As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

To Blandly Go

• Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    fucking vampires

i never got past like level 28 or so, i think the farthest i got was uh.... i'm remembering this series of hallways that lead to this big sandy area that happened to be cool as hell

i straight genocided the fuck out of those poor little spore men in the moon caves

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fallout wrote: »
    I loved EQ fuuuuck

but it also made me drop out of college fuuuuuuuck

i loved my monk and my shaman

shaman had sow, and with the monk i could click Feign Death in between Sense Direction just to break up the monotony
    I had like a 55 monk and a 45 druid

my monk had all this haste gear and man she was ultra fast, and ever since then I've always really liked melee classes that were super fast no matter what game I play

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2008
    How was the game post 50?

I ended up quitting with a 50 necro and a 50 warrior... I think shortly after the Kunark expansion

Unknown User on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Monkeybomb wrote: »
    haha wam you played EQ?
    yeahhh

I started in summer of... 2001? then I was a senior in high school and didn't play at all

then the next summer before college I played all the time

I remember there was one session where I played for like 41 hours straight and I went to the bathroom at one point and I could see kelethin racing past me everywhere I looked

then I kept playing when I went to college, and slowly stopped going to class and didn't eat anymore and got my roommate hooked on it too, then I dropped out, then she dropped out

then I quit

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    How was the game post 50?

I ended up quitting with a 50 necro and a 50 warrior... I think shortly after the Kunark expansion
    it wasn't that great, it was just running planes of power stuff over and over again

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Corp Por

Weaver on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I loved EQ fuuuuck

but it also made me drop out of college fuuuuuuuck

i loved my monk and my shaman

shaman had sow, and with the monk i could click Feign Death in between Sense Direction just to break up the monotony
    I had like a 55 monk and a 45 druid

my monk had all this haste gear and man she was ultra fast, and ever since then I've always really liked melee classes that were super fast no matter what game I play

I had a thing for my shadow knight and that thoroughly cemented my love for berzerker types and black magic

i always make a shaman if i have the option though, especially if i can make him a troll

fuck fuck fuck now i want to play again

there has to be some sort of total interface overhaul i can get

SHIT

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I miss earth and beyond

it was like eve, without the boredom

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    don't do it fallout

it's not worth it

fallouuuut

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I had a grandmatser warrior in Trammel and a theif in Felucia tha tI would use to sneak into faction battles & loot corpses.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    don't do it fallout

it's not worth it

fallouuuut

I'M DOING IT

(meet me @ shady)

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    my druid was a megamaster baker or whatever the level was where you were maxed out

and let me tell you killing brownies for hours and hours and hours to get their parts and having inventories filled with wedding cakes

that was pretty much the worst waste of time that I can even imagine

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Velious was pretty sweet. The whole storyline of Dwarves vs. Giants vs. Dragons was great and there were these huge quests which resulted in an amazing (at the time) ring from the Dwarves. Like, the final quest involved this huge invasion of Giants that you had to fend off at several points across the zone.

People hated Luclin, but as I said above, I loved it. Some of the most amazing scenery and architecture in any game. What was that one city that no one actually occupied? Sanctus Seru? That place was crazy and huge and no one ever needed to go there so it was always abandoned.

Planes of Power was a pretty good expansion, too, but I never got up to the higher tiers there since I didn't raid enough. And I raided a lot as it is.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I had a small tower up on the ice continent and I would hunt polar bears and sail my ship out to go fishing for sea monsters.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    but no i am going to the japanese museum in LA today

(wonder if all my dudes are still around on cazic-thule >_>)

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I loved luclin, but yeah, after PoP it was always totally abandoned

nobody used the nexus anymore except to go to the bazaar

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Monkeybomb wrote: »
    haha wam you played EQ?
    yeahhh

I started in summer of... 2001? then I was a senior in high school and didn't play at all

then the next summer before college I played all the time

I remember there was one session where I played for like 41 hours straight and I went to the bathroom at one point and I could see kelethin racing past me everywhere I looked

then I kept playing when I went to college, and slowly stopped going to class and didn't eat anymore and got my roommate hooked on it too, then I dropped out, then she dropped out

then I quit
    dear god wam
    I love you, you crazy kid

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Planetside was so fun when it first came out.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    my druid was a megamaster baker or whatever the level was where you were maxed out

and let me tell you killing brownies for hours and hours and hours to get their parts and having inventories filled with wedding cakes

oh my god brownies

i hated those little bitches

didn't they hang around wood elf lands? man those were gorgeous even though the trees were all made of 4 polygons each

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Weaver I like you. UO was the best game, it was so open ended and amazing. You could literally log in and do pretty much whatever you wanted. So many days fighting PKs in deciet (and then becoming one)

Although Trammel ruined it. and the Dread/Great Lord stuff was much better than the other stuff

Unknown User on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I watched a dude play EQ once.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    I only played EQ for a couple of months before I got tired of it

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Running around the bank cutting up bodies and keeping the brains and shit

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I must have played UO for something like three years straight.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

oh my god brownies

didn't they hang around wood elf lands? man those were gorgeous even though the trees were all made of 4 polygons each
    yeah! they hung out in and around lesser faydark, the fuckers

I remember when I got my treeform spell as a druid I would just hang out in the forest disguised as a tree until somebody came running around where I was and then I'd start spinning around like crazy

got so much pleasure out of that

I don't think anyone ever noticed

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Oh man I remember one bug where you could access somebody elses open bank and HAHAHAH I'M RICH FUCKER WHOOOOOOOOOO!

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    oh jesus this one time I got this amazing piece of loot, don't even remember what it was

sold it in the bazaar for way more money than I'd ever had and decided that now is the time

today I start on master blacksmithing

I had this whole plan to pay some low level newbie to farm the thousands and thousands of unstackable drops that I would need to get up there.

Yeah, he didn't make it past the first two days. At least I only paid him for the work he actually did.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Neli wrote: »
    You could put that tune to a static picture of lettuce, and it'd still be awesome
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geudQ7dhJl0

you are like half right

love this post

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Weaver wrote: »
    I must have played UO for something like three years straight.

what servers

Unknown User on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    and god I wanted a pony so bad

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Whatever the Atlantic one was

Weaver on
  • Options
    BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Neli wrote: »
    You could put that tune to a static picture of lettuce, and it'd still be awesome
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geudQ7dhJl0

you are like half right

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I am pretty excited that I only had the dimmest recollection of the requiem for a dream soundtrack and I still knew exactly what song you guys were talking about

I think I might be psychic

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    (1:59:25 PM) Stephen: whenever i see lettuce now im gonna need to kill like some orcs or something

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fallout you and I are EQ buds. I got my Enchanter (hell yeah, crack whores) to like level 34 and that was it. Spent the rest of my 2 years playing the game seeing how far I could get in ridiculously high-level areas without dieing. My greatest achievement was making it to Western Wastes. The place in Velious beyond Siren's Grotto (fuck how do i remember these names) with uber dragons just wandering around like it ain't no thang.

I was such a leech too. Getting friends in high level guilds and just going with them for runs to get dragon faction and cool items that would've rotted anyway.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I am pretty excited that I only had the dimmest recollection of the requiem for a dream soundtrack and I still knew exactly what song you guys were talking about

I think I might be psychic

there were other songs?

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

oh my god brownies

yeah! they hung out in and around lesser faydark, the fuckers

I remember when I got my treeform spell as a druid I would just hang out in the forest disguised as a tree until somebody came running around where I was and then I'd start spinning around like crazy

got so much pleasure out of that

I don't think anyone ever noticed

i remember one day i was strolling through the faydark with my ogre SK, Kagok

then another ogre walked by me named Ragok. i think he was a warrior

i guess we noticed the similarities in our names because we both stopped and looked at each other funny for a second before we started beating the shit out of each other

i won, just barely (thank you Harm Touch) and at the end there were various wood elves standing around watching us

we butchered them

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I loved luclin, but yeah, after PoP it was always totally abandoned

nobody used the nexus anymore except to go to the bazaar

You want to hear the saddest thing? In the months leading up to my deployment to Iraq (this was like 2003), the guild I was part of actually made serious progress raiding for all the pieces for the Vex Thal key. We spent months getting 40 something people keyed and it all wound up about three days before I had to get deployed.

I got to zone in one time and look at the entrance.

By the time I came back from Iraq, the guild had disbanded and I just couldn't go back.

If I could do one thing, it would be to take part in just one raid on VT.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg