Options

Ar Tonelico II: Get In the Bath, You Crazy Bitches

• Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Picked this up today. 3 hours in.

Cloche is such a fucking fake bitch, I cant stand her already. Croix needs to growth some balls, too.

Battle system is very nice tough, and I like the graphical style so far.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Jean wrote: »
    Picked this up today. 3 hours in.

Cloche is such a fucking fake bitch, I cant stand her already. Croix needs to growth some balls, too.

Battle system is very nice tough, and I like the graphical style so far.

A little hint: the 3rd revytail you get beats both Luca and Cloche's whiny, selfish, annoying asses.

So don't go past lvl 5 cosmospheres of either Luca and Cloche until you get the 3rd one before you decide which one you want to get it on with.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    yes well, once we have the budget and audience of square, then we might have a chance at pleasing everyone

in the meantime, we gotta make do with what we got :(

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Aw crap. There's 100 infected total right? I'm at 96 and I think I'm at the final save point of the game and I'm completely stumped as to where the last 4 could be.
    I'm saved at Sol Marta right outside the door that used to be locked after fighting Zodom again. I unlocked it though so it looks like it's leading up to a big ending sequence.

There's no more area where they could be after where I'm at right? I refuse to finish this game without a full fan club.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    O yeah, I meant to ask : What language is the song in the intro? Is it even a real world language?

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm fairly certain that all the Hymnos in the AT games is just Japanese.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It sounds like a new language at times, and judging from the writing in the art books, they came up with one on some level.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Japanese was the first answer that came trough my mind too, but it just sound too different from the japanese I heard before, thats why it intrigues me... I compare it with, say, the japanese lyrics in P3 or Atelier Iris 2 and it doesnt sound like the same language at all....

Jean on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Through use of the japanese wiki, I was able to find where the last 4 infected were.
    They were in Telmina if you access it from Waterfall Park which only leads to a broken elevator and if you access it from the Grand Bell, which I completely forgot was an area. I thought it was just one room that lead to the elevator.

Time to get these last 18 to join the club and then beat the game.

Gilder on
  • Options
    SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Houk wrote: »

The voice stuff was a combination of budget and space. If we had voiced everything, there is a pretty good chance we would have had to lose the Japanese voice altogether, and also voicing everything would have increased the number of copies we had to sell to break even/make any kind of profit by quite a bit, very possibly to the point of us not doing so

Ooof, really not expecting ArTon to sell much in the States, then? It is a little heavy on the JAPAN for most Americans, I suppose.

Also Houk you are ignoring PMs and it is making me emo. :cry:

Anyway I need to pick this up. I've got at least one person telling me that despite the glitches and despite the occasional creepy bits, it's still one of the best RPGs to hit the PS2 in years.

Also: Hymnos is not just Japanese, motherfuckers:

http://conlang.wikia.com/wiki/Conlang:Hymmnos

Listen for it in the songs. Everything listed here is used.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Finally, all 100 club members. Whoever decided that one of them should require 50 pom enemies is the worst person. I hate them.

I also tried my luck against the freezing boss.
    I got up to the 4th duel before I got hit with the glitch. She got first turn and unless I get Replakia on turn 1 when that happens, there's no way my overpowered level 63 team can do the damage necessary. Is there actually a reward or is she telling the truth about her powering up being the real reward?

Tomorrow, the game shall fall.

Gilder on
  • Options
    ElitistbElitistb Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I try to be a completionist, but if it takes too much time I quit half way through. I got 75 of the IPDs to join the club, had 87 contained. I figure that was enough, already spent 60 hours on the game. I beat it then youtubed the other endings.

I was right, Luca sucks. Worst ending of the 4.

Elitistb on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    While the hymnos is a language, many of the lyrics in the hymns are in japanese.

This website has a bunch of the japanese lyrics, though a lot of songs seem to be missing proper hymnos transliterations (Like Aurica's Purger, for instance).

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    SpaceDrake wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »

The voice stuff was a combination of budget and space. If we had voiced everything, there is a pretty good chance we would have had to lose the Japanese voice altogether, and also voicing everything would have increased the number of copies we had to sell to break even/make any kind of profit by quite a bit, very possibly to the point of us not doing so

Ooof, really not expecting ArTon to sell much in the States, then? It is a little heavy on the JAPAN for most Americans, I suppose.

Also Houk you are ignoring PMs and it is making me emo. :cry:

Anyway I need to pick this up. I've got at least one person telling me that despite the glitches and despite the occasional creepy bits, it's still one of the best RPGs to hit the PS2 in years.

Also: Hymnos is not just Japanese, motherfuckers:

http://conlang.wikia.com/wiki/Conlang:Hymmnos

Listen for it in the songs. Everything listed here is used.
    oh yeah haha sorry. i read your pm but i couldnt respond right away, things have been craaazy busy here and i dont usually touch the forums when i get home. no fear!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So I beat the game but I apparently missed something major.
    You can dive into Frelia? How the fuck was I supposed to know this? The only reason I know is because Jacqli's song list wasn't maxed so I looked it up online. She doesn't even join the team, why the hell can I dive into her? It took me a bit of time to get Jacqli to 9 anyway and Frelia was never on the list. How the fuck does it work? Was it after opening up the way to the last dungeon? I never clicked the normal dive option after that because everyone's cosmospheres was done. Or so I thought at least.

So basically, how the hell do I dive into Frelia? The least they could have fucking done is told me.

Also fuck the two soundtracks the game came with, they're missing the two best songs. Now I have to go find them.
    I can sort of understand not including Jaqcli's level 6-8 music but Despedia is a fucking Hymnos song and also the best song in the game. How can they not include that?

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So I just reached the first big decision.. too bad than ''neither of these 2 stupid bitches'' wasn't an option.

Jean on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I just reached the first big decision.. too bad than ''neither of these 2 stupid bitches'' wasn't an option.

Yeah, that's how I felt. This game desperately needed a neutral option, because they were both out of line.

The girls from the shops would have been better choices.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I actually used to like Luca, but that was before the jail scene. Right now Cocona seems like the only one I can trust.

Jean on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The girl from the weapon shop has a steady income, she likes Croix, and she doesn't suffer from severe personality issues.

I don't see any negatives.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Gilder:
    You Dive into Frelia at the Hot Spot or whatever that place is called, the place where you meet the Raki look-alike.
    I just skipped over it since I wanted to beat the game.

I personally am sad that Sublimation wasn't on either soundtrack. Awesome final boss music.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Gilder:
    You Dive into Frelia at the Hot Spot or whatever that place is called, the place where you meet the Raki look-alike.
    I just skipped over it since I wanted to beat the game.

I personally am sad that Sublimation wasn't on either soundtrack. Awesome final boss music.

Yeah I ended up finding out how to do it and did it. It's fucking stupid though because I never had a reason to go back there at that point in the game. Oh well in the end it was worth it because somehow, and I have no clue how I did it, I managed to get every single normal conversation topic for the third reyvatail. Not all of the synchro ones, although I'm not sure it's even possible due to topic variations for your path, but I got all the normal ones. I'm actually very proud of myself.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh. I'm stupid, easily found Sublimation. Awesome.

Man, AT1 is just very slow in comparison to AT2. I got Misha back, but have left the game there for about a week. I want to finally finish the damn game since I left it off at the end of Phase 2 previously and since Misha is the best out of all the Reyvateils in the series (though I am starting to think that Reyvy #3 of AT2 is a close second), but the battles are so damn long. And screw the stupid HarmoGauge. And Lyner can go die, Croix's way cooler.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh yeah, I'm willing to bet that if it isn't just downright impossible then it's just near impossible to 100% AT2. Funny considering it was impossible to do that in AT1 as well. Coincidence? I think not. Spoiler for why it might be impossible.
    That glitched fight that you can keep doing and it gets stronger every time? Yeah, you get 3 CG's by the 15th battle. I'm not certain it's even possible to do this on a bugged copy because my team was level 63 and it was starting to get a bit tougher to finish in 3 turns on only the 4th incarnation. I don't know if it would be possible to beat it 15 times unless you always get the first turn and Replakia. I'll give it a shot though because now I want to know if it's possible. If I can defeat 2 phases per day I'll be done within a week.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh. I'm stupid, easily found Sublimation. Awesome.

Man, AT1 is just very slow in comparison to AT2. I got Misha back, but have left the game there for about a week. I want to finally finish the damn game since I left it off at the end of Phase 2 previously and since Misha is the best out of all the Reyvateils in the series (though I am starting to think that Reyvy #3 of AT2 is a close second), but the battles are so damn long. And screw the stupid HarmoGauge. And Lyner can go die, Croix's way cooler.

That's kinda funny, I actually have reverse opinions about the protagonists... for the most part. I actually like Croix quite a bit, but I fucking loved Lyner by the end of AT1, just because I got so involved in the story and other characters. I started out disliking Croix, but have liked him more and more the farther I get. Maybe I'll end up even once I buckle down and beat this.

Kainy on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Croix is actually a pretty good protagonist IMO, especially compared to the usual angst or stupid/naive personalities that usually infect main characters of JRPGs.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That is the same problem the first game had :(

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Blackjack wrote: »
    That is the same problem the first game had :(

Except in 2, they're really bad.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh god. That's...I can't even imagine that D:

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Well, on one hand, you have the stuck up priestess who doesn't think she needs anyone,
    and turns out being all needy.

then you have the childhood sweetheart who
    reveals that she was just into you to get access to your military for revenge.

So basically, they both should go walk off a cliff.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well...the second one doesn't sound TOO bad.

Because. At least it isn't Aurica or Misha.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Misha's honor shall not go insulted. Pistols at dawn, Blackjack.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Misha has no honor to defend.

Misha has pedo-bait and nothing else.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh, I'm not referring to little Misha, it's big Misha that is worth defending.
    Heh, "big" Misha. :winky:

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh, big Misha doesn't have honor, either.

Just whiny emo bitchery.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2009
    And Cloche and Luca don't have whiny bitchery?

I'm beginning to suspect that the free AT2 towel I won has been lost in the nexus of mail, it was supposed to be here sometime late January-early February.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2009
    Misha waited for Lyne, and was going to give him up anyway to save the fucking world because it was the right thing to do.

And he just completely forgot her.

She deserved so much better.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I dunno...
    If you pay attention to Luca's cosmosphere and later conversations you have with her, it seems pretty apparent that she actually does have feelings for Croix. Her saying she was just using him was a response to him pussyfooting around and not really doing anything about their relationship, which, since it was one-sided, was a sham anyway. However, I'd say it's at least very strongly implied that she does, indeed, have feelings for him, and was acting out of the pain that his disinterest caused, coupled with finding out that her sister was dead. This argument was just a go back to square one and make things more equal sort of thing, not as much a, "This is how I actually feel," statement that should be interpreted as the literal truth.

I mean, yeah, she is crazy, but nearly everyone's a bit crazy when it comes to relationships, double especially in anime. The entire tsundere archetype is basically crazy bitchery, which is why Cloche pisses me off a bit more, but going down her path I might gain some insight that lessens that. I hope so, because I do want to get every ending.

Lyner forgetting about Misha completely always struck me as a really retarded plot device. Really, really retarded. Lyner never, aside from that, seemed particularly forgetful, and with how important she was to him as a kid... yeah. A few harem anime plots have used the exact same plot device and it pisses me off every time. "OH HAY YOU KNEW ME WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER AND WE WERE REALLY CLOSE BUT SOMEHOW YOU COMPLETELY FORGOT SOMEONE YOU KNEW FOR MORE THAN A YEAR AND NOW I HAVE TITS LET'S HAVE A ONE-SIDED RELATIONSHIP LOL!"

Kainy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    And Cloche and Luca don't have whiny bitchery?

I'm beginning to suspect that the free AT2 towel I won has been lost in the nexus of mail, it was supposed to be here sometime late January-early February.
    I'm sure they do. I have not (and from what cj has said, will not) played AT 2.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Aroduc wrote: »
    Misha waited for Lyne, and was going to give him up anyway to save the fucking world because it was the right thing to do.

It had been, what, 15 years since she left Platina? I don't remember old friends from 15 years ago either.
    And if you choose to go down her path and help save the world rather than go repay the church (cause repaying a church is more important that stopping the Apocalypse), he does remember the time they spend as kids.

And it's still better than Shurelia randomly blurting out, "I love you."

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2009
    Aroduc wrote: »

It had been, what, 15 years since she left Platina? I don't remember old friends from 15 years ago either.
    And if you choose to go down her path and help save the world rather than go repay the church (cause repaying a church is more important that stopping the Apocalypse), he does remember the time they spend as kids.

And it's still better than Shurelia randomly blurting out, "I love you."

They're both 18, so... uh... definitely not 15.

And speaking of age, Cloche is 17. She gets so much shit for "policies she was in charge of" and crap like that.

Pfft.

I don't even trust 17 year olds with cars, let alone uprisings against gods, to say nothing of her being a figurehead of that for years.

Aroduc on