As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game On: Dawn of War (SS or DC) SS PATCHED!

• Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That was a fun game. Lot of back and forth till I raided Pucks base.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sonelan wrote: »

I totally defended Shaquar's base with invisible shit until he got his Land Raider out.

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, all my troopies were on the other side of the map. It made me sad.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I totally defended Shaquar's base with invisible shit until he got his Land Raider out.

And I pulled the other teams entire army over to puck's side whats your point sir?

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009

And I pulled the other teams entire army over to puck's side whats your point sir?

Puck was only fucked because I destroyed his rhino, disabling his ability to come counter you.

And he was only able to fuck me over because you weren't keeping him pressured. That's my point.

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    ShaquarShaquar Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Yay :^:

Land Raiders rock.

Shaquar on
  • Options
    ArcmanArcman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Rebirth! Awesome!

Could someone tell me what the current hamachi is?

edit: never mind then

Arcman on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Puck was only fucked because I destroyed his rhino, disabling his ability to come counter you.

And he was only able to fuck me over because you weren't keeping him pressured. That's my point.

Meh. Rhino would just get killed by the fire prism. I was expecting them to get there sooner but since they didn't I just said fuck it and went to town.

Also enlighten me on how to pressure SMs as eldar when every squad carries max heavy bolters.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Vehicles, and rangers can shoot farther than I can detect (if I have a detector).

A-Puck on
  • Options
    Commissar DemosthenesCommissar Demosthenes Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hey, I'll join a game of DC. I'm pretty bad, though.

Can't use Gamespy though, Gotta use Hamachi. We still using the Hamachi Network in the OP?

Commissar Demosthenes on
    Steam name: Chicago Ted.
    96cce.png
    oh god I am not good at battlefield
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That was a fun game earlier, sorry me and the boyz' had to leave early :(

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    Commissar DemosthenesCommissar Demosthenes Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Playing with you people has shown me how terrible I am.

I thought I was ok, I only played against AI though.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    Steam name: Chicago Ted.
    96cce.png
    oh god I am not good at battlefield
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Playing with you people has shown me how terrible I am.

I thought I was ok, I only played against AI though.

Practice makes perfect!

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, that's enough of that. I have utterly nothing that can stop that many bolters; even my anti-infantry vehicles were being brought down in seconds. :|

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I assume you were playing against puck?

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Best counter to Heavy Bolters is some knockdown. I flew a squad of Stormboyz behind 2 squads of HB marines, threw one nade between them then went to town :V! Hellfire dreads, Wartrukks, anything with knockdown really.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, but I don't have a whole lot of options when I'm Necrons. Warriors aren't working, wraiths get chewed up, flayed ones just disintegrate as they're getting out of the ground... suggestions?

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, but I don't have a whole lot of options when I'm Necrons. Warriors aren't working, wraiths get chewed up, flayed ones just disintegrate as they're getting out of the ground... suggestions?

O yeah. You are assfucked. Unless you have a ton of warriors, or maybe some destroyers. Necron Lord dropping his Solar Pulse works too, followed by flayed ones deep striking. Monolith obviously, although thats way up the tech tree. I would say Solar Pulse is your best bet.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    monolith. On a serious note the solar pulse ability of the necron lord along with flayed ones and destroyers works well.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Solar pulse works, until, like, they step out of the way. Which is exactly what happened in that last match; they just moved away and set up the bolters again.

Edit: also, yeah, the destroyers were doing dick as well. Takes about ten seconds to mow them down with massed fire.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    don't send solo things. do stuff like start summoning flayed ones behind him then hit him with solar pulse and maybe that slow thing and send in mans.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArcmanArcman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't know necrons at all, so I can't say anything specific, but I think in general you should do what you can to prevent the fight from coming to that. If your enemy has control of the map and a wall of HBs right next to your base, then you're already pretty screwed. So don't let that happen; harass, spread out, keep pumping out guys and try to get in the enemy base. Unless you're crazy teching, don't just sit back.

Arcman on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Necrons in particular are fucked to HB spam since most of their units are slow as fuck and they don't get a transport to move them around or get them close to them.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It's not really possible to control the map when I'm paired with IG, and they're the ones opposite the marines to start. By the time my slow-as-fuck necrons get over there, I'll have a base full of whatever race the other guy picked.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Focus on your side. Don't go help your partner unless he is getting wrecked bad or asks for your help.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Which is what happened. He got wrecked, I tried to help, and he was mostly gone when I got there.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I got wrecked because for all intents and purposes both games were 2v1s until they both finally pushed through my lines and got into my base.

On doom spiral, I was next to the tau, not the space marines. I was winning against him... incredibly so, until pucks entire army showed up in the tau base to help him defend.

At that point you should be attacking puck, so I dont have to be fighting two armies for ten minutes.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I was building those gens and teching up to destroyers like you told me to. I had two out when that attack came, and 4 3-man units of warriors + the lord. There wasn't much I could have done to help, even if I got there in time.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I never said tech and don't engage the enemy for the beginning of the game.

It doesn't matter, its just a game, but I can beat either of those players in a 1v1 in less than 15 minutes, so the issue wasn't with me. Again, its not a huge deal, but you really have to harass and support your ally more in team games.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

It doesn't matter, its just a game, but I can beat either of those players in a 1v1 in less than 15 minutes, so the issue wasn't with me. Again, its not a huge deal, but you really have to harass and support your ally more in team games.

Phhht, allies. FFAs are better.

They allow for breakage of non-existant non-aggression pacts.

8-)

MechMantis on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Yeah, I know, I'm not getting all angry at you for trying to help or anything. It's just frustrating to watch your entire army turn into so much metal dust. I did what I could, but it turned out to be the wrong thing.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Yeah, I know, I'm not getting all angry at you for trying to help or anything. It's just frustrating to watch your entire army turn into so much metal dust. I did what I could, but it turned out to be the wrong thing.

Necrons are a tough match vs SM in T1 & T2. The best answer for the HB squads o' doom is to disrupt them (knockdown) or start tying them up in CC, both things are slim on the ground for necrons. The other answer is longer range (aka tau FWs) or vehicles.

You may want to consider a 2 gen -> summoning core -> FO spam start, get one of your relatively fast scarabs to my base then deep strike an FO in my base, when I stat massing troops to kill the FO drop the others behind my troops so that I'm surrounded. It's pretty damn easy to out micro FOs, but only if I can run. Not to mention that you should be able to get FOs going well before I can mass HBs. Then the fighting is going on where you want it, in my base, rather than at your base or your ally's base. While you are in my base tearing stuff up, it gives you the freedom to work on your econ in peace.

Canem might be the best 1v1 player on these boards, so if you can tie up one of your opponents you can trust him to go to town on the other. I think that you can summon the FOs back to your monolith, so the strat can be relatively risk free, as well.

Once I have the HBs going, then you need to have at least one squad of FOs per tac squad that I have, otherwise I'm going to dance the engaged squad and shoot the shit out of you with the others. You kept on dropping one FO squad in front of 3 HB squads, which is why it seemed like they just died before they could do anything. If I had to split up that focus fire (or, more likely, focus one then get engaged by the other two)then I would have had to start moving my hbs, then set up again.

Also check out http://www.gamereplays.org/darkcrusade/portals.php?show=page&name=necrons

A-Puck on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    A-Puck wrote: »
    Canem might be the best 1v1 player on these boards

AHEM.

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I said MIGHT be the best 1v1, I've never seen you two fight, you and goomba fight or he and goomba fight.

A-Puck on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    A-Puck wrote: »
    I said MIGHT be the best 1v1, I've never seen you two fight, you and goomba fight or he and goomba fight.

I know what you said.

I'm not dumb.

You're dumb!

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'd still say Canem is the best.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    8-)

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    ShaquarShaquar Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    How about you two have a 1v1 and duke it out while the rest of us observes and bets money or something?

Shaquar on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'd be up for that. One game wouldn't prove anything though. Goomba and I have lost and won more 1v1s against each other than we can count.

Who's better? No idea.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    best 3 out of 5.. on every 1v1 map.

JJ on