As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E - OOC] Silent Horizon

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So, uh, is on time an hour early or the regular 9pm?

Goose! on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The usual time unless everyone wants to do it at another time. I'm here one way or another.

I may have to send someone the map and have them host, however. I'm sort of on some random WiFi unless my cousin shows up so I can get his password and such.

---

So, who wants to host? :P

I'm grabbing some food before the game, but whoever wants to run the server tonight speak up and I'll throw you the map file when I get back. I expect a final event to take up a good chunk of the evening, and after that I expect RP and narration and shopping and such to take up the rest of the session.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I can't host unless I go on my laptop, and I didn't wanna play on my laptop.

But I can host on my laptop and then connect via my desktop. So there's that.

Goose! on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    I can't host unless I go on my laptop, and I didn't wanna play on my laptop.

But I can host on my laptop and then connect via my desktop. So there's that.

Sounds like a plan, cause sometimes my internet seems spotty.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm having issues setting my static ip so I might not be able to host.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I keep trying to set the default gateway and it says its not on the same network segment (subnet) that is definied by the UP address and subnet mask.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    GOT IT

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Get on aim and IM me for info.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Maserati Andrast, Eladrin Rogue
    Init +7 HP 28/28 Bloodied 14 Healing Surge 7 (0 used /7)
    AC 17 Fort 13 Reflex 17 Will 14 Speed 6
    Str 14 (+3) Con 11 (+1) Dex 18 (+5) Int 10 (+1) Wis 12 (+2) Cha 14 (+3)
    'Piercing Strike', 'Sly Flourish', 'Fey Step', 'Torturous Strike', 'Trick Strike', 'Fleeting Ghost'
    Notes

Level 2 stat block ftw :D

Does speed increase by half level, too?

Wait a second, screw great leap. The most I can move at this level with great leap is 5.6.

So yeah, now that I've read into it, I am taking fleeting ghost.

Also then, therefore, I am instead of changing my skill, changing my power.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Also then, therefore, I am instead of changing my skill, changing my power.

You can be the guy who goes "Oh man, it's a Flesh Circus guy, this one is known for his ravening jaws and icey fingers!"

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hahah. Be the walking Pokedex of the group, you mean :P I am the scout after all.

HEY! Is anyone keeping track of my backs stabbed in? POKE!

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Updated character sheet:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=59203

I think I got everything. Swapped my daily for Villain's menace to help with accuracy issues. Picked up boundless endurance for tanky goodness. Picked up sneak of shadows as my feat to MC rogue and added the weapons I bought in the IC thread.

Good times.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Hahah. Be the walking Pokedex of the group, you mean :P I am the scout after all.

HEY! Is anyone keeping track of my backs stabbed in? POKE!
    You're only the scout in some environments, not all of them. Of course, I have no real objection with you leading the way anyway, so long as you keep your goddamn mouth shut. :P

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Updated character sheet:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=59203

I think I got everything. Swapped my daily for Villain's menace to help with accuracy issues. Picked up boundless endurance for tanky goodness. Picked up sneak of shadows as my feat to MC rogue and added the weapons I bought in the IC thread.

Good times.

Hope you have a light blade to sneak attack with.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Did you miss the short sword and the dagger?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Fighters don't start with rapier prof?

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Nope. No one does.

Fighters start with all martial and simple weapons, both melee and ranged though.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    hey guys so we have a +1 to all our ability score modifiers thanks to being 2nd level?

Wow. Does that effect stuff like # of Healing Surges per Day?

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Nope.

basically we just have an additional +1 to all of our d20 rolls.

If you set your level to 2 in myth-weaver it will do all the math for you.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Incenj, could you possibly make the OP much more comprehensive with the player names /AIM names/ character race and class (if you don't have a link to a sheet handy, I mean)? It would facilitate the between-session roleplaying a bit, and I still don't know some of the generic information like everyone's race/class. :)

Also, my sheet is at http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=74959 . :D

EDIT:

Oboro
    AIM: lungsungherofish
    Character: Elisaan'hae (Elisaan, spoken)
    Race: Eladrin
    Class: Ranger

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Inquistor
    Aim: InquisitorDnD
    Character: Finwe
    Race: Elf
    Class: Fighter

If you ever want to do some IC RP dialogue over aim or something just PM me.

Also I should get around to filling out the details of my character sheet like looks and stuff.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    okay I didn't thinks so, thanks.

GREEPER
    Aim: VansTenthHero
    Character: Lekiun Shortsight
    Race: Tiefling
    Class: Wizard

here's my level 2 me: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=58435

Okay, featwise I got Linguist. Powerwise I got shield and feather fall. You know, for our inevitable climatic battle on top of a mountain or something. I switched out Melf's Acid Arrow (cause I was using THAT so much ><) for sleep, on the realization that all my attacks are vs. ref, and sleeps vs. will, and the guys we've been facing haven't been the smartest peas around.

that's everything I think.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Finwe always thinking (about cybering) ;-)

Anyway how do you have 3 feats Oboro?

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Goose!
    AIM: g0oseyourself
    Character: Maserati Andrast
    Race: Eladrin
    Class: Rogue
    Sheet http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=59531

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Finwe always thinking (about cybering) ;-)

Anyway how do you have 3 feats Oboro?

Rangers get an extra feat based on what focus they pick at creation. She picked range focus and thus got defensive mobility.

Oh god that was all off the top of my head what have I become.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    BTW Juke what was in the potion vial?

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    BTW Juke what was in the potion vial?

Potion.

Of healin'.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »

It appears to be, like, locked.

Also you have a bronze Thunderburst Throwing Hammer +1.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Page edit'd for public access.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »

It appears to be, like, locked.

Also you have a bronze Thunderburst Throwing Hammer +1.

Also, what is the result of my streetwise check in the IC thread?

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    booooo, you call that a streetwise check?

you should be elaborating on your method and your whodunnits

tsk, tsk

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ah, the classic clash of roleplayer versus rollplayer.

Also jewcar i'd love if you'd post in the IC thread so i could continue shopping.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I was going to go into all of that, but I got lazy and had a stomach ache this morning, so let me be.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The faster we get on Vent the faster our group'll start moving. I came in at the tail end of a session yesterday that uses Vent. They got through 2 encounters and slew of other stuff. Also macros. The newest maptool looks pretty awesome.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Ah, the classic clash of roleplayer versus rollplayer.

Also jewcar i'd love if you'd post in the IC thread so i could continue shopping.

IC thread is intended so you guys can do things that don't require me. :P I'll try to get to it before Sunday but I spend most of my game-oriented time working on the adventures themselves. I don't use pre-fab stuff and I haven't had a chance to hunt down all the best time-saving stuff, so it takes me a fair amount of time to actually get things put together.

Anyways:

1) There are no hawt deals in town on weaponry. If you want a good deal on bricks or fish, that's another matter. Hunting for bargains is really best left to extreme purchases, not shaving a copper or two. :P

2) I'll post something more specific on it, but for the sake of expediency, yes, you manage to purchase a glaive from the House people, for the standard price+unnverving people a bit as you walk in town. On the plus side, it comes with a nice black velvet blade cover.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Thank you jeeeewcar!

<3

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Anyways, I've been working on some encounter ideas. Here's the thing: I want to open things up slightly as we move along, so that what you guys want to do actually matters more.

The current situation is this:

* Lady Aken-Shi of the House of the Distant Shore from the Floating Empire has The First Bell, and is keeping your pet kobolds in the capable hands of some kind of teleporting shadow caster.

* They very obviously are going to set you up for another dungeon, but it will take some time.

* People are still occassionally having their throats slashed open and killed or their voices safely removed via surgery.

* You have yet to encounter the Silent Ones yourselves, but you know they: wear robes, are working with the Flesh Circus (mutant dudes), have access to fleshweaver rituals, have access to monster summoning, use telepathy, are humanoid, etc.

* This whole debacle appears to be based around Pelor, Melora, The Silent God, and whatever the black skull represents. Divine forces are concerned enough with the current events to have lent aid.

* You are rested and provisioned and at a fairly comfortable inn which is largely empty due to tourism going to absolute hell due to the occassional death or late night surgery.

Do you guys have any idea where YOU want to go or what YOU want to do with the current situation?

I have my own plans, but it isn't my intent to railroad you through the whole thing.

--

Also: I got bored and mapped out the inn/tavern you kids are staying at. It even has a nice little patio area so you can enjoy your bistro-style squid steak sandwiches or whatever out in the breeze.

Aaaand.. apparently trying to drag it onto maptools erased it entirely and permanently. :(

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Elisaan has a bit of a divine fetish, she'll pursue any divine-linked lead before anything else. Aside from that, she has a fascination with the aesthetics of the Floating Empire and [probably for selfish reasons in the end] wouldn't mind bettering her relations with them/their surrogates.

Elisaan is also a bit uneasy simply sitting around, and will honestly jump on any lead offered. If the party were to collectively turn something down, she would honestly pursue it on her lonesome -- she adventures with the group so long as the group is adventuring. If something rears its head as a possibility, however minor or unrelated, she's going to try to push everyone into it.

She herself, though, is only so vaguely involved with the main campaign arc that she has no personal ideas on how to pursue it, and if left to her own devices would choose with equal readiness a non-campaign adventure.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Finwe is restless by nature, so he won't want to stay in the city doing nothing for long either.

People are still having their throat slit occasionally in town? If so, we should probably try to set up some kind of trap or watch team and put an end to that.

I'm also interesting in investigating the flesh circus further.

He's also interested in just making some gold, but that's just because he's broke.

My character is rather not interesting in the religious aspects of this particular scenario though.

Inquisitor on