As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Phallastar Phallactica - Game Over: Colonial Fleet Wins!

• Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    !vote Gorilla Salad

Day 1 Hunch!

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Kin33, are you a cylon?

I know you've said you were, but I just assumed that was a joke, but now that there's a bandwagon I want to know what you have to say.

If you aren't, why are you campaigning for the red vote?

Seriously on
  • Options
    Kin33Kin33 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Seriously wrote: »
    Kin33, are you a cylon?

I know you've said you were, but I just assumed that was a joke, but now that there's a bandwagon I want to know what you have to say.

Because I'm a jester.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Are the medics going to know where the other medics are? Because otherwise thats not going to work.

And I'm not asking you to explain how they will know to us, if they in fact will and you in fact do. Just making sure theres not a hole in your plan before i roll my 10 sided die.

No, I don't have any knowledge of any player's role. I don't even know who might be networked. Yes, there is a chance that this plan will not work at all. I'm still catching up with things and trying to formulate a bigger picture. El Skid had some good ideas in Post 711, so I'm thinking about things along those lines as well at the moment. But what I outlined above, I will admit, are my first thoughts - not necessarily the best idea, but that is just where my priorities lie at the moment.

Hopefully I come up with something later tonight that will give us the tightest security possible.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Seriously wrote: »
    Kin33, are you a cylon?

There are a number of possibilities.

A) He has decided he no longer wants to play since he doesn't like his role.
    B) He has some sort of condition that is met by dying on Day 1.
    C) He has the ability to redirect a bandwagon from himself to someone else.

I am currently leaning more towards option B, simply because if it is true, it will likely be very bad for the fleet. The other two options don't appear to be sufficient enough to reveal Cylon allegiance so early in the game. Since I have no intention of helping a possibly suicidal Cylon blow up our ships, I will abstain from voting for Kin for the remainder of the day.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Good evening all. Intel says that we are not in any immediate threat of attack, which gives us time to reorganize and prepare. I would like at least one medic onboard each of the military ships Phallactica, Pegasus, and Adriatic. Since just having the medics move would give things away, I would like a random assortment of people also transfer to these ships - roll a 10-sided die and if you get a 9 or a 10, please consider also transferring to throw off the Cylons. I would also like two people to transfer from Daru Mozu to Rising Star and Olympic Carrier to make the most use of our civilian ships. This plan of action may be changed pending some clarifications...

1. Are the military ships' effectivenesses affected by the number of people aboard them? What about the other ships in the fleet (Research, Industrial, Civilian)?

2. For the Admiral and Presidential votes, how to abstained votes count? Are they not counted in the final tally as for anyone, or are they counted as toward the incumbent players?

Gumpy is all ready moving off the Daru Mozu. I can go over to the Rising Star if I'm promoted to captian and get a nifty hat.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Good evening all. Intel says that we are not in any immediate threat of attack, which gives us time to reorganize and prepare. I would like at least one medic onboard each of the military ships Phallactica, Pegasus, and Adriatic. Since just having the medics move would give things away, I would like a random assortment of people also transfer to these ships - roll a 10-sided die and if you get a 9 or a 10, please consider also transferring to throw off the Cylons. I would also like two people to transfer from Daru Mozu to Rising Star and Olympic Carrier to make the most use of our civilian ships. This plan of action may be changed pending some clarifications...

1. Are the military ships' effectivenesses affected by the number of people aboard them? What about the other ships in the fleet (Research, Industrial, Civilian)?

2. For the Admiral and Presidential votes, how to abstained votes count? Are they not counted in the final tally as for anyone, or are they counted as toward the incumbent players?

Gumpy is all ready moving off the Daru Mozu. I can go over to the Rising Star if I'm promoted to captian and get a nifty hat.

You'll probably have to take that up with Varcayn, though I don't believe he has claimed leadership over the vessel. Best to make your claim while the getting is good, as they say.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »

You'll probably have to take that up with Varcayn, though I don't believe he has claimed leadership over the vessel. Best to make your claim while the getting is good, as they say.

Despite the comfort of this obnoxiously large hat I'm currently wearing, I welcome Toxic as my replacement on the Rising Star, as I plan to leave tonight for another ship.

And Kin33 seems like the obvious choice for now.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Cheating at The World Ends With You. How does that make everyone feel? I got my pals DS and we keep entering and exiting mingle mode to get MPP. Then I'm going to manipulate the date to get oodles of SDPP.

Is got lots of high level evolved pins now.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    Shut up Kin!

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    Shut up Kin!

He's trying to provoke you, President. And succeeding, I might add.

Consider why.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I hold all the cards! All this man has succeeded in is to annoy the shit out of me!

We can smoke in space, right?

Obbi on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Shut up Kin!
    Stop acting so unpresidential! You should have lackeys that tell people to shut up for you!

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    !vote Gorilla Salad

Day 1 Hunch!
    What? Are you afraid of me? Of my tremendous battle record? Don't be ashamed. Many our jealous.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I would imagine there are smoking areas somewhere on board. The ventilation system would probably take in the smoky air and recycle it.

Besides, as President, I believe you in fact make the rules, especially on your own ship.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    What's the point in being president if I can't tell people to kiss my ass?!

Obbi on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Gentlemen, and ladies, let's think things through. As new commander of the Cloud 9 (and by the gods, I will command the shit out of this ship, since I was unable to take control of the fleet), I would like to speak with you rationally.

You say that one of my crewmen, Kin33, is under suspicion of being a murderous Cylon. And he very well may be.

However, let us not forget the lessons taught to us of old. Recall, many times there has been a goal to, in fact, die on the first day. Unless another reason can be readily supplied for Kin's rather overt outbursts, as well as the fact that he in no way attempts to dissuade you from voting for him, perhaps we should consider this a viable possibility.

This makes a lot of sense to me. I vote DevoutlyApathetic who is always evil.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Varcayn wrote: »

Despite the comfort of this obnoxiously large hat I'm currently wearing, I welcome Toxic as my replacement on the Rising Star, as I plan to leave tonight for another ship.

And Kin33 seems like the obvious choice for now.
    I think the goal was to have like 2 people on a ship. Please don't bail - I don't want to be captain. And I will be lonely :(

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited April 2008

TWEWY is a really great game.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

id2.jpg

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hey all, I'm back.

I have no problem voting !Kin33. The man has got a crazy grudge against me, though, which means that if his campaigning for death might simply be so that he can redirect the vote, I'm probably going to be the one who eats it...

Um, on second thought, would it be possible for our presumed Vig to take care of Kin while we vote for someone else? :P

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Kin33 wrote: »

TWEWY is a really great game.

it's got a weird enough title to be intriguing, I'll give you that. Especially considering in Japan it's "It's a wonderful world" instead.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hey all, I'm back.

I have no problem voting !Kin33. The man has got a crazy grudge against me, though, which means that if his campaigning for death is simply so that he can redirect a vote, I'm probably going to be the one who eats it...

Um, on second thought, would it be possible for our presumed Vig to take care of Kin while we vote for someone else? :P

I don't think we need to worry about a vote redirection as much as some sort of suicidal explosion. A simple vote redirect would not warrant revealing oneself as a Cylon on day 1.

RU's vig idea does have some merit, however, so perhaps we should begin considering a secondary candidate for the vote. Though I'm not a Kin33 dying in any way on Day 1, just in case.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I have decided

kin33 should be treated as an outed bad guy and ignored

Seriously on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

id2.jpg

Pure win. <3 some president Camacho.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

id2.jpg

Is that from Idiotocracy?

Maximus on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeppers

Seriously on
  • Options
    ArkasArkas Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man, don't everybody hop on the Rising Sun.

I put in for a transfer hours before Admiral B said anything, thought it'd be all scenic. Now it's turning into Disneyland.

Toxic! You, me, paper rock scissors for the hat. Go.

Arkas on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    !Kin33 , why did you have to out yourself? Did you and spaik make a suicide pact?

Egos on
  • Options
    spaikspaik Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    first daily post

spaik on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    second daily post

spaik on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    !tehspectre
    !tehspectre

rng !obbi

spaik on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You know what, screw spaik, he's inacti... oh wait, never mind.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Alright, I've had my fun. Just started as a joke and for some reason people took it seriously. I imagine if someone did the same thing, someone more popular, they wouldn't have been bandwagoned. In fact, I know they wouldn't have(I'm referring to the original obvious joke posts).

Anyways, keep bandwagoning me. Once I realized you would take any reason to bandwagon me I ran with it. So, gg guys. I'll see you next phalla where I'll be hated and bandwagoned day 1 again for having fun.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Actually, speaking of inactives, I'm going to throw a vote out there for !Maximus. This guy continuously signs up for phallas, but has he ever been active? Has he ever contributed anything to these games? I saw we cull him now if we're looking for someone other than Kin to kill.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Actually, speaking of inactives, I'm going to throw a vote out there for !Maximus. This guy continuously signs up for phallas, but has he ever been active? Has he ever contributed anything to these games? I saw we cull him now if we're looking for someone other than Kin to kill.

Common evil tactic.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I imagine if someone did the same thing, someone more popular, they wouldn't have been bandwagoned.

Nah I think if anyone said it and went with it for more than one post they would get bw'd on day 1.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    !Kin33 , why did you have to out yourself? Did you and spaik make a suicide pact?

Why must you believe that my entire crew is a bunch of suicidal psychotics?

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    !retract Kin33
    !vote Spaik

If you dare to use the RNG, prepare for the consequences!

Also I say we leave Maximus alone. Maybe we can get wook in here to replace him, that's always fun.

also !vote Mr. Blarney and !vote Obbi for preservation.

wish ol' Bliss would get on. Where the hell is he anyway? His Time Zone is wack.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Common evil tactic.

What is, trying to kill inactives? No, I just hate inactives, I don't think that's a secret. People always tell me that voting inactives is a bad idea, but it's day one, and aside from you "jokingly" asking for the vote, there's never any good reason to vote for anyone, so why not just kill those who don't contribute, since we have to kill someone?

Romantic Undead on