Options

Secret Santa 07: Easter Bunnies Apply Here

• Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Figgy wrote: »
    Cornell002 wrote: »
    I got a package sitting on the stairs when I got home from work tonight, and after looking at the name and having no recollection of ordering anything, I concluded this was my elusive Santa popping in 4 days early.
    100gp3.jpg
    1000430lu7.jpg
    1000431ja3.jpg
    1000432hx1.jpg

Thank you Santa. Time to reveal yourself eh?

So....your....Santa... bought you.... a malaria-prevention charity t-shirt?

What?

I'm guessing it was a donation to that organization which buys nets to prevent malaria in countries struggling with the disease.

Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hewn wrote: »
    Cornell002 wrote: »
    I got a package sitting on the stairs when I got home from work tonight, and after looking at the name and having no recollection of ordering anything, I concluded this was my elusive Santa popping in 4 days early.
    100gp3.jpg
    1000430lu7.jpg
    1000431ja3.jpg
    1000432hx1.jpg

Thank you Santa. Time to reveal yourself eh?

So....your....Santa... bought you.... a malaria-prevention charity t-shirt?

What?

I'm guessing it was a donation to that organization which buys nets to prevent malaria in countries struggling with the disease.

That's....a new one... maybe some clarification from the Santa?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    He said the package was four days early -- that might not be from his Santa at all. At least, maybe not his G&T Santa.

gilrain on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    gilrain wrote: »
    He said the package was four days early -- that might not be from his Santa at all. At least, maybe not his G&T Santa.

I think by that he meant it was delivered 4 days early... the 21st is 4 days before Christmas.

Sorry, don't mean to sound like an ass, but that's an entirely RANDOM gift for a Games and Technology secret santa. Is there any relevance to the santee at all?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    gilrain wrote: »
    I think by that he meant it was delivered 4 days early... the 21st is 4 days before Christmas.

Sorry, don't mean to sound like an ass, but that's an entirely RANDOM gift for a Games and Technology secret santa. Is there any relevance to the santee at all?
    Oh, yeah. Maths: I don't has them. :P

Yeah, it's a weird gift. Maybe that Santa's kid sister died of malaria whilst on a humanitarian mission to a third-world country, and then we'll all feel bad. :(

gilrain on
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ok so I lied a bit.

I'm your Secret Santa, but it's not secret anymore

I'm leaving tomorrow for vacation, then more vacation, then I'm going to Africa, so I won't have time to check my intarwebz.

Anyway, I'm entirely sad that you didn't get what I sent, so I'll tell you what it is, and see about some photographic evidence.

In the spirit of giving, and you being a tough nugget to figure out what to give, I thought about Africa, as that's been on my mind a lot lately.

I donated a safe water supply and food to families in Africa in your name.

I can forward a receipt to you if you want, but this is the gist:

Donation Quantity Sub Total:
    Gift 18 - Supply a Thirsty Family with Clean Water-(Clean Water Projects)
    SKU: 013659
    1 $100.00
    Gift 20 - Help Distribute Life-Saving Food-(Emergency Food)
    SKU: 013562
    1 $50.00

I'm really pissed they didn't send you the card that has your name on it and stuff, but when I'm over in Africa, if I see a well with your name on it, I'm SO taking a picture and sending it your way.

Post about it if you want or not, its up to you,

theres something else along the same lines coming your way as well, a little more material.

Hope you like shirts.

I like it, it's classy

Cornell002 on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh hey, I just noticed you got the shirt last page

I feel silly

Anyway, Merry Christmas man, and sorry about all those silly charity mix-ups.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Okay, nice -- that is classy, and a good gift. The shirt alone threw me for a loop. The full story is cool. :^:

gilrain on
  • Options
    ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    haven't gotten anything from my SS yet. Wondering if everything is ok.

Zarcath on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Icemopper wrote: »

I feel silly

Holy crap, that's really generous of you!

urahonky on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

I feel silly

Awesome gift, and noticing the amount you spent-- that's quite generous of you! A picture would be pretty amazing, really. They put the names on the wells? That's quite rad, I must say. Very classy! Get this chap a monocle, stat!

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    meatflower wrote: »
    Santa from The Great White North:

Thank you so much for Tabula Rasa! I'd been thinking of giving it a try but this gives me the push I needed.

This is my first year participating and so far it's been a lot of fun. Once my Santee receives his gift (which should be any day now) the circle will be complete.

Just "bumping" my post so maybe my Santa will see it and respond.

I'm curious now.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    Zealous OneZealous One Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Darn it, I was hoping my gift would reach its destination by Friday. Sorry Santee, worst comes to worst it should be there by Monday.

Zealous One on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Dear Santa,

I'm going out of town Sunday and will be back on Wednesday afternoon. So if you sent me something and it doesn't arrive today then I won't know about it until I return.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hey, Santa!

I just want to inform you that I have received your package today! Now, normally I'm not one of those guys, but since it's so close to Christmas, and it looks like my place under the tree is going to be rather empty this year, I've decided to wait until Christmas Eve before I open your present (extra kudos for you if you manage to shock my relatives with your gifts!). :)

edit: man, now I wish I hadn't ruled out the Swedish penis enlarger at the begining.

edit2: I just noticed that on the backsite of the package, it says that it contains 3 video games and one plush toy. Awesome, I'm really in for some treatment!

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    urahonky wrote: »

I feel silly

I don't get it! What happened?

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    urahonky wrote: »

I feel silly

I don't get it! What happened?

Shirt on page 101 and email on page 102 go together.

Cornell002 receives t-shirt as a gift, then icemopper explains that the other part of his gifts is donations (made in Cornell002's name) to help people in Africa.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    tachyontachyon Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Quick question for the group:

I have an international Santee. Although requested for, I do not have the telephone number (USPS says I need). How crucial is the telephone number? And, at this point, can I just send it with a fake number in the same country, or will that pretty much kill the package?

I feel bad because I have received my gift, but I am unable to send his.

tachyon on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Just get someone to ask for the phone number.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So Royal Mail can suck a dick. My package hasnt even arrived in America yet, even though I paid a fortune for swift delivery.

However, its been in limbo at some warehouse for 3 fucking weeks. No wonder they werent forthcoming with the tracking information so long ago.

Anyways, I am not about to let my santa down, so I need last minute gift ideas. Cant be something I can buy in this country cause I have to send it to America.

I was thinking splashing a load of cash on Steam with their new gift thing and sending my santa like orange box and the valve back catalogue or something.

regardless, I dont want christmas to go by without my santa having some sort of secret santa gift. especially cause my actual gift stuck in portsmouth or somewhere is super awesome.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    PotU wrote: »

Yup, already have, twice. No response. (from the santee)

So I'm assuming it's crucial information for shipping international. Right?

tachyon on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    tachyon wrote: »

I didn't need a phone number, and my Santee is overseas -- via USPS Express Mail...

gilrain on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Is he active? Or hasn't he been here for a while?

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Is he active? Or hasn't he been here for a while?
    Not very active, he was on earlier in the month (after the request was made).

I guess I'll wait till Christmas, then just send it after without the number

tachyon on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Hey, it'd be cool if Alfred J. Kwak's Santa would send me a PM, I have an important question.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Uh oh, my package was rescheduled to be delivered on the 24th. I fly out that day!

I hope the UPS guy is early and I get to open it before I leave. Your effort is appreciated, Santa, just know if I don't post on the 24th it means I missed it and I'll post when I return on New Years Day.

Hewn on
  • Options
    MegoDrDoomMegoDrDoom Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So, while I was sleeping today my sister walked into my room and dropped a box on me (quite literally).
    hpim0374bw6.jpg
    hpim0376gx6.jpg

FUCK YES!

I had read this whole series through less favorable means but now I'm legit. A sweet ass hardbound version to boot. It's even got one of those bible tassels so I don't lose my place!

I have the email of my Santa but I did not see his user name. Show yourself!

Edit: Ashley Wood is THE shit!!

MegoDrDoom on
    XBL and PSN - MegoDrDoom
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    So Royal Mail can suck a dick. My package hasnt even arrived in America yet, even though I paid a fortune for swift delivery.

However, its been in limbo at some warehouse for 3 fucking weeks. No wonder they werent forthcoming with the tracking information so long ago.

Anyways, I am not about to let my santa down, so I need last minute gift ideas. Cant be something I can buy in this country cause I have to send it to America.

I was thinking splashing a load of cash on Steam with their new gift thing and sending my santa like orange box and the valve back catalogue or something.

regardless, I dont want christmas to go by without my santa having some sort of secret santa gift. especially cause my actual gift stuck in portsmouth or somewhere is super awesome.

I had a similar thing last year, so I gave a $13.37 donation to childs play.

LewieP on
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ziggymon wrote: »
    Don't suppose my secret santa sent me another package from amazon ?

WOOT! YOU GOT IT! Thank god. Hope you enjoy Mario and Sonic man, I got it, and I figured we could exchange friend codes if you got into it.
    Merry Christmas

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    MegoDrDoom wrote: »
    So, while I was sleeping today my sister walked into my room and dropped a box on me (quite literally).
    hpim0374bw6.jpg
    hpim0376gx6.jpg

FUCK YES!

I had read this whole series through less favorable means but now I'm legit. A sweet ass hardbound version to boot. It's even got one of those bible tassels so I don't lose my place!

I have the email of my Santa but I did not see his user name. Show yourself!

Edit: Ashley Wood is THE shit!!

Happy Holidays, friend!

After last year, I figured you had something awesome coming to you. Ashley Wood is indeed amazing. I'm just pleased you enjoy it!

Hewn on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Cool, I just got a pm letting me know my gift will be coming in later this week. I'm sure whatever it is will be worth it, and I don't mind waiting at all.
    Thanks Santa for letting me know though.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I hope my Santee likes his/her/its gifts. They were all things that he/she/it mentioned as being things they enjoy.

I just sent a good friend of mine the Blade Runner Super Final Edition on Blu-Ray, the version that comes in the silver suitcase with 5 discs and like 4 versions of the film. This after we said we weren't going to do gifts for each other. I'm a bastard, ha. But I'm not telling him it's from me, I used Amazon and had the gift note read "ho ho ho. signed, a nexus-6 replicant. i am watching you."

I was going to just sign it "You want to know about my mother?" but I'm not sure if he remembers that line from the film.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    WheezerWheezer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    tachyon wrote: »

I know I included my phone number with my details, for just such a situation. I think the importance of the phone number depends on the destination.

Down here the delivery company will call you either just before they arrive, or before they dispatch the goods from their local office to check if you are home. If you aren't, you can usually just agree on a later delivery time.

If there's no phone number, they will try to locate the destination anyway and leave a note for you to pick the package up. But the last step might vary from location to location and from company to company. I really wouldn't like to ship an express package without a phone number. I know my santee recieved the package I sent without one, but that was to Canada.

All said, try to get the number if you can at all.

Wheezer on
    megamansig.jpg
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Dear Santee, your shit will be in the mail on Monday.

Love Badman

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    FreeBryd!FreeBryd! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Got My gift!

I'll post pix tomorrow.

Hmm.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y1a_ikfUico

Yeah.

My only complaint is that you didn't get me some aviators ;-)

FreeBryd! on
    theaterseats.jpg
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I am making something for my Santee. I don't want to give it away, but it's taking me a lot longer than anticipated so I also bought you something off of Amazon. It didn't give me the option of attaching a note, so you might be confused. I'll drop you a PM around the time they tell me it should be arriving at your doorstep. I will also send you my creation as soon as it is finished, along with a little bonus I think you will enjoy.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh and to my Santa. I haven't been able to make it to my mailbox the past few days because right now I'm living a ways away from it. They are closed tomorrow so I will stop by on Monday and see if I can find anything. I'll PM you with the results.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    Mullitt The WiseMullitt The Wise Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So has my santa revealed themselves? Last year I never found out who my santa was, and I don't want that to happen again.

Mullitt The Wise on
    balloonssig.jpg
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So has my santa revealed themselves? Last year I never found out who my santa was, and I don't want that to happen again.

I'm in the same boat. Who are you, Santa?

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Nexus ZeroNexus Zero Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So I get home after two months away. My first question to Mum is, 'where's my secret santa?'

James Barclay's The Ascendants of Estorea Books 1 and 2. I had no idea who or what these were, but Hardtarget included a helpful note that says there's some mutual inspiration between James Barclay and David Gemmell, the author of the books I gave to Dr Phibbs. My excitement skyrocketed. Also, HT, it says in the note that you haven't read the books. Well, I haven't read them yet (obviously), but you asked for feedback and first impressions: they are epically sized. One's really thick and the other is really thick and big. I'm ridiculously excited to jump in - Gemmell's dead and I've read all his Drenai books. This looks like just the ticket, thank you very, very much.

Nexus Zero on
    sig.jpg