As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E - IC] zephyr : "[Game Activity Related Tagline Here]"

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Vandel
    Farsiac, Mountain Path
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 22

As Vandel approaches, the body explodes.

The Party
    Farsiac, Mountain Path

Vandel walks toward the corpse, carefully.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Eron ducks, and waits till the shockwave and mess subsides before going to check on Vandel.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "What was that?" Vandel exclaims, checking himself for goo and mess.

streever on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The Party
    Farsiac, Mountain Path

"What? It looks like a body to me," you feel the twinge of Arlen's words hitting your minds.

Directly in front of you, the corpse still lay on the ground, intact and rather dead-like. After Eron ducks and then notices that there was no gore around, he stops. (PArcana - Eron, Vandel) Hallucinations were the first symptom of deadstone poisoning, you realize with dread.

Just checked and Vandel's passive is 20, so he'd know that his mind is slipping and all, based off this and Eron's prior statements, etc.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Vandel frowns. "I'm starting to lose my sense of reality. Deadstone poisoning. We're going to have to get in and out quickly."

streever on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The Party
    Farsiac, Mountain Path

"Really? I couldn't tell," Arlen pings the group.

"You'll have to stay focused, the closer you get to the mine, worse you may feel. Just stay focused on the task at hand." Mari offers some words of encouragement.

Standing over the poor guy, you notice something that was even more troubling. The corpse was fresh. The sun shines off the streaks of blood left behind on one of the rocks he lay against. Judging from the splatter and positioning of the body, the man fell from a great height.

"Is this one of the miners?" Saurin asks, before muttering a silent prayer.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ewan looks up, trying to find a ledge or rock face that he would have jumped or fallen from...
    Perception: 1d20+14 30

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The Party
    Farsiac, Mountain Path

With a corpse nearby and no immediate discernible source at ground level, Ewan begins to look above to upper portions of the valley they'd been walking in. Higher up, there aren't many trees, save for a few brushes that have long died due to the rocky terrain above. (APerception Ewan, Keegan -OR- Requires DC 20) There are several large gashes along the uppermost portions of the valley walls, on both sides. The spacing of the gashes suggests something slammed into them... hard.

"May his soul come into the Raven Queen's embrace," Saurin says.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "Maybe he fell from an airship?" Keegan postulates, still looking at the body. "They haven't seemed particularly reliable around here."

Denada on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    "I imagine the rest of the airship would have fallen with him. Lets get on. This place is unhealthy."
    Perception, nature, percentile: 1d100 76 1d20+12 27 1d20+7 13

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Vandel stays silent, worried about the deadstone poisoning.
    WOW. All my low rolls. In one post.
    Percentile, athletics, endurance, perception, stealth: 1d100 82 1d20+13 14 1d20+4 7 1d20+4 7 1d20+4 15

streever on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The Party
    Farsiac, Mountain Path

"No, not at all." Saurin says as the group continues on. Daylight was quickly getting away from them, and the further into the mountains they'd climbed, the more their movements had become consumed by shadow. Fortunately, the higher altitude provided some relief from the heat and humidity of the land, and so they were able to keep a fairly good pace. As you continued to travel, you notice a few more airship bits and pieces, but you assume that it's just more of the same scenery…

Meanwhile
    Farsiac, The Ranstead

"Are you trying to crash this thing, Arlen?" Mari, strapped firmly into one of the cockpit seats, asks as the Ranstead 'lands' through a massive tree. In the viewscreens all around her, branches snap and twist out of the way. The cleric couldn't help but think how this trip would feel if the vessel wasn't a Wonder, a chariot of the gods.

"My guess is they're about there by now. We need to be there too," his voice echoes within the vessel as it weaves through the forest floor. "When we get closer, I'll tell them about that door. Being closer should make it easier to reach them. I think."

The trees part as the Ranstead breaks across a clearing and into a lake. The sky, adorned in the oranges and purples of the setting sun vanish as it sinks below the lake's surface…

The Party
    Farsiac, Farsiac Mines

By the time you arrive at the mine entrances, the sun's light longer reaches down to your position. The skies above you glow orange, and a single drift floats idly by overhead.

There were no gates at the mine's entrance. Only a simple building and several landing pads were what you could make out ahead. The interior of the was darkened, yet the ground seemed to be glowing faintly in patches. Even through all your armor you felt your skin tingling. It was quiet all around you. At least, until the sound of cicadas broke the silence…

(Encounter 11 - Roll Initiative!)

(Objectives Updated.)
    (Q: Farsiac Mines Updated.)

(SQ: Stragglers Completed! +XP)
    zeph4e_xp022511.png

You can include an ICly roll of initiative or just put it into the OOC thread. However, please be sure to verify that the stats listed for your characters in the "Unit Details" block down below are accurate. Let me know if they're not in the OOC thread.

Game Information
    Unit Details
    Eron HP: 50/50 AC: 21 F/R/W: 18/22/22 HS:7/7 AP: 1
    Action:
    Ewan HP: 67/67 AC: 22 F/R/W: 20/20/18 HS: 9/9 AP: 1
    Action:
    Keegan HP: 59/59 AC: 23 F/R/W: 18/23/20 HS: 7/7 AP: 1
    Action:
    Saurin HP: 72/72 AC: 26 F/R/W: 21/19/17 HS: 12/12 AP: 1
    Action:
    Vandel HP: 52/52 AC: 22 F/R/W: 20/19/17 HS: 7/7 AP: 1
    Action:

Current Objectives
    Primary
    Destroy the mines and escape alive!

Secondary
    Optional: Find the spy, or information about him.
    Quests
    "Smoke em out"
    So long as Premier Vacchana has possession of the Red Stars, the world of Zephyr is in jeopardy. In a matter of minutes he was able to destroy nearly all of the Zephyr Coalition's fleet of warships. The true extent of the power of the Wonder in the Premier's possession was demonstrated with the destruction of an entire drift, Foehn. This was no chance attack, as Foehn was once the location of the central command center of the Zephyr Knights, the primary fighting force of the Zephyr Coalition. Chaos and fear now dominate the world and it is only a matter of time before the Premier will be able to capitalize on this turn of events.

Though he has the tools of the Gods on his side, you have Justice on yours! Even his wife the First Lady of of Merkaba has sided with the Caretakers to help your efforts to stop him. The current location of the Premier is unknown, although you have been provided with the locations of several projects of much interest to the madman. It is believed that the destruction of these sites will ultimately force the Premier out of hiding, at which point you will be able to stop him once and for all…

[5/18/10] After retrieving and reviewing the packets, you've made the decision to head to the Farsaic mines first.
    Farsaic Mines
    As the war progressed and metals and other resources were lost at rates higher than the salvage culture could maintain, alternatives were needed. This would bring about a dramatic increase in mining in many areas of the Lands Below and even on some drifts. However, not all mines are what they seem. Based off intelligence provided to you by Lady Merkaba herself you've discovered that one of the mines under the oversight of Pharun's men has its workers digging up something unusual: deadstone.

Known to the Caretakers as "raw aether", this hazardous substance is said to be used as the source of energy for Wonders. Nestled deep within the mine's interior is a Wonder that may be able to process the material. Take this out, and you will limit his ability to power ancient devices.

[5/18/10] Concerned about the safety of the workers in the mines, you've decided to attack the mines first.

[5/24/10] You've begun to travel to the mines, arriving at the first destination along the way: underwater ruins.

[6/11/10] Having escaped some unknown horror of the deep, you've arrived at Surant. Prior to going to the next gate, you stopped to investigate a fire at a civilian settlement...

[7/21/10] …only to find that a group of monsters or worse had brutally slain the settlement's inhabitants, the trauma and brutality of the affair causing their bodies to animate into the form of a Lament. Through a a hard fight, you managed to overcome the monstrosity. But would you put it to rest?

[7/28/10] You took the time to perform the rituals necessary to bring the creature to rest. Having done that, you've ventured forward. To your surprise though, it seems that the next waypoint you've reached may just be in the Lands Above…

[9/23/10] You've arrived in the forest of the Farsiac Region.

[10/12/10] After a turbulent detour, you cautiously moved through the forest. Your deft maneuvers have allowed you to get to a village near the mines. Perhaps the elves there can provide more information.

[11/01/10] Exausted from your travels, you spend the night in the village. Nothing was better than hitting the trail with a fresh start, after all.

[12/14/10] You've arrived at the mining town that was mentioned by Katell's spy. Things here have evidently gone to hell.

[02/07/11] Realizing that the town was in ruins and the inhabitants were all dying from deadstone poisoning, you help a pilot repair his airship so that they can evacuate. Now it was time to move on.

[02/25/11] Immediately upon arrival at the mines entrance, a welcoming party has come to greet you: Black Knights
    Leveche Research Facility
    Thom Huxby, former Guild Mage is renowned as a distinguished alchemist, artificer and expert in organic transmutation. One of his prime works was the domestication and modification of various monstrous creatures. However, the man felt that his true calling lay in the weaponization of such creatures and upon his disassociation from the Mage's Guild and subsequent affiliation with the Merkaban forces he has been a very busy man.

Unable to reproduce the process which the Black Knight Wonders were created, Huxby did the next best thing; he made his own. You've already encountered the results of one of his projects in his armored kruthik. Though Lady Merkaba attempted to have his operations shut down, Premier Vacchana has provided him with his own private playground. You must put a permanent stop to his experimentation.
    Vault Excavation
    Reports from another spy indicate that Pharun has found another ancient weapons cache. The vessel, known as the "Vault" at the very least may hold a fairly sizable collection of inactive Black Knights. Highborne military intelligence states that a single Black Knight can be comparable in power and effectiveness to ten Merkaban soldiers. The brutality and ruthlessness of the Wonders is unmeasurable. As the war progressed, many of the Black Knights were damaged and the replacements that the Merkabans seem to have been able to produce are far inferior to the original production lines.

If Pharun were to get his hands on another legion of them, the results could be disastrous. Fortunately it seems that the Vault is incapable of activating its payload. As such during the past few months there has been a large scale excavation project going on. To supplement this, the Merkaban Forces had also began to build several heavy-duty warships capable of towing the Vault to an unknown location. Even though excavation and preparation for transit is nearly finished, there is still time to destroy the contents of the Vault before he can make use of it.

Template
    This is the quest template.
    Sidequests
    Settlement (Completed)
    Upon their arrival on the island of Surant, there were indications that the settlement on the island had been attacked. Not one to abandon those in need, the group has set out to investigate the settlement.
    [6/04/10] You've discovered the corpse of what may be one of the people who lived at the settlement. Another person seems to have ran off back in its general direction. The corpse seems to be about a day old, but conditions and weather on the Lands Below make it hard to determine this for sure.
    [6/11/10] Things didn't appear to be any better in the settlement. In order to investigate the area faster, you've split into groups of two.
    [7/21/10] You ran into the settlers, who appeared to have been murdered in a horrid enough way to cause their tortured flesh to rise and attack, forcing you to kill them a second time… but who would do such a thing? The visions of their demise will linger in your minds along with that question for some time.
    [7/28/10] Having pacified the Lament, you've moved on in your quest, though the question still remains…
    The Party - Farsiac: Stragglers. (Completed)
    You've discovered a group of Merkabans that seem to have been left behind in the mining town. They don't look very healthy either. A lone pilot also remains on-site, but he is injured and his airship is busted. With your assistance, the pilot was able to repair the craft and escape the village. Although it seemed that one of the poor miners did not survive.
    [12/28/10] Moved with pity toward the dying Merkabans, you have decided to help the Lieutenant repair his downed airship.
    [01/26/11] You've found the solenoid and returned to the town.
    [02/07/11] With the airship repaired, the Lieutenant is able to carry the civilians to safety.
    [02/25/11] As you travelled you discovered the corpse of a miner that may have fell from the airship. Hopefully the others made it.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    "oh great." Eron mutters. He's not sure whether he should be thankful that it's black knights instead of giant dragons, masses of burning flesh, reeking trogs, or acidic blobs, or not. It's kind of a tossup.
    Regardless, he girds his loins.
    initiative: 1d20+9 20
    22 with vandel!

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    "Look sharp, men," Vandel says quietly, convinced he is not hallucinating.
    Remember, you all get +2 to initiative.
    Initiative: 1d20+6 26

Vandel actually has:

AC 23 F 21 Ref 20 Will 20
    HP 57/57

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The Party
    Farsiac, Farsiac Mines

Round 1

Map:
    MinesExterior_E11R01A.jpg

Current Round (1)

30 - Black Knight Spectre (BKOV): (?,?) HP: 184/184
    Action: ??
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    26 - Vandel: (7,22) HP: 52/52
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    22 - Ewan: (3,18) HP: 67/67
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    22 - Eron: (5,23) HP: 50/50
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    20 - Black Knight Marauder (BKEA): (-,-) HP: 92/92
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    18 - Keegan: (3,21) HP: 54/54
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    19 - Saurin: (7,19) HP: 73/73
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    15 - Black Knight Marauder (BKER): (11,11) HP: 92/92
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    12 - Black Knight Devastator (BKSY): (-,-) HP: 110/110
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:

Zones and Other
    Template (X,Y): Who

Unit Details
    Eron HP: 50/50 AC: 21 F/R/W: 18/22/22 HS:6/7 AP: 1
    Saurin HP: 73/73 AC: 26 F/R/W: 21/19/17 HS: 12/12 AP: 1
    Vandel HP: 52/52 AC: 23 F/R/W: 21/20/20 HS: 7/7 AP: 1

Black Knight Spectre: AC: 24 F/R/W: 21/21/20
    Note: Immune sleep; Reach 2; {NA <First Bloodied> Overdrive [Target Self: +2 DEF, +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE, Sustain 2 HP]}

Black Knight Marauder: AC: 22 F/R/W: 21/21/20
    Note: Immune sleep; Reach 2; {IR <First Adjacent Enemy> Counter Strike (Enc) [Target <First Enemy Entering Adjacent Space>: Make a Basic Attack}, {NA <First Bloodied> Overdrive [Target Self: +2 DEF, +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE, Sustain 2 HP]}

Black Knight Devastator: AC: 20 F/R/W: 21/20/20
    Note: Immune sleep; Reach 2; {IR <On Critical> Counter Surge (Enc) [Target <Attacking Creature>: Make a Basic Attack | Push 1]}, {NA <First Bloodied> Overdrive [Target Self: +2 DEF, +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE, Sustain 2 HP]}

Notes, Hints, and Tips

Black Knights are very smart, and will use tactics to ambush, split and otherwise isolate enemies, while locking down the strongest of the group.

E11R01A

As the group advances in formation they see the first of the Black Knights. As you face it and it faces well, you, it extends the forearm blades from its long arms. There wasn't much light left in the area, which only seemed to make the wonder look even more fierce. Deeper within the cul-de-sac like area, there were sounds of further movement…

Bleh @ map. It's bowl shaped, but I didn't feel like redoing it the umpteenth time to properly contour/show that it. SO AH WELL.

[tiny]Beat them up guys. Go for broke! | Don't blink now. | Get ready! Triumph or Die. | Go for broke! Hey! Come On! Stand up! Go for it, man! | It all depends on your skills. Faces straight. | It's show time. Go for it. | Let's party. Faces straight. | Nobody blink. Go for broke. | You can't give it up. Triumph or die. | Only the strong will win. Which of these sides will prove this axiom today? | This is gonna be one hell of a show![/tiny]
    Next Up: Vandel
    Buffs/Debuffs:

Then: Ewan
    Buffs/Debuffs:

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Vandel moves cautiously across the battlefield. Pulse racing, heart pounding, he closes distance between the knight and himself.

Vandel Turn
    Move: 9, 16
    Standard: Ready Viper's Strike if an enemy comes within range of my reach (1 square)
    triggered attack: Viper's Strike vs AC: 1d20+14 22 1d10+8 16

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ewan moves in, flanking Vandel, keeping both blades drawn.
    Move: to (10,16)
    Ready: Twin Strike if someone comes in range.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Eron moves to keep the Black Knight on the other side of the front line, while also trying to keep himself from being the front line respective to the other hallway. He marshalls his will and slams it against the primitive intellect of the marauder. Apparently he was itching for a fight. It felt good to actually hit things again. Metaphorically speaking of course. Realizing he'd probably come to regret his battlelust he murmurs some words and a protective warding of flame surrounds him.
    Move to 8,17
    Illusory Ambush vs Will (BKER:20): 1d20+12 22 1d6+7 13
    A solid hit! BKER -2 to attack ENT (mine)
    Minor: Deploy Fire Shield

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    See next page

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The Party
    Farsiac, Farsiac Mines

Round 1

Map:
    MinesExterior_E11R01B.jpg

Current Round (1)

Buffs/Debuffs:
    26 - Vandel: (9,16) HP: 52/52
    Action: Move (7,22 -> 9,16), {Ready <On Enemy Within Range> Viper's Strike [Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss <?? Damage>]}
    Buffs/Debuffs: {Ready <On Enemy Within Range> Viper's Strike [Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss ?? Damage]}
    22 - Ewan: (10,16) HP: 67/67
    Action: Move (3,18 -> 10,16), {Ready <On Enemy Within Range> Twin Strike [Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss <?? Damage>, Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss <?? Damage>]}
    Buffs/Debuffs: {Ready <On Enemy Within Range> Twin Strike [Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss <?? Damage>, Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss <?? Damage>]}
    22 - Eron: (5,23) HP: 50/50
    Action: Move (5,23 -> 8,17), Illusory Ambush [Target BKER - 22 vs WILL 20: Hit 13 Psychic Damage | Illusory Ambush (-2 ATTK ENT:Eron)], Fire Shield (D) [Target Self: Fire Shield (Resist 10 Fire, Resist 10 Cold, {NA <On Attack>: Fire Shield [Target Attacker: <2d6+6 Fire Damage>]})]
    Buffs/Debuffs: Fire Shield (Resist 10 Fire, Resist 10 Cold, {NA <On Attack>: Fire Shield [Target Attacker: <2d6+6 Fire Damage>]})
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    18 - Keegan: (3,21) HP: 54/54
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    19 - Saurin: (7,19) HP: 73/73
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    15 - Black Knight Marauder (BKER): (11,11) HP: 79/92
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: Illusory Ambush (-2 ATTK ENT:Eron)
    12 - Black Knight Devastator (BKSY): (-,-) HP: 110/110
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:

Zones and Other

Unit Details

Note: Immune sleep; Reach 2; {NA <First Bloodied> Overdrive [Target Self: +2 DEF, +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE, Sustain 2 HP]}

Note: Immune sleep; Reach 2; {IR <First Adjacent Enemy> Counter Strike (Enc) [Target <First Enemy Entering Adjacent Space>: Make a Basic Attack}, {NA <First Bloodied> Overdrive [Target Self: +2 DEF, +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE, Sustain 2 HP]}

Note: Immune sleep; Reach 2; {IR <On Critical> Counter Surge (Enc) [Target <Attacking Creature>: Make a Basic Attack | Push 1]}, {NA <First Bloodied> Overdrive [Target Self: +2 DEF, +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE, Sustain 2 HP]}

Notes, Hints, and Tips

Black Knights are very smart, and will use tactics to ambush, split and otherwise isolate enemies, while locking down the strongest of the group.

E11R01B

The group advances forward, seeing only the one knight. Eron strikes first and hard, assailing the the Wonder with a psychic attack that seemingly answers the question of whether or not did magi-tech automatons dreamed of electronic sheep. They don't. There are sounds of further motion in the darkness of the area, though it was difficult to pinpoint the location.

Don't forget to pre-roll your readied actions~ ;p

also the map link should be working shortly.

[tiny]Beat them up guys. Go for broke! | Don't blink now. | Get ready! Triumph or Die. | Go for broke! Hey! Come On! Stand up! Go for it, man! | It all depends on your skills. Faces straight. | It's show time. Go for it. | Let's party. Faces straight. | Nobody blink. Go for broke. | You can't give it up. Triumph or die. | Only the strong will win. Which of these sides will prove this axiom today? | This is gonna be one hell of a show![/tiny]
    Next Up: Keegan
    Buffs/Debuffs:

Then: Saurin
    Buffs/Debuffs:

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "This darkness really is not helping with being able to see," Keegan says, lighting and flinging a sunrod from his pack in one smooth motion. He follows that up with a shot from his crossbow, but the sudden brightness impacts his aim.
    Move: 3,21 to 9,19
    Free/Minor: Light a sunrod and throw it in 9,14 if that's okay
    Standard: Sly Flouriiiiiish! vs. BKER's AC (1d20+13=18, 1d6+10=16) Miiiiiiss!

Denada on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The Party
    Farsiac, Farsiac Mines

Round 2

Map:
    MinesExterior_E11R02A.jpg

Previous Round (1)

Buffs/Debuffs:
    26 - Vandel: (9,16) HP: 45/52
    Action: Move (7,22 -> 9,16), {Ready <On Enemy Within Range> Viper's Strike [Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss <?? Damage>]}
    Buffs/Debuffs: {Ready <On Enemy Within Range> Viper's Strike [Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss ?? Damage]}, Enervation (Weakened ENT:BKSY)
    22 - Ewan: (10,16) HP: 57/67
    Action: Move (3,18 -> 10,16), {Ready <On Enemy Within Range> Twin Strike [Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss <?? Damage>, Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss <?? Damage>]}
    Buffs/Debuffs: {Ready <On Enemy Within Range> Twin Strike [Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss <?? Damage>, Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss <?? Damage>]}, Enervation (Weakened ENT:BKSY)
    22 - Eron: (5,23) HP: 36/50
    Action: Move (5,23 -> 8,17), Illusory Ambush [Target BKER - 22 vs WILL 20: Hit 13 Psychic Damage | Illusory Ambush (-2 ATTK ENT:Eron)], Fire Shield (D) [Target Self: Fire Shield (Resist 10 Fire, Resist 10 Cold, {NA <On Attack>: Fire Shield [Target Attacker: <2d6+6 Fire Damage>]})]
    Buffs/Debuffs: Fire Shield (Resist 10 Fire, Resist 10 Cold, {NA <On Attack>: Fire Shield [Target Attacker: <2d6+6 Fire Damage>]}), Enervation (Weakened SE <AE: Weakened ENT:BKSY>)
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    18 - Keegan: (9,19) HP: 47/54
    Action: Move (3,21 -> 9,19), Throw Sunrod [Sunrod [(9,14) Bright 20]], Sly Flourish [Target BKER - 18 vs AC 22: Miss]
    Buffs/Debuffs: Enervation (Weakened ENT:BKSY)
    19 - Saurin: (10,12) HP: 73/73
    Action: Move (7, 19 -> 7,15), Rhino Strike (Enc) [(7,15 -> 10,12) {IR BKER: Counter Strike (Enc) [Target Saurin: 18 vs AC 26: Miss]} Target BKER - *20* vs AC 22: Critical 24 Damage (+4 Critical, +8 Vanguard - 36 Total) | Marked]
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    15 - Black Knight Marauder (BKER): (11,11) HP: 47/92
    Action: Aether Strike (Enc:Aet) [Target Saurin - 25 vs AC 26: Miss]
    Buffs/Debuffs: Illusory Ambush (-2 ATTK ENT:Eron), Marked (Saurin)
    12 - Black Knight Devastator (BKSY): (17,10) HP: 110/110
    Action: Move (25,12 -> 17,10), Aether Pulse (Enc:Aet) [AB3W10 (8,17) Target Eron - 21 vs FORT 18: Hit 14 Damage | Enervation (Weakened SE <AE: Weakened ENT:BKSY>), Target Vandel - 17 vs FORT 21: Miss 7 Damage | Enervation (Weakened ENT:BKSY), Target Ewan - 16 vs FORT 20: Miss 7 Damage (+3 Wounded - 10 Total) | Enervation (Weakened ENT:BKSY), Target Keegan - 15 vs FORT 18: Miss 7 Damage | Enervation (Weakened ENT:BKSY)]
    Buffs/Debuffs:

Zones and Other
    Sunrod (9,14): Keegan - Bright 20

Current Round (2)

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Action:
    22 - Ewan: (10,16) HP: 57/67
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: {Ready <On Enemy Within Range> Twin Strike [Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss <?? Damage>, Target <Enemy> - ?? vs AC ??: Hit/Miss <?? Damage>]}, Enervation (Weakened ENT:BKSY)
    22 - Eron: (5,23) HP: 36/50
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: Fire Shield (Resist 10 Fire, Resist 10 Cold, {NA <On Attack>: Fire Shield [Target Attacker: <2d6+6 Fire Damage>]}), Enervation (Weakened SE <AE: Weakened ENT:BKSY>)
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    Action:
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    15 - Black Knight Marauder (BKER): (11,11) HP: 47/92
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: Illusory Ambush (-2 ATTK ENT:Eron), Marked (Saurin)
    12 - Black Knight Devastator (BKSY): (17,10) HP: 110/110
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:

Zones and Other

Unit Details

Notes, Hints, and Tips

E11R02A

Keegan wisely throws a sunrod as he advances, illuminating the area immediately near them. Unfortunately for the halfling, he blinds himself in the process. With the newfound light, the Wonders and area are easy to see. Directly to the east you can see another of the bulkier Black Knights, waiting in front the mines entrance. The shoulder mounted cannon that it bore flips over and begins to bear down directly upon you, sucking in little swiggly lines of light.

Meanwhile, Saurin whispers a prayer to the Raven Queen as he pushes himself into the fray yet again. Darting across the field and into the Knight's reach he delects its counter strike with his shield and brings his tratynr up towards the Wonder's torso, hard. The Black Knight shudders in place from the blow and one of its forearm blades begins to crackle with energy. It thrusts the glowing blade directly at the fighter's head, though he deflects this attack too. His shield glows red where the tip of the blade mades contact with the shield, and the glowing tendrils of energy from the attack seem to be channeled back into the Wonder. The two enter into a standoff, Saurin's eyes darting away from his mark just long enough to notice the larger Black Knight.

"Look out!" Saurin yells, just as a pulse of energies streaks just behind him. Though they're unable to dodge the attack itself, Eron takes the brunt of the attack. His arcane senses go crazy as the raw magical energies rip through him and the others, leaving the surrounding area surprisingly unharmed. When energies fade, the four feel that it has taken some of their strength with it...

Lame rolls. How many chances will I get to hit 4 of you with an AoE attack? :< It's save ends for Eron only, afterwhich its after effect is weakened ENT. Everyone else is weakened ent BKSY.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Saurin gets an MBA with +4 to damage
    Feeling his limbs go weak, Vandel practices caution and moves up behind Saurin.

He watches the Marauder's movements, and sees his guard drop slightly.

"Saurin! Strike now!" he calls out, directing his ally.
    Move:
    Move to 8, 12
    Standard:
    Commander's Strike: Saurin gets an MBA with a +4 to damage

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ewan sticks to the wall of the structure, trying to gain a tactical advantage.
    Move: (16,16)

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Eron stumbles towards the corner of the building to get some cover nearby and something to lean against. He tries to freeze the two Black Knights into place, but his senses are scrambled enough he only manages to hit one. Even that felt paltry compared to what it should be. He tries to shrug off the effects of whatever he'd been hit with, but all it does is cause him to see stars and get what he feels like is the start of a killer headache.
    Move to 10,16
    Icy Rays vs Reflex (BKER & BKSY: 21 & 22): 1d20+12 22 1d20+12 19 1d10+7 15
    BKER is hit, takes 7 damage (7.5 rounded down I assume) and is immobilized E my NT.
    Save vs Ennervate: 1d20 7
    I continue to be weak and shit.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    BKEA Delays

Next Up: Keegan

Then: Saurin
    Buffs/Debuffs:

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Taking several steps forward, Keegan tries another shot. This one misses just as badly as the first.

Denada on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The Party
    Farsiac, Farsiac Mines

Round 3

Map:
    MinesExterior_E11R03A.jpg

Previous Round (2)

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Action: Move (9,16 -> 8,12), Commander's Strike [Target Saurin: {NA Saurin: MBA [Target BKER - 33 vs AC 22: Hit 8 Damage (-4 Weakened - 4 Total) | *Bloodied* {NA BKER: Overdrive [Target Self: +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE]}]}
    Buffs/Debuffs: Pike Hedge ({OA Vandel <Enemy Enters Adj Sq, Linked>: Hedge [Target <Triggering Enemy>: Str Mod Damage]})
    22 - Ewan: (16,16) HP: 57/67
    Action: Move (10,16 -> 16,16)
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    22 - Eron: (10,16) HP: 36/50
    Action: Move (8,17 -> 10,16), Icy Rays (Enc) [Target BKER - 22 vs REF 21: Hit 15 Cold Damage (-7 Weakened -7 Total) | Icy Rays (Immobilized ENT:Eron), Target BKSY - 19 vs REF 21: Miss], Save [Enervation: Failure]
    20 - Black Knight Marauder (BKEA): (9,17) HP: 92/92
    Action: *Init Adjust (20 -> 19)*, Move (??,?? -> 9,17 {IR Vandel: Pike Hedge [Target BKEA - 19 vs AC 22: Miss, Target Self: Pike Hedge ({OA Vandel <Enemy Enters Adj Sq, Linked>: Hedge [Target <Triggering Enemy>: Str Mod Damage]})]}, Double Attack [Target Vandel - 18 vs AC 23: Miss, Target Eron - 20 vs AC 21: Miss]
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    Action: Move (9,19 -> 8,15), Sly Flourish [Target BKER - 17 vs AC 21: Miss]
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    Action: Crushing Surge [Target BKER - 21 vs AC 22: Miss | Marked]
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    15 - Black Knight Marauder (BKER): (11,11) HP: 36/92
    Action: Double Attack [Target Saurin - 17 vs AC 26: Miss, Target Saurin - 19 vs AC 26: Miss]
    Buffs/Debuffs: Marked (Saurin), *Bloodied*, Overdrive (+2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE), Icy Rays (Immobilized ENT:Eron)
    12 - Black Knight Devastator (BKSY): (14,15) HP: 110/110
    Action: Recharge [Atherics: ??], Move (17,10 -> 16,14), Double Attack [Target Ewan - 15 vs 22: Miss {IR Ewan: Unbalancing Parry [Target BKSY: Shift (16,14 -> 14,15) | CA (Ent:Ewan)]}, Target Ewan - *1* vs 22: Miss]
    Buffs/Debuffs: CA (Ent:Ewan)

Zones and Other

Current Round (3)

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: Pike Hedge ({OA Vandel <Enemy Enters Adj Sq, Linked>: Hedge [Target <Triggering Enemy>: Str Mod Damage]})
    22 - Ewan: (16,16) HP: 57/67
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    Action:
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    19 - Black Knight Marauder (BKEA): (9,17) HP: 92/92
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: Marked (Saurin), *Bloodied*, Overdrive (+2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE), Icy Rays (Immobilized ENT:Eron)
    12 - Black Knight Devastator (BKSY): (14,15) HP: 110/110
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: CA (Ent:Ewan)

Zones and Other

Unit Details

Note: Immune sleep; Reach 2; {NA <First Bloodied> Overdrive [Target Self: +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE]}

Note: Immune sleep; Reach 2; {IR <First Adjacent Enemy> Counter Strike (Enc) [Target <First Enemy Entering Adjacent Space>: Make a Basic Attack}, {NA <First Bloodied> Overdrive [Target Self: +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE]}

Note: Immune sleep; Reach 2; {IR <On Critical> Counter Surge (Enc) [Target <Attacking Creature>: Make a Basic Attack | Push 1]}, {NA <First Bloodied> Overdrive [Target Self: +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE]}

Notes, Hints, and Tips

E11R03A

Vandel commands and Saurin delivers, slamming his tratnyr directly into the portion of the Knight's armor that he'd damaged before. The Wonder shudders violently and high pitched whine comes from within it. The air around the fighter tingles from the raw energy arcing around out of the about the Wonder, which seems to have become more deadly, albeit frozen in its place from Eron's attack. Saurin's next thrust of his weapon falls short. Just behind him Keegan advances closer, hoping for success in his assault. The dirt winces in agony. Perhaps the footsteps he'd heard from behind the building or the rush of air and fire as the creature missed both Vandel and Eron with its wild swings distracted him?

Sensing an isolated target, the larger Black Knight swoops in towards Ewan, bringing down a forearm blade directly at the ranger's head. He parries the first attack with ease, and even manages to throw the wonder off its balance enough for its followup to catch nothing but dirt. Were these truly the weapons used by the Gods to wage war? The weapons that ravaged the Zephyr Coalition's forces?

... 0 and 6 on enemy attacks. >| wth.

Tofy, roll your attack and damage on field shield please.

Buffs/Debuffs:

Buffs/Debuffs:

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Interrupt!

Ewan parries the Knight, and uses the momentum of his second attack to put him up against the nearby wall, inviting Keegan to join in what will soon come to an immediate flurry of blades.
    Unbalancing Parry: provoked by BKSY missing Ewan. Slide to (14,15) and gain CA until end of my next turn.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    As the Maurader approaches, Vandel tries to keep him out of his space with a spear attack, but he misses him by a hair.

The Wonder swings wildly, and the Warlord steps back, delivering a strategic blow with his great spear. Thorns on the spear dig into his flesh, and the Wonder feels his pain magnified, as he tears a portion of armor away.
    Immediate reaction to the Maurader entering my reach:

Pike Hedge vs AC: 1d20+14 19 1d10+8 11

miss!
    but now: Whenever an enemy enters a square adjacent to you or to an ally adjacent to you, you deal damage to that enemy equal to your Strength modifier as an opportunity action. This effect lasts until the end of the encounter.

Regular Turn:
    Move:
    Shift to 9,15

Standard:
    Viper's Strike vs AC: 1d20+14 34 1d10+8 9
    CRITICAL!
    bonus critical damage: 2d6 9
    I will use my bloodclaw spear's power to take 2 damage, and in turn deal 6 to the knight.
    Total damage: 33 damage!!!!

Summary:
    Vandel in 9,15
    BKEA takes 33 damage

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Continuing his assault, Ewan drives both blades deep into the knight. It reels from his attacks, and is struck closer to the group. Ewan presses his advantage, slicing deep into the creature again, showing Keegan where the weak points are. "Now, Keegan! Before he can attack again!"
    Minor: Mark BKSY as quarry.
    Standard: Thundertusk Boar Strike vs BKSY (Action Point): 1d20+11+2 28 1d20+12+2 31 Hit! Hit! Thundertusk Boar Strike vs BKSY (DMG): 1d8+3 10 1d8+2 4 1d8 2 16 DMG Grants move of 3 spaces. Move due west (along negative X axis).
    Move: 3 spaces west, follow BKSY.
    ACTION POINT! Jaws of the Wolf vs. BKSY: 1d20+11+2 31 1d20+12+2 23 Hit! Hit! Jaws of the Wolf vs. BKSY (DMG): 1d8+3 7 1d8+2 8 1d8 7 (14)+3, (16)+3, 7 = 43 DMG

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Eron edges away from the Black Knight that swung at him. Figuring Vandel can keep it locked down he tries to help Ewan out with the big one, but succeeds only in making the ground under it slippery. He was stun unable to shrug off the effects of whatever beam he'd been hit with.
    Shift to 11,15
    Icy Terrain vs BKSY Reflex: 1d20+12 18 1d6+7 9
    Centered on 17,14
    whiff.
    Save vs Ennervate: 1d20 7
    preemptive:
    Fire Shield!: 2d6+5 10

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Keegan runs in for the kill, slips on some ice, and barely avoids chopping off his own head as his kukri bounces off the black knight's armor.
    Move: To whatever square Eron isn't in that's flanking BKSY.
    Standard: Flamboyant Strike vs. BKSY (1d20+16=17, 2d6+11=16, 2d6=11) This is going to be one of those fights.

Denada on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The Party
    Farsiac, Farsiac Mines

Round 4

Map:
    MinesExterior_E11R04A.jpg

Previous Round (3)

Buffs/Debuffs:
    26 - Vandel: (9,15) HP: 43/52
    Action: Move (9,12 -> 9,15), Viper's Strike [Target BKEA - *20* vs AC 21: Critical 18 Damage (+9 Critical, {FA Bloodclaw [Target Self: 2 Damage | +6 DMG]} - 33 Total)]
    22 - Ewan: (13,16) HP: 38/67
    Action: Hunter's Quarry (BKSY), Thundertusk Boar Strike (Enc) [Target BKSY - 28 vs AC 20: Hit 10 Damage, Target BKSY - 31 vs AC 20: Hit 4 Damage (+2 Quarry - 6 Total) | Push (14,15 -> 11,15)], Move (16,16 -> 13,16), ACTION POINT, Jaws of the Wolf (D) [Target BKSY - 31 vs AC 20: Hit 11 Damage, Target BKSY - 23 vs AC 20: Hit 14 Damage]
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    22 - Eron: (10,15) HP: 36/50
    Action: Shift (10,16 -> 10,15), Icy Terrain (Enc) [AB1W10 (10,17) {OA BKSY: Single Attack [Target Eron - 30 vs AC 21: Hit 14 Damage | {NA Eron: Fire Shield [Target BKSY: Hit 10 Fire Damage]}]} Target BKSY - 18 vs REF 20: Miss, Target BKEA - 19 vs REF 21: Miss, Icy Terrain (AB1W10 (10,7) Difficult Terrain)], Save [Enervation: Failure]
    Buffs/Debuffs: Fire Shield (Resist 10 Fire, Resist 10 Cold, {NA <On Attack>: Fire Shield [Target Attacker: <2d6+6 Fire Damage>]}), Enervation (Weakened SE <AE: Weakened ENT:BKSY>), Icy Terrain (AB1W10 (10,7) Difficult Terrain)
    18 - Keegan: (10,15) HP: 34/54
    Action: Move (9,19 -> 10,15), Flamboyant Strike [Target BKSY - *1* vs AC 20: Miss]
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    Action: Crusing Strike [Target BKER - 16 vs AC 21: Miss | Marked]
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    19 - Black Knight Marauder (BKEA): (9,17) HP: 59/92
    Action: Double Attack [Target Vandel - 21 vs AC 23: Miss, Target Keegan - 30 vs AC 23: Hit 13 Damage]
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    Action: Recharge [Aetherics: ??], Double Attack [Target Saurin - 23 vs AC 26: Miss, Target Saurin - 22 vs AC 26: Miss]
    Buffs/Debuffs: Marked (Saurin), *Bloodied*, Overdrive (+2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE)
    12 - Black Knight Devastator (BKSY): (14,15) HP: 59/110
    Action: Recharge [Aetherics: ??], Double Attack [Target Ewan - 22 vs AC 22: Hit 16 Damage (+3 Wounded - 19 Total), Target Ewan - 18 vs AC 22: Miss]
    Buffs/Debuffs: CA (Keegan <-> Ewan, Eron <-> Ewan), Quarry (Ewan)

Zones and Other
    Icy Terrain (10,7): Eron - Difficult Terrain ENT

Current Round (4)

Action: Assassin's Strike (Enc:Aet) [Target Ewan - *20* vs AC 22: Critical 27 Damage (+6 Sneak, +3 Wounded -36 Total) | *Bloodied*, Teleport (14,16 -> ??,??) | Invisible]
    Buffs/Debuffs: Invisible (24)
    26 - Vandel: (9,15) HP: 43/52
    Action:
    22 - Ewan: (13,16) HP: 2/67
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: *Bloodied*
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: Fire Shield (Resist 10 Fire, Resist 10 Cold, {NA <On Attack>: Fire Shield [Target Attacker: <2d6+6 Fire Damage>]}), Enervation (Weakened SE <AE: Weakened ENT:BKSY>), Icy Terrain (AB1W10 (10,7) Difficult Terrain SM)
    18 - Keegan: (10,15) HP: 34/54
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    19 - Black Knight Marauder (BKEA): (9,17) HP: 59/92
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: Marked (Saurin), *Bloodied*, Overdrive (+2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE)
    12 - Black Knight Devastator (BKSY): (14,15) HP: 59/110
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: CA (Keegan <-> Ewan, Eron <-> Ewan), Quarry (Ewan)

Zones and Other
    Icy Terrain (10,7): Eron - Difficult Terrain, Sustain Minor

Unit Details
    Ewan HP: 67/67 AC: 22 F/R/W: 20/20/18 HS: 9/9 AP: 0

Note: Immune sleep; Reach 2; {NA <First Bloodied> Overdrive [Target Self: +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE]}

Note: Immune sleep; Reach 2; {IR <First Adjacent Enemy> Counter Strike (Enc) [Target <First Enemy Entering Adjacent Space>: Make a Basic Attack}, {NA <First Bloodied> Overdrive [Target Self: +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE]}

Note: Immune sleep; Reach 2; {IR <On Critical> Counter Surge (Enc) [Target <Attacking Creature>: Make a Basic Attack | Push 1]}, {NA <First Bloodied> Overdrive [Target Self: +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE]}

Notes, Hints, and Tips

E11R04A

Behind, how could I? Saurin curses to himself as a flurry of activity continues to break out behind him. His attack against the Maurader that he charged in earlier is easily evaded due to his distraction. Vandel, sure the situation with Saurin was undercontrol moves south regardless. He strikes hard and true against the Marauder, the chittering the Wonder makes clearly indicating its displeasure. If it had emotions, at least.

Ewan, continuing to follow his momentum delivers four massive attacks against the Devastator after knocking it off balance from its miss. This wasn't the first time he'd fought the creatures, feelings of the old war running through his mind as he orders Keegan to attack. If they gave it enough to recover, things could easily turn for the worst. Eron backs up and begins to cast an ice spell. Both ice and fire erupt from his person as he manage to at least complete his spell as the Devastator hits him. Keegan attempts to attack the Devastator, but slips along the way.

Without warning, Ewan's back bursts with pain as he's assailed by a previously unseen threat. His armor barely holds against, and he can feel the warm and familiar sensation of his blood againgst his body. The speed and intensity of the attack causes it to go almost unnoticed by the others, nor do they see where the creature went. (PPerception - Ewan) However despite the pain, the ranger's keen senses tell him the approximate location of the black Knight.

See OOC for additional notes re this last round/turn.

Ewan knows that the Spectre is located at the Red Marker. Anybody else must spend a minor action to make an active perception check against his stealth of 24.

Buffs/Debuffs:

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    A sharp noise erupts from the whistle Vandel wears around his neck, and the Zephyr forces move fluidly around the battlefield.

The Warlord steps closer to the Black Knight nearest him, to present a better target than Eron, before landing a particularly nasty blow on the large Devastator. "Take it down--focus fire!" he calls out, as he prepares for the next attack.
    Minor: Whistle of Warning to let people shift 1 for free and draw/change weapons if wanted
    Move: Shift 1 to 9,16
    Standard: Lead the Attack vs AC: 1d20+16 22 3d10+8 21
    22 hits, for 21 damage: and all allies gain +5 to hit until end of my next turn

BKSY is at 38/110

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ewan hears the whistle and grips both swords tighter and dances to his right a couple feet. He then continues his relentless assault on the knight, raking both blades savagely across the weak spots in its armor. After his attack, noticing that the knight is starting to "bleed" quite heavily, Ewan glances behind him and takes a defensive stance with his eyes wide open.
    Shift north 1 space
    Std - Claws of the Griffon (31 DMG)
    Minor - 2nd Wind
    Move - Abstain

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Eron slips around Vandel as he whistles to get some clearance. As Ewan lands some solid blows on the Black Knight, Eron creates a flurry of knives that tear at the holes in it's armor. He smiles in satisfication as they do their work and the Wonder begins to deactivate. He backs up a few more steps and tries to shake off the persistent weakness that has plagued him since he'd been hit.
    Shift north 1
    Cloud of Daggers vs Reflex (BKSY 20): 1d20+19 38 1d6+7 8
    Good thing my min is sufficient...
    Move to 6,13
    Befriending the RNG: 1d20 2
    It didn't work, still enervated.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Keegan leaves the big wonder to its fate, and circles around to flank the one harassing Saurin. With a few quick slices of his blade, he sends that one to the ground. "Nighty knight," he says, clearly very amused with himself.
    Free: Shift to 9,15.
    Move: 9,15 to 12,10.
    Standard: Sly Flourish vs. BKER (1d20+21=25, 1d6.minroll(2)+11=16, 2d6=6) Hit! 22 damage.
    Action Point: Sly Flourish vs. BKER (1d20+23=42, 1d6.minroll(2)+11=13, 2d6=8) Hit! 21 damage. BKER is dead.

Denada on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The Party
    Farsiac, Farsiac Mines

Round 5

Map:
    MinesExterior_E11R05A.jpg

Previous Round (4)

Action: Assassin's Strike (Enc:Aet) [Target Ewan - *20* vs AC 22: Critical 27 Damage (+6 Sneak, +3 Wounded -36 Total) | *Bloodied*, Teleport (14,16 -> ??,??) | Invisible]
    Buffs/Debuffs: Invisible (24)
    26 - Vandel: (10,15) HP: 43/52
    Action: Whistle of Warning (D) [CB5 (9,15) {FA Ewan: Shift (13,16 -> 13,15)}, {FA Eron: Shift (10,15 -> 9,14)}, {FA Keegan: Shift (10,15 -> 9,15)}], Shift (9,15 -> 10,15), Lead the Attack (D) [Target BKSY - 22 vs AC 20: Hit 21 Damage | *Bloodied*, Target Self: Lead the Attack (Aura 5, Allies: +5 ATTK vs BKSY ENT)]
    Buffs/Debuffs: Pike Hedge ({OA Vandel <Enemy Enters Adj Sq, Linked>: Hedge [Target <Triggering Enemy>: Str Mod Damage]}), Lead the Attack (Aura 5, Allies: +5 ATTK vs BKSY ENT)
    22 - Ewan: (13,15) HP: 18/67
    Action: Claws of the Griffon (Enc) [Target BSKY - 34 vs AC 20: Hit 19 Damage (+3 Quarry - 22 Total), Target BKSY - 23 vs AC 20: Hit 9 Damage], Second Wind [-1 HS, +16 HP, +2 DEF SNT]
    Buffs/Debuffs: *Bloodied*, Second Wind (+2 DEF SNT)
    22 - Eron: (6,13) HP: 36/50
    Action: Cloud of Daggers [AB0W10 (11,15), Target BKSY - 38 vs REF 20: Hit 8 Force Damage (-4 Weakened - 4 Total), Cloud of Daggers], Move (9,14 -> 6,13), Save [Enervation: Failure]
    Buffs/Debuffs: Fire Shield (Resist 10 Fire, Resist 10 Cold, {NA <On Attack>: Fire Shield [Target Attacker: <2d6+6 Fire Damage>]}), Enervation (Weakened SE <AE: Weakened ENT:BKSY>), Cloud of Daggers [(11,15) Target <Creature ST, Enter>: 3 Force Damage ENT]
    18 - Keegan: (9,15) HP: 34/54
    Action: Move (9,15 -> 12,10), Sly Flourish [Target BKER - 25 vs AC 22: Hit 16 Damage (+6 Sneak - 22 Damage)], ACTION POINT, Sly Flourish [Target BKER - 42 vs AC 22: Hit 13 Damage (+8 Sneak - 21 Damage) | *BKER KO'd*]
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    18 - Saurin: (10,16) HP: 73/73
    Action: Charge [(10,12 -> 10,16) Target BKEA - 28 vs AC 22: Hit 10 Damage (+3 Vanguard - 13 Total) {NA BKEA: Overdrive [Target Self: +2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE]} | Marked]
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    18 - Black Knight Marauder (BKEA): (9,17) HP: 46/92
    Action: Recharge [Aetherics: ??], Aether Strike (Enc:Aet) [Target Saurin - 24 vs AC 26: Miss]
    Buffs/Debuffs: Marked (Saurin), *Bloodied* Overdrive (+2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE)
    15 - Black Knight Marauder (BKER): (11,11) HP: -7/92
    Action: *DEAD*
    Buffs/Debuffs: *DEAD*

12 - Black Knight Devastator (BKSY): (14,15) HP: 0/110
    Action: {NA Eron: Cloud of Daggers [Target BKSY: Hit 3 Damage *BKSY KO'd*]}

Zones and Other

Current Round (5)

Buffs/Debuffs: *Fled*

26 - Vandel: (10,15) HP: 43/52
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: Pike Hedge ({OA Vandel <Enemy Enters Adj Sq, Linked>: Hedge [Target <Triggering Enemy>: Str Mod Damage]}), Lead the Attack (Aura 5, Allies: +5 ATTK vs BKSY ENT)
    22 - Ewan: (13,15) HP: 18/67
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: *Bloodied*, Second Wind (+2 DEF SNT)
    22 - Eron: (6,13) HP: 36/50
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: Fire Shield (Resist 10 Fire, Resist 10 Cold, {NA <On Attack>: Fire Shield [Target Attacker: <2d6+6 Fire Damage>]}), Enervation (Weakened SE <AE: Weakened ENT:BKSY>), Cloud of Daggers [(11,15) Target <Creature ST, Enter>: 3 Force Damage ENT]
    18 - Keegan: (9,15) HP: 34/54
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    18 - Saurin: (10,16) HP: 73/73
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs:
    18 - Black Knight Marauder (BKEA): (9,17) HP: 46/92
    Action:
    Buffs/Debuffs: Marked (Saurin), *Bloodied* Overdrive (+2 ATTK, +1 DMG DIE)
    15 - Black Knight Marauder (BKER): (11,11) HP: -7/92

12 - Black Knight Devastator (BKSY): (14,15) HP: 0/110

Zones and Other

Unit Details
    Ewan HP: 67/67 AC: 22 F/R/W: 20/20/18 HS: 8/9 AP: 0

Notes, Hints, and Tips

E11R05A

Vandel blows into his whistle, triggering a rally of attacks and assaults that just about rout the Black Knight unit. But despite their success here, Saurin couldn't help but feel dread. His eyes flit toward the entrance of the mine, hoping that the sound of the whistle wouldn't echo deeply throughout its interior. His attention on that is snapped though after Keegan two shots the Black Knight that he had immediately engaged. He looks at the halfing smiling at himself after uttering his line, and charges south to engage the nearest visible target. His tratnyr hits its mark, its response clearly showing that he hurt it, bad. Its easily deflected but flashy counter attack cause his mind to go back to that one thought: this was all too easy.

Meanwhile...
    Farsiac, Farsiac Mines

"Nighty Knight?" Keegan's words are heard by those in the Ranstead as his attack obliterates the Black Knight.

"Honestly, what's with that halfling?" Mari shakes her head as she watches the battle unfold on the console up front. The simple projection flickered heavily, but it was better than nothing. The Ranstead continued to speed along to its destination, though only the changing of scenery on display was the only indicator of its movements. On the console, there seemed to be just one remaining red marker on the field, with blue ones representing the party. Blips seemed to flash over one of them, whom she assumed was Ewan.

"Maybe he doesn't like kittens," Arlen's voice cut over the speakers. Mari had a feeling where this was going. "I mean, every time someone makes a horrible pun, the gods kill a kitten, right?"

The kitten let out a scared mew.

Buffs/Debuffs:

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Maneuvering around the Black Knight, Vandel gets himself into position to coordinate his next strike with Saurin. Feinting with his great spear, he distracts the Knight long enough for Saurin to get in another grievous blow.
    Move:
    8,19 without OAs

Free: use the spot opposite Saurin for flanking (I have the feat that lets me select a spot adjacent to myself for flanking purposes while wielding a reach weapon)

Standard:
    Saurin Melee Basic Attack vs AC (With CA, +4 from Commander's Strike): 1d20+16 24 1d10+12 19

Saurin hits AC 22 with a 24, dealing 19 damage

Summary:
    Vandel in 8,19
    Black Knight at 27/92

streever on