Options

[MiniPhalla] Thief of Time Discphalla, GAME OVER: Apocralypse Now

• Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This one agrees with the plan of tying up the meat-being. This would, by this one's calculations, make it more likely he would land on his head. This often leads to death in meat-beings, and would thus reduce his ability to create discord.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    We have seen that people that push for a 2nd place are most likely against us. This one does not like this sudden push to keep the fleshy one Oatway out of harms way.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    [size=+1]This one suggest that if you post details from the book you spoiler them and label them as such![/size]

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    We have seen that people that push for a 2nd place are most likely against us. This one does not like this sudden push to keep the fleshy one Oatway out of harms way.

Do you believe Oatway has too few votes? Minor vote counts on second place holders will do little but benefit us. Any last minute pushes will reveal much to us, and as such, are unlikely to occur. Either way, the organics will not interfere for long.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »

Do you believe Oatway has too few votes? Minor vote counts on second place holders will do little but benefit us. Any last minute pushes will reveal much to us, and as such, is unlikely to occur. Either way, the organics will not interfere for long.

This one have seen much shenanigans caused by the the "we need a 2nd place" vote.

We one need one vote for a 2nd place. The others are, to use the common term, shadey.

At least to this one.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Has anyone done a vote count to see what the total are?

There is an absurd belief that the act of performing a vote count leads to non-existence. Does anyone wish to prove this belief incorrect?

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Red Bird's Totally Awesome Vote Count

Oatway: 18
    Mr. Defecation: 3
    Marshmallow, Ryadic, El Skid: 1

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Much appreciation is in order. There will be auditing of your tally later.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    ehhh. i did lots of vote counting in the last d&d phalla and it didn't get me killed (too bad for the villagers)

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Vote counting only gets you killed in a dungeon.

But we are pleased with the one called Red Bird.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    that's vaguely ominous

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Red Bird wrote: »
    that's vaguely ominous

Really? It was kinda funny that every one that did a vote count in the Rougelike phalla died. Including me.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    One is unsure why one would post information relating to the probable mechanics of the game in a spoiler, since people who haven't read the books would then be at a disadvantage in the game...however one has spoilered as per a request.

El Skid on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »
    After having gone over the books, we have decided that as there is no significant reason to place Embarkation in second place. A vote for Oatway is just fine, but we must take measures to keep things even.

It is in our opinion that since one would place another non-suspicious being into second, we must maintain harmony and reduce discord by balancing them with another non-suspicious being.

To this end, we shall !vote El Skid.

One did not reveal one's favorite colour in part specifically because one wanted to either be able to confirm a seering result or catch another using one's colour. One has done so, and it is logical to ask hard questions now that another one has posted in one's colour, as a human would be want to do.

This other one has not come forward to offer explanation as to why they have done this, so one considers one's vote justified... And one feels strange sensations around one's above-eye-hair from your confusion.

One also should point out that the logic of voting for one seems to go directly against the argument being put forward.

El Skid on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    STILL WAITING ON SOME ORDERS. NORMALLY TIME IS NOT AN ISSUE FOR ME, BUT IT HAS BECOME SOMEWHAT PRESSING. YOU UNDERSTAND, I HOPE.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Unease!

Narration is a full two minutes late. Surely a great catastrophe has occured!

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I agree unease and discord are forming around us, who is the one causing this?!?!?

Maximus on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Really? It was kinda funny that every one that did a vote count in the Rougelike phalla died. Including me.

You. Agent of Discord. DIE.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Unease!

Narration is a full two minutes late. Surely a great catastrophe has occured!

Vote doesn't close till 10 EST.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »

You. Agent of Discord. DIE.

We do not like the tone that you have taken.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Vote doesn't close till 10 EST.
    Uh....yeah.

Stupid "Starting at 9 pm" thing threw me off. Ah well, then it's sleep for me.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    VOTE CLOSES IN ELEVEN MINUTES.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    VOTING IS CLOSED. NARRATION WILL BE FORTHCOMING.

Quoth on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    how exciting!

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Night 1

"What is that?"

"Are you sure you want to know?"

"Affirmative."

"It is called 'chocolate.' You put it in your oral cavity, right on your taste organ--yes, just like that..."

With a slight gasp, Mr Pink sank to the ground, shuddering uncontrollably. A few seconds later, he vanished.

"One down..."

Tick

"Logic dictates that Mr Puce should be the one to submit to the agents of law," Miss Tangerine said.

"We do not agree," Mr Puce replied.

"We believe that Mr Beige is the more appropriate candidate," Mr Yellow said.

"But there is no logical reason--"

"Enough!" Mr White interrupted. The discussion had been going on for too long, and he was feeling a sensation in his chest akin to combustion. The other Auditors grew quiet and waited for him to speak. This pleased him.

"We will vote now," he said. "Miss Taupe will collect the votes. Tell her who you vote for and she will..." He turned his gaze to Miss Taupe. She stared at him blankly.

"She will remember them all," he finished. "And then she will announce the winner, and the winner will go outside."

"But what if she can't remember all the votes?" a voice from the back of the room asked. Mr White stared in that direction and slowly the crowd parted to reveal the newly arrived Mr Cyan.

"She will," Mr White replied firmly. His eyes never left Mr Cyan. "Miss Taupe, begin the collection."

Immediately, the Auditors obediently formed a neat queue and, one by one, gave their votes to Miss Taupe. When the line was finished, she mentally reviewed the names she had been given. Fortunately, there was some consensus, so it wasn't too difficult.

"Mr White?" she asked, looking around for the de facto leader. "Mr White?" she said, more loudly in case his fleshy sense organ was malfunctioning.

Mr White emerged from a dark corner in the back of the room, his hands covered in some red substance that Miss Taupe could not identify.

"We have concluded the voting process," Miss Taupe said timidly. The substance entered her scent organ and caused a feeling of apprehension in her.

"And who will be sent outside?" Mr White asked.

"Mr Black," she replied. Her scent organ was overwhelming her other organs, especially the one in her midsection.

"Positive response," Mr White said. "Mr Black, you will go outside."

Mr Black backed away from the assembled Auditors. "Fear! Apprehension! We feel negatively about this outcome."

"Do you refuse?" Mr White asked. Mr Black nodded vigorously.

"We understand," Mr White said, smiling. He was getting better at smiling.

Tick

"What do you suppose they're doin' in there, eh Sarge?" Corporal Nobby Nobbs asked. "Seems awful quiet for a hostage sitcheeayshun."

"Oh, sure as like they're figrin out their options," Sergeant Colon replied. "Maybe cuttin' off some fingers or toes what to use as colly-atteral."

Nobby pulled a cigarette out from behind his ear and jammed it between his lips. "I'd of thought you get less money for a hostage what's missin' bits."

Colon frowned. "Naw, you don't know nothin' bout echo gnomics, Nobby. When there's less a somethin', it's worth more."

"You'd know better than me, Sarge," Nobby said.

"Oh, well, when you're as sperienced as me you learns a few things," Colon said, nodding sagaciously. "But it's possible they're maybe thinkin' to release one or two hostages, get on our good side so's we go easier on 'em."

There was a sudden crash overhead as a body flew out one of the previously unbroken windows. It landed with a wet thud a few feet away from the two officers. Colon and Nobby stared at the corpse in horror.

"They supposed to be releasin' em like that, Sarge?"

"Not so far's I know."

Just as suddenly as the body had appeared, it vanished, leaving only a puddle of blood as an indication that it had ever been there.

"Nobby," Colon said grimly, "Go get the commander. He'll want to see this."

Tick

Night 1 Results

TheLawinator - Mr Pink - Death by chocolate
    Oatway - Mr Black - Defenestrated
    Wildcat - Mr Cyan - Beaten to death

Quoth on
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This one is vexed by the outcome of the vote. I am starting to feel like I need to hurt Mr. Black for his actions.

Maximus on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    OOoOOooOOOoO

Had to be some really good chocolate....

Also go to hell

OoOOOO

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    CLARIFICATION REQUEST: Will human infiltrators be identified as such when killed? Do they have color-coded names as well?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    CLARIFICATION REQUEST: Will human infiltrators be identified as such when killed? Do they have color-coded names as well?

HUMAN INFILTRATORS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED COLOR CODED NAMES, BUT WILL BE CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED WHEN KILLED.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    This one thanks the one known as Quoth for that one's speedy response to this one's inquiries.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    FembotFembot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This one feels that perhaps this evening could have gone rather better.

Fembot on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Maximus wrote: »
    This one is vexed by the outcome of the vote. I am starting to feel like I need to hurt Mr. Black for his actions.

This one is thinking that Oatway realized the bandwagon wouldn't switch off of him, so he embraced his identity as a "baddie" and tried to draw out some of the evil folks so that he could reveal them. This one doubts his plan met with any success.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hmm.

Next up, !vote Toxic Toys

Obbi on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Most unfortunate...

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Mr. Defecation didn't vote. I don't know if he was just overly busy or taking the baddie strategy of laying low to an extreme, but it bears investigation.

Ryadic seems to be playing it a bit more subtley than in the main phalla, but this could simply be because of the lack of !targeting in here.

I might have more suspicions later. Anyone else?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    These events are hardly ideal.

We are unsure of Obbi's reasoning for voting Toxic Toys. Would that one share?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It was Oatway's last wish!

Obbi on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    It was Oatway's last wish!

Hmm, strange, it does cause a great deal of displeasure to note that I cannot seem to find anything to suggest this last wish. According to the recollections which this one is able to recall, Oatway's last standing vote was a vengeance vote against Ryadic. There may be an error on this one's part, but please do offer proof of this claim. The sacrifice of the one known as Mr. Black was quite unfortunate, but to use this event to gain momentum for an unrelated bandwagon seems.... illogical.

Let it be known however, that this one has his own suspicions of Toxic Toys, although he's only about halfway down the list of about 11. Regrettably, this is roughly half of our remaining fellows.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    To be honest, I'm just waiting for those who know what I'm referencing will jump in.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Is your vote a reference to the book

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg