As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

British teacher lets students name bear Muhammad, incures wrath

• Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Cut the bullshit.

Understand that certain basic tenets of Islam are entirely incompatible with civilized nations coexisting in peace.

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to disagree with that. At its core christianity and islam are both peaceful and tolerant religions.

Common misconception. The core of both is "do what we say or we'll kill you and you'll suffer forever".

Tube on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You don't get it both ways though Pip. If certain Christians want to use things like "man shouldn't lay with another man like a woman" type stuff to support a view that is against homosexuality and it's from the old testament, then they need to suck a nut and deal with the whole slavery, anti-woman, and crazy stoning shit to. Fair is fair.

Hunter on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Same thing. You have to have a license do drink booze.

Masturbate in the dessert - four years.

Doing push ups near an entrance to a mosque - one year.

Running over a camel - TWELVE YEARS! :O

one time I jerked off in a cake
    lethal injection
    cream filling right into the vein

Faricazy on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm gonna have to disagree with that. At its core christianity and islam are both peaceful and tolerant religions.

Common misconception. The core of both is "do what we say or we'll kill you and you'll suffer forever".

err no

"hell" as is defined in the bible is the absence of God's presence and there is not killing

you just don't get into heaven if you fail to accept jesus

islam is way, way different

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Pastafarianism however teach peace and respect to all who accept his noodly appendage.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hunter wrote: »
    You don't get it both ways though Pip. If certain Christians want to use things like "man shouldn't lay with another man like a woman" type stuff to support a view that is against homosexuality and it's from the old testament, then they need to suck a nut and deal with the whole slavery, anti-woman, and crazy stoning shit to. Fair is fair.

yeah I am not going to argue with this at all

just saying that old testament is about as much "christianity" as the constitution is

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »

err no

"hell" as is defined in the bible is the absence of God's presence and there is not killing

Have you ever read anything in the bible? You don't get to just choose the bits that are nice. God is all about vengeance and terror.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    richard dawkins is a fucking worthless sack of shit who has the logical capacity of an 8 year old

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I love Islam's little self-reassurance on war.

A passage in the Koran reinforces the requirement for total war against all idolatry.

Yet, they warn "take no aggressive action, god hates that shit"

except for Idolators (Read: Anyone who worships another god) those fuckers are KOS.

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007

just saying that old testament is about as much "christianity" as the constitution is

Horse fucking shit.

Tube on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    arod_77 wrote: »
    arod_77 wrote: »
    I never understood why respect for a religion, especially a fucking brutal religion like Islam, should be taken for granted.

No, I dont respect your right to beat your wife because the Koran said it was okay, cocksucker

hey dude, you don't have any idea what you are talking about, do you?

enlighten me then, dipshit. Ive' dealt with enough of this shit through child services here in fucking Florida.

Don't give me this psuedo-fair-minded attitude about (Oh but the Koran doesn't actually encourage killing those who are different than you, those were ink smears!)

Yes I have ready both the bible and the koran

oh hi and thanks for the dipshit comment.

also, the qu'ran doesn't encourage killing people different from you. I'm assuming youa re thinking of Jihad, which in no way means killing people different then you.

there are two jihads, the greater and lesser. the greater is the inner struggle. as in, shit i really wanna eat right now even though im fasting, kind of struggle. THIS is the most imporant struggle for a muslim and it is stressed way more then the lesser jihad. The lesser jihad is the struggle with ones outside environment and is only justifiable if one is being oppressed. as in, fuck these people are killing my people and restricting me from practicing my religion, i better fight back.

like i said earlier, the majority of muslims in the world are not at all like then, adn infact some of the absolute nicest people i have met were muslim. It isn't the religion, it is the dumbfucks in general that we need to get rid of.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    richard dawkins is a fucking worthless sack of shit who has the logical capacity of an 8 year old

No, he's a scientist with a phenomenal analytical mind who happens to also be a douchebag. Being a douchebag doesn't make him any less right.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

err no

Have you ever read anything in the bible? You don't get to just choose the bits that are nice. God is all about vengeance and terror.

except the tone completely changes between old and new testament as a result of jesus's sacrifice

note how no wrath exists in the new testament and christ's teaching preach tolerance and acceptance of others?

but if you want to keep confusing the old and new testaments as the same thing, then go right ahead

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

The first 1/2 of the books is all "MAD GOD IS MAD...ROAR"

The second 1/2 is all "Jesus loves you so be nice and stuff".

The last chapter is a fucking acid trip though. Like monsters and demons tearing shit up. It would make a cool CGI film.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

The last chapter is a fucking acid trip though. Like monsters and demons tearing shit up. It would make a cool CGI film.

left behind is terrible no it would not

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Left Behind isn't the bible...

...though both are pretty stupid

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Let a religion be judged by the motherfuckers who use its teachings as legitimacy and a power base.

Hint: if your state religion leaves plenty of room for interpretation on the many reasons it is okay to kill heathens, I am not going to feel all that sorry for it when it dissapears in the glassed out ruins of your despotic nation.

edit: Pip are you suggesting we are supposed to examine the bible's teachings and laws in terms of a dramatic story-arc?

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    except the tone completely changes between old and new testament as a result of jesus's sacrifice

note how no wrath exists in the new testament and christ's teaching preach tolerance and acceptance of others?

but if you want to keep confusing the old and new testaments as the same thing, then go right ahead

No one is confusing shit, you're just a coward and an apologist. The old testament is just as much a part of Christianity as the new, just airy fairy dicks who don't have the stones to actually follow the religion have made up their own stupid spin off that's all about being nice to kittens and hey guys you don't even have to go to church just try and generally be a super dude.

Give me extremists over that. At least they're living their lives according to a set of consistent ethical principles.

Tube on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Aren't the 10 commandments located directly in the old testament? Those are a pretty big part of christianity.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    nogs, i'm a tolerant guy and i hate to see hate filled lies said around me

but fact of the matter is, despite the misconception of jihad, despite a great number of muslims not taking their religion for granted, there are a LOT, whole COUNTRIES, of ones who do.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited November 2007

I haven't ever read the Bible but, uhhh:
    The books of Matthew, Mark, and Jude tell of a place of fire, while the books of Luke and Revelation report it as an abyss. Also, Revelation 20:10 (NIV) illustrates Hell as a "lake with burning sulfur".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell#Christianity

bongi on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Marathon wrote: »

Aren't the 10 commandments located directly in the old testament? Those are a pretty big part of christianity.

No, they can't be, some of them sound unreasonable and are hard to live by! Jesus just wants you to be his sunshine kitten!

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

man the book of revelation doesn't fit with anything in the new testament, and as prodominetely old jewish overtones, and infact barely even made it into canon. I try and ignore that chapter personally.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    Captain HeavysteinCaptain Heavystein Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am suddenly intrigued by the prospect of becoming a "sunshine kitten".

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    man the book of revelation doesn't fit with anything in the new testament, and as prodominetely old jewish overtones, and infact barely even made it into canon. I try and ignore that chapter personally.

The fact that you're aware of the ludicrous nature of canon just makes me shake my head all the more.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    super sayian kitten?

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The only rule to live by is that the those who can impose their will upon others with use of violence must rule.

And with that, I bid you adieu!

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I was going to joke about naming a certain body part of mine Muhammad but then I realized I don't want to be beheaded with a rusty knife.

Hoz on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Larlar wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    i think we can all agree that everyone in the middle east is a dick.

A collective dick that big will instinctively search out a corresponding monstrous vagina. Quickly, to Salt Lake City. We have to warn them all.
    No we don't.

If they get together, the tidal wave of pussy and weenie juice will kill us all.

But man that's how I want to go

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    you know, ignoring parts of a certain religion kinda makes it into a new religion

on a similar topic, i'm reading the Laws of Manu right now

it's hilarious in that pretty much everything other than the strictest religious practices are forbidden

BUT

pretty much everything can be purified

you kill a brahmin? OH HELLO BOY YO IN TROUBLE you're gonna be a rock in the next life. unless you spin around in a circle three times and do a dance. then you're fine, carry on.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

No, they can't be, some of them sound unreasonable and are hard to live by! Jesus just wants you to be his sunshine kitten!

Also it's ok to cherry pick from the old testament to support things you agree with. All the bad stuff, like children being mauled to death by bears sent by god for teasing a bald guy don't count anymore. But god sure hates fags.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

The fact that you're aware of the ludicrous nature of canon just makes me shake my head all the more.

i said 'personally' at the end dude, i'm not of any set denomination and don't identify myself as such. when reading religious texts for my own personal reasons/benefits i can see things i agree with and things i do not. i do not go around preaching the bible, or say i am christian or part of any other religion. Rather i personally try to take what i feel are good chapters/passages from all the texts that i read and try to live by them.

the sentence before that is pretty much true in every way though.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Picking and choosing what faith based canon you like or don't like sounds like a cop out to me. This isn't a data set to prove a hypothesis where you can toss out a flier who could be a human error, an equipment malfunction, or some other random variable. In faith, it's all or nothing.

Also...Old Jewish overtones? Really? Isn't the whole messiah prophecy chock full of oh, I don't know, Old Jewish overtones?

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If Old Testament god played Mass Effect he would break the renegade meter

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    But who would he pick? Kaiden or Ashley?
    The believer, of course.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Also it's ok to cherry pick from the old testament to support things you agree with. All the bad stuff, like children being mauled to death by bears sent by god for teasing a bald guy don't count anymore. But god sure hates fags.

dudes don't wanna fuck with Elisha man. mother fucker is like a druid all up ins.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    i love the bear mauling part of the bible

i wanna have a little remote and when i press a button a bear appears and mauls someone i hate

yess

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Picking and choosing what faith based canon you like or don't like sounds like a cop out to me. This isn't a data set to prove a hypothesis where you can toss out a flier who could be a human error, an equipment malfunction, or some other random variable. In faith, it's all or nothing.

I feel like i've addressed this in the post above
    Also...Old Jewish overtones? Really? Isn't the whole messiah prophecy chock full of oh, I don't know, Old Jewish overtones?

when compared with a majority of the new testament, specifically the gospels, the book of revelation seems really out of place in its themes, imagery, and message. It doesn't fit very well with the rest of the book, yet if it were placed in the old testament, it would feel much more in place. Wrath isn't a big theme in the new testament, as you yourself pointed out.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited November 2007
    Maybe God changed his mind between the writing of the Old Testament and the New Testament.

bongi on