Options

Secret Santa 07: Easter Bunnies Apply Here

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    So Jyardana decided to get me the most badass thing possible. My cats are going to hate me, more than they do already.

jyardana.jpg

This thing is sick without being modded, and I am reading up on people more than quadrupling the distance. In time this gun will be a foam firing instrument of death.

Thanks tons man, explosive high fives all around.

bombardier on
  • Options
    Mullitt The WiseMullitt The Wise Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    bombardier wrote: »
    So Jyardana decided to get me the most badass thing possible. My cats are going to hate me, more than they do already.

[IG]http://iseenothing.com/files/jyardana.jpg[/IMG]

This thing is sick without being modded, and I am reading up on people more than quadrupling the distance. In time this gun will be a foam firing instrument of death.

Thanks tons man, explosive high fives all around.
    Just replace the spring. That alone makes it so much more awesome.

Mullitt The Wise on
    balloonssig.jpg
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    I plan on painting it as well.

bombardier on
  • Options
    JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    In Moe's tech forum I just posted how to mod a Mav for more distance. The trigger mechanism is roughly the same for the LS so if you put in a stiffer spring you should also do the trigger spring, otherwise the LS tends to fire on its own during cocking.

And Bombardier, your cats are gonna hate the second gift I'm sending tomorrow just as much as the Longshot. :)

Jyardana on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »
    So from my room I have a perfect view of the mailbox, which means that every time the mail man or ups drives by, I get a little bit excited. Today, it finally paid off! I see that the mailman parks a bit away from the actual box, and what's this? Yes! He has a package with him!!!!

I would have taken pictures of the box, but umm, I got excited and ripped right into it. Thankfully, I manage to control myself and snap pictures of the gifts.

First the letter,
    letter.jpg

<<<WARNING>>>
    YOU HAVE RECEIVED A CONTAINER OF CONTENTS!

If my calculations are correct, by the time you read this you should already have received and opened the box. If the box is not already opened, open it now. Inside you will find:

-An Altair Figure: Not sure if you're a fan of the game, but I still think the character looks pretty damn cool. As far as I know, this specific figurine model was only available for purchase to Ubisoft employees, and in limited quantities!( At least, that's what we were told!) Hopefully this model stays exclusive to us and you have a unique gift!
    Disclaimer: This fgurine will not assasinate in your stead. Do your own dirty work!

- The Art of War: I don't read that many books and a lot of my literature is French so I decided to get yo a book that I thought would be a sure win. Everybody needs a bit of Art of War, right?
    Disclaimer: Reading this will not instantly make you a mster tactician.

-A bag of All-dressed chips: NOw you too can enjoy the wonders of this mysterious Canadian Favour! Even I, a Canadian, have no idea what this flavour(How cute! he spells it with a u) is supposed to represent!
    Disclaimer: All-dressed chips do not actually have all possible dressings.

I hope you enjoy these gifts! Happy Holidays!!
    Fireflash

assasinscreed.jpg

Oh man, this is fucking awesome. Funny thing too, because I yet to play the game, and I actually went to Blockbuster today before getting home to see if it was available. It wasn't, but now with this figure mocking me with it's assasiny goodness, I might just buy it. I'll forgive the fact it doesn't kill for me. YET.

altair.jpg

All out of his box and look ready to kill someone.
    book.jpg

I have always wanted to read this book, but never had. Woo!!
    chips.jpg
    Oh you crazy Canadians, what with your English AND french spelling. For a brief moment I thought of never opening the bag and just displaying it, but cooler heads and a hungry stomach prevailed. They are quite delicious, although I too hae no idea what the flavor is suppose to represent.

Thanks a whole lot Fireflash, this was a bounty of awesome. To me they are the perfect kind of gift. Things you would never think of buying for yourself. I sincerely appreciate it and I hope you have a great holiday too!

Wooo, glad you enjoyed the gifts! Btw, I think you missed a little hidden surprise in the box. (an object hidden in the papers used to stuff the box) :P

Ha! I did find it when I first opened the box, just forgot to put up pictures. It's a little horsey! I guess Altair's steed?

Anyways, once my computer is back up, I'll post better pictures of the figure, just cause it's awesomely detailed. Thanks again!

noir_blood on
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Quick, all santees who don't have gifts yet! It's at your door! GO LOOK!

Hint: don't go look if you live below the 49th Parallel or outside of North America.
    USPS wrote:

Your item arrived at 12:41 PM on December 23, 2007.
    Let me know it got there safe and sound.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »
    So from my room I have a perfect view of the mailbox, which means that every time the mail man or ups drives by, I get a little bit excited. Today, it finally paid off! I see that the mailman parks a bit away from the actual box, and what's this? Yes! He has a package with him!!!!

I would have taken pictures of the box, but umm, I got excited and ripped right into it. Thankfully, I manage to control myself and snap pictures of the gifts.

First the letter,
    letter.jpg

<<<WARNING>>>
    YOU HAVE RECEIVED A CONTAINER OF CONTENTS!

If my calculations are correct, by the time you read this you should already have received and opened the box. If the box is not already opened, open it now. Inside you will find:

-An Altair Figure: Not sure if you're a fan of the game, but I still think the character looks pretty damn cool. As far as I know, this specific figurine model was only available for purchase to Ubisoft employees, and in limited quantities!( At least, that's what we were told!) Hopefully this model stays exclusive to us and you have a unique gift!
    Disclaimer: This fgurine will not assasinate in your stead. Do your own dirty work!

- The Art of War: I don't read that many books and a lot of my literature is French so I decided to get yo a book that I thought would be a sure win. Everybody needs a bit of Art of War, right?
    Disclaimer: Reading this will not instantly make you a mster tactician.

-A bag of All-dressed chips: NOw you too can enjoy the wonders of this mysterious Canadian Favour! Even I, a Canadian, have no idea what this flavour(How cute! he spells it with a u) is supposed to represent!
    Disclaimer: All-dressed chips do not actually have all possible dressings.

I hope you enjoy these gifts! Happy Holidays!!
    Fireflash

assasinscreed.jpg

Oh man, this is fucking awesome. Funny thing too, because I yet to play the game, and I actually went to Blockbuster today before getting home to see if it was available. It wasn't, but now with this figure mocking me with it's assasiny goodness, I might just buy it. I'll forgive the fact it doesn't kill for me. YET.

altair.jpg

All out of his box and look ready to kill someone.
    book.jpg

I have always wanted to read this book, but never had. Woo!!
    chips.jpg
    Oh you crazy Canadians, what with your English AND french spelling. For a brief moment I thought of never opening the bag and just displaying it, but cooler heads and a hungry stomach prevailed. They are quite delicious, although I too hae no idea what the flavor is suppose to represent.

Thanks a whole lot Fireflash, this was a bounty of awesome. To me they are the perfect kind of gift. Things you would never think of buying for yourself. I sincerely appreciate it and I hope you have a great holiday too!

Wooo, glad you enjoyed the gifts! Btw, I think you missed a little hidden surprise in the box. (an object hidden in the papers used to stuff the box) :P

Ha! I did find it when I first opened the box, just forgot to put up pictures. It's a little horsey! I guess Altair's steed?

Anyways, once my computer is back up, I'll post better pictures of the figure, just cause it's awesomely detailed. Thanks again!

It was mostly just a joke, because in one of your post in this thread you asked for a poney. That's the best I could do :P

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    so are those pics suposed to be tiny?

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Guys. This is me hoping to God my gifts have arrived for my Santee tomorrow so I can turn that shit back around and send it my santee's way before the 31st. At this point I'm gonna let my wallet take the hit and pay for the overnight shipping, I feel terrible that the gifts won't arrive in time for Christmas.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Guys. This is me hoping to God my gifts have arrived for my Santee tomorrow so I can turn that shit back around and send it my santee's way before the 31st. At this point I'm gonna let my wallet take the hit and pay for the overnight shipping, I feel terrible that the gifts won't arrive in time for Christmas.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think my biggest worry is just not being home whenever UPS/FedEX/USPS/whoever show up, and missing the package and finding a slip of paper on the door instead.

In that respect, I'm almost hoping it was sent via normal mail.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I think my biggest worry is just not being home whenever UPS/FedEX/USPS/whoever show up, and missing the package and finding a slip of paper on the door instead.

In that respect, I'm almost hoping it was sent via normal mail.
    My biggest worry is that the package has been delivered and is some where in the dank miasma that is my front yard/verandah. It's not hard to imagine, in a few months time while weeding the front, stumbling upon a shrivelled, decayed and snail eaten secret santa package.
    Eww.

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    Alright, substitute Santa is here.

In the couple of days, I'll ask for anyone who still has not received their gift and has no clue as to what's going on with his or her Santa. If you are still giftless after New Year's, I'll get your information and make sure you don't go away empty-handed.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Haha, you don't have to do that Rorus Raz. :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    Haha, you don't have to do that Rorus Raz. :)
    If I don't, those three spirits are going to come again this year, and I'll be damned if I'm going without sleep this Christmas Eve.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Get this man a Santee! Quick!!

urahonky on
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    We tend to all pitch in at the end to cover any giftless Santees. Then we hug.

gilrain on
  • Options
    FreeBryd!FreeBryd! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    "FreeBryd!,

Merry Christmas! I'm your secret santa from the penny-arcade forums. Your sparse posting record didnt exactly give me many hints on what to get you, so I kind of had to wing it. :-P

I've packed Ace Combat 04
    cover.jpg

and 5,
    256px-Ac5box.jpg
    two of my favorite games. They may seem like run of the mill flight simulators, but they're actually very action oriented and easy to pick up and play. I've been a fan for many years now, and hopefully I'll be able to convert you as well! If this isn't your cup of tea, feel free to make use of the included gift receipts. I hope you have a merry Christmas and a very happy new year. God Bless!

Cheers,

NickTheNewbie."

Great gifts buddy, I had never played them, and so far I'm really digging 4.

FreeBryd! on
    theaterseats.jpg
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Nexus Zero wrote: »
    So I get home after two months away. My first question to Mum is, 'where's my secret santa?'

James Barclay's The Ascendants of Estorea Books 1 and 2. I had no idea who or what these were, but Hardtarget included a helpful note that says there's some mutual inspiration between James Barclay and David Gemmell, the author of the books I gave to Dr Phibbs. My excitement skyrocketed. Also, HT, it says in the note that you haven't read the books. Well, I haven't read them yet (obviously), but you asked for feedback and first impressions: they are epically sized. One's really thick and the other is really thick and big. I'm ridiculously excited to jump in - Gemmell's dead and I've read all his Drenai books. This looks like just the ticket, thank you very, very much.

yay you finally went home! lol

I'm glad I provided a explanatory note heh. Have you looked them up online or anything? I think they should be right down your ally from what I read about them and form what I've seen you post.

Also no picture?! They are epicly sized man, how can there be no picture! :(

So glad you are excited to read them though :D

edit - also apparently whenever barclay needed help or got stuck he actually went and talked with gemmell in person about it, so i guess they were friends and what not in real life. Pretty neat.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Present Get!
    ss1.jpg

I wonder what's inside...
    ss2.jpg

OMG, Red and white polka dotted paper?! How'd my Santa know?!
    ss3.jpg

Oh, there's more! What's this..? SCORE some graphic novels about zombies?!
    ss4.jpg

Oh and a note! Err... I'm not freaked out by this!
    ss5.jpg

Ah, something's written in here. Holy crap, you hit the nail on the head Zealous! I'm a huge horror freak. :)
    ss6.jpg

And this looks like something I'd enjoy. ;) I am excited to sit down and read this in the upcoming weekend!

Thanks again Zealous! You're awesome, and if you're ever in the area... Let me know!

urahonky on
  • Options
    Zealous OneZealous One Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You're welcome, urahonky! It's really more along the lines of vampires than zombies, but I didn't want to risk it with any popular zombie literature you already might have had, and I thought you'd get a kick out of this as well. I'm glad you're enjoying it, and hope you have a great rest of the holidays!

Zealous One on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    As soon as I can borrow my 'rents Digicam, I am posting pics.

My santa beats everyone elses.

LewieP on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Waiting(and hoping). I think I'm more worried about something being wrong with the destination on my part, but I'm paranoid to a fault about receiving things via mail.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    You're welcome, urahonky! It's really more along the lines of vampires than zombies, but I didn't want to risk it with any popular zombie literature you already might have had, and I thought you'd get a kick out of this as well. I'm glad you're enjoying it, and hope you have a great rest of the holidays!

Ah, either way I LOVE the art style. I can't wait till this movie comes out! And I hope you have a great rest of your holidays too!!

urahonky on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    nothing here yet either. Are you there santa? its me, taliosfalcon. Although the really annoying thing is that my santee received his stuff early november and still hasn't posted anything about it, i wish i could hate him to death. I mean..hohoho, merry christmas santee .

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I also can't wait to here my Santee's response, I hope I am not one of the ones left out in the cold without hearing back..

LewieP on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Im giving it another 2 days if there is no word from my santee Im going to assume my package has not arrived. Ive been having some fuckwits at the post office fucking me around on why it hasnt been delivered.

Needless to say my santee will be getting a shitstorm of Wii points or MS points gifted promptly if nothing turns up by new years.

I will not let someone down nor will I be thought of as a scam artist, especially after the gift I received arrived over a month ago and was awesome.

To my santee (you know who you are we have been PM'ing), Apologies and I guess you can stock up on like 5 or 6 Live Arcade titles in a few days. Doesnt look like my gift is going to arrive for a week or two.

Which is a shame cause my gift was so awesome I bought two one for myself.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    I also can't wait to here my Santee's response, I hope I am not one of the ones left out in the cold without hearing back..
    Seconded. My gift arrived on the 23rd and I hope my Santee posts soon.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    Nexus ZeroNexus Zero Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    also apparently whenever barclay needed help or got stuck he actually went and talked with gemmell in person about it, so i guess they were friends and what not in real life. Pretty neat.

Oh my god, that's awesome. I'll try and find this cable because I want you to appreciate just how huge these books are. I've had about 10 books for Christmas, I think you could fit the other 8 into these two.

Nexus Zero on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Can we request the name of our Santa if we've already received our gift? I want to thank them properly and they don't seem to be reading this thread.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Waiting(and hoping). I think I'm more worried about something being wrong with the destination on my part, but I'm paranoid to a fault about receiving things via mail.
    Yeah I feel the same way. That said the gifts this have been fucking awesome, everyones done a pretty damn fine job so far.

Hearthjaw on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I can be a backup Santa if anyone needs me to be.

urahonky on
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Sorry for the late update Santa, I had my package delivered to a friend's house because my neighborhood is sketchy and I was only able to get there yesterday. I'm sorry about the picture wquality, I'm using my cell phone's camera to take shots and I'm kinda drunk so they're a little blurry

My gift was pretty meh
    l6bc52ea75832024623b01cde4.jpg

And in true ThinkGeek tradition, I present action shots!
    1226071631lh1.jpg

1226071632ts9.jpg

I also got the annoy-o-tron, which is driving my cat crazy as we speak. We'll see what ksort of effect it has on ym roomates when they get home.

My gift message said thus:
    To Einhander, May you annoy your enemies while sipping your poison of choice, grinning to yourself with an evil smirk. All the best and Merry Christmas, From your PA Secret Santa Prime.

Thank you Prime, you rule. Both of these will be getting extensive use. Especially the flask. rght now.

Einhander on
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ok guys, so, I ordered my gifts to my santee over a week ago and haven't arrived. They do indeed exist. What should I do in the even that I am unable to get them to my Santee in time for the deadline? Should I contact a mod or take my year long ban like a man?

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ok guys, so, I ordered my gifts to my santee over a week ago and haven't arrived. They do indeed exist. What should I do in the even that I am unable to get them to my Santee in time for the deadline? Should I contact a mod or take my year long ban like a man?

A charitable donation in your Santees name to the value of $10 or more in the interim would be acceptable.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    As long as it gets there, I don't think anyone's going to hold a delay of a few days against you.
    At least I wouldn't.

You probably should just let him or her know so they don't panic.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Still waiting. :|
    Officially, Canada has two more shipping days that Canada Post works: tomorrow, and friday. I hope it gets here soon.

AlphaTwo on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Just get someone to send your santee a pm explaining the situation, I'd doubt they'd ban you if you let them know about whats up.

Hearthjaw on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My gift (as explained through pm) is suppose to arrive tommorow or Friday.

I'm giddy with excitement.

Giddy I say!

Kyougu on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I am still waiting. As is my santee. If it doesn't arrive within the next two days or so I'm gonna send my santee a PM and explain the situation. The shipping seems to be taking forever.

SirUltimos on