Options

Arthas and Ner'zhul sitting in a tree L-I-C-H-I-N-G (SE++ WoW)

• Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    I will be more than happy to make any updates, just pm them to me... y'know so I see them and also so I get whatever details are needed inputted correctly

futility on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    instances are anywhere from a quarter to half as time consuming as BC instances

you could just fit in another instance after they finish

And then there's Azjol Nerub.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    instances are anywhere from a quarter to half as time consuming as BC instances

you could just fit in another instance after they finish

And then there's Azjol Nerub.

Oh you mean the one you can run 18 times in about 5 minutes?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah they are a cakewalk. And heroics are do able as soon as you hit 80 essentially as well so you can gear up pretty quick.
    unless you're a tank or, to a lesser extent, a healer. then you need to gear up before doing heroics.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Boy was that annoying.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    this is fantastic news

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    so i got dinged 80 yesterday, and while potentially useful, I still strongly feel that freezing arrow is a crap new end game skill.

futility on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Isn't that like a ranged frost trap?

bowen on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    How is that not awesome? You don't even need to try and pull them anymore.

bowen on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    bowen wrote: »
    How is that not awesome? You don't even need to try and pull them anymore.

as far as end game skills or late tree talents go, 'mildly convenient' is usually worse than 'extremely powerful'

Javen on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    True. Suckers.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Because I can just as easily run up, trap and fd.

What would be cooler is if I could STEALTH to the mob with some sort of, oh I don't know CAMOUFLAGE and lay a trap down.

The only other acceptable alternative would be if all my traps could be attached to arrows. Really, if I'm going to glue anything to a trap, it's going to be a ball of snakes a fiery dot or something that will slow my quarry down seeing as my options for ranged cc already include a disorienting shot and an sting that will sleep my target.

futility on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Did any other class get the short stick in the endgame skill draw. Not really.
    Locks can port
    Pallys can heal/prevent dmg
    Priests... cc/heal
    Roges... aoe (AND YOU FUCKERS STOLE MY END GAME TALENT FROM THE LAST EXPANSION)!

futility on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    futility wrote: »
    Locks can port
    Priests... cc/heal
    Roges... aoe (AND YOU FUCKERS STOLE MY END GAME TALENT FROM THE LAST EXPANSION)!

I thorw my weapon....horrary? Its kinda nice having an instant range pull but then again...tanut now has a 20 yard range and I already had a ranged weapon.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    the priest cc is pretty mediocre too

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Locks can port
    Priests... cc/heal

I thorw my weapon....horrary? Its kinda nice having an instant range pull but then again...tanut now has a 20 yard range and I already had a ranged weapon.

Yeah.... why would you want a skill that could compete with the paladin's shield toss to start agro at the beggining of a fight?

futility on
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    heroic throw hits one target, not three, it's on twice the cooldown and it does physical damage, not holy

it's not a bad skill, especially if you take gag order to make it silence the target

but really you're complaining too much

edit: and yeah divine hymn is some weird shit

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    we did get mind sear though which does ridiculous aoe damage and is awesome in general

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    JarofmoldymayoJarofmoldymayo __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Yay I am level 40!

Damn I've been playing since release!

Jarofmoldymayo on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    also hunters have little to complain about anyway since they're supposedly topping the endgame dps charts by a fairly large margin

i think dealing with just a fairly convenient 80 skill is worth it when you're potentially the best pve dps in the game

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    also hunters bring buffs to the group now in all specs, right? the old 3% damage from BM, 10% attack power in marks and replenishment in survival

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    heroic throw hits one target, not three, it's on twice the cooldown and it does physical damage, not holy

it's not a bad skill, especially if you take gag order to make it silence the target

so you're saying that the extra dmg for pulling in comparison to say shooting it with a bow is bad? The shield hits 3 targets and causes a fair amount of agro. If you had something you needed to tank, wouldn't more agro to start with be a good thing?

I'm just thinking of all the times I was working with a prot warrior and I got all the agro from my shield, and he got nothing from his bow

futility on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    my complaint is the lackluster skill that's all. I enjoy a lot of the current mechanics of my class. But I also REALLY wanted camo... like bad!

futility on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Oh really? see I havent been Prot since I hit 80 so I forgot Gag Order effected it.

But still, its not nearly as cool as some of the other classes. Heroic Regeneration however is great!

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

so you're saying that the extra dmg for pulling in comparison to say shooting it with a bow is bad? The shield hits 3 targets and causes a fair amount of agro. If you had something you needed to tank, wouldn't more agro to start with be a good thing?

I'm just thinking of all the times I was working with a prot warrior and I got all the agro from my shield, and he got nothing from his bow

you said heroic throw compares with avenger's shield in initial aggro. I pointed out the ways in which avenger's shield is much better (it should be, it's a talented ability and we're talking about level 80 baseline skills here)

I didn't say more initial aggro was bad, where did you get that? seriously, you didn't really read what I wrote did you

and if they gave you camo or stealth or whatever, then everyone else would complain because all their level 80 learned abilities would pale in comparison

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

you said heroic throw compares with avenger's shield in initial aggro. I pointed out the ways in which avenger's shield is much better (it should be, it's a talented ability and we're talking about level 80 baseline skills here)

I didn't say more initial aggro was bad, where did you get that? seriously, you didn't really read what I wrote did you

and if they gave you camo or stealth or whatever, then everyone else would complain because all their level 80 learned abilities would pale in comparison

i read what you said a little wrong... man why did you have to bite my head off though... now i am crying :cry::cry::cry: you are a meany!

futility on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    in other news: wont someone give Matthias Lehner a good home?

futility on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Rogues... aoe (AND YOU FUCKERS STOLE MY END GAME TALENT FROM THE LAST EXPANSION)!

I look at it as retribution for all the times a hunter has taken a piece of DPS leather over a rogue.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    sorry shek

(l2read)

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Metacortex wrote: »
    Rogues... aoe (AND YOU FUCKERS STOLE MY END GAME TALENT FROM THE LAST EXPANSION)!

I look at it as retribution for all the times a hunter has taken a piece of DPS leather over a rogue.

just be glad I refuse to take it. All the place that talk about awesome warrior DPS say to roll on leather/mail DPS loot because they don't "waste" item level points on non DPS stats or some such reason. I think thats dumb.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Bucketman wrote: »

just be glad I refuse to take it. All the place that talk about awesome warrior DPS say to roll on leather/mail DPS loot because they don't "waste" item level points on non DPS stats or some such reason. I think thats dumb.

This is why you're my group 2 buddy.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

all loot is hunter loot... don't you know this to be true.

t bucket: when I used to run mc there was this warrior who would go on and on about how he was a rogue in plate... except that he wore a lot of leather

futility on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    sorry shek

(l2read)

look man, just because I work for a company for that educates kids specifically in reading and writing AND I have a masters degree in writing does not mean I need to follow your socially structured rules. Illiteracy isn't a choice maaaan.

futility on
  • Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    the warlock port is fucking useless, 40 ft. is way too short of a range to be meaningful. The only fun i had with it is jumping off of naxx that time that I showed up and didn't get to go, and then porting myself to safety, then watching revash do the same thing only to jump off immediately after and die.

SkankPlaya on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Blizzard has already stated that they are looking into hunters and warlocks for improvements.

I think ALL hunters should be able to get the new pets; top tier BM talent should be more talent points + 50% more damage on ALL pet abilities and +50% threat generation for tanking pets/+50% agro dumping for other pets.

Marks is good right now just some mana regen issues which are fixed by not being lazy and switching aspects.

Survival needs Expose weakness needs to go back to a mob debuff not a buff on the hunter and needs some dps increases

Grath on
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SkankPlaya wrote: »
    the warlock port is fucking useless, 40 ft. is way too short of a range to be meaningful. The only fun i had with it is jumping off of naxx that time that I showed up and didn't get to go, and then porting myself to safety, then watching revash do the same thing only to jump off immediately after and die.

You aren't using it in the right manner, wherein we use it to do the Thaddeus fight in our sleep (or wipe it)

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    that warlock port thing seems neat

and ridiculously good for pvp

satansfingers on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well they killed summons with summoning stones... might as well use the fucking gimp port.

GRMike on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    oh my god, are you seriously complaining about the implentation of summoning stones?

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    oh my god, are you seriously complaining about the implentation of summoning stones?

Yeah, fuck convienence!

Bucketman on
This discussion has been closed.