As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

To Blandly Go

14567810»

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm sure this will be a great game.

6 million x_KaptKurk_x's flying around the galaxy in their Uss-entarprize's.

jwalk on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Why the fuck does everything have to be an MMO these days? Not that it would be impossible for Star Trek to make an interesting MMO, but it's obvious this is going to be pretty much the same formula as every MMO out there.

Same with the terrible looking Stargate MMO; I'm not a huge SG fan but I would love a squad based single player game based in the Stargate story with a story that feels like one of the episodes. As long as they keep the humour and action from the series, that would kick ass. But no, they have to turn it into another generic grind.

Ten on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    Ten0101 wrote: »
    Why the fuck does everything have to be an MMO these days?
    Cash rules everything around me

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    dolla dolla bills y'all

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Well, I knew that was the reason, I guess

But I'm not happy about it

I should just go back and play those old Interplay Star Trek adventure games, they were pretty awesome

Ten on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008

Well, I knew that was the reason, I guess

But I'm not happy about it

I should just go back and play those old Interplay Star Trek adventure games, they were pretty awesome
    http://www.ogeworld.com/document_general_info.html?products_id=2100
    Blizzard Loots $1.2 Billion From 2007, Thanks To Wow

Date 01/31/2008.

Vivendi, of which Blizzard Entertainment is a division, released its 2007 earnings revenues today, revealing that the World of Warcraft publisher raked in $1.2 billion (€814 million) in revenue last year. WoW's 10 million large subscriber base contributed the lion's share of the Vivendi Games division's $1.5 billion take (€1.018 billion). Blizzard's revenue was up 58% year over year which can be attributed to strong sales of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade and a subscriber boost of 2 million people.
      Vivendi pointed to lower earnings from its Sierra label, with sales of Crash of the Titans, Spyro: The Eternal Night, F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate, Timeshift and World in Conflict as "not as strong as the 2006 release slate." Let's hear it for World of Warcraft, ladies and gentlemen!

expect this trend to stay around for a loooong time as folks try to grab pieces of the pie like that

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    the future will only have one game: a first person madden mmo with phat loot and waggle control while you balance on a board

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ONE POINT TWO BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS

IN CASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2008
    sign me up

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    At least Blizzard are still doing quality single player games as well

If it weren't for them and Will Wright, I'd be ready to give up PC gaming for good

Ten on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    25_1.jpg

Man, this game was so cool

I'd never even watched Star Trek when I played it but it was still awesome

Ten on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    why is the captain farting? isn't that deadly in space?

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    TEN0101 FORGOT ABOUT STALKER

DO NOT FORGET ABOUT STALKER.

It ran like crap when I tried to play it, so I never got into it

I should go back and give it another go, I think I've upgraded since then

lostwords: only if you haven't correctly calibrated the dilithium stench matrix and compensated for methane polarity inversions

Ten on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

lostwords: only if you haven't correctly calibrated the dilithium stench matrix and compensated for methane polarity inversions

You also forgot about a billion other high quality PC games.

There are other games out there than Spore and WoW. Lots.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »

You also forgot about a billion other high quality PC games.

There are other games out there than Spore and WoW. Lots.

Dude, I was spinning hyperbole

It's just when I think of the games that are coming out in the near future that I'm looking forward to, Spore is the only one I can think of that's exclusive to PC

There are probably more, you're right

Ten on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    But Spore isn't exclusive to the PC.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    speaking of mmos gaia online is launching their own mmo

the title is zOMG

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    But Spore isn't exclusive to the PC.

It is in the only version that matters

Well, PC and Mac, but that's not a relevant distinction

Ten on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    San Jose - July 28, 2008 Gaia Online, the world's most active online community, has launched its upcoming casual MMO into closed beta. Over 10,000 community members will be able to participate in the beta program.Gaia Online proudly announces that the game’s official name will be“zOMG!”, a term generated from the virtual world’s active community. In development since 2006, zOMG! is scheduled for release this summer, and will give the community a new way to play, socialize, and explore.

In April, Gaia Online announced that it would accept requests for entry into the beta program. Over 120,000 applications to enter the closed beta were submitted by community members. Players selected from Gaia Online’s active community of over five million will get the chance to play in-game with the creators of zOMG! and provide feedback on the game.
    “Our Gaian community is loyal, vocal and not afraid to ask for what they want,” said David Georgeson, senior developer of zOMG! at Gaia Online.“It only makes sense for online worlds to place a huge emphasis on community involvement. In our case, they aren’t just the people who will play the game; they’re the ones who asked for it.”

Designed in a flash-based environment that is free and requires no downloads, players will interact in zOMG! by engaging in quests, battling monsters, exploring the beautiful worlds and socializing with friends. As an extension of the Gaia Online virtual world, the MMO game extends the current Gaia Online offerings, like mini games, customizable avatars, forums, and numerous creative and social outlets.

Visit www.zomg.com for more information about the closed beta program and new images from zOMG!.

About zOMG!
    Explore the epic adventure within the Gaia Online MMO, zOMG!. Discover interesting and beautiful worlds, engage in combat with monsters, interact and play with friends, and more in this casual online massively multiplayer game. Designed for the PC as a free to play game with no download requirements, the MMO is accessible and easy to navigate for everyone. More than a game, zOMG! incorporateselements of social networking and entertainment for community members. Featuring streaming music, a unique storyline and characters, and engaging gameplay, zOMG! is an open environment for people of all ages to play games, meet friends, and explore. For more information, visit www.zomg.com.
    About Gaia Online
    Founded in 2003, Gaia Online is the leading teen hangout on the web. More than six million visitors come to Gaia every month to make friends, play games, watch movies in Gaia Cinemas, Gaia's virtual theaters, and participate in the world's most active online community. Gaia provides a fun, social environment that inspires individuality and creativity. With everything from art contests to discussion forums on poetry, politics, celebrities and more, to fully customizable profiles, digital characters and cars, Gaia is a place where teens can create their own space and express their individual style. For more information, visit www.gaiaonline.com.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    if gaia online is so popular how come I never heard about it until a few months ago

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i'm surprised it is more popular than 2chan

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    if gaia online is so popular how come I never heard about it until a few posts ago

sarukun on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's because you're all above the mentality of a 3 year old, which is more than you can say for most gaia posters.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hey, hey, hey, hey

my mentality is like, 2-and-a-half, tops.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Before 3 we call mentality brainums

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    chances of me playing another mmoogog again = 3.4%

chances of me playing a mmmogog called Zomg... or actually of even loading a web page called Zomg in my browser = approx 0.00%

jwalk on