As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes: Part 2, The Revengeance

• Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Desperation sure makes those twins do dumb stuff. Like getting separated. :roll:

Also, did Maya trigger her power on purpose? I'm thinking she did.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited October 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Desperation sure makes those twins do dumb stuff. Like getting separated. :roll:

Also, did Maya trigger her power on purpose? I'm thinking she did.

She put herself in a situation where she would be under stress and it would trigger.

Grifter on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I actually said out loud to my wife, I bet that kids car will be a Nissan Rogue.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    When is that Heroes: Origins show supposed to begin airing? I'm half-interested in seeing Eli Roth's episode.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll watch the first few episodes of the new season to catch up with everyone else, but I don't think I'll be following the show as closely as I did before unless the quality has gone up.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I'm rapidly losing interest. I can't bring myself to recommend that the guys at work watch this episode.

devoir on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I don't think anything could make me stop being a fan of the show, but a couple situations of the characters being complete idiots really pushed me on this ep.
    Namely, West is a stalker and a huge jackass and douchebag. Claire is rightfully pissed off at him. But then he flies...and all of a sudden he's boyfriend material? All it does is make him a flying jackass!

Guess it must be a misplaced father-love thing.

And then Candace, showing off her powers, alone, to a guy who even she knows gets a huge kick out of killing people with powers. Did she seriously have absolutely no backup plan in the event Sylar might try to kill her?

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    The chick that used to play Candice has the best smile and looks awfully good wet in a towel.

She is now in Chuck, which is an okay show and gives her more screen time.

devoir on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    The chick that used to play Candice has the best smile and looks awfully good wet in a towel.

She is now in Chuck, which is an okay show and gives her more screen time.

I think she's in Reaper, not Chuck.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Shit, you're right. I get those shows confused too easily.

devoir on
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    That's her in Reaper?

Man, she is so cute.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Any thoughts on why Sylars powers don't work?
    My guess is that Candice isn't dead. She can make people see anything she wants them to, why's everyone assuming Sylar actually hit her with a cup and eated her brains?

To take this even further... Sylar could be strapped to a bed somewhere with Candice controlling everything he sees

Deicist on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Because she showed herself as a fatty. If it was an act, she would've picked something else to show him.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    That's her in Reaper?

Man, she is so cute.

Yes, yes she is.

She can speak French too, bonus exotic points.

In regards to Sylar and the illusion:
    She can make him see anything she wants, but not feel anything she wants. Eating brains would be a pretty strong sensation that I'm sure he isn't going to conjure up in his own head to fit what he's seeing, no matter how good the illusion.

devoir on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    That's her in Reaper?

Man, she is so cute.

Yes, yes she is.

She can speak French too, bonus exotic points.

She can make him see anything she wants, but not feel anything she wants. Eating brains would be a pretty strong sensation that I'm sure he isn't going to conjure up in his own head to fit what he's seeing, no matter how good the illusion.

Turn off the lights and put your hand in a pot full of spaghetti.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Tallus wrote: »
    Any thoughts on why Sylars powers don't work?
    My guess is that Candice isn't dead. She can make people see anything she wants them to, why's everyone assuming Sylar actually hit her with a cup and eated her brains?

To take this even further... Sylar could be strapped to a bed somewhere with Candice controlling everything he sees

I just assumed it was because he has the disease.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Can't she? She was offering to do a one woman menage-a-trois with him. I don't see how that could be pulled off through visual tricks alone.

I certainly hope this theory is true, because I can't imagine anyone being as stupid as Candace seemed to be in this episode.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Candace's powers seem more like temporary reality shifting than just illusions. I mean, we know from the future Sylar use of them that they even trick cameras, so it's not just a psychic thing.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Can't she? She was offering to do a one woman menage-a-trois with him. I don't see how that could be pulled off through visual tricks alone.

I certainly hope this theory is true, because I can't imagine anyone being as stupid as Candace seemed to be in this episode.

Isn't she the one that thought she could beat up Nikki, the chick with freaking super strength? Yeah, I'd say she's pretty god-damn stupid.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm pretty god damn sure Sylar doesn't actually eat the brains. He sees how they work (as per his power) and then somehow modifies himself to work that way as well. I really doubt chewing up and digesting a brain is going to do anything other than tear apart the protiens using acids, destroying both the brains genetic material as well as the arrangement of neurons and other brain cells that cause the powers.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Honestly, I don't think the writers themselves know exactly how he does it, and they might never end up explaining it.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't think the writers themselves know exactly how he does it, and they might never end up explaining it.

They said they were going to reveal what he's doing with the brains this season.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

They said they were going to reveal what he's doing with the brains this season.

Really? I was pretty sure that they'd admitted that he ate the brains but they weren't going to show it because they knew it'd never carry that well visually.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Really? I was pretty sure that they'd admitted that he ate the brains but they weren't going to show it because they knew it'd never carry that well visually.
    Does Sylar (Zachary Quinto) get his power by eating brains?
    ''That's the popular speculation,'' laughs Kring. ''There is a connection between the poewrs and the brain — and Sylar has found [it]. Early in season 2, you'll find out what he's been doing with the brains.''
    Source: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20015859,00.html

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Isn't she the one that thought she could beat up Nikki, the chick with freaking super strength? Yeah, I'd say she's pretty god-damn stupid.

Trying to use psychological tricks to defeat a psychologically unbalanced opponent is really not that stupid compared to leaving yourself vulnerable to a known mass murderer.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Does Sylar (Zachary Quinto) get his power by eating brains?
    ''That's the popular speculation,'' laughs Kring. ''There is a connection between the poewrs and the brain — and Sylar has found [it]. Early in season 2, you'll find out what he's been doing with the brains.''
    Source: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20015859,00.html

You're right :p

But while looking about the Internets, I found this in the top google results: http://sylareatsbrains.com/

devoir on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    As for Candice getting killed; according to the writers, she is indeed dead. :S

If we want to try and justify it, I'd say that between her ability and the fact that Sylar was both injured and effectively powerless, they figured Candice would be able to keep in him line. Especially if she dangled the chance to not only get his powers back, but to get HELP in doing it. They just failed to recognize that Sylar is beyond reasoning and can't really see beyond gaining more power.

Which is why his killing of Candice was probably the first time one of his murders has really made me uncomfortable. She wasn't just a victim, she was willing to help Sylar, but he still killed her. Yikes.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    lordhacklordhack Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    More characters, and extremely predictable plot twists...
    Did this show jump the shark, or am I just disapointed about the total lack of Hiro this episode?

lordhack on
    Arkham Bed and Breakfast for the Criminally Insane, Convenient to City, Office open 24 hours. Call for reservations or visit our web page.
    Isn't my sig pic awesome?
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    lordhack wrote: »
    More characters, and extremely predictable plot twists...
    Did this show jump the shark, or am I just disapointed about the total lack of Hiro this episode?

It didn't jump the shark, because they didn't pull an obvious ratings-grab stunt. It was just another episode of heroes.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So is that what Nathan really looks like after Peter blew up? And if so how is he hiding it?

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

If we want to try and justify it, I'd say that between her ability and the fact that Sylar was both injured and effectively powerless, they figured Candice would be able to keep in him line. Especially if she dangled the chance to not only get his powers back, but to get HELP in doing it. They just failed to recognize that Sylar is beyond reasoning and can't really see beyond gaining more power.

Which is why his killing of Candice was probably the first time one of his murders has really made me uncomfortable. She wasn't just a victim, she was willing to help Sylar, but he still killed her. Yikes.

I just don't like the idea of Sylar being able to kill her so easily.

I mean, think about it for a minute: if you can cast perfect illusions, including of physical sensation, why would you actually be within reach of your target? Wouldn't you ALWAYS be at least several feet away, in a different direction?

Granted, this girl is supposed to only have had her powers for a couple years, but she's clearly pretty adept (right down to making multiple people, etc. in her illusions), and she knew she was dealing with a multiple-murdering megalomaniac that believes itself to be nature's pinnacle, so wouldn't she take all the available precautions? What about her handlers, wouldn't they demand such stringent safety precautions?

On the other hand, I'm glad that they're not actually giving Sylar these powers...he's so creative that he'd be unstoppable.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

I just don't like the idea of Sylar being able to kill her so easily.

I mean, think about it for a minute: if you can cast perfect illusions, including of physical sensation, why would you actually be within reach of your target? Wouldn't you ALWAYS be at least several feet away, in a different direction?

Granted, this girl is supposed to only have had her powers for a couple years, but she's clearly pretty adept (right down to making multiple people, etc. in her illusions), and she knew she was dealing with a multiple-murdering megalomaniac that believes itself to be nature's pinnacle, so wouldn't she take all the available precautions? What about her handlers, wouldn't they demand such stringent safety precautions?

On the other hand, I'm glad that they're not actually giving Sylar these powers...he's so creative that he'd be unstoppable.

Dude, you try to apply real world logic to fiction a bit too much. Who can say what a person would or wouldn't do if they had powers? She's a pretty cocky person so I could see her getting into proximity of Sylar, thinking she's untouchable.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    The thing that bugged me most about that whole thing was how Candace was all, "Oh Sylar, I know you're a head-chomping psychopath, but I totally want to have your babies!" I don't get it. Not at all.

I'm pretty sure if anything is going to make me stop watching this show, it's all of the nonsensical bullshit that seems to follow Sylar around like a fat kid chasing an ice cream man.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    blackranger3dblackranger3d Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    For me the show feels slooow, there are way too many plot lines. But on the good side I love...
    The taskmaster girl. That is one of my favorite powers

blackranger3d on
    BOOM SHACK A LAKA
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'm not really huge on this season although last night's episode was a step in the right direction. What really bothers me about all these types of shows is the self-induced drama. Take Claire for example. We know that her boyfriend will meet her father so why waste all this time with the sneaking around storyline?

HRG should have caught Claire while she was sneaking away with West. The storyline could actually progress and we'd get to see some real drama between HRG and West, not this overwraught teen angst bullshit. It just seems that characters in these shows constantly think, "Lying to this person is a far better approach than telling the truth and I'm SURE it will never cause me any pain."

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I like how with the "Picture"
    Nathans dad has his face turned away so we don't get to see it yet. not obvious at all.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    lordhacklordhack Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm not really huge on this season although last night's episode was a step in the right direction. What really bothers me about all these types of shows is the self-induced drama. Take Claire for example. We know that her boyfriend will meet her father so why waste all this time with the sneaking around storyline?

HRG should have caught Claire while she was sneaking away with West. The storyline could actually progress and we'd get to see some real drama between HRG and West, not this overwraught teen angst bullshit. It just seems that characters in these shows constantly think, "Lying to this person is a far better approach than telling the truth and I'm SURE it will never cause me any pain."

In the same vain, why doesn't HRG just show her the picture? "Don't date any one." just sounds like he's being overprotective. "This is a painting by some guy who paints the future, look at the bottom left corner, now up to the top right..." on the other hand, would probably make Clair actually do what he was saying. As of now, all HRG is doing is making sure the painting really does happen.

lordhack on
    Arkham Bed and Breakfast for the Criminally Insane, Convenient to City, Office open 24 hours. Call for reservations or visit our web page.
    Isn't my sig pic awesome?
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    lordhack wrote: »

In the same vain, why doesn't HRG just show her the picture? "Don't date any one." just sounds like he's being overprotective. "This is a painting by some guy who paints the future, look at the bottom left corner, now up to the top right..." on the other hand, would probably make Clair actually do what he was saying. As of now, all HRG is doing is making sure the painting really does happen.

Damn it his name is Noah. I'm so tired of all this HRG, the man has a name.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    HiravaxisHiravaxis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm pretty sure what Nathan sees in the mirror is just in his mind.
    But this is a comic book TV show.. so I could be easily be wrong.

Hiravaxis on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hiravaxis wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure what Nathan sees in the mirror is just in his mind.
    But this is a comic book TV show.. so I could be easily be wrong.
    Personally, I think it's related in someway to Niki/Jessica. Possibly Jessica (That was the psycho one, right?) had a power that allowed her to stick her personality in someone elses head, manifesting in the mirror. When Peter was in close proximity he could have absorbed the power from the personality of Jessica (Who, since being killed was only existing within Niki's mind) without realizing it, then placed his own personality as a hitch hiker of sorts within Nathan.

It's possible that Peter didn't realize that he'd done it and can't leave Nathan's head until he has a body to go back to. Having his real personality kicking back inside his brother could explain why he no longer has any memory of who he is in his body.

I don't know if any of that made any sense at all.

see317 on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    No idea if it's right, but I like that theory it's nice and neat.

Also, noone else has commented so perhaps it was just widely accepted, but was this episode the first time Mrs Petrelli admitted to having a power? Something along the lines of telling Parkman that they would find out about "special people like us".

Also, didn't Nathan win an election of some kind? It made sense before when he appeared to be in hiding and presumably pretending he was dead, but no apparently he just couldn't be bothered shaving. The person at the school wasn't surprised to meet the boys Father and said he wasn't allowed to be there, and also he had no problem cleaning himself up and talking to the police. So why isn't he mayor of New York (or whatever he was running for)?

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg