Options

QUIT POSTING IN ME

• Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    stigweard wrote: »
    There is one ending image I hadn't seen yet.
    I pulled out a mirv after refusing to tell the code and nuked the crap out of my 'companions'. When the end popped up, it talked about not following, as if I had sent someone else in for me, but the image was a giant cloud and flames in the Memorial.
    Huh, that's weird. I played the ending three times to get three different endings, and it seemed like those choices were the only real things that affected the ending, save for the Lincoln memorial stuff. What was the end story to the Lone Wanderer? Died in the memorial?

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    ilmmadilmmad Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So Dunwich: should there be a torso and head sticking inside a desk so the head is freaking out and vibrating? If I shoot it it completely fucks up, with the model stretching. The I rotated it with my gun to the side of the desk.

Glitch?

EDIT: Shooting it enough made it leave the desk. It is a set of shoulders and a head. Also there is a head poking out of the ground that slides around when I shoot it.

ilmmad on
    Ilmmad.gif
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sounds like body physics hilarity.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    LavaKnight wrote: »
    stigweard wrote: »
    There is one ending image I hadn't seen yet.
    I pulled out a mirv after refusing to tell the code and nuked the crap out of my 'companions'. When the end popped up, it talked about not following, as if I had sent someone else in for me, but the image was a giant cloud and flames in the Memorial.
    Huh, that's weird. I played the ending three times to get three different endings, and it seemed like those choices were the only real things that affected the ending, save for the Lincoln memorial stuff. What was the end story to the Lone Wanderer? Died in the memorial?
    None that I noticed. I alt+f4'd after it showed the shot of the wanderer and dogmeat and went into the final bit.

stigweard on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    ilmmad wrote: »
    So Dunwich: should there be a torso and head sticking inside a desk so the head is freaking out and vibrating? If I shoot it it completely fucks up, with the model stretching. The I rotated it with my gun to the side of the desk.

Glitch?

EDIT: Shooting it enough made it leave the desk. It is a set of shoulders and a head. Also there is a head poking out of the ground that slides around when I shoot it.

Yeah, I got that too. Wasn't sure if it was intentional, but sure added to the creepiness of the building.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ilmmad wrote: »

Glitch?

I got this exact same 'glitch' so I'm pretty sure it's intentional. Bodies have a tendency to be spastic in FO3, but they're usually silent, too, so I think it's supposed to be creepy. I remember thinking at the time that it would have been creepy if glitches didn't do stuff like that in the main game all the time.

As far as the Oblivion "Fuck the Guard to get out of your bounty" mod goes - that's what I had in mind when I mentioned "the abyss".

Duffel on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What are some general tips you guys can give me?

Just walked into Megaton, got a house or something.

So many secrets, how do I get riiiiiiiich?

Duki on
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man, even with the Ghoul Mask on that Dunwich building is fucking scary. Audio logs aside, it is just how dark it is in there. I don't think there are any other other dungeons in the game that are so lacking in light sources. Those times when I had to jump down a floor into the dark pits gave me the willies.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Duki wrote: »

Do the quests for Moira, including the optional objectives. You get a few nice things, and get to explore a bit.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    And if you do all of them you can get a retarded quest bonus.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I keep wondering, where exactly does Moira get the book printed? I never found a single printing press in the Wasteland.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »
    I keep wondering, where exactly does Moira get the book printed? I never found a single printing press in the Wasteland.
    She prints them herself, using her computer terminal, a conductor, three bits of surgical tubing, and a room full of Wasteland orphans that can write really fast.

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

They're hidden in the same place as the toilets from Oblivion.

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    JohnDoe wrote: »

They're hidden in the same place as the toilets from Oblivion.

I dunno, if there actually were no toilets in Oblivion it might explain why everyone had that rigid posture...

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So has anyone found a way to free Gob? I want to help my ghoul buddy out, but he just screams if I kill his captors.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Xtarath wrote: »
    So has anyone found a way to free Gob? I want to help my ghoul buddy out, but he just screams if I kill his captors.

Free him from his earthly shackles by applying a bullet directly to his mind.

OR

"You gotta shoot em in the head!"

freakish light on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    skace wrote: »
    The chick looks photoshopped into every pic...

if it helps you sleep at night thinking its a photoshop.

its not thought. :winky:

There are 0 files and 23 images, it looks like someone made it with a 3rd party program IMO.

nah they use other mods which add the animations, there are bondage pose mods and animations and the lot, think the guy just uploaded his own image stuff tho, there was an esp but he seems to have removed it.

theres this other one i just found http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19565 no files either but lot of user submitted stuff

hahah! http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17433

ok ill stop now.

I try not to be judgmental, I know there are people who find game characters arousing, especially those Anime lovers. But when I see shit like this I honestly have an I/O error in my brain trying to understand what's sexy about a bunch of pixels.

And some would say people have sex so it should be in games too, but people also take dumps and I don't think anyone wants a 'bowel movement' mod.

Well, maybe if they're into scat I guess.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I'm level 20. I'm through just screwing around in the wasteland, ready to do the quest. A few questions:
    I went to the Jefferson Memorial and found my dad's tapes before I went to Rivet City. The quest objectives say to listen to the tapes for clues and to speak to Dr. Li. The 4 tapes I found don't have any locations in them and I've exhausted all my conversation choices with Li. She only mentions the Jefferson Memorial. Is this a glitch or am I just missing something? Can I just go wherever I am supposed to go and continue the quest without doing this?

I also sold all my Lincoln stuff to the museum guy in Rivet City (other than the repeater). Is there any way to get it back to do the temple of the union quest? I looked all around his place and picked his pocket, but it isn't there.

Is Dogmeat essential to anything at all? I just let him die after his 4th "I'll be stupid and attack Giant Radscorpions while my master is sneaking" death.

Any help is appreciated.

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    So I'm level 20. I'm through just screwing around in the wasteland, ready to do the quest. A few questions:
    I went to the Jefferson Memorial and found my dad's tapes before I went to Rivet City. The quest objectives say to listen to the tapes for clues and to speak to Dr. Li. The 4 tapes I found don't have any locations in them and I've exhausted all my conversation choices with Li. She only mentions the Jefferson Memorial. Is this a glitch or am I just missing something? Can I just go wherever I am supposed to go and continue the quest without doing this?

I also sold all my Lincoln stuff to the museum guy in Rivet City (other than the repeater). Is there any way to get it back to do the temple of the union quest? I looked all around his place and picked his pocket, but it isn't there.

Is Dogmeat essential to anything at all? I just let him die after his 4th "I'll be stupid and attack Giant Radscorpions while my master is sneaking" death.

Any help is appreciated.

You probably missed a tape. Check the Jefferson Memorial rotunda.

And if you really can't find it, go to Vault-Tec HQ, find Vault 112, and go there.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Kagera wrote: »
    The chick looks photoshopped into every pic...

if it helps you sleep at night thinking its a photoshop.

its not thought. :winky:

There are 0 files and 23 images, it looks like someone made it with a 3rd party program IMO.

nah they use other mods which add the animations, there are bondage pose mods and animations and the lot, think the guy just uploaded his own image stuff tho, there was an esp but he seems to have removed it.

theres this other one i just found http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19565 no files either but lot of user submitted stuff

hahah! http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17433

ok ill stop now.

I try not to be judgmental, I know there are people who find game characters arousing, especially those Anime lovers. But when I see shit like this I honestly have an I/O error in my brain trying to understand what's sexy about a bunch of pixels.

And some would say people have sex so it should be in games too, but people also take dumps and I don't think anyone wants a 'bowel movement' mod.

Well, maybe if they're into scat I guess.

Skiddly-bop-doo-bee-doo-wow?

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    astrobstrd wrote: »

Any help is appreciated.

3. Not if you don't mind losing your soul.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    In my current playthrough I have a running commentary in my mind along the lines of "The Adventures of the Wasteland Wanderer, with his trusty assistant Charon!"

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Do the quests for Moira, including the optional objectives. You get a few nice things, and get to explore a bit.

Oh wow, this is some voice acting right here.

Duki on
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Well, there's Hubris.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Visti wrote: »

Well, there's Hubris.

I didn't think I came across as particularly arrogant...oh I see!

Yeah, haven't been there yet. I love that this game is huge enough that I can say that.

Compared to Fallout 1 which had maybe two dozen locations at the most.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Visti wrote: »

Well, there's Hubris.

I didn't think I came across as particularly arrogant...oh I see!

Zing, motherfucker.

Anyway, it's where they print Grognak. There's a crazy guy guarding the press, which you can activate somehow, but I haven't figured it out. Also, a lot of fun terminals.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yay I had my first crash!

Not bad for running the game on an outdated laptop.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Strength to carry all the shit you're going to scavenge, and repair to fix up the stuff you're going to sell so it's worth more.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Xtarath wrote: »

I can't even tell him that what's-her-name says "hi." It doesn't make sense because you can hack the terminal in the bar and find out how much everybody owns. They owe a really small amount so it doesn't make sense that you can't give the workers enough money to pay off their debts and get their freedom.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Endurance to carry all the shit you're going to scavenge, and repair to fix up the stuff you're going to sell so it's worth more.

Strength lets you carry more, Endurance determines your health.

Kagera on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Don't you need endurance to get the strong back perk though? That's a very useful one to have.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The secret to getting rich is to kill people to get their weapons and zero weight goods. Armor sells for shit compared to the weight.

Couscous on
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Heh, the bowel movement mod joke reminds me of the first Digimon World. Having to fit bathroom breaks inbetween training and battles was interesting.

Also, anyone got any help for the problem I mentioned earlier?

never die on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You only need Endurance at 5 or higher for the Strong Back perk, which you can get just by leaving it alone.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Kagera wrote: »

Endurance to carry all the shit you're going to scavenge, and repair to fix up the stuff you're going to sell so it's worth more.

Strength lets you carry more, Endurance determines your health.

Man, what are you talking about? Quit putting wrong words in my mouth/post.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    What is a good dump stat? I'm think agility is a good one. It only modifies action points and doesn't influence action points a whole lot. Charisma also looks like a stat to get as few points as possible in it.
    A high charisma will generally lower the cost of goods when bartering, raise how much you can sell goods to merchants, as well as reducing the cost of sleeping in a "hotel" bed.
    It influences speech but I can always just use some skill points to get it up to par.

Couscous on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    For a second I almost let the Button Gwinnet robot talk me into helping him.

Then I killed him.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Couscous wrote: »
    What is a good dump stat? I'm think agility is a good one. It only modifies action points and doesn't influence action points a whole lot. Charisma also looks like a stat to get as few points as possible in it.

It influences speech but I can always just use some skill points to get it up to par.
    I've wondered if charisma determines the way certain people react to you. For instance, whenever I first met Lucas Simms, he usually says that he "feels like he's going to like me" or something like that, and I usually have a high charisma for speech. In the demo videos from bethesda, though, he basically threatens to put a boot up the player's ass, which he's never done to me. I thought this might have to do with the bethesda demo being from a low CHA character, although it could be karma, as well.

Duffel on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Karma and Charisma combo, I'm guessing.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I hate karma.

Really, it never felt like I was doing anything bad unless I was outright murdering people. And even then, I murdered raiders all day.

Zen Vulgarity on
This discussion has been closed.