As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The American Presidency: I <3 them so much

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ....what demo likes shotgun weddings again?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A runaway groom situation would be hilarious, especially if the secret service tackled him before he could make it out of the church.

Runaway bride would be hilarious as well, though obviously you can't tackle her.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have to wonder, though, how much a wedding would actually influence voters - I mean, is it going to make anybody vote for the ticket that otherwise wouldn't have? Everyone seems to be making the prediction that Palin will be an afterthought after this thursday; I'm not sure if a big TV wedding would change that, not if the media narrative is already set against her (which, right now, it undeniably is).

Duffel on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Its not about winning votes, its about distraction

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    Re: Georgia as a part of the new confederate union.

Most of the piedmont region would probably separate from Georgia and ally with the saner parts of the country.

edit: See if you can guess which region I'm talking about.

Atlanta can be the new West Berlin!

Don't expect any airdrops.

All air traffic goes through Atlanta.

MKR on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Why would having her get married on TV increase the ticket's popularity?

Couscous on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ....what demo likes shotgun weddings again?
    The insane fundies demographic. Which is already voting republican, anyway.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Its not about winning votes, its about distraction

Distraction only works when you're in the lead and trying to play out the clock. They need something that will sink Obama's poll numbers by 5-8 points.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    What the fuck is this shit, man? We are not taking Florida-lite. Arizona goes with Texas and New Mexico.
    You are lucky, I have to take Florida full flavor/
    Hey, if the rest of the New Confederacy wants to kick Florida out to be their own little country, I don't think there's anyone on the planet who would blame them.

Except maybe Floridians, but really, they made their bed; they can lay in it.

Florida shall fend for it's self.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    The insane fundies demographic. Which is already voting republican, anyway.
    See I think half that demo are guys and very few guys I know have positive associations with shotgun weddings....

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Speaker wrote: »
    usa_color.gif

United States - pah. Let's break it up.

I vote the Northeast become the Atlantic Commonwealth.
    What the fuck is this shit, man? We are not taking Florida-lite. Arizona goes with Texas and New Mexico. And shouldn't Hawaii be with California, and Alaska be with Washington? I mean, a shitload of the people who work in Alaska maintain homes in Washington, and a lot of people maintain split their time between the two states. My bank is based in Alaska.
    Well, I agree with you on Hawaii inclusion and Arizona possible exclusion, but I think the PRA is never going to accept Alaska in its ranks after it saw Alaska someone so inept as Sarah Palin as governor.

Rent on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Rent wrote: »
    usa_color.gif

What the fuck is this shit, man? We are not taking Florida-lite. Arizona goes with Texas and New Mexico. And shouldn't Hawaii be with California, and Alaska be with Washington? I mean, a shitload of the people who work in Alaska maintain homes in Washington, and a lot of people maintain split their time between the two states. My bank is based in Alaska.
    Well, I agree with you on Hawaii inclusion and Arizona possible exclusion, but I think the PRA is never going to accept Alaska in its ranks after it saw Alaska someone so inept as Sarah Palin as governor.

But...but...oil! Milkshake!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There are only a few hundred thousand people in Alaska. They could just all be killed and replaced.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Couscous wrote: »
    There are only a few hundred thousand people in Alaska. They could just all be killed and replaced by robots.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    usa_color.gif

Florida-lite?

That's soooooooooooo not even close to an accurate description of Arizona.

We have sooooooooooo much more meth.

Also our Cubans are Mexicans. And we don't have the fundies, just crazy-ass retarded individualists, and our governor is a rocking cool Democrat that supported Obama from the beginning, despite being basically the definition of the Hilary Demographic.

Our delegation just sucks a little. But we're doing better. I swear.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So Steve Schmidt, head of the McCain campaign, is on Meet The Press accusing the Obama campaign of engaging in "the politics of dishonesty"...because they point out that the McCain campaign is lying.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    As a citizen of Boulder, CO, might I suggest Boulder/Longmont area be separated into its own little nation or perhaps bunched in with the yellow?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    As a citizen of Boulder, CO, might I suggest Boulder/Longmont area be separated into its own little nation or perhaps bunched in with the yellow?

A sovereign nation needs more agricultural production than just marijuana farms.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

A sovereign nation needs more agricultural production than just marijuana farms.
    No we don't.

Rent on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

No we don't.

That's true. Recent studies have shown that you can live off of nothing but marijuana until the day you die.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    reVerse wrote: »

No we don't.

That's true. Recent studies have shown that you can live off of nothing but marijuana until the day you die.
    Well you can live off of any one thing you want until the day you die, really, provided you're ok with that day being in your immediate future.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh, so that's why Arizona is being grouped with us.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    reVerse wrote: »

No we don't.

Unfortunatly, we would also have to take the entire middle of america, or otherwise our McDonalds will run dry of hamburgers and french fries....

and milkshakes...
    i drink your milkshake

Jokerman on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008

Err... cannabis doesn't grow very well in Boulder's climate. It grows pretty well in southern Colorado, but not here. So, we don't even grow that. And that's why I'm suggesting we get grouped in with the yellow nation. We'd be right at home with their kind. Hell, half of Boulder is from the yellow area (fucking Californication). But, if that isn't possible, obviously Boulder could maintain a strong economy through the export of SCIENCE!!!

PS: I'm just loathe that you group us with that group of retards in the grey areas. Boulder/Longmont is the most highly education area in the nation and you're letting Idaho have us? I figured you would want us a little more. :( *sniff*

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You know, I might have suggested that Arizona be included if only because the presence of In-n-Out Burger linked their fortunes with California.

But then I found out there's one in Utah, and there's no way I'd force you guys to take on that reeking pit of fundie-dom. On the other hand, the In-n-Out in Utah appears to be on the far southwest corner, so maybe we could simply carve that out and leave the rest, so that the In-n-Out empire remains unbroken.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Why so secessionist?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    Why so secessionist?
    :x

Delzhand on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2008

Err... cannabis doesn't grow very well in Boulder's climate. It grows pretty well in southern Colorado, but not here. So, we don't even grow that. And that's why I'm suggesting we get grouped in with the yellow nation. We'd be right at home with their kind. Hell, half of Boulder is from the yellow area (fucking Californication). But, if that isn't possible, obviously Boulder could maintain a strong economy through the export of SCIENCE!!!

PS: I'm just loathe that you group us with that group of retards in the grey areas. Boulder/Longmont is the most highly education area in the nation and you're letting Idaho have us? I figured you would want us a little more. :( *sniff*

Personally, I'd set Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Nevada as the great Southwestern Alliance and make Texlahoma it's own (shitty) thing.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    mcdermott wrote: »
    You know, I might have suggested that Arizona be included if only because the presence of In-n-Out Burger linked their fortunes with California.

But then I found out there's one in Utah, and there's no way I'd force you guys to take on that reeking pit of fundie-dom. On the other hand, the In-n-Out in Utah appears to be on the far southwest corner, so maybe we could simply carve that out and leave the rest, so that the In-n-Out empire remains unbroken.
    Isn't the In-N-Out franchise pretty fundie, though? I mean, they're of the pleasant, friendly fundie variety but still. (Fuck, I'm Catholic anyways so I don't really care :P).
    In any case, I think crazy fundamentalism would be much more palatable to the West Coast if they gave us delicious burgers and fries after promising to get rid of those damn homos lolol.

Rent on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    Isn't the In-N-Out franchise pretty fundie, though? I mean, they're of the pleasant, friendly fundie variety but still. (Fuck, I'm Catholic anyways so I don't really care :P).
    In any case, I think crazy fundamentalism would be much more palatable to the West Coast if they gave us delicious burgers and fries after promising to get rid of those damn homos lolol.

Chik-Fil-A has their "free Clucker for ex-gays Sundays" promotion.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Irond Will wrote: »

Personally, I'd set Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Nevada as the great Southwestern Alliance and make Texlahoma it's own (shitty) thing.
    Being that I'm currently being forced to live in Oklahoma, I'd never wish this state on anyone in any way, shape, or form.
    Also, if this happens Texlahoma will have the distinction of being the only nation that has a civil war immediately following nation status. It will also be the only nation who fights a civil war via shitty college football game.

Rent on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    As far as CO goes, CO Springs is not part of Colorado. They're their own weird bible belt state that hinders everything that Boulder and Denver tries to do.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

What? CFA is closed on Sundays for religious reasons.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Delzhand wrote: »

What? CFA is closed on Sundays for religious reasons.

Curing Gay is God's work.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Not according to Cathy it aint.

keepin that shit holy for the sabath.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hmm. Their sandwiches are pretty good. I can get a free one if I tell them I used to smoke pole and/or take it in the dumper?

Cuz, you know. Free sandwich.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    They tend to give away alotta free food guy. Like this summer I've walked in and gotten free food twice.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Also meth.

Basically Arizona would be alright if we nuked Yuma, Tucson, Apache Junction, and Scottsdale from orbit.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh my god Tina Fey repeating the interview verbatim is amazing

Funniest thing SNL has ever done wasn't written by them maybe they should be learning something from that

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Oh my god Tina Fey repeating the interview verbatim is amazing

Funniest thing SNL has ever done wasn't written by them maybe they should be learning something from that

Is there a clip up anywhere?

Robos A Go Go on
This discussion has been closed.