Options

The All Encompassing X-Thread: OP's x-gene activated

• Options
    DreamonDreamon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Its kinda complicated.

Lets say he was around 45 when the Messiah Complex events occured. Hope was a baby back then and now she is like 16. Ok So he is still around 45 years old.

Dreamon on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    :^:

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I don't think anyone at Marvel cares how old Cable is supposed to be anymore.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    How old are any of them?

I mean, Monet can't be older than 20, logically speaking, and yet she's continually drawn as though she's in her late twenties (and white, but that's a different topic), Jubilee goes from 17 to 30 pretty regularly, etc.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    How old does half a robot need to be, anyway?

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So it looks like the Second Coming storyline goes through Uncanny and New Mutants. I guess the true purpose for New Mutants is to provide space for event stories but that might not be all bad as long as SC is really good.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    How old are any of them?

I mean, Monet can't be older than 20, logically speaking, and yet she's continually drawn as though she's in her late twenties (and white, but that's a different topic), Jubilee goes from 17 to 30 pretty regularly, etc.

Comic age is always dodgey but Cable's often spent bounced around different time periods without it being addressed, and when he spends a comic alongside someone who is explicitly shown to be aging ~16 years or so over time and he isn't you've gotta wonder if they're even bothering anymore.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    How old are any of them?

Comic age is always dodgey but Cable's often spent bounced around different time periods without it being addressed, and when he spends a comic alongside someone who is explicitly shown to be aging ~16 years or so over time and he isn't you've gotta wonder if they're even bothering anymore.
    Well, maybe part of his powerset is slowed or stalled aging.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited January 2010
    What are Cable's current powers anyway? When he popped into the future at the end of Messiah Complex I think he was still using his infonet/forcefield substitutes for his TK/TP, but during Messiah War and what little I've read of Cable he didn't seem to have them anymore.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Maybe when Cable was growing up they gave him future anti-aging drugs. Hey, if Fury & Co can have it now in the present...

Personally I'd peg Monet and Jubilee (:winky:) as being around 23-24, which doesn't seem far off. Last age given for that group that I recall was when they said Husk was 18, and that was a long time ago, and M/Jubes could certainly be a year or two older than her.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Making her 18 was just their way of making it legal for Angel to bang her. She probably reverted to 16 as soon as he pulled out.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Making her 18 was just their way of making it legal for Angel to bang her. She probably reverted to 16 as soon as he pulled out.

That produces all sorts of disturbing and strange mental images.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Marvel has in the past copped to using a very loose and sliding age structure for their characters. Last I had heard most of the main roster X-men ie; Cyclops, Emma, Beast, etc... are in their very early 30's.

This places New Mutants at about 25 and the slightly younger players like Monet and Jubiliee at 20-21.

Cable I have no clue, as they have de-aged and re-aged him already once and toss him around in the time stream with regularity. I assume he is actually very old- like 60 and that the future tech/ nano virus keep him looking like his late 40's (despite white hair ) and fighting like he is in his prime.

And of course Wolverine is anywhere from 80 to 1000 ....lol

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Marvel has in the past copped to using a very loose and sliding age structure for their characters. Last I had heard most of the main roster X-men ie; Cyclops, Emma, Beast, etc... are in their very early 30's.

This places New Mutants at about 25 and the slightly younger players like Monet and Jubiliee at 20-21.

Cable I have no clue, as they have de-aged and re-aged him already once and toss him around in the time stream with regularity. I assume he is actually very old- like 60 and that the future tech/ nano virus keep him looking like his late 40's (despite white hair ) and fighting like he is in his prime.

And of course Wolverine is anywhere from 80 to 1000 ....lol

That's what I buy, basically. Scott and Emma are at 30, Beast is maybe 32, Bobby is probably 27-28.

This also would make characters like Reed, Ben and Sue from the FF around 38-40.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Scooter wrote: »
    Maybe when Cable was growing up they gave him future anti-aging drugs. Hey, if Fury & Co can have it now in the present...

Personally I'd peg Monet and Jubilee (:winky:) as being around 23-24, which doesn't seem far off. Last age given for that group that I recall was when they said Husk was 18, and that was a long time ago, and M/Jubes could certainly be a year or two older than her.
    Wasn't Jubilee the youngest of Gen-X? I think they turned her 16 during that series, but it's been way too long for me to remember with any certainty. She was drawn that way for ages after Gen-X, too, until she lost her powers and hit middle age all of a sudden.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

So . . . as long as he was having sex with her she was legal? This poses an interesting argument one could levy at police when caught for statutory violations.

"Honestly officer, she was 18 the whole time I was inside her!"

As for Cable's aging, Peter Parker is one of Marvel's oldest characters, yet he's still in his early thirties at the latest. It's just comic book aging, the characters only get old if it serves some form of plot.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It would make sense to just let them all be under James Bond aging, that is they never age (much) but the times change, man.

And you just bump up things like Tony being captured in Afghanistan instead of Vietnam, or do soft reboots like X-Men First Class is where it just modernizes but doesn't get rid of past stories.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, really with Cable they can't handwave it so much, he raised a baby until she is currently about 15 or 16, he has to be like 60+. Of course they could just say since he's from the future and so powerful he lives longer, but this is a hard one to ignore.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    kdrudy wrote: »
    Well, really with Cable they can't handwave it so much, he raised a baby until she is currently about 15 or 16, he has to be like 60+. Of course they could just say since he's from the future and so powerful he lives longer, but this is a hard one to ignore.

of course, cable's also the son of a man who looks 20 years younger than him

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cable looked really old when he first showed up in New Mutants, too and then got a bit younger for his later appearances. If you really want to dig, you can come up with reasons that he ages slower than others - he was given Askani anti-tech medicine, he was trapped in Greymalkin and lost in the time stream for a while, he's constantly using his telekinetic powers to strengthen every cell of his body to fight the tech virus, he's had his DNA merged with Deadpool, his body has become completely techno-organic at times and he's had to regrow it, etc. While it's never been said that any of this changed the way he aged, it could be.

Or you could just say it's a comic book and enjoy the cyborg dude from the future shooting people in the balls.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    he was trapped in Greymalkin
    I don't know what the hell I was thinking, but I completely thought you meant the mutant Greymalkin and had a very interesting image in my head.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Servo wrote: »
    kdrudy wrote: »

of course, cable's also the son of a man who looks 20 years younger than him

Depending on the artist Cable sometimes doesn't look like he's out of his 30's save his white/silver hair.

I have to say this post coulda/shoulda been entered into the Guilty Pleasures thread since discussing the time waster that is "aging in comics" is one of mine. GPs that is.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    JombalayaJombalaya Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Olivetti drew a pretty good "old" Cable when he and Hope were hiding out in New Liberty.

Jombalaya on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned here yet but Holy shit was Wolverine: Weapon X #9 all sorts of fucked up in a good way. Dr. Rot is the most interesting Wolverine villain to come around in a long time.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Teasers for upcoming X-stories, with so pretty Acuna art:

1263845317.jpg

1264441260.jpg

But going by past Marvel teasers nothing on the teaser will actually be in the book hurp durp.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    kill cyclops and turn him and jean grey into ghost detectives

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oooh. I love Cyke's look on those pieces. The simple black with gold piping really works for him. I'll even give him points on the arm/leg bands. Even through I usually loath them.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i really dislike that costume. i think its the latex-head that makes it look retarded.

PantheraOnca on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Please don't be Emma that dies, she's a member of the X-Men I actually like, plus she interacts with the rest of the Universe on occasion...

Solar on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    kill cyclops and turn him and jean grey into ghost detectives

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It would be kinda cool if Cyclops died, everything goes black and then he wakes up in the afterlife with Jean in some sexy undies, and Cyke's all like "YEAH!" That would be pretty funny.

Solar on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm all up for a return of Magneto running the X-Men. It'd make them 'hunted and feared' again; the rest of the super hero community isn't likely to take too kindly to Magneto after HoM.

They won't kill Magneto, he's too much a main stay of the X-Universe. They need him as the big bad for every couple years (in the interim he's usually an ally).

When they say 'One will Die', it doesn't necessarily mean Cyclops, Emma, or Magneto will die. My money is on Beast dying.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    I'm all up for a return of Magneto running the X-Men. It'd make them 'hunted and feared' again; the rest of the super hero community isn't likely to take too kindly to Magneto after HoM.

They won't kill Magneto, he's too much a main stay of the X-Universe. They need him as the big bad for every couple years (in the interim he's usually an ally).

When they say 'One will Die', it doesn't necessarily mean Cyclops, Emma, or Magneto will die. My money is on Beast dying.

How can you say that?! Beast is cute blue puppy dog of the X-men! That's like saying your betting a kitten is skinned alive.

Yes it is exactly like saying you bet a kitten is skinned alive.

Anyway I like Beast. <3 And I would enjoy seeing Magneto lead and Scott die. But I bet Magneto dies and Emma leads. I'm basing this on Jack and Shit fyi.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    kitty comes back to be killed again in record time

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Magneto has just come back, he's not going anywhere soon.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Magneto might not

But Joseph might

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    *sigh* Of course TLB would bring up a clone...

Next he'll be proclaiming his Ben Reily love

cshadow42 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Speaking of Ben Reily love, anyone read that recent Spider-man & X-Men team-up that spanned a few time periods?

cshadow42 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If Jean comes back in Second Coming you kill off Emma because you have to make Scott and Jean together again, and also to just flip the bird to the last remaining piece of Morrison's run.
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Speaking of Ben Reily love, anyone read that recent Spider-man & X-Men team-up that spanned a few time periods?

I heard good things about it. And outside of that mini the only time Reilly met with the X-Men was in one issue of Uncanny right after Onslaught (I'm cleaning out my collection so I'll post the scans later).

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you telling me you don't love Ben Reilly, cshadow?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
This discussion has been closed.