Options

Jump Ultimate Stars

• Options
    Thoughtless MuseThoughtless Muse Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Svevin wrote:
    Skimmed through the thread, but didn't find anything on it. How does the wi-fi work on this game? Do you only get to play with friend coded people, or is there some random matchmaking as well? If there is, they are mostly going to be with people in japan. So how is the lag on that? Actually, how is the lag period?

There is random matchmaking. Lag is pretty much non-existant.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    RonenRonen Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Woot, my copy is on its way home from Japan (girlfriend is delivering it by hand :) ). Once I get it I'll have to commence the unlocking.

That said, I've skimmed a few of the previous pages, but what's the overall consensus on the new koma unlocking system? Better? Worse?

Ronen on
    Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • Options
    StriderEdgeStriderEdge Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ronen wrote:
    Woot, my copy is on its way home from Japan (girlfriend is delivering it by hand :) ). Once I get it I'll have to commence the unlocking.

That said, I've skimmed a few of the previous pages, but what's the overall consensus on the new koma unlocking system? Better? Worse?

I'd say better. You get to evolove the komas you want to evolve rather then having to takes whats given to you. Also no crazy ass matching up of incomplete koma panels. Though even after getting everything from story mode you'll have to grind some of the jewels to unlock everything.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Svevin wrote:
    Skimmed through the thread, but didn't find anything on it. How does the wi-fi work on this game? Do you only get to play with friend coded people, or is there some random matchmaking as well? If there is, they are mostly going to be with people in japan. So how is the lag on that? Actually, how is the lag period?

There is random matchmaking. Lag is pretty much non-existant.

That is excellent to hear.

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm playing the shit out of this right now.

Nami is a goddess.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Fuck Renji, SERIOUSLY.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Fuck Renji, SERIOUSLY.

His Bankai in multiplayer is a real pain in the ass, it keeps on going and going, I went head to head with it last night with Goku's leveled up special move and Zabimaru eventually broke through the energy beam and kocked the heck out of me.

That being said, I noticed that there is a delay between summoning the sword snake thing and when it shoots. If you can just jump around him he's wide open for a shot to the back.

That all being said, this is the most fun I have had on WiFi in a long time. More local people need to pick this up for some of the best fighting on the DS there is.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Are you guys playing the old one or has the new one come out already? If so, where's the best place to buy it?

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Are you guys playing the old one or has the new one come out already? If so, where's the best place to buy it?

1) New one, Jump Ultimate Stars

2) Play-Asia is where I got mine.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I suggest YesAsia. $44.99 + free shipping.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-games/pid-1004535358/

Though if you like Play-Asia better for some reason it's only like $5 more there.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    So despite my grudging dislike for Sasuke as a character, playing with his 7 koma is ALOT of fun. Him and 6 koma Naruto are tearing it up in MP for me.

FRIEND CODE!

LightReaper on
  • Options
    edited December 2006

Though if you like Play-Asia better for some reason it's only like $5 more there.

is it worth it? I haven't played the first one and I don't watch a lot of anime. They got the Eric Brothers from Full Metal Alchemist?

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006

is it worth it? I haven't played the first one and I don't watch a lot of anime. They got the Eric Brothers from Full Metal Alchemist?

Not based on anime, it's all jump manga (with a few exceptions). No Elric Brothers. Hard to say if it's worth it if you're not into manga, it's without a doubt a great game one way or another from everything I've seen, but plenty of the fun comes from recognizing the characters.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    FUCK those two characters who attack with a guy that comes out of them. SO FUCKING CHEAP.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    Eliot DuboisEliot Dubois Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

Not based on anime, it's all jump manga (with a few exceptions). No Elric Brothers. Hard to say if it's worth it if you're not into manga, it's without a doubt a great game one way or another from everything I've seen, but plenty of the fun comes from recognizing the characters.

I'm able to pick out a lot of the characters, so I have fun with it on that level, but a ton of my anime/manga hating friends love JSS. Why? Because it is 2D portable Smash Brothers. This one is online, and awesome. It is totally worth it.

Eliot Dubois on
    laliban.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006

I'm able to pick out a lot of the characters, so I have fun with it on that level, but a ton of my anime/manga hating friends love JSS. Why? Because it is 2D portable Smash Brothers. This one is online, and awesome. It is totally worth it.

hmm, sounds like a buy to me. I'll sleep on it.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I broke down and decided to order this today.

Hopefully I should have it by the end of next week.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    FUCK those two characters who attack with a guy that comes out of them. SO FUCKING CHEAP.

Jojo & Dio?

And my copy STILL hasn't arrived. :x

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    mikecantypemikecantype Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bald man with moustache in black top and white bottom, mission 9 of the X tower. Who is he? What series? And where do I get him?

Bah I thought Sasuke (Naruto) had some sort of super awesome 9 koma seeing as there was something to evolve to after his 8 (not branched off - straight after the 8 koma), turned out just to be another 8 koma of a different nature.

Premade decks, anyone figure out how you get them and how many there are? I have 56 so far.

EDIT: Zython, Captain Bravo = win. Just watched that episode.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    LehmanLehman Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Just bought this. Is the japanese in the game going to hinder my experience with it?

Lehman on
    Xbox Live: LehmanCM
    SteamID: steamcommunity.com/id/lehmancm/
    BnS: Draggan (Server:Poharan)
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Lehman wrote:
    Just bought this. Is the japanese in the game going to hinder my experience with it?

Not really after about an hour you'll have the menus down. The only thing that has a barrier is is the mission objectives. Gamefaqs already has a mission guide and it seems that it is correct for every stage.

Jotaro and Dio from JoJo's Bizare Adventure or the 2 characters from Fist of the North Star level 8 komas (the insane counter that does like 110 damage)?

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    just hearing that Jojo and North Star characters were in the game made me expect they would be insane characters to play against.

Order has now shipped. countdown to arrival has begun.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    just hearing that Jojo and North Star characters were in the game made me expect they would be insane characters to play against.

Order has now shipped. countdown to arrival has begun.

Heh they fixed Dio's 5 koma. The steamroller attack will go through platforms now... so if done at the top of the screen you can capture quite a few people in the attack. I actually have a Dio setup that I use, rather then it being a joke deck.

Also... I found out today that Hiei can hit himself with the Dragon of the Darkness Flame which powers him up pretty significantly for about 10 seconds. Its really badass because you can still hit enemies with the dragon before hand. It raises my opinion of him even more.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I've been playing the game for the past 4 hours, and needless to say, it's totally awesome. Still lots of things I don't understand, and I've only scratched the surface of the games content and gameplay, but I fucking love it already. I started using Killua a while ago (as I'm a big HxH fan), and he's a fucking monster. Bursting with awesome attacks, he's definately my favorite character so far (Sakura isn't bad either, she does obscene damage). I should hopefully have Wifi set up tomorrow, so I can be raped by people who have a far better grasp of the game than me.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    it's there a huge language barrier or no?

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006

Not really. Just use the FAQ on Gamefaqs. The only real issue I have at this point is that I don't know all of the characters and because of that I don't know what any of my 1 tile help guys do, but at this point it's a pretty minor issue, I am having plenty of fun playing anyway.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Lord Jezo wrote:

Not really. Just use the FAQ on Gamefaqs. The only real issue I have at this point is that I don't know all of the characters and because of that I don't know what any of my 1 tile help guys do, but at this point it's a pretty minor issue, I am having plenty of fun playing anyway.

I don't know what you mean by "1 tile" but i'm really considering buyign this.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Lord Jezo wrote:

I don't know what you mean by "1 tile" but i'm really considering buyign this.

Neither did I until I bought it but after putzing around in it for an hour or so I figured it all out and it was good times.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Lehman wrote:

Not really after about an hour you'll have the menus down. The only thing that has a barrier is is the mission objectives. Gamefaqs already has a mission guide and it seems that it is correct for every stage.

Jotaro and Dio from JoJo's Bizare Adventure or the 2 characters from Fist of the North Star level 8 komas (the insane counter that does like 110 damage)?
    I think they are two 6 komas, one of them has blonde hair and has the fabled "WRYYYYYYYYY" attack.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    50 online games now and no win, jesus christ the japanese can be abusing bastards sometimes.

"LOL 7 KOMA? HA I'LL JUST DO NOTHING BUT PUSH YOU AN EDGE THEN USE A SUPER THAT DOES NO DAMAGE BUT SENDS YOU FLYING".

*SO* frustrating.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    CultofWinCultofWin Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    So I think I am going to pick up this game. While my anime experience is minimal, portable 2D online smash that will never come out in america due to liscensing issues sounds most excellent. This thread hs convinced me.

Does anyone know if the game has single card multiplayer?

CultofWin on
    SegaNet.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    CultofWin wrote:
    So I think I am going to pick up this game. While my anime experience is minimal, portable 2D online smash that will never come out in america due to liscensing issues sounds most excellent. This thread hs convinced me.

Yes.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    CultofWin wrote:

Yes.

It's the same as Jump Superstars isn't it? Where each person is limited to only a few sets of cards?

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CultofWinCultofWin Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    CultofWin wrote:

Yes.

bought.

I look forward to playing some friendly games with you guys.

CultofWin on
    SegaNet.
  • Options
    RonenRonen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So my girlfriend got home from Japan with a whole suitcase full of food and goodies... and she left my Jump Ultimate Stars at her parent's house in California. :(

Luckily her friend is flying from there to NY tomorrow, so she's bringing it for me. Can't wait!

Ronen on
    Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Ronen wrote:
    So my girlfriend got home from Japan with a whole suitcase full of food and goodies... and she left my Jump Ultimate Stars at her parent's house in California. :(

Luckily her friend is flying from there to NY tomorrow, so she's bringing it for me. Can't wait!

Do you want me to uppercut her in the chin?

I'll do it.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    3rdrocket3rdrocket Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    50 online games now and no win, jesus christ the japanese can be abusing bastards sometimes.

"LOL 7 KOMA? HA I'LL JUST DO NOTHING BUT PUSH YOU AN EDGE THEN USE A SUPER THAT DOES NO DAMAGE BUT SENDS YOU FLYING".

*SO* frustrating.
    OH good it isnt just me!

Yeah I almost always almost win. I got sudden death Zoro vs Dio.

I was beating the shit out of dio then he finds one move that I have to keep dancing off of so I dont fall off the edge and die. That spamming killed me. asshole.

edit:

here is my friend code.

3rdrocket on
    civilwarTR.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    3rdrocket wrote:

*SO* frustrating.
    OH good it isnt just me!

I was beating the shit out of dio then he finds one move that I have to keep dancing off of so I dont fall off the edge and die. That spamming killed me. asshole.
    FRIEND CODE.

NOW.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    3rdrocket3rdrocket Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    3rdrocket wrote:

*SO* frustrating.
    OH good it isnt just me!

FRIEND CODE.

NOW.
    just edited it in. I added you already.

3rdrocket on
    civilwarTR.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Start searching for a friend game...

LightReaper on