As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: TFU (Ultimate Sith Edition out in US on PC, check thread)

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nocren wrote: »
    i see the old TFU is consoles is $20 new, and the new sith edition is $40
    is there $20 worth of content added on the disc?

Kinda? The 2 DLC levels are... lemme check on that.
    The levels are $5 each (Hoth is only available on Sith Edition) and both character packs combined are another $5...
    So... it's roughly the same cost. Is it the same value though, that's up to you.

On 360 it's $10 a level, plus $5 per skin pack, so for $20 you get $30 worth of DLC, plus the Hoth level.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    i just find it crazy they are charging for the skins so much, it's not like they add much to the game

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    i see the old TFU is consoles is $20 new, and the new sith edition is $40
    is there $20 worth of content added on the disc?

Kinda? The 2 DLC levels are... lemme check on that.
    The levels are $5 each (Hoth is only available on Sith Edition) and both character packs combined are another $5...
    So... it's roughly the same cost. Is it the same value though, that's up to you.

On 360 it's $10 a level, plus $5 per skin pack, so for $20 you get $30 worth of DLC, plus the Hoth level.

Right... stupid microsoft money. My math was a bit off (though 800 = $5 for some reason)

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    For those who don't know there's a patch out for the PC version on Aspyr's website.
    Also there are people who were able to force AA for ATI users

Snowblindvictim on
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    -General performance optimizations
    -Optimized in game cloth handling
    -Optimized in game trees leaf handling
    -Added a detail setting to improve performance on lower end (dual core) machines
    -Addressed audio stuttering issues
    -Addressed options disappearing briefly after pressing [Esc] at the Main Menu
    -Addressed flashing placeholder text
    Fantastic!
    NOTICE:
    We have recently had reports of problems with this patch and 64bit Operating Systems. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DOWNLOADING THIS PATCH IF YOU ARE ON A 64bit OS until further notice.
    Well... shit. Nevermind, then.

Monger on
  • Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    NOTICE:
    We have recently had reports of problems with this patch and 64bit Operating Systems. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DOWNLOADING THIS PATCH IF YOU ARE ON A 64bit OS until further notice.
    Well... shit. Nevermind, then.

I didn't see that!! AH FUCK

Also what's considered "low end dual core"
    Is that even possible nowadays? :P
    Then again I'm upgrading from an AMD 64 3200+

Snowblindvictim on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Also what's considered "low end dual core"

Like I said earlier, my processor is an Intel Dual-Core. It's basically a cheap Core2 Duo with some of its cache disable that's been clocked way down. I bought it because it was $70 new and clocked back up to 3 ghz with basically no effort. Can't do anything about the cache, but I haven't ever had performance issues on any software I've ever stressed my computer with.

Force Unleashed still runs like salty ass.

Monger on
  • Options
    KivutarKivutar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    NOTICE:
    Well, there goes that then.

Kivutar on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    People complain about the ports that were made for Saint's Row 2, GTAIV, Borderlands... They're all really great compared to this. Aspyr did a really shitty job.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    wtf at the shitty port

jesus thats so bad

sad

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, I guess they were vindicated about it being way too much to run on most PCs. At least with their quality of porting

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, I'll be damned. It looks like we'll be getting a sequel for TFU: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/star-wars-spike-tv/59817

Silpheed on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm wondering. Since TFU2 is coming out and I was interested in the the original but stayed away because of all the bad feedback on glitches and stuff.

How does the Ultimate Sith Edition(360) stack up? I heard it fixed a lot of stuff and since it is only 30 bucks I might get it.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ok, so I loved the first game, so this has me excited.

The first game though did have some issues with kind of bland combat, so I hope they take what they did with the first game and expand it to make it much better.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I think the only way they can really improve upon the first mechanically is if they add a full lightsaber combat engine to the mix. How that would work, I have no idea.

EDIT: Now that the trailer has loaded.... I take it this is an Infinities game?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I think the only way they can really improve upon the first mechanically is if they add a full lightsaber combat engine to the mix. How that would work, I have no idea.
    Also proper animation cancels. And stabler control processing. And better enemy design.

Basically I want Bayonetta In Space. Well, no, I want Ninja Gaiden In Space, but I don't know that most people would be as thrilled.

Monger on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm more curious as to the story.

With how the first game ended, I'm really not sure how they will pull this off.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    EDIT: Now that the trailer has loaded.... I take it this is an Infinities game?

We'll see. After all, since Lucas gave more than a cursory look at the original, it became the highest level canon and overrode anything short of the movies

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    After watching the trailer, I'm wondering that myself. Since it looks to continue the "good" ending, which diddnt work out so well for the hero. Though the narrative between Yoda and Vader about accepting death was cool.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Monger wrote: »
    Also proper animation cancels. And stabler control processing. And better enemy design.

Basically I want Bayonetta In Space. Well, no, I want Ninja Gaiden In Space, but I don't know that most people would be as thrilled.

They patched that in after release.

Renzo on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well...
    (Spoilers from 1)
    Was he actually confirmed dead at the end? I forget if they left it ambiguous or not. And wasn't he revived once before?

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    Well...
    (Spoilers from 1)
    Was he actually confirmed dead at the end? I forget if they left it ambiguous or not. And wasn't he revived once before?

Dude he must be..
    Or did he just somehow manage to fake his own death right in front of the emperor and darth vader while they were standing over him for several minutes talking?

But it might be good maybe.. The problem with the first is that you couldn't ever do anything cool with the super physics and that was really all there was to the game.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Victim PaycheckVictim Paycheck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Environmental collision could do for an upgrade. Maps/Levels/Boards whatever kids are calling them these days could have been a little more open. The fact that points of interest glowed blue or green or red like in the Jedi Outcasts games was sort of weird and distracting. Want to play the DLC but like some one else said the combat was a tad repetitive. Sort of a problem in Jedi based games (other than Kotor where you had sith ninjas decloaking form everywhere) where you can't be constantly fighting monsters and other warriors of equal ability.

Also I want a space level. Like outside a ship. Vader did it ina comic using the force to direct himself. Like the falling level from Afro Samurai. Get on that ok?

Victim Paycheck on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    Well...
    (Spoilers from 1)

Dude he must be..
    Or did he just somehow manage to fake his own death right in front of the emperor and darth vader while they were standing over him for several minutes talking?

But it might be good maybe.. The problem with the first is that you couldn't ever do anything cool with the super physics and that was really all there was to the game.
    We don"t know where Proxy was at the very end. He's not it the final cut scene. I'd bet dollars to donuts Proxy saved Starkiller

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    more probably the next game will just take place in the gap between new hope and ESB and involve another semirandom protagonist

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Renzo wrote: »

Did they... forget to put it in the PC version? Cause it's still real clunky. Among other problems.

Monger on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    more probably the next game will just take place in the gap between new hope and ESB and involve another semirandom protagonist

...But the trailer was featuring starkiller?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    oh, I guess I should watch it then

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Victim PaycheckVictim Paycheck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    The easiest way for that to go down is if the dead body of Starkiller glitched out into the form of Proxy.

Victim Paycheck on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The easiest way for that to go down is if the dead body of Starkiller glitched out into the form of Proxy.

smells like a retcon!

I wonder if the first level will be
    a smaller rehash of the Death Star level, then when Vader and Palpatine are standing over the body, it glitches out.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

smells like a retcon!

a smaller rehash of the Death Star level, then when Vader and Palpatine are standing over the body, it glitches out.
    I was going to say, "But I thought Vader cut off Proxy's head or something." but it's a fucking robot in the Star Wars universe. So it's not like it makes a big difference.

If that's what happens, though, I will be so pissed.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Did they... forget to put it in the PC version? Cause it's still real clunky. Among other problems.

No, the game is generally clunky. I'm just talking about blocking in the middle of an attack. The attack cancels properly into a block. It didn't when the game released.

Renzo on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

smells like a retcon!

I was going to say, "But I thought Vader cut off Proxy's head or something." but it's a fucking robot in the Star Wars universe. So it's not like it makes a big difference.

If that's what happens, though, I will be so pissed.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Vader destroyed Proxy when the leaders of the Rebellion were captured. I dunno, my best guess is that Vader and Palpatine send Starkiller's body somewhere to be examined, Starkiller wakes up, the game begins. Or heck, have the body still be on the Death Star, and have him woken up by the starfighter attack at the end of Episode IV.

There's plenty of ways this could be taken.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If you play Ultimate Sith edition, you find out what happened to Proxy in that continuity.

Renzo on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    it could be that
    vader just "fakes" your death again. The opening scene of the trailer sort looks like starkiller has snuck off somewhere in the death star and he's escaping/brooding

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If you play Ultimate Sith edition, you find out what happened to Proxy in that continuity.

Care to put it in a spoiler for those of us who will probably play USE sometime down the road, but not for the story?

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I might go grab the USE version on PS3 now. I wanted to grab it, and now that a sequel is coming, I've got more reason. I would have gotten the PC version, but lolport and all that.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

No, the game is generally clunky. I'm just talking about blocking in the middle of an attack. The attack cancels properly into a block. It didn't when the game released.
    Ah. I was talking about animation cancels in all the other places there should logically be animation cancels.

Monger on
  • Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ooh. SW: TFU II.

The trailer was very nice. I'll be looking forward to this. Any excuse to wield a lightsaber and potent force powers is a good one in my book.

Regarding Proxy... (Endgame Spoilers)
    The main game leaves his fate a bit uncertain. The last we see of him is when Vader puts a lightsaber through his chest as he attempts to save Starkiller.

That said, the graphic novel adaptation does offer a solid suggestion for what happened to him, although where it stands in regards to canon is... well, I'll leave that for you to debate.
    The Graphic Novel starts with Juno and Bail returning to the snow-covered meeting place where Vader captured the leaders of the rebellion. They find Proxy and succesfully reactivate him and it transpires that Juno wanted to find him both because he was Starkiller's friend and because he could provide a more definitive account of what happened on occasions that she wasn't present. The rest of the Graphic Novel is basically Proxy recounting the events of the game to Juno and Bail.

Personally, my initial theory regarding TFU II is...
    That Starkiller survived and that Vader and Palpatine were wrong to declare him dead so quickly. After all, Starkiller survived a lightsaber through the chest, followed by a bone-breaking beating from where Vader flung him around the Executor's bridge topped off with an indeterminate amount of time in hard vacuum. The guy knows how to survive.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

Care to put it in a spoiler for those of us who will probably play USE sometime down the road, but not for the story?
    During the early events of Episode 4, Starkiller is dispatched to Tattooine to find R2-D2 and C3PO and retrieve the Death Star plans. His first port of call is Jabba's Palace, on the reasoning that maybe one of Jabba's informants knows where the droids are. Things go wrong and Starkiller has to fight his way out. On the way, he finds Proxy - what's left of him - in a junk disposal room where he is presumably awaiting being melted down in a nearby furnace.

He aids Starkiller one last time by using his holographic talents to help him escape the room in question and Starkiller - being the nice guy he is - just leaves him behind.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg