Options

Resident Evil 5 Controversy

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Fun fact: zombies ORIGINATED in Haiti. The whole concept of a zombie started off from voodoo beliefs, which originated in that area.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Djiem wrote: »
    Anyway, I obviously agree that RE5 is not racist... But it's really tasteless. Haiti is still in serious trouble, people there are still suffering a lot, the UN is still trying to pacify the country, and I think it's really bad taste to make a game about killing those people.

Meh. It'd only be tasteless if you were shooting random people and trying to keep help from reaching them. You're killing zombies in Haiti. This is not different than killing them in America or in Eastern Europe, at all, in any way, whatsoever.

Erm, no, not really. I really think we shouldn't make silly games about murdering masses of people in countries which are now in severe turmoil. That's trivializing something very serious that is happening RIGHT NOW. No one should make a Darfur game, for instance. Or a "Auschwitz Tycoon" game, either. Unless you wanna raise awareness about those issues, but that's definitely not what RE5 is doing.

We are too defensive of gaming, sometimes, we should be more mature and admit when something is not right. I don't think RE5's choice of setting is good, for very different reasons than the crackpot woman.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AkatsukiAkatsuki Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Akatsuki wrote: »
    Saying that Re5 is racist is racist. You can kill white people, but you can't kill black people? Do you think black people don't turn into Zombies? Well let me tell you something, some of my best friends are black zombies!

Oh yeah?
    All my best friends are lesbian black jewish brazillian chinese zombie womyn.
    The curious thing is that you can probably find a black-jewish-chinese person in Brazil, if you really try.
    You lucky bastard!

Akatsuki on
    Preacher wrote:
    ...my inner weaboo can kawaii all over this desu.

Pokémon HGSS: 1205 1613 4041
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Leitner wrote: »
    GertBeef wrote: »
    (I'm just going to guess where this read is going a post accordingly.)

There hasn't been a black villian in a Bond movie for years.

The last one had the African(?) Warlord and cronies. Not the main villains but defiantly a main bad guy.

IT'S DEFINITELY,NOT "Defiantly"!

Defiantly means "in a defiant manner".

Anyway, I obviously agree that RE5 is not racist... But it's really tasteless. Haiti is still in serious trouble, people there are still suffering a lot, the UN is still trying to pacify the country, and I think it's really bad taste to make a game about killing those people.

Concerning the accusations: This is either some really evil and cynical person, trying to call the media spotlights to herself, or some really sick individual... She really said that the game TRAINS people to HATE AND KILL black people? That's really fucking crazy talk.

Fictional world full of zombies and notzombies. This fictional Haiti is not the same Haiti you hear about in the news. That's what makes it a story.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Sam wrote: »
    Unicron wrote: »
    Did Jack Thompson just find a girlfriend?

Seriously though, I'd take this as about as seriously as I do him. People just like attention/webtraffic. Last week in the UK a pressure group tried to ban a 60+ year old book ->http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6294670.stm

Seeing as it's silly season I suppose this might get some attention but I'm pretty sure it'll be forgotten by the time this comes out.

PS: Sorry for the rubbish bbcode, first time poster here :)

Well that book is pretty fucking racist. I like Tintin, but there's really no defending Herge's portrayal of Africans.

I agree that the book is really, really racist... But a) it shouldn't be banned, b) Herge was just reflecting the common misconceptions of any regular european guy in the early 20th century and c) he really redeemed himself later, with books like Tintin in Tibet.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Tw4win wrote: »
    I would call this game racist if like it wasn't part fucking 5 of a series and the story didn't travel from the US to Europe to now African (or Haiti).

If it was a random game that just popped up out of nowhere and you were killing masses of black people, then I'd be like "huh!?" but it's not.

Hold on...

You're saying that if a random game was set in Haiti or some African country and you were killing mostly black people in the game you'd call it racist? So, we can never have a game set in an African country (or asian, etc...) with out it being called racist? What about realism in the game? If the game is set in Africa there better damn well be black people there. :)

How about a game set in a mostly white neighborhood with a black protagonist? Is that racist? I'd say it's just as racist as a game where a white protagonist kills black people but you'd probably never hear the complaints about it.

How about GTA:SA? The parts of it that I played seemed to be pretty heavily racially stereotyped...

Trying to throw words in my mouth eh? You can keep on trying, but it isn't working or helping your point.

GTA:SA is full of stereotypical thug life. Game isn't all that far off base on the outer shell.

Like I said, if a random developer just made a random game and you were in Africa just shooting black people it would raise my brow. I wouldn't care, but I would find it borderline racist.

A game with a black guy shooting white people? You know, it's only going to be racist depending on the context of the violence. Is he a cop? Are they drug dealers? Mafia men? Or are they poor hobos who tried to hit him with a stick? I think a lot of people are missing the fucking point of why people are calling this racist and I admit I missed this at first myself. There's two simple things really...

1. The game looks very realistic

2. Only people who've played RE know that they're zombies. To a layman, it just looks like a white guy shooting black people from an obviously poor village. They do not read as zombies especially the fact that there's a guy speaking a language on a megaphone... what zombie does this?

I can easily see why people would find it to be racist because they just don't know what RE is. If you didn't know what RE was, you'd think this game was racist too because not only is he shooting black people, but he's shooting poor black people in a small town that seem to be just defending their territory.

Instead of making fun of every damn thing for the sake of laughs, try looking at it from a different perspective. I don't agree that the game is racist, and even I called said people claiming it is stupid, but when you look at it at the POV of someone who knows nothing about RE... it really does look racist cause they don't come off as zombies at all.

for what it's worth, i agree with pretty-much everything here. From our perspective, they're zombies, and it doesn't really matter what colour they are. To someone that's never played RE or knows the series, they see a white guy in an africa-like environment, shooting lots of black folk. That's just going to ring alarm bells.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    jclast wrote: »

The last one had the African(?) Warlord and cronies. Not the main villains but defiantly a main bad guy.

Concerning the accusations: This is either some really evil and cynical person, trying to call the media spotlights to herself, or some really sick individual... She really said that the game TRAINS people to HATE AND KILL black people? That's really fucking crazy talk.

Fictional world full of zombies and notzombies. This fictional Haiti is not the same Haiti you hear about in the news. That's what makes it a story.

So if I make the Auschwitz Tycoon game and throw in a couple of gnomes, will it be ok?

srsly.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Sam wrote: »
    Unicron wrote: »
    Did Jack Thompson just find a girlfriend?

Seriously though, I'd take this as about as seriously as I do him. People just like attention/webtraffic. Last week in the UK a pressure group tried to ban a 60+ year old book ->http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6294670.stm

Seeing as it's silly season I suppose this might get some attention but I'm pretty sure it'll be forgotten by the time this comes out.

PS: Sorry for the rubbish bbcode, first time poster here :)

Well that book is pretty fucking racist. I like Tintin, but there's really no defending Herge's portrayal of Africans.

Yeah, but it's a product of its time. Back in the 30s, that's just how it was. Agatha Christie also wrote things that would be considered monstrously racist nowadays (even her most popular's book had the N-word in its original title).

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NovusNovus regular
    edited August 2007
    Unfortunately logic is not going to play a factor in the coming controversy; it never does. The political opportunists are going to spin it so the knee-jerk reactionaries can make the worst possible assumptions from a very brief glance. The “video games are the devil” camp is going to have a field day; hopefully Capcom had the good sense to make an African protagonist as another playable character or they’re boned; remember the logical argument that they have been killing predominantly white zombies for the vast majority of the series is not going to be mentioned. There will be one screenshot of Chris pointing a gun at a black zombie with the headline “Violent Game promotes racism” and that will be that.

Novus on
    I'm not smart, but thanks to the internet I can pretend.
    wii Number 0648 2052 0203 3154
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Anyway, I obviously agree that RE5 is not racist... But it's really tasteless.Haiti is still in serious trouble, people there are still suffering a lot, the UN is still trying to pacify the country, and I think it's really bad taste to make a game about killing those people.

So if I make the Auschwitz Tycoon game and throw in a couple of gnomes, will it be ok?

srsly.

Yes, it would. There's nothing tasteless about a zombie story that takes place in Haiti.

What would be tasteless is treating Haiti like a leper colony that shouldn't be mentioned or thought of or used as the setting for a story.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I think we can fully expect RE5 to have its own Luis Sera, only black this time. He'll be the coolest character in the game. That's always how it is.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Drez wrote: »

srsly.

Yes, it would.

That's really god damned fucking retarded.

EDIT: HAH! I caught your ninja edit.

And anyway, yes, I think it's fucking tasteless to make a superficial, commercial entertainment product that will harvest millions and millions of dollars while the Haitians are living trough all kinds of shit right now.

And I'm not treating them as lepers, don't be an asshole, I'm just asking for some respect here. We should respect their plight and refrain from making stupid games where they get turned into zombies and slaughtered by the hundreds.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Meh. It'd only be tasteless if you were shooting random people and trying to keep help from reaching them. You're killing zombies in Haiti. This is not different than killing them in America or in Eastern Europe, at all, in any way, whatsoever.

Any non-gamer who knows nothing about RE and watches the trailer only sees this.

Not EVERYONE knows what the hell Resident Evil is.

Ignorance is a terrible reason to yell "RACISM! RACISM! STOP THEM!"

You do know there is like no info on RE5 right? I didn't say them not knowing RE was okay, I said the reason people are coming to this conclusion is because they don't know.

I don't think the game is racist because I know what it's about, but anyone viewing this trailer and didn't know it is going to raise a brow. It's just that simple. I don't agree with the woman or anyone who will claim it's racist, but that's how things work in America... "I have an opinion and I refuse to research it, instead I'll just yell!"

The game isn't racist, but I can see why people are claiming it to be because that trailer explains nothing.

Like I said before, if this was a trailer to a random game, I would think it's racist too because the trailer is really confusing. You have no idea what's even going on. Chris just says there were random murders and that he "has a job to do". What? I don't even know what's really going on other than these people are diseased with something and are going murder crazy. A non-gamer wouldn't know that at all because they don't look like zombies and if we follow RE4... they aren't zombies.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007

srsly.

Yes, it would.

Read my edit:
    There's nothing tasteless about a zombie story that takes place in Haiti.

What would be tasteless is treating Haiti like a leper colony that shouldn't be mentioned or thought of or used as the setting for a story.

The only "god damned fucking retarded" position here is any position that suggests that a zombie game taking place in Haiti should be taboo.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Oh for crying out loud, even if you don't know about RE, the trailer makes it very clear that the villagers are murder-crazy for some reason and that Chris is only defending himself. Zombie or not, if I had a gun and I walked in an African village and everyone was trying to kill me, I think I'd shoot a couple of them, and not because I hate black people.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    SimBen wrote: »
    I think we can fully expect RE5 to have its own Luis Sera, only black this time. He'll be the coolest character in the game. That's always how it is.

and likely play some kind of 70s funk whenever he appears on screen.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    A zombie game in Haiti shouldn't be taboo, but damn it doesn't really NEED to be set in Haiti which one would know will cause an uproar with the media.

Do we even know where this game is really set? I'm still going with some country in Africa.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007

And anyway, yes, I think it's fucking tasteless to make a superficial, commercial entertainment product that will harvest millions and millions of dollars while the Haitians are living trough all kinds of shit right now.

*chortle*

Haiti is a part of the world, dude. And this isn't about the strife in Haiti. They are using it as a setting. You are suggesting that we pretend Haiti doesn't even exist, that it can't be used as a setting for a story because they have some kind of strife right now?

Grow up.

Drez on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Don't you guys remember the racist calls on Castle Crashers? Resident Evil isn't the first or only game to invoke the screaming Race Card. Read this link. It'll redefine your opinion of stupid.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/racism/castle-crashers-horrifically-racist-208424.php

Hell, even Loco Roco had people up in arms about racism.

Chess is racist. The White pieces get to go before the Black pieces.

Samphis on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    A zombie game in Haiti shouldn't be taboo, but damn it doesn't really NEED to be set in Haiti which one would know will cause an uproar with the media.

Do we even know where this game is really set? I'm still going with some country in Africa.

It may not NEED to be set in Haiti, but most story settings are ultimately arbitrary decisions and there's no difference between picking Haiti or New York.

On that note, I'd love to see a corporate zombie survival game.

Drez on
  • Options
    NovusNovus regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh for crying out loud, even if you don't know about RE, the trailer makes it very clear that the villagers are murder-crazy for some reason and that Chris is only defending himself. Zombie or not, if I had a gun and I walked in an African village and everyone was trying to kill me, I think I'd shoot a couple of them, and not because I hate black people.

There's that logic again; you have to think as if you've just received sever blunt trauma to the head in order to understand how the reactionaries are going to treat this.

Novus on
    I'm not smart, but thanks to the internet I can pretend.
    wii Number 0648 2052 0203 3154
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Like I said before, if this was a trailer to a random game, I would think it's racist too because the trailer is really confusing. You have no idea what's even going on.

I wouldn't do think it's racist EXACTLY because I have no idea what's even going on. I usually try not to make ridiculous claims when I don't know what's actually happening.

Djiem on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Lone white guy shooting swarms of black people, that's a little odd to me (Oh right, they're zombies!). It might not be intended as racist but it's obviously insensitive. Anti-European sentiment is hardly comparable to worldwide prejudice against blacks. I'm still going to play the game and not feel any shame in it but I cringe at the thought of 15 year olds discussing this game within their cliques.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

If people are trying to kill you of course you shoot them (if you have a gun), but viewers don't know WHY they're trying to kill you. The whole thing just reads as an outsider killing homeland people. A layman can ask too many questions to make this look odd. Like for example... why does he even have a gun?

Why the fuck is this so hard to understand? The trailer doesn't make them seem like "murder-crazy" people at all. It doesn't even make them seem like real antagonist other than the fact the player controls Chris.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Samphis wrote: »
    Don't you guys remember the racist calls on Castle Crashers? Resident Evil isn't the first or only game to invoke the screaming Race Card. Read this link. It'll redefine your opinion of stupid.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/racism/castle-crashers-horrifically-racist-208424.php

Hell, even Loco Roco had people up in arms about racism.

Chess is racist. The White pieces get to go before the Black pieces.

Bottom'd.

Samphis on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hoz wrote: »
    Anti-European sentiment is hardly comparable to worldwide prejudice against blacks.

Tonight at eleven: If someone suffered from more racism than you, you're no longer the world's official victim.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

It may not NEED to be set in Haiti, but most story settings are ultimately arbitrary decisions and there's no difference between picking Haiti or New York.

You can't seriously believe that...

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007

You can't seriously believe that...

I can.
    There is no difference.
    At all.
    Except Haiti is hotter, I guess...

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

*chortle*

Haiti is a part of the world, dude. And this isn't about the strife in Haiti. They are using it as a setting. You are suggesting that we pretend Haiti doesn't even exist, that it can't be used as a setting for a story because they have some kind of strife right now?

Grow up.

You are the one who needs to grow up, and pick up some reading comprehension skills on the way.

NO, I made it pretty clear that it's not a matter of "pretending they don't exist". Sure, if anyone decides to write a serious novel about the issue there, more power to them. After all, that's how we started hearing about Hemingway, and that's how "War and Peace" was born.

Only thing is, RE5 is really just a silly shallow entertainment product. Not matter how fun or cool it is, it's got no redeeming artistic qualities whatsoever. Making a game happen in Haiti today is as fucking tasteless as making Die Hard 5.0 in Darfur, and have John McLane make fun of the shit that's going on there.

How hard it is to understand that the world is not just a playground for you kids, that there are some real people going trough some pretty heavy shit that you cannot even begin to fathom? How hard it is for you to understand that it is fucking tasteless to make shallow games in modern day Haiti? A less brainless game, one that would take the issue seriously would be fine, but this is ridiculous.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Anti-European sentiment is hardly comparable to worldwide prejudice against blacks.

Tonight at eleven: If someone suffered from more racism than you, you're no longer the world's official victim.
    Let's break it down, Mr. Internetclever. People were using the comparison of the two to diffuse the concern. I pointed out that it isn't really comparable.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

If people are trying to kill you of course you shoot them (if you have a gun), but viewers don't know WHY they're trying to kill you. The whole thing just reads as an outsider killing homeland people. A layman can ask too many questions to make this look odd. Like for example... why does he even have a gun?

Why the fuck is this so hard to understand? The trailer doesn't make them seem like "murder-crazy" people at all. It doesn't even make them seem like real antagonist other than the fact the player controls Chris.

Tough shit. The trailer should be interpreted in context. It's a trailer for RESIDENT EVIL FIVE for fuck's sake. If a bunch of people go "holy shit! look at this racist black-person murder simulator! holy shit!!!!" then we respectfully say "well, no, this is Resident Evil 5, and those people are zombies. Then those people go away.

The only valid complaint here is that people might take the trailer out of context and interpret this as a racist game. It's obviously not if you know one damn thing about the Resident Evil series, and if people want to crusade based on a trailer, then you simply tell them that they are wrong, and let them make whatever asses out of themselves that they want.

Sorry, but this whole debate about racism is bigoted and stupid. It's racist to suggest that Haiti - or black people - should be treated different than any other group out there. By saying this should be situated elsewhere, you are treating Haiti as inferiors, saying that for some retarded rationale they should not be the subject of a zombie game. Fuck that. They are people like anyone else. Unless Haiti has undergone some secret national zombie vaccination, they are as fictionally susceptible to it as anyone else.

So, if people want to stop racism they should stop calling things like this racist.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Let's break it down, Mr. Internetclever. People were using the comparison of the two to diffuse the concern. I pointed out that it isn't really comparable.

And what I said with that "Internetclever" post is that it is.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

*chortle*

Grow up.

You are the one who needs to grow up, and pick up some reading comprehension skills on the way.

NO, I made it pretty clear that it's not a matter of "pretending they don't exist". Sure, if anyone decides to write a serious novel about the issue there, more power to them. After all, that's how we started hearing about Hemingway, and that's how "War and Peace" was born.

Only thing is, RE5 is really just a silly shallow entertainment product. Not matter how fun or cool it is, it's got no redeeming artistic qualities whatsoever. Making a game happen in Haiti today is as fucking tasteless as making Die Hard 5.0 in Darfur, and have John McLane make fun of the shit that's going on there.

How hard it is to understand that the world is not just a playground for you kids, that there are some real people going trough some pretty heavy shit that you cannot even begin to fathom? How hard it is for you to understand that it is fucking tasteless to make shallow games in modern day Haiti? A less brainless game, one that would take the issue seriously would be fine, but this is ridiculous.

So, you're just trolling because you don't care about RE5 - "it's shallow" - and you've decided to use this thread as a soapbox for some meaningless, racist moral crusade. I see.

How about you fuck the hell off.

Drez on
  • Options
    QonasQonas Detroit, MIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

*chortle*

Grow up.

You're right. We can no longer have games set in countries going through "heavy shit".

That leaves Greenland.

Qonas on
    banner_default.jpg

There is not in all America a more dangerous trait than the deification of mere smartness unaccompanied by any sense of moral responsibility. - President Theodore Roosevelt
  • Options
    edited August 2007

In a very stupid and hollow way. Bad sarcasm doesn't actually make an argument. You'll learn that when you grow up.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

*chortle*

Grow up.

So, you're just trolling because you don't care about RE5 - "it's shallow" - and you've decided to use this thread as a soapbox for some meaningless, racist moral crusade. I see.

How about you fuck the hell off.

Ran out of arguments?
    Shit, I love RE4, and I think that RE5 is going to be really awesome in the gameplay and graphics departments. One of the games that make me want a 360 or PS3 or whatever.

But if you think that the RE series is anything but shallow in the writing department, you're fucking ignorant.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007

In a very stupid and hollow way.

What's stupid and hollow is to think that anyone's problems are irrelevant because someone else had a rougher day. I'm saying that the two sentiments are perfectly comparable because both are racism. It doesn't matter if you're a black person being beaten up because you're black or you're some European getting some shit on an Internet message board by some anti-Europeans morons. Sure, the magnitude of the racism is higher if you're beaten up, but in both cases, it's still racism.

The only racist thing about RE5 is that it even RAISED racist concerns. THIS is the only form of racism I've found. I still can't figure out if it's anti-black racism (Black countries cannot be used in games) or anti-white racism (everytime a white kills a non-white it's because of his skin color as all whites are racist).

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Tough shit. The trailer should be interpreted in context. It's a trailer for RESIDENT EVIL FIVE for fuck's sake. If a bunch of people go "holy shit! look at this racist black-person murder simulator! holy shit!!!!" then we respectfully say "well, no, this is Resident Evil 5, and those people are zombies. Then those people go away.

The only valid complaint here is that people might take the trailer out of context and interpret this as a racist game. It's obviously not if you know one damn thing about the Resident Evil series, and if people want to crusade based on a trailer, then you simply tell them that they are wrong, and let them make whatever asses out of themselves that they want.

Sorry, but this whole debate about racism is bigoted and stupid. It's racist to suggest that Haiti - or black people - should be treated different than any other group out there. By saying this should be situated elsewhere, you are treating Haiti as inferiors, saying that for some retarded rationale they should not be the subject of a zombie game. Fuck that. They are people like anyone else. Unless Haiti has undergone some secret national zombie vaccination, they are as fictionally susceptible to it as anyone else.

So, if people want to stop racism they should stop calling things like this racist.

Treated differently? No, but whether you want to believe it or not, people are treated differently for various reasons. Hell, some people treat people with an eye piercing as some kind of mental retard when all they have is an eye piercing.

Also, I dunno if you can say people are taking the trailer out of context. The trailer has very little context and that's the problem.

I don't agree with the claims that the game is racist, but the whole "OMG how can you find this racist!?!!" is just getting a little stupid. The trailer should have probably have 20-30 seconds of background info like the intro to RE4 maybe, i dunno, but what I do know is it is very easy for someone not knowing what RE to take it the wrong way and start yelling at the top of their lungs.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You guys are retarded.

You've got a trailer with a white guy with a gun killing a whole bunch of black people, and only black people, all of which are armed with basically farm tools, and you think there isn't going to be some kind of backlash?

I don't think the game is racist, but you are stupid if you can't see how it would seem weird to people. Heck, I know they're zombies, and it still felt odd to see that trailer.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Qonas wrote: »

*chortle*

Grow up.

You're right. We can no longer have games set in countries going through "heavy shit".

That leaves Greenland.

See, people?

This is an actual case of "trivializing". No, there are very few places on earth today going through as much shit as haiti and darfur. That's why you won't see those places on SNL.

Ok, so all gamers must be heartless insensitive assholes, because they think that games are more important than respecting the hardships of others.

I'm not even saying that RE5 should be forbidden or anything. My point is that it is TASTELESS. And it damn sure is.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.