As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlestar Galactica: Now containing un[spoiler]'d [spoiler]s. (Check OP for info.)

• Options
    ThaumaturgistThaumaturgist Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sort of unrelated, but:
    005.JPG

He was in town tonight and the guy on the far left's girlfriend is friends with him.

Thaumaturgist on
    XBL: Abiff PSN: Thaumaturgist
    http://www.suboptimist.com
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2008
    THIS IS THE LAST OF 2008?

God wtf. We had to wait a fucking year for this shit to happen, and now we have to wait another fucking year for it to finish? This half seasons every year shit is pissing me off.

Not only this, but Kyle XY.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Y'all should direct at least half that anger to the writer strike. That put a damper on everything.

The other half naturally to the producers for not just throwing them out as soon as they're done and forcing us to wait. I mean... what was the point of that week long break we just had then?

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The scenes with
    Roslin and Baltar were so adorable. Seriously that was very touching on both parties.

Greeper on
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Rygar wrote: »
    THIS IS THE LAST OF 2008?

No, I think there's an episode next week, and then it breaks.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Speaking of the scenes with Baltar and Roslin, did anyone find this episode more humorous than others? The writing felt different, with certain scenes approaching comic relief.

I'm not complaining, as I thought it was cute, but it did seem different.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    LavaKnight wrote: »
    Speaking of the scenes with Baltar and Roslin, did anyone find this episode more humorous than others? The writing felt different, with certain scenes approaching comic relief.

It seemed to me that a lot of it was because of Baltar. Without his harem and in the presence of the president he's regressing a little in attitude, he can't help but be confrontational and he resorts to his funny side.

OR SO IT SEEMS.

Greeper on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I really enjoyed
    the scenes between Baltar and the centurion. I half expected him to inadvertently trigger a rebellion. Also, Lucy Lawless was definitely channeling some Xena there. "Permanent death? Oh good, that'll make this more meaningful." *CHOKE*

EDIT: Sorry guys, I'm usually pretty conservative with spoilers, but I guess I wasn't thinking this time. And I never watch the previews, so I didn't know that what I originally spoiled had already been revealed.

Cantide on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Cantide wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the scenes between Baltar and the centurion. I half expected him to inadvertently trigger a rebellion. Also, Lucy Lawless was definitely channeling some Xena there. "Permanent death? Oh good, that'll make this more meaningful." *CHOKE*

Um, those spoilers should be reversed, being that one was in the preview and the other wasn't.

Edit: fixed, at least on my end.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I dare say all of what Cantide wrote could have been spoilered for those of us who haven't seen it yet. Dudes, please.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I can't help but wonder if Baltars little talk with the Centurion might have more an affect later on than we realize. Then again maybe not.

About time they said they loved each other.

The Rebel Cylons being betrayed? Yeah they're going to take that nicely I bet right...especially when it's their freaking ship everyone is on.

Baltar confessed to what he did, even if she saved him keeping that secret is going to be huge if she goes in that direction.

Cade on
  • Options
    MutePrezMutePrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Cade wrote: »
    I can't help but wonder if Baltars little talk with the Centurion might have more an affect later on than we realize. Then again maybe not.

About time they said they loved each other.

The Rebel Cylons being betrayed? Yeah they're going to take that nicely I bet right...especially when it's their freaking ship everyone is on.

Baltar confessed to what he did, even if she saved him keeping that secret is going to be huge if she goes in that direction.

re:roslin
    Who would believe her other than a few people if she spilled the beans on Baltar? She's the only one who heard the confession, and it would be her word against his. In light of his revealing she's sharing visions with cylons it would look like she's just making petty counter-accusations. Everyone knows they don't get along...though she did save his life. I really want to see how this all unfolds

MutePrez on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Greeper wrote: »
    LavaKnight wrote: »

It seemed to me that a lot of it was because of Baltar. Without his harem and in the presence of the president he's regressing a little in attitude, he can't help but be confrontational and he resorts to his funny side.

OR SO IT SEEMS.
    Also: former Buffy writers.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh yeah something I was thinking--
    Boomer to become the new leader of the "bad" cylons?

Kind of wondered why she is still sticking around and now the alpha cavil is dead, but not all them can be.

Ultrachrist on
    ultrachrist2.png
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Regarding some of Baltar's scenes:
    I'm wondering what the point was with the speech to the centurion. I mean, it was kind of funny seeing him squirm uncomfortably while trying to spread the Baltar gospel to this machine, but other than that, why did it get so much screen time? The Hub was destroyed before the centurion was destroyed and Baltar was injured, so it's unlikely he was resurrected. If he would have been resurrected and then spread Baltar's message to the other Centurions (basically creating a mechanized army loyal to Baltar), that would have been one thing. But now that the hub was destroyed, all those scenes seem kind of wasted.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    PatLaschPatLasch Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Re: Baltar
    Baltar's conversation with the Centurion could have been put there to make him more sympathetic. Maybe to show that he was serious about his god-kick. More Saul of Tarsus than Anton LaVey

PatLasch on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I'm wondering what the point was with the speech to the centurion. I mean, it was kind of funny seeing him squirm uncomfortably while trying to spread the Baltar gospel to this machine, but other than that, why did it get so much screen time? The Hub was destroyed before the centurion was destroyed and Baltar was injured, so it's unlikely he was resurrected. If he would have been resurrected and then spread Baltar's message to the other Centurions (basically creating a mechanized army loyal to Baltar), that would have been one thing. But now that the hub was destroyed, all those scenes seem kind of wasted.
    It was at least in part to mask the fact that he was about to get his belly ripped open. If he'd been standing around and grimacing/cowering during the fight if bad things happened it'd be less shocking than when he was somewhat humorously trying to convert a toaster.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The fact that the preaching was interspaced with the huge, epic space battle seems to imply it was somewhat important. Maybe because it lead up to the explosion, showing him preaching until he died, his "final moments." Or maybe because the centurion will resurrect. Who knows how their resurrection process works; they're not biological as the skinjobs. Maybe they'll salvage his harddrive, hook it up to a central database that will spread his new religious ideas to every centurion on the ship.

Great episode. Well paced, well written, well everything. Except that one moment with D'Anna; you know the one I'm talking about. It was like a slap in the face.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Dude, that moment rocked.
    D'anna has basically decided to be a total bitch because fuck all of you. It's hilarious to watch.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey. A good episode! Since one good episode of BSG is worth at least 9 episodes of normal television, I guess this one cancels out the rest of the seasons weird go-nowhere do-nothing pointlessness.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just watched it and the preview for next. Thank God (cylon god?) for Tivo. I'm just going to say...

OH MY GOD BATTLESTAR GALACTICA!11!

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    D'anna has basically decided to be a total bitch because fuck all of you. It's hilarious to watch.
    Yes, but I desperately wanted to know. Dangling a carrot in front of the audience and pulling away at the last second is bullshit. It's cheap. It's just painful. It's jus- It's... I REALLY WANT TO KNOW!!

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Yes, but I desperately wanted to know. Dangling a carrot in front of the audience and pulling away at the last second is bullshit. It's cheap. It's just painful. It's jus- It's... I REALLY WANT TO KNOW!!
    I thought it was great, since the first part was also in the trailer for the episode. My thoughts went like this: FUCK YOU FOR PUTTING THAT IN THE.... oh, lol!

Tomanta on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    God damn that was awesome.
    Baltar talking to the centurion was great.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I suspect you'll have your answer next week but I don't know anything special and refuse to watch spoiler...I mean trailers.

Come on....Gaeta!

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I suspect you'll have your answer next week but I don't know anything special and refuse to watch spoiler...I mean trailers.

Come on....Gaeta!
    They better, because if they don't... I'm going to write a very angry email.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Come on....Gaeta!

God I hope they do my idea for Gaeta
    There must be someway out of here, said the joker to the thief...*roll credits*

Then again the end of X-men 3 almost made me the retarded fuckbunny of that movie's producers just because I love stuff like that while simultaneously hating it.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Come on....Gaeta!

God I hope they do my idea for Gaeta
    There must be someway out of here, said the joker to the thief...*roll credits*

Then again the end of X-men 3 almost made me the retarded fuckbunny of that movie's producers just because I love stuff like that while simultaneously hating it.

X3 spoilers?
    Do you mean the Magneto bit or the after-credits scene? I didn't even know there was one until I just googled it. The producers already lost me the very first scene when they killed off Scott without a good reason, not to mention the horrible pacing and plot development. I just wanted to get out of that theater and throw up somewhere.

[Edit] But yeah, that would be a cool reveal. As long as we get one, one we can be relatively certain of.
    Oh no, what if Gaeta claims next season to have heard that song on the Twelve Colonies?

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    yeah, that episode was particularly awesome
    Besides, if you had thought that dying-from-cancer-president-of-the-fleet Laura was the final cylon, well, then whatever. The payoff for me was more Laura giving into the relationship Bill started without her prior knowledge.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    no more until 2009...

Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me?!?

They actually pulled that shit?

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    No. The next episode will be next week, June 13th, according to the preview (next week on Battlestar Galactica) and the website, which has it named "revelations."

After that I have no idea, but at least we get next week. We probably get a huge cliffhanger if the series does break then, I imagine.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey guys, remember that "tortuous" two-month wait between Pegasus and Ressurection Ship pt 1?

lol

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Man I half wish that nobody tuned into the premier just to show them how fucking stupid this is.

.....except me. I'm sure they won't notice just me watching.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Nearly perfect.

Still very unclear on the point of the
    ha-ha, I'm watching myself die, and talking about it as if it already happened
    scenes.

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Tamin wrote: »
    Nearly perfect.

Still very unclear on the point of the
    ha-ha, I'm watching myself die, and talking about it as if it already happened
    scenes.
    They directly influenced Roslin's actions towards the critically injured Baltar.

You're right, the theory behind them is a little strange, but they did do something pretty important.

Question re: that last scene:
    Did she see the voodoo lady when they weren't jumping, too? It looked like Roslin was talking with her in a non-dream state in the final scene in the room with the hybrid

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fair enough.

No, I don't think so. Though, if she did...
    Another Avatar, I'd imagine. Head Voodoo Lady, meet Head Six/Baltar.

Also, near the end, when Husker is looking through the Raptor's windshield, you can see
    Orion
    again. Why they keep using that specific one, I dunno.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So great

"I just opened myself up to it on a spiritual level."

"JUMP!"

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Tamin wrote: »
    Also, near the end, when Husker is looking through the Raptor's windshield, you can see
    Orion
    again. Why they keep using that specific one, I dunno.
    Orion what? the constellation or is that the ships name?

if its the ships name its because they only have one physical raptor to film in, so they reuse it over and over

ronzo on
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey guys, remember that "tortuous" two-month wait between Pegasus and Ressurection Ship pt 1?

lol

I nearly died when I found out that I had to wait 2 months between Pegasus and Resurrection Ship. Then I had a heart attack when I found out how long I had to wait for Season 3. After the wait between Season 3 and Season 4, though, I can honestly say that I didn't care what happened to BSG. The wait so just sooooo long that I had time to forget about how awesome the show was.

What they are doing now is just beyond stupid. I mean, it doesn't take you 9 months to do post production on episodes that have already wrapped principle photography months ago as it is. They are just being greedy and stupid.

That being said, we can look forward to Caprica (hopefully) airing in the fall, so that will help keep people interested.

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Wait... I'm confused. Are they breaking until 2009 after the next episode, or are you people just joking about it? Either one induces rage, but only one to murderous levels.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
This discussion has been closed.