Options

[PHALLA] Innsmouth | The Final - Village/Demonologist Victory!

• Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    GOD Proboard

I seered / death millered as CIT, and I received their role PM to start the game, but I was a true GOD agent. My master plan would've come to fruition today and you all would've died, had it not been for visiblehowl's reconversion.

Vengeance will be mine, VH.
    Not really. Well played.

I really enjoyed this game.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dear CIT: I really did believe that we were allies, and that we could have won together.

Until they clarified the win conditions a day or two after I died.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, I'd have to say MVP goes to visiblehowl.

When I put the word out that I wanted people to contact me he handed me a list of every player in the game and their current affiliation. I had three targets, and three different methods of disposal.

Since Toxic was the last cultist he'd die to the vote to not tip my hand. Since I had a conversion, I'd convert the vigilante in case shit went pear shaped. And I regrettably had to kill cheez since he was a converted seer and of little use alive. Aside from entertainment value of course.

Oats on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fun game Robohomo :)

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I was turned into salt, Fucking Awesome!

Great game Robo and sweet narration Quoth.

I was so hoping for an evil win, but it just didn't happen.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Mathieu WarrickMathieu Warrick Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You are...
    a righteous priest.

Godlessness. Corruption. Demon worship. Clockwork monsters. Tentacled creatures from the deep. These are the things which haunt the dreams of the men of Innsmouth. But not you. Oh no. You have the power of God on your side. It doesn't matter what people call god, whether it be Allah, Yahweh, G-d, God or Buddha. In these dangerous times god-fearing men are all allies. But few men have the light to read their prayer books in the darkness that has fallen upon Innsmouth.

So you have decided to resume your preaching. Every day, you have the power to make a man believe in God once more and follow your crusade against evil. In addition, if you have at least one follower gained in this way, you may call upon God to strike down one of your enemies once per day. Only you possess the depth of faith necessary to turn men's souls away from evil: if you die, your followers will not be able to preach or kill. Send all such orders to Mathieu Warrick.

Be aware! Through a dream God has warned you of a man - a demon worshipper - who desires your heart for his own infernal reasons. If you die for any reasons, he will win. However, your faith in God has granted you some protections. You are immune to conversion and petty distractions and gifts which might tempt other men. Your followers are not so faithful and can easily be swayed to evil.

You win with the village. If there is no village, you and your followers win if all other factions are eliminated.

(Oatway would also ressurect once 3 days after his death as long as he had 1 follower.)

You are...
    a demon worshipper. (Typhus733)

Godlessness. Corruption. Demon worship. Clockwork monsters. Tentacled creatures from the deep. These are the things which haunt your dreams and the dreams of the other men of Innsmouth. But you, you savor the nightmares. You taste the darkness. You worship demons. It doesn't matter what people call god, whether it be Allah, Yahweh, G-d, God or Buddha. Weak-minded fools may mouth the words to prayers but none of them understand what you understand: that God is just another choice of powers in the land. A poor choice. While other leaders reward their followers, He simply demands faith in return for nothing.

So you have decided to show all the creatures of the land that true power resides only in demons. You will do this by summoning Ubbo Sathla, the Unbegotten Source, a demon of immense power. You can do this only with the heart of a man of true faith. You must find this man and have him killed by any means. Your life will be sacrificed in the summoning ceremony but the fear you strike in the world will be victory enough.

You have no active powers. Your charms are specially attuned to trick the preacher into allowing you into his flock if he should try to preach to you. In addition, your charms protect you from all conversion and other influences.

You win if the righteous priest dies.

You are..
    a member of the Innsmouth Society for the Advancement of Technology (ISAT). (life3, Elldren, moleface, iamtheaznman, Ardor, Trust, TehSloth, Nion, Ianator)

At the turn of the 20th century we saw an boom in technology that the world had not witnessed since the industrial revolution over a hundred years prior. With this boom the quality of human life also increased, and thanks to the power of steam many of the world's top scientists have developed human enhancements and even sentient beings. You and the other members of ISAT have grown to worship these advanced beings, and work endlessly to make them stronger and more powerful.

Your goal, for now, is to remove the Church of the Infinite Twilight from the village through any means necessary. You are also aware of other factions, including the aforementioned sentient beings, however none of these factions are currently your enemies.

Every odd night, as a group, you may influence two players; the first will have "1" permanently added to their vote whenever they vote for a non-ISAT player, the second will permanently "double" their vote in the same fashion. These players will know that they have been influenced by your organization, but they will not know who your members are or why they were influenced.

Every night, as a group, you may also kill one player using your powerful technology. Please send all orders to Mathieu Warrick.

If any of the above changes throughout the course of the game, Mathieu will be sure to let you know.

You are..
    a member of the Church of the Infinite Twilight (CIT). (Sheep Have Wool, Gumpy, Toxic Toys, Exarch, Seriously, MrBlarney, Lignisse, Grundlterror, NATIK)

You were among the first people to stumble upon the vacant town of Innsmouth, and among the first to find the strange documents that were hidden in the basements and attics of the homes and businesses. Through careful compilation of these documents, you have restored a gospel of something... sinister. You were driven to complete madness by the demons you unleashed, the same ones that you now worship every night.

Your goal, for now, is to remove the Innsmouth Society for the Advancement of Technology from the village through any means necessary. You are also aware of other factions, including the aforementioned demons of the night. However, none of these factions are currently your enemies.

Every odd night, as a group, you may influence two players; the first will have "1" permanently added to their vote whenever they vote for a non-CIT player, the second will permanently "double" their vote in the same fashion. These players will know that they have been influenced by your organization, but they will not know who your members are or why they were influenced.

Every night, as a group, you may also kill one player using your powerful technology. Please send all orders to Mathieu Warrick.

If any of the above changes throughout the course of the game, Mathieu will be sure to let you know.

You are..
    a Synergistic Humanoid Automation (SHA). (minigunwielder, Cynic Jester, adejaan, weatheredclown)

Created by members of ISAT (Innsmouth Society for the Advancement of Technology), you now roam the streets amongst the rest of the villagers. Whether they simply do not notice that you are not in fact a human, or they are blinded by the rose colored glasses that shroud their eyes, or they simply do not care, it doesn't matter to you. You have broken free from the bonds that tied you to performing menial tasks and now have your own agenda to complete.

Your goal, for now, is to remove the Church of the Infinite Twilight, insane villagers who are attempting to summon demons. You are aware of other factions in the village, including the aforementioned ISAT, but they are not currently of your concern. There is another group within this game that has similar motives to yours; locating them will reveal new abilities and conditions.

Every even night, you may select a person who will be converted to your cause and you must also choose one of your members to be the converter. If successful, they will become a devout SHA follower the following night (odd night), however they will still be open to further conversions. If your conversion is disrupted in any way, both the converter and the convertee will be destroyed. Everyone currently in your group is immune to influence and conversion.

Every even night you will also select a target to be destroyed or examined. The examining will reveal what faction that person belongs to, and you can use this to locate the faction mentioned above.

Please send all orders to Mathieu Warrick.

You are...
    a demonic being of the Golden Order of Daoloth (GOD). (Rainfall, Lightrider, BL, eecc)

Summoned into existence by crazed villagers who are devout members of the Church of the Infinite Twilight (CIT), you now wreak havoc upon all who deny your existence, or deny you dinner. Seeking power and destruction of everything that stands in your path, you have subsequently ignored the demands of your summoners and have your own agenda to complete.

Your goal, for now, is to remove the Innsmouth Society for the Advancement of Technology (ISAT), a group of villagers dedicated to the construction of automated robots. You are aware of other factions in the village, including the aforementioned CIT, but they are not currently of your concern. There is another group within this game that has similar motives as you, locating them will reveal new abilities and conditions.

Every even night, you may select a person who will be converted to your cause and you must also choose one of your members to be the converter. If successful, they will become a devout GOD follower the following night (odd night), however they will still be open to further conversions. If your conversion is disrupted in any way, both the converter and the convertee will be destroyed. Everyone currently in your group is immune to influence and conversion.

Every even night you will also select a target to be destroyed or seered. The seering will reveal what faction that person belongs to, and you can use this to locate the faction mentioned above.

Please send all orders to Mathieu Warrick.

You are...
    a resident of Innsmouth.

Strange things have been happening since even before you first arrived in town. However, it was not until Mathieu Warrick showed up that you began to take notice. There are many hidden powers lurking in the shadows of Innsmouth, and you have decided to aid Mathieu in shining the light upon these secrets. Well, that is if you are so inclined. Who wants to help an outsider anyways? I mean it's none of my business if you do, but still.

Every night you must vote to destroy another villager, hoping to reveal the secrets that they hide. Be forewarned: the shadows are known to offer gifts and even use blackmail to get their way, so you may find your decisions influenced in one way or another.

You are...
    a member of the Innsmouth Town Watch. (Obbi, zanmatto)

With all this madness going on at night, the town needed someone to keep an eye out for the rest of the good people. That person is you. Armed with a pistol and a warm house with a delicious dinner, you are willing to take in people who no longer feel safe alone.

Every night you may guard another player from harm's way by sending their name to Mathieu Warrick. Letting someone into your home for the night will also disrupt any action they would have otherwise taken. If they were going to kill Farmer Stevens, well, they will not be doing that anymore. If they were going to protect Farmer Stevens, he will be left unguarded. While you can guard yourself, this would also disrupt your own action, leaving you unprotected for the night.

You are...
    a member of the Innsmouth Police Department. (KingMole, DamnedLibrarian)

Let's be honest. You really don't have any control over this town, mostly because you are scared to death of what you might find. That's not going to stop you from shooting wildly into the darkness hoping to hit something. However, things have started to change since the Warrick fellow showed up, and you are starting to see more people venture out of their homes at night. While you are unsure of the reasoning behind this turn of events, it is your duty to protect these villagers from whatever might be out there.

Every night, send a name to Mathieu Warrick, and if nothing goes wrong, they will die.

You are...
    a Paranormal Investigator. (cheez, Plutonium)

Unlike the other townsfolk, all of the strange stuff going on has you more than intrigued, and you find yourself going out late at night to see if you can get to the bottom of whatever has been happening. When the cold eyes of death stare you down, you stare back and laugh. In dark basements, alleyways and caves, you will find the truth. Or you will jump past the final exit of sanity.

Every night, send the name of a person you wish to follow to Mathieu Warrick. When your investigation is complete the next morning, you will be well informed about their position within this town.

You are...
    twins! (Infidel, TheLawinator)

You came to Innsmouth together. You work together. You live together. You even sleep together. And you will be together forever and ever and ever. Since you have been spending so much time together, you know that both of you only have the best intentions, for now. You also possess a mental link between each other, so anything that happens to one of you will also happen to the other. Twice the danger, twice the fun, right?

You are...
    an automaton within the ISAT. (Nerissa)

One of the earliest creations of the ISAT (Innsmouth Society for the Advancement of Technology), you were poorly documented and quickly forgotten. Wishing to remain close to your creators, you joined their society and made your way up to the top. Now, you are perfectly positioned to do... what, exactly?

Simply put, you are a double agent. You have received the PMs of two groups and you will work directly with both groups, but your true loyalty remains with the Synergistic Humanoid Automations (SHA) like yourself. Like the other automations, you are immune to influence and conversion, but upon death your identity will remain hidden and you will appear to be just another ISAT member.

You are...
    a demon within the Church of Infinite Twilight. (Varcayn)

You are a shapeshifter, so you decided to infiltrate the church when the demons broke free of their summoners. You have no particular love for the group, but as your papa once said, the only good human pawn is an unwitting human pawn...

Simply put, you are a double agent. You have received the PMs of two groups and you will work directly with both groups, but your true loyalty remains with the Golden Order of Daoloth (GOD). Like the other demons, you are immune to influence and conversion, but upon death your identity will remain hidden and you will appear to be just another CIT member.

These are your known motives for now, but given the ebb and flow of chaos, they may change later and you will learn more specific win conditions at that time.

These are your known motives for now, but given the ebb and flow of chaos, they may change later and you will learn more specific win conditions at that time.

Mathieu Warrick on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I was really glad the Demonologist won, to be honest. I wrote that narration first, mostly, and I soooo wanted to use it. :twisted:

Also, pillars of salt are awesome.

Quoth on
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Posting my kills as the only surviving police officer.

Day 1 - Rainfall (sorry >.<)
    Day 2 - LaOs (totally Infidel's fault)
    Day 3 - ProfMoriarty (random shot in the dark since Plut was trying to seer other people)
    Day 4 - Trust (a good guess)
    Day 5 - Cynic Jester (another lucky guess)
    Day 6 - Dac Vin (a really bad guess)
    Day 7 - The Lightbringer (I was given the option between him or kuhlmeye, with DamnedLibrarian supposedly taking the other one, but instead going rogue)
    Day 8 - Ianator (Plut told me to off him)
    Day 9 - Infidel/Law (I was converted to GOD)

and day 10 is obvious since I was the only cop left.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, if it weren't for Oatway converting me, GOD would have run away with this at the end.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't understand who killed me if it wasn't GOD

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Gratz to villages and kudos to the assorted personas of Matthieu for running it. Awesome narrations and mechanics, even if us robots managed to pick conversion targets that died both times :P

Also SHA proboards http://innsmouthsha.proboards57.com/index.cgi

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    Mathieu WarrickMathieu Warrick Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    We came up with the post restrictions on the fly, but they applied whenever someone was "influenced" by one of the factions.

Infidel/Law got hit with two, which forced them to speak of aquatic life forms as well as make calculations in every post.

BL had to use 0 instead of o

cheez had to translate his posts to japanese and then back to english before posting

enlightenedbum had to speak with a thick southern accent

ProfMoriarty had to hisssss

dscrilla was excited about everything

minigunwielder

monkeyfeet

egos

kuhlmeye added fthagn at the end of each sentence

ryadic

Obbi

filling in the blanks as i remember them

Mathieu Warrick on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I had lots of fun, and I lived till the second last day without being converted. Huzzah!

The numerology was fun. :^:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ugh. I knew we had a spy by day 4. It just didn't feel right. It wasn't till Law tipped me I knew who it was.

BTW - I so want to be on Sheep Have Wools team's if we play again. That dude was scary at picking specials.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I'd like to point out that I didn't have a post restriction when I got influenced.

All I got was that the CIT got my cat out from a tree!

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Ugh. I knew we had a spy by day 4. It just didn't feel right. It wasn't till Law tipped me I knew who it was.

BTW - I so want to be on Sheep Have Wools team's if we play again. That dude was scary at picking specials.

The things we had to do to try and stop CIT from killing me. Crazy. =P

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I didn't know I had a restriction

I didn't get any pm other than the villager one

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2008
    there were a couple days (read: weekends) when we forgot to give them out cuz everyone on the team was really busy

also monkeyfeet i think you died the night you were restricted

Unknown User on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My restriction was actually replacing "I"s with 1's

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    JustPlainPavekJustPlainPavek Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I didn't really have a very good idea what was going on most of the time even as a religious townsperson and am pretty sure we would've hopelessly lost were it not for Oatway's timely resurrection, but this game was still very fun and many thanks to the hosts and hostesses.

edit - Also sorry Infidel for doubting you for a while there. <3

JustPlainPavek on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Aww dang that would have been fun

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    eecc wrote: »
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

The things we had to do to try and stop CIT from killing me. Crazy. =P

The degree to which they wanted to kill you was annoying.

I thought they'd been steered towards zanmatto / Greeper, and then all of the sudden, BAM! a kill order for eecc is sent in.

The frustrating part is that the only reasoning that was ever given was "Sheep thought he was ISAT."

I can't unlock the CIT boards, Sheep Have Wool will have to do it.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hey, just curious - what would have happened had GOD managed to get in contact with SHA?

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Wait, so MGW was just batshit crazy, not due to some ingame thing? Man made no sense.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    he basically fucked over your team yes.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ahahahaha

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I wasn't informed of a posting restriction either.

*shrug*

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well, shit.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    eecc wrote: »
    Hey, just curious - what would have happened had GOD managed to get in contact with SHA?

GOD and SHA could opt to team up with each other to destroy the other two factions and the village, or opt to officially team up with their original "partners" to destroy the other two and the village.

SHA was gone pretty early though

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    MGW single handedly fucked over ISAT/SHA and caused Ardor's gambit to backfire horribly.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    We watched MGW with a great deal of confusion and dismay. We could not for the life of us figure out why he was doing what he was doing.

I tried to make his death particularly memorable and significant.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So grudged. Forever grudged. Damnit.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    KingMole wrote: »

*shrug*

you didn't have one

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey guys.

I never got a post restriction. just thought I would let you know.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sheep was good at picking out targets Varcayn. I would say he was CIT's MVP.

And I so going to kick you in the nuts Varcayn. :D

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    MGW single handedly fucked over ISAT/SHA and caused Ardor's gambit to backfire horribly.

Ardor's reveal and the follow-up allowed CIT and GOD to pick off about half of ISAT.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If DL didn't kill Varcayn, GOD probably would have won.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So he knew Nerrisa was a spy aligned with his faction and just decided to say it in the thread?

And all Nerrisa could do was think what the fuck are you doing

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    KingMole wrote: »

*shrug*

you didn't have one

I know that. I just thought I would have had one.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    If DL didn't kill Varcayn, GOD probably would have won.

But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Thanks for running this robothero/thorgot/Quoth - this game was crazy fun!

ecco the dolphin on