As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] holds no thrills for me

• Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    i'm talking facebook, yes.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    I eat two-fingered Kit-Kats like I'd eat any other chocolate bars of that size, i.e., without feeling the need to snap them into two individual fingers first. Margret accused me of doing this, 'deliberately to annoy her'.

I'm with Margret. That's the only possible explanation for that behaviour. Except if he's an alien in disguise.

Edit: You guys all eat Kit-Kats properly, right? I don't have to kill any of you from space?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I eat two-fingered Kit-Kats like I'd eat any other chocolate bars of that size, i.e., without feeling the need to snap them into two individual fingers first. Margret accused me of doing this, 'deliberately to annoy her'.

I'm with Margret. That's the only possible explanation for that behaviour. Except if he's an alien in disguise.

Edit: You guys all eat Kit-Kats properly, right? I don't have to kill any of you from space?

I just eat them like a candybar. Screw breaking them apart, I want my candy now.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I've never had one, but I assure you that should I, I will take the utmost care to ingest it in the pre-ordained manner.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    SUNRISE IN 25 MINUTES

time to try to get some sleep

FYI WoWGuy is with family in New Hampshire until December 28th (two days before my birthday) so I can't meet him until then at the soonest anyway hah

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

I just eat them like a candybar. Screw breaking them apart, I want my candy now.

Oh I didn't mean you.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Oh I didn't mean you.

Ouch.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I fixed the chair!

I lost a fair amount of blood in the process!

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I fixed the chair!

:^:

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I fixed the chair!

A ritual sacrifice was needed.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Also, should I ever again give "asking someone out" advice, feel free to kick me in the nads.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Also, should I ever again give "asking someone out" advice, feel free to kick me in the nads.
    Noted.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Good.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Why not?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Why not?

Meh, I just botched a rather perfect opportunity to ask someone I'm interested in out.
    How you ask?
    By forgetting to ask! Seriously, I think back and I don't know what the hell happened.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Why not?

Buying RAM together is really not good dating advice.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Meh, I just botched a rather perfect opportunity to ask someone I'm interested in out.
    How you ask?
    By forgetting to ask! Seriously, I think back and I don't know what the hell happened.
    Can't you go back to her/call her later/anything?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Why not?

How you ask?

Well, you could call them and tell them that. There's a solid probability that they'll think it's cute and you'll still be in. That shit tends to work for people who aren't me.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I am not VC and I can assure you that that might work on me.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Nah, I don't think I'm "out", I'm just kicking myself a bit. And no, I can't call her, cause I don't have her private number. I have to wait till next year. Grrrr...

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh it would work on me if a girl I liked used it. I'm just saying it wouldn't work in reverse.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh god, the toy thread. I really would like to know the evolutionary process that ends with "boys like guns, girls like pink horsies!"

Elendil on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    Thinatos wrote: »
    Seriously, Loren, that's the best book you've ever read? Have you ever taken any Game Theory courses?
    Sure. I took poli-sci stuff for four years.

Are you seriously just going by the synopses on the site? Read some of Wright's articles.
    I wasn't trying to, like, be a dick; I was just wondering if it was, like, Game Theory for Dummies, or if the guy actually had something new and interesting to say that would be something someone with a background in Game Theory would be interested in.

I think he makes the mistake of selling the game theory part of his book so hard. It's integral to his argument, but it uses the concepts of game theory, it doesn't try to educate on them (er: the basics) per se, but for a paragraph in the beginning and a couple of pages in the notes for curious people who don't know what he's talking about.

It's not really a "dummies" book, but it's a remarkably easy read.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    Oh god, the toy thread. I really would like to know the evolutionary process that ends with "boys like guns, girls like pink horsies!"

everybody knows that cavemen were packing and that the horse and flamingo had a common ancestor whose populations were widespread in the early holocene. what are you, stupid?

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Robert Wright is a huge proponent of evolutionary psychology, I should add.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    DAMN IT

I went to put some more cereal in my bowl and when I came back, my cat was drinking the rest of my milk. Thief!

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Gonna go get drunk. I've been fasting all day for this moment.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    The Cat wrote: »

everybody knows that cavemen were packing and that the horse and flamingo had a common ancestor whose populations were widespread in the early holocene. what are you, stupid?

That ancestor was also only visible to women. You see that little arm on the second X contains the genes that allow human-like creatures such as women to see in the infra-pink spectrum of light.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Guys, I have a problem. I'm addicted to absurdity. Are there meetings I can go to or something?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Guys, I have a problem. I'm addicted to absurdity. Are there meetings I can go to or something?
    There's going to be a fascinating boulder-pushing seminar next week in Tennessee.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    There's going to be a fascinating boulder-pushing seminar next week in Tennessee.

What the fuck? Why would I want to go to Tennessee if I'm aiming to get less broken in the head?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

What the fuck? Why would I want to go to Tennessee if I'm aiming to get less broken in the head?
    Well fine then Mr. I-clearly-don't-actually-want-help-with-my-problem.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Don't be so absurd, VC. Addicted to absurdity. Psh

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    PC has arrived, now I need to copy all data from my old PC to the new one. Lets see....what thingie was the HD again? :P
    Don't worry, I know what I'm doing

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    :whistle:Hold your head up high,
    Cuz tomorrow you may die,
    Cuz no one's safe around here.
    No one's safe around here.
    Stand your ground,
    Till you're the last one in town.
    :whistle:

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    PC has arrived, now I need to copy all data from my old PC to the new one. Lets see....what thingie was the HD again? :P
    Don't worry, I know what I'm doing

Build your own, Aldo, or off the shelf?

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Once again, woohoo, because it is Friday. Better yet, I'm on break after today until like the 2nd.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sup bitches

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    dyna was the only one to see my absolutely amazing death in TF2 last night.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    picked the parts myself and got a local shop to put it together.

Rest assured, it was cheaper this way.

Aldo on
This discussion has been closed.