Options

QUIT POSTING IN ME

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I finally wandered my way up to Vault 112. Ha ha ha, so much creepy awesome!

Houn on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    But raiders are totally asking for it.

I wish that they'd start leaving me alone now. They should look at me and just go "oooooohhhhhhh fuuuuuuuck." It would save me the time it takes to headshot them all.

tofu on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Houn wrote: »
    I finally wandered my way up to Vault 112. Ha ha ha, so much creepy awesome!
    Vaults 112 and 106 are some of the best parts of the game, I've found.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    tofu wrote: »

I wish that they'd start leaving me alone now. They should look at me and just go "oooooohhhhhhh fuuuuuuuck." It would save me the time it takes to headshot them all.

I don't mind the raiders attacking me. I can usually get some ammo from them. I hate those fucking dogs, bloatflys, and radroaches.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    I came across the random event of raiders standing around in a circle beating up on a naked man yesterday. I threw on a stealthboy, and snuck up for a closer look. Turns out it was an initiation ritual. They kept saying "You think you're bad enough to run with us?" and "The pain is your friend!"

I had the Sargeant set them all on fire.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Couscous wrote: »

I don't mind the raiders attacking me. I can usually get some ammo from them. I hate those fucking dogs, bloatflys, and radroaches.

I did a VATS closeup on a bloatfly from the side for the first time earlier. Oh god, I never saw their mouth before. It's fucking creepy as shit.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Animal friend ^_^ kekeke

tofu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Animal friend ^_^ kekeke

That would only help with the dogs.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well I'm glad I didn't take it then.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I just noticed they took out an eye with the perk picture in Fallout 3.
    animalfr1dg9.gif
    fo3animalfriendjd3.jpg

Edit: And an ear.

An anthropomorphic mutant bunny would be pretty hilarious. You would have to kill it with a shotgun.

Couscous on
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Does Demolition Expert effect Missile Launcher and Fat Man damage? It seems like it logically should given that both weapons generate a gigantic fucking explosion, but I wonder if it literally refers to weapons governed by the Explosives skill.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Does Demolition Expert effect Missile Launcher and Fat Man damage? It seems like it logically should given that both weapons generate a gigantic fucking explosion, but I wonder if it literally refers to weapons governed by the Explosives skill.
    Yes and yes.

Everything but the Nuka-Cola bomb. Unless you mod it.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yes and yes.

Won't a Nuka Grenade pretty much kill anything except for a Mutant Behemoth?

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yes and yes.

Wicked. Three ranks of Demolition Expert for my Big Gunner then. :D It's going to be fun firing a Fat Man doing 160% of normal damage. Fun for me at least.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wish the unique weapons looked unique.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The wiki lists the Fat Man and the mini nuke ammunition as falling under Big Guns.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The wiki lists the Fat Man and the mini nuke ammunition as falling under Big Guns.

Now I'm confused. Does Demolition Expert increase Fat Man and Missile Launcher damage or doesn't it?

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Yeah, I was incredibly disappointed when I got my first unique weapon.

That sig is fantastic.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Domhnall wrote: »

Yeah, I was incredibly disappointed when I got my first unique weapon.

It'll probably be one of the first mods. Personally, I would like the M.I.R.V to look completely terrifying. The Fat Man already inspires fear; the M.I.R.V should cause everything short of a Behemoth to run away screaming in pant shitting fear.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Finished the game today.

My favorite thing about the game is critting someone in the head with a missile in VATS mode from very far away. Also the andriod's facemelter plasma rifle and the slo-mo deaths.

Also the game starts up and loads new levels in no time flat.
    The giant freedom robot at the end was cool too.

However in general I just did not enjoy playing it. You walk slowly, everywhere, through brown-o-mania, to depressing music. It crashed a good bit. Some quests bug out and are unfinishable, which means you need to re-do 2 hours of playtime. There's no backup autosaves or quicksaves. Finding stuff is just annoying. Thanks to sacrifices at the altar of realism, useful items do not stand out. This means the game is encouraging you to spend a lot of time looking through countless metal boxes or looking for brown items on brown shelves.

The skill cap system is just brutally unhelpful, letting you take perks that do absolutely nothing to a skill, and not giving you any warning. And rewarding people who max out a skill by making books, items and perks that increase the skill entirely useless.

Also I decided to level speech as my main non-combat skill and it screwed me over hardcore. I think I had 6 successes during the entire game. I wish I had just ignored it.

In addition, it seems like the put in exactly 0 effort in improving the interface for the PC. The pip-boy mouse is too slow and can't be adjusted, which makes the already unhelpful interface even more clunky. Hey, I have a keyboard, why can't I just press keys to get quests, maps, inventory, etc? And maybe this is another realism annoyance, but having your inventory be a long monochromatic list of text items is just not very compelling.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I hate RandomEngy.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Remember morrowind's completely customizable menus, right down to size? Yeah, that was cool.

I play Fallout 3 on 360 though, due to it being a console game and all.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So far the only Uniques to have a Unique look are Lincolns Repeater....and....umm....Damn it they do need to add unique looks.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Now I'm confused. Does Demolition Expert increase Fat Man and Missile Launcher damage or doesn't it?
    I've heard that it does benefit from demo expert.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Some wastelander guy was running away from a robot, I killed the robot, and he said to me "That Enclave stash is mine, you stay away from it!" I was like, ah ok sure pal. But being the excited idiot I am I followed him as he ran off, apparently he didnt take too kindly to this and turned and shot at me. I got bad karma for blowing his head off.

I wonder what the hell he was on about.

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Even with the crashes every so often I'd rather play it on PC for the control scheme and non-existent loading times. I watched a friend play it on the 360 and it's like "whoa, you actually have time to read the slides".
    I hate RandomEngy.

Is there anything you don't hate?

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    If Diablo 3 can have rainbows why can't Fallout 3? Talk about brown-o-mania laffo!

tofu on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I found a group of hunters in the southwest that I could talk to and they gave me a free sample of 'strange meat' and talked all evasively about what it was, then I got good karma for killing them all. I'm assuming it was human meat, but is there anything else about these dudes mentioned anywhere?

L|ama on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    L|ama wrote: »
    I found a group of hunters in the southwest that I could talk to and they gave me a free sample of 'strange meat' and talked all evasively about what it was, then I got good karma for killing them all. I'm assuming it was human meat, but is there anything else about these dudes mentioned anywhere?

nope

there's no quest or anything with them

there's many kinds of hunters in fallout 3, some hunt molerats and dogs and stuff

but then you run into encounters of hunters who are attacking wastelanders

and if you walk up to them after they will offer to share the strange meat with you

so basically if you eat the strange meat you are eating human

Pony on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I've heard that it does benefit from demo expert.

I'll just make a save before I get Demolition Expert, and compare the damage of the Missile Launcher and Fat Man before I take Demolition Expert and after.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So I killed everyone in Paradise Falls; I'm not missing anything right?

tofu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    If Diablo 3 can have rainbows why can't Fallout 3? Talk about brown-o-mania laffo!

I'm sure some people appreciate the bleak atmosphere. I didn't. Hey look, opinions!

RandomEngy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I agree, Fallout has a had a long tradition of puppy dogs and kittens.

Damn you Bethesdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

tofu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    RandomEngy wrote: »

I'm sure some people appreciate the bleak atmosphere. I didn't. Hey look, opinions!
    It doesn't rain in fallout 3 though!

I think out of everything I miss the cafe of broken dreams. That should of stayed as a random encounter somewhere on the map.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    plehpleh Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So if there has already been a discussion on the upcoming DLC, can someone direct me to the pages? Otherwise does anyone know if the DLC for the PC is free or not? I know that sounds kind of selfish or something, but I can't really find anything about it. :|

pleh on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    pleh wrote: »
    So if there has already been a discussion on the upcoming DLC, can someone direct me to the pages? Otherwise does anyone know if the DLC for the PC is free or not? I know that sounds kind of selfish or something, but I can't really find anything about it. :|

I think you've got to pay to get the PC DLC.

But.

It's being done via Windows Live, which opens the door for other games from Microsoft on the PC having DLC.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Then why were you playing Fallout? That's what the atmosphere is. Oh, sure, some people try to make the most of it, but between the Raiders and Slavers and mutants and general fuckers of the Wastes, it is a depressing, terrible place. Except for Oasis.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

I think you've missed the point of what Fallout is.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Then why were you playing Fallout? That's what the atmosphere is. Oh, sure, some people try to make the most of it, but between the Raiders and Slavers and mutants and general fuckers of the Wastes, it is a depressing, terrible place. Except for Oasis.
    Wasn't there a rainbow in the back part of the Oasis with pond? I could of sworn there was a rainbow there..

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Did you expect STALKER to be an uplifting view of how the environment can bounce back from nuclear holocaust?

L|ama on
This discussion has been closed.