As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Week's Moments - 12/12/07

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    delphinus wrote: »
    not exactly the epic comic of the century, but FF552. its good to know i can always count on someone to kick the smug shit out of richards.

not gonna spoiler cuz who really reads FF religiously?

cant resist doom
    dude fucked up richards with a portable jungle gym
    Yeah, but the reveal was kind of shit. I was hoping for Doom to be right this time.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    delphinus wrote: »
    not exactly the epic comic of the century, but FF552. its good to know i can always count on someone to kick the smug shit out of richards.

not gonna spoiler cuz who really reads FF religiously?

cant resist doom
    dude fucked up richards with a portable jungle gym
    Yeah, but the reveal was kind of shit. I was hoping for Doom to be right this time.
    omg someone else reads this! yeah i was kinda pissed. hopefully that the future ff4 is a bunch of evil assholes. here's hoping...

delphinus on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Nova was good this week.
    I was afraid something bad was going to happen to Cosmo at the end. Luckily nothing did. <3

I'm nominating Cosmo, the psychic, Russian space dog, for "Best new supporting character."

Me Too! on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The solicits were absolutely right about this issue of Nova. Cosmo is fucking awesome and I hope he shows up later in the series.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    I love the panel where the character does the dramatic turn.

I know it's supposed to reveal that he was paying attention to them, but the art makes it appear to reveal that he's a fucking MICHAEL JACKSON.

Fixed

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    HypertimeHypertime Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    DharmaBum wrote: »
    Who in gods name are they?

Granny Goodness: She's essentially Darkseid's right-hand woman. She has the super-strength that you'd expect from a New God, plus access to all that Apokaliptian technology. Oh, and she's insanely evil. Her big claim to fame is raising and training the Female Furies - essentially crazy-evil bitches working under Granny and Darkseid. So, if she has stolen the power of the Olympian Gods and is posing as Athena to train a bunch of broads ... well, do the math.

Despero: Classic Justice League villain. Think Martian Manhunter, but stronger and with greater psychic powers. He'll mind-control dudes at whim and lay the smackdown on Superman. Usually takes the entire Justice League to bring him down.

Per Degaton: Classic Justice Society villain. Genius, time travelling dude ... limited pre-cognition ... basically, the dude who will kill you as a baby if given the chance.

Ultra-Humanite: Arguably smarter than Lex Luthor, though not as manipulative. He transferred his brain to the body of a super-strong ape, so he can hold his own in a head-on fight.

Hypertime on
    Your mom.
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Boys this week was my D: moment of the month. My expression was exactly like Hughie's right before the last page.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh god, I just read The Walking Dead at work. That last page. NOOOOOOOOOOOO............

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    moment for me: last page of Wonder Gril
    empress and arrowette are there in costume. hopefully they go back to adventuring

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    empress and arrowette are there in costume. hopefully they go back to adventuring

Was George Forman involved in any way?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »

Was George Forman involved in any way?

diamonds on my neck di-diamonds on my wonder gril

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    fucking seriously?

awesome

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    skylinerskyliner Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Boys this week was my D: moment of the month. My expression was exactly like Hughie's right before the last page.

The face in question:
    theboys_013.jpg

skyliner on
  • Options
    skylinerskyliner Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    The solicits were absolutely right about this issue of Nova. Cosmo is fucking awesome and I hope he shows up later in the series.

Oh Cosmo~
    Nova_009.jpg
    Nova_010.jpg

skyliner on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Super powered talking dogs are the corner stone of a healthy childhood.

If you don't believe me read the bible.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I would buy a Cosmo The Talking Space-Dog mini

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Cosmo? Pssh.

Tyrone is so much better.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Although I wasn't too impressed with this week's New Avengers, I kind of liked most of Spider-Man's lines, starting with this page:
    new_avengers.jpg

Not terribly awesome, bad-ass, or hilarious, but it was a bright moment in an otherwise sluggish issue.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    skyliner wrote: »

Oh Cosmo~
    Nova_009.jpg
    Nova_010.jpg

I like the bit where he got the chew toy. For just a moment, he wasn't this human acting dog, he was just a dog. Alves captured that excited look that dogs get pretty well.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Spider-man and Hawkeye are great together with Bendis writing. I look forward to their battle banter every issue.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My not moment of the week was realizing that Astonishing Wolfman by Kirkman really isn't going to get better.

dammit

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I kinda figured that out after issue 2.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Spider-man and Hawkeye are great together with Bendis writing. I look forward to their battle banter every issue.

"Hey guys, I just made Wolverine laugh!"

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    werehippy wrote: »
    My not moment of the week was realizing that Astonishing Wolfman by Kirkman really isn't going to get better.

dammit
    You mean your moment of the weak.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Woe-ment of the week.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    New Comics on my B'Day

Algertman on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Like most have said already, Cosmo needs a mini-series or ongoing asap. That and Green Lantern are my moments of the week. Walking Dead's was all kinds of win as well.

KVW on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    What happened in Walking Dead? Did someone totally unexpected get turned or killed?

wwtMask on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    dropping new warriors after this months issue.

night thrasher is bullshit.

thankfully, this was balanced out by punisher war journal. this is the first time in my life i have actually enjoyed a punisher titles. it was too dark for me to read before with him just shooting the scum of the earth. matt fraction is handling rhino in a very non-chalant fashion, completely rewriting rhino's personality (standard grunt trying to make a living).
    its too bad that rhino cant stick around in the war journals.

i was baited by the previous issues dialogue of:
    "do it old school"
    "OH YEAH!"

but i am completely won over by:
    pwj14dcp0013if2.jpg

i had a good 10 minute laugh. great build up and delivery of that joke.

delphinus on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I was planning on dropping NW and I am.

I hope the sales nose-dive.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    What happened in Walking Dead? Did someone totally unexpected get turned or killed?

It's looking like it, but it happened "off-camera" so it's possible they made it. It's doubtful however.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    smokmnky wrote: »

I love that they brought Hawkeye back and he's giving spider man a run for his money. I can't stand the art on the book, but I love Bendis' writing...
    Algertman wrote: »
    New Comics on my B'Day

Happy B-Day!

It's looking like it, but it happened "off-camera" so it's possible they made it. It's doubtful however.

I haven't read it yet, but isn't this supposed to be the start of that "the next four (or five) books will change the fate of the world" kind of arc? the one they've been advertisting?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I dunno, I liked New Warriors well enough, so I'll keep on going with it. It does need to pick up a bit, though.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm going to keep getting New Warriors for a little bit longer, at least until they knock off the "Who is Thrash" garbage.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Lol! wrote: »
    I'm going to keep getting New Warriors for a little bit longer, at least until they knock off the "Who is Thrash" garbage.

I looked at the last page of the latest issue and I think the question is answered.
    The guy in the wheelchair can actually walk. Also, he's Night Thrasher.

And the book still sucks, so you stop buying it. I never understood why you guys liked the first issue so much.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Anyone else notice a significant difference between the Stacy X in New Warriors and the Stacey X who appeared in Frontline after House of M? It's like comparing Kiera Knightly with a crack whore...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Rick survived the gunshot from last issue with some blood donations from an O-neg donor. Half the prison folks left in the RV including Andrea, the top marksman of the group. Tyrese and Michonne went chasing after the Woodbury army to pick off some stragglers and ended up running into them in the woods. They managed to kill a couple but got captured. Last page shows Tyrese being dragged in to the Governor and when he asks if the girl was with him, they say they blew her fucking brains out when she tried to escape.

Now, it could be a fake out, as it was done off panel, but unless we get a flashback showing it, I'd assume she's alive and coming to kill the Govenator.

KVW on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My MotW:
    Anti-Monitor's D: as he's trapped in the Black Lantern Battery.

Tach on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    From Booster Gold
    Booster has just failed to save Barbara Gordon from being paralyzed by the Joker, almost getting killed in the process.

bg05p03ii5qj3.jpg

From Green Lantern Corps
    Guy Gardner and the rest of the GLC has just saved Earth from the Sinestro Corps. Meanwhile in Times Square former Justice Leaguer Ice, who has recently returned from the dead, is icing over the roads to create a giant skating rink for the kids, when someone touches her on the shoulder.

glc1tj8.jpg

The actual writing for this scene was kind of lackluster, especially after the great setup by Giffen and DeMatteis is ICBITNJL, but damn that's a great image.

The one page dedicated to Isamot was great too.

glc2gj1.png

Just seeing him so completely happy and thankful to be alive was really a powerful moment.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    In that first image. Is that kid peeing on Guy's leg or is he just jerking off?

SatanIsMyMotor on