moreso than other classes at low vocations levels, in my opinion. I'm now around vocation level 6 or 7 and I crush everything. I'm not even using the ridiculous maister skill because I just don't need it.

Just a couple of the Magick Archer skills, but you never know what someone might consider a spoiler:
    The bouncy arrows skill kills anything in a cave (I killed a minotaur with two casts of it). The one where you shoot a block of ice knocks anything on its ass and deals a huge chunk of damage. You don't really need more than those two skills. They're busted.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    There are times when the game feels incredible. There are also times when you are knocked down and can’t get back up for like five minutes as enemy just pound on you and there is literally nothing you as a player can do and it feel really bad and makes me hate the game.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Golem
    Yeah, like, I can kill a chimera and a cyclops at the same time, alone, barely breaking a sweat.

But three wolves will randomly carry me off into the woods and run around for 10 minutes with my head in their jaws until I die a slow death.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Thief is incredibly fun, yeah. I'm going to try most of the classes eventually (probably not mage or sorcerer, that just ain't my bag), but either thief or archer has been my favorite so far. I enjoyed spearhand as well, but I don't think I was very good at using its abilities, and fighter just didn't click for me.

I think my ability to use a class is directly linked to how important it is to use their right bumper ability. I remember it for archer, but there I forget I can use my special abilities without manually aiming them instead.

I started as an archer and being able to snipe enemies (or at least get the first strike from a distance) was so good. Also holding down right bumper as you explore a cave was very cool.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Yeah, like, I can kill a chimera and a cyclops at the same time, alone, barely breaking a sweat.

But three wolves will randomly carry me off into the woods and run around for 10 minutes with my head in their jaws until I die a slow death.

Or you get picked up by a bird and dropped into deep water where you instant die.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    I was half-expecting a second pack of wolves to show up at the end and drag your Arisen away after all that

Oh no that happened earlier today

It literally carried me off by my face.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Magick Archer was pretty lackluster at first. Moreso than other classes at low vocations levels, in my opinion. I'm now around vocation level 6 or 7 and I crush everything. I'm not even using the ridiculous maister skill because I just don't need it.

Just a couple of the Magick Archer skills, but you never know what someone might consider a spoiler:
    The bouncy arrows skill kills anything in a cave (I killed a minotaur with two casts of it). The one where you shoot a block of ice knocks anything on its ass and deals a huge chunk of damage. You don't really need more than those two skills. They're busted.

I’m not even using the skills for mine and wiht Militant Dove it’s like, just fuckin’ Panzer Dragoon Times and everything takes a lot of hits from rivet shot and falls over.

zn51p4pg6hgp.gif

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I finally made the trek to the sandy captial place. It was quite a journey since I walked the whole way. Maxed fighter on the way and switched to the darth maul class to try it out and immediately on walking away got into a scripted fight with some guys trying to shake me down. I had never used the class before and only had the gear it auto gives you.

When it was scripted down to one guy I had to get the dude into a corner and just slam attacks which kinda stun locked him into an animation until I could win. It was very cheap but I had nothing else I could do.

Are you me? I literally had the exact situation occ
    Lanz wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/IbFLojVHpFU?feature=shared

I think the higher resolution is still processing

Bazelgeuse would like to know your location has found your location

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Dragon's Dogma 2 is a horror game and here is what I mean by that

More often than I care to admit, I will end a day in my real-ass life going, "What the fuck did I get done today? I half-started six things, I set myself back on the three things I was trying to work on, I've forgotten the shit I forgot to do, I can't remember why I came into the kitchen to have this existential breakdown, what the fuck"

In Dragon's Dogma 2, I can spend the first half of the one hour a night I have to play video games attempting to climb a mountain.

I wanted to climb it because I started my gameplay session at the base of it, the camera pointed towards the summit. I assumed that was my task. I hopped around, I tried to sprint up too-steep slopes, I fell into and out of caves, I got in a lot of fights. When I couldn't find an angle of approach that made any sense, I checked my journal.

I had no quest selected.

I looked through my quest log, half an hour into playing. I found a quest that involved meeting an oxcart near the base of a mountain. I made the quest a priority. I found the oxcart, after several minutes of hiking - 50 meters from where I first started my session.

By the time I found a campfire to heal up from all the damage I incurred exploring, my time I had to play games was running out. I got back into position near the oxcart, but not so close as to trigger any cutscenes. I went to save and exit but-- nope, window had closed, baby was crying, I was scrambling with the controller, the camera jerked--

It landed on the summit of a mountain.

I'll probably remember next time

• Options
    https://youtu.be/hQCG2AwzTxA?feature=shared

Pooro for the next month.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/j0JsnvoTzF8

All aboard the Ravening Lunge train choo choo!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Of course I get roped into a 1v1 duel right when I've changed to a new class. Also it auto-surrendered after I took a handful of hits while my opponent was down to 10%???

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I wonder if that's scripted to happen specifically right after you change class, that seems to happen to a lot of people

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited April 14
    Nah it just happens on one of the entrance/exit tunnels near the vocation trainer so you walk in one way, change class, walk out the other side, wham. This side you walk in is closest to the main entrance to the city. I got hit on the way in cos I walked straight through the city first and came at the trainer from behind.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Managed to complete that Sphinx riddle in only a couple day's time, and even slew a Dullahan in the process.

• Options
    Golem
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Managed to complete that Sphinx riddle in only a couple day's time, and even slew a Dullahan in the process.

Wait, which one?

• Options

Wait, which one?
    The one where you have to go back to where you got your first Seeker's Token.
    Protip for you if curious:
    There is a Trickster ability you can unlock that makes a ping and visual flash on Seeker's Tokens in your close vicinity. It works on the Finder's Token, too. So I just retraced my steps from the beginning of the game, checking the pings along the way.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Griffon

Wait, which one?
    There is a Trickster ability you can unlock that makes a ping and visual flash on Seeker's Tokens in your close vicinity. It works on the Finder's Token, too. So I just retraced my steps from the beginning of the game, checking the pings along the way.
    NG+ stuff
    that quest resets and makes you find the first token you pick up in NG+, which i hadn't expected and consequently paid no heed to

the first thing i did in NG+ was to make a beeline from the beginning of the game to the end area lol

i was so fucked

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

Wait, which one?
    NG+ stuff
    that quest resets and makes you find the first token you pick up in NG+, which i hadn't expected and consequently paid no heed to

the first thing i did in NG+ was to make a beeline from the beginning of the game to the end area lol

i was so fucked
    I wonder what it does if you acquired all of the tokens before doing a NG+

• Options
    Golem

Wait, which one?

Ohhh. For me…
    a buddy warned me to drop a map pin when I find my first token and didn’t tell me why. I did it and then later realized how easy it made that riddle.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Fighting Drakes in this game goes from fun to infuriating real quick. The first two/thirds of the fight is a tough but balanced fight where you learn the drake’s spells, moves, and how to deal with them. The last third is them spamming their meteor spell over and over again, often flying in the air to do it.

Whelp yup, my pawns did just wipe for the fifth time in so many minutes to that spell.

Killed the fucker but Jesus Christ.

• Options
    never die wrote: »
    Fighting Drakes in this game goes from fun to infuriating real quick. The first two/thirds of the fight is a tough but balanced fight where you learn the drake’s spells, moves, and how to deal with them. The last third is them spamming their meteor spell over and over again, often flying in the air to do it.

Whelp yup, my pawns did just wipe for the fifth time in so many minutes to that spell.

Killed the fucker but Jesus Christ.

If you’ve got Magic Spearhand, their shield skills will block any attack, including the meteors. Only downside is the short duration, even on the upgraded version later in the rank but you can just keep spamming it and it doesn’t eat too much stamina per cast

Even as warfarer I’ve kept that one permanently in rotation because it’s just that useful against… honestly, everything

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    The best counter to meteor spam is your own meteor spam.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    The best counter to meteor spam is your own meteor spam.

Finally the FFVII/DD2 crossover I’ve been waiting for

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    It says something about the jank of this game that I bribed a head jailer (sorry, gaoler) to release someone and he sat down in his office going "Looook, this will take some time" and nothing else

and I don't know if I genuinely have to wait or if I'm a sucker who got the bad ending to the quest. I kinda hope it's the latter because that would be hilarious

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Chimera
    The only drake I killed was by getting it to jump into a lake

I had gotten it down to half of its last bar the save before that despite the whole meteor bullshit, but having to be on constant pawn resurrection duty as opposed to planting bombs in its chest

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Griffon
    The secret to beating Drakes when you're probably too low level is Mystic Spearhand, because their shield can protect all your pawns from the constant near death meteor spam

• Options
    Griffon
    My first drake was a pain in the ass and I ended up reloading my last save because I got stuck in a death spiral. I avoided them for awhile and now they go down in about a minute. You just get so damn powerful that nothing threatens you.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Griffon
    Yeah if you see a Drake you just use Martyr's Bolt once and then there's no more Drake