Options

Ar Tonelico II: Get In the Bath, You Crazy Bitches

• Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2009
    Aroduc on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I picked Luca, but none of AT2's Reyvateils are as awesome as Misha.

Also, I'd forgotten how awesome Krusche is.

Krusche (to Aurica): Misha, you grew tits!
    Lyner: You're mean.
    Krusche: I know. Heh.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That was the best line in AT1 by far.

So far, in AT2, I'm partial to
    That was the last thing I'll ever stick in you.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Finally got my 4th level 5 conversation for the third. I immediately made a back-up save and proceeded to reject Luca.
    That bitch be crazy yo.

Tomorrow I will proceed into the depths of insanity by accepting the third.

Gilder on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Godspeed, Gilder. You're heading into uncharted waters.

Heh, I was watching a friend play AT2 today, and just five seconds after meeting Cloche he said, "I don't care about her, I want this bitch to die." He was also wondering why Cloche's sayings in battle sounded sexual; I told him to wait until he gets to the point where Diving is introduced, what with Luca upset about Croix's "virginity." Heh, guy's gonna be wondering what the hell he's playing, he never played the first game so he has no clue.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2009
    You know what I miss? The ability to jump. Being able to tap that and watch Lyner/Edge/Vayne hop around always livened up the dull parts of these palette swapped Gust games.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hmm. Okay, who would opt to climb a ridiculously large tower when there are other airships out there other than your own (which, incidentally, you trashed five minutes after take-off)?

Lyner Barsett, that's who.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Aroduc wrote: »
    You know what I miss? The ability to jump. Being able to tap that and watch Lyner/Edge/Vayne hop around always livened up the dull parts of these palette swapped Gust games.

I keep tapping square hoping to activate my sorcerer's ring.

Gilder on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2009
    Gilder wrote: »
    Aroduc wrote: »

I keep tapping square hoping to activate my sorcerer's ring.

Speaking of which (this thread be damned), I just got through the oh-so-fun trip through the desert. It was minorly harrowing because I got to the save point at the end which recovers your HP/TP, and then decided to farm some materials for awhile. Unfortunately, water doesn't recover at the point and I wasn't paying attention to that at all. I messed up and suddenly there's a back attack with Yuri at most of his life... and the rest of the group at 1 hp.

I want to like Yuri, I really do, but he is such a hypocrite that it's trying my patience.
    (post desert)
    "It wouldn't be very just of us if we let you roam around on your own. Got to always do the right thing! That's what our guild stands for! Always do good!

Now excuse me while I go execute this man in secret. Oh? The knights are already here to arrest him? Whatever. Suck it, dead guy."

There is also absolutely no bloody chemistry at all between him and Estelle. Judith on the other hand...

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'm still confused as to why they took out the overworld interactions in AT2. Not only that, it seems like AT1 has cleaner sprites. Seems like they kinda phoned in AT2.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well that's weird, is the "choice" for the 3rd not until level 6? I didn't get to make a choice at 5.

Also I think some pretty major plot is missable in phase 4. Not sure though, it might have come back later.
    When Jacqli said she wanted to go Promise Hill I went to see if any new synth stuff was available. Well this triggered the stuff in Rakshek for the next Infelsphere key and going in started the whole chain of events. Well when I finally got Luca back I went to Promise Hill but the portal lead to nothing. I thought this was odd so I reloaded my file back at my choice between Luca and Jacqli and I got the cutscene of the portal opening and the diary was inside. So what the hell, that diary is kind of important.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hmm, that's strange. Even on the Luca path, I still got a choice at the end of Cosmosphere Level 5 as to whether pursue the relationship or just remain friends. I would've thought you'd get the same with #3, considering that:
    there's a fourth ending which focuses on Croix and Cocona talking, which occurs if you reject all three Reyvateils.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Huh. So you weren't able to go to level 6? I guess I'm on her path then because I'm technically allowed to continue, I just need to get the conversations. I can't even tell where I would've gotten a choice though. How did level 5 end for you?
    Perhaps for the ending that doesn't involve any of them I had to reject Jaqli first? Maybe that would've given me a choice in Luca's mind.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oddly enough, you can still get enough conversations to fulfill the requirements for further levels of the other Cosmospheres, you just can't enter them.

But as for Level 5 on Luca's path:
    Cloche's Cosmosphere ended with Croix telling her that he could'nt be there for her always since a relationship with her wouldn't work. No choice whatsoever since I opted to go with Luca and the Sacred Army in Phase 1. Luca's ended with the option of continuing to help her work out her inner problems, to which I agreed to. Jacqli's ended at the end of her little storybook world without a conclusion to it; it just up and ended since I had already agreed to Luca's path.

I'm not sure why you'd not have an option with the third if you ditched Luca.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oddly enough, you can still get enough conversations to fulfill the requirements for further levels of the other Cosmospheres, you just can't enter them.

Cloche's Cosmosphere ended with Croix telling her that he could'nt be there for her always since a relationship with her wouldn't work. No choice whatsoever since I opted to go with Luca and the Sacred Army in Phase 1. Luca's ended with the option of continuing to help her work out her inner problems, to which I agreed to. Jacqli's ended at the end of her little storybook world without a conclusion to it; it just up and ended since I had already agreed to Luca's path.

I'm not sure either yet it seems to be turning out that way.
    By no conclusion to the storybook, do you mean you never even got to see the conclusion? Did it just end before the final battle or something? I got a conclusion but it's really abrupt and then when I rested at the inn Croix talked to Jacqli about how fast it was. That talk led to her letting me continue on to level 6.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I'm not sure either yet it seems to be turning out that way.
    By no conclusion to the storybook, do you mean you never even got to see the conclusion? Did it just end before the final battle or something? I got a conclusion but it's really abrupt and then when I rested at the inn Croix talked to Jacqli about how fast it was. That talk led to her letting me continue on to level 6.
    It featured the battle against Miros, had the bit of artwork, then went to all black with Jacqli saying it was over and didn't need a definitive ending.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah it sounds like the same thing I got except my path just kept going. I'm really confused as to how it decided to let me keep going though considering I never actually agreed. I'm going to say that for her path you have to reject everyone else first. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

In any case I got what I wanted and who knows what horrors await me when I get to level 6. Should be interesting.

Gilder on
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have no idea what this bizarre game is about, but i'm going to use the thread title as my catchphrase in TF2 and DoW2 vent... Props to whoever came up with it.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah it sounds like the same thing I got except my path just kept going. I'm really confused as to how it decided to let me keep going though considering I never actually agreed. I'm going to say that for her path you have to reject everyone else first. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

In any case I got what I wanted and who knows what horrors await me when I get to level 6. Should be interesting.

I was given the choice when I hit level 5, but I had put Cloche's on hold until I was forced to make a decision.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    kaliyama wrote: »
    I have no idea what this bizarre game is about, but i'm going to use the thread title as my catchphrase in TF2 and DoW2 vent... Props to whoever came up with it.

I still liked it better when it read: "Forcibly Bathing Angry Bisexuals for Lesbian Bonuses."

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2009
    I liked you better when you were an angry bisexual lesbian.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm partial to [Dive On].

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Heh, as expected, my friend has straight out asked me how the hell a game like the AT series could get the go-ahead in the production days. He's already had a lot of explaining to do concerning the content of the game.

I should figure out a way of planting the towel featuring Luca and Cloche is their towel outfits that I won in his backpack without him knowing. :P That is, once it finally arrives.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Is it just me or did the amount of typos and grammatical errors dramatically decrease after phase 2 ended? Except for peek/peak and a couple you're/your, I haven't seen anything as bad as the first 2 phases. I haven't seen a sentence that was a combination of two different ones for a while.

Also I'm just entering phase 5 and wow, they really need to give me conversations for the 3rd girl. I have 16 conversations minimum for level 10 left and I've been hunting for conversations. They need to step it up.

Gilder on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2009
    Is it just me or did the amount of typos and grammatical errors dramatically decrease after phase 2 ended? Except for peek/peak and a couple you're/your, I haven't seen anything as bad as the first 2 phases. I haven't seen a sentence that was a combination of two different ones for a while.

Also I'm just entering phase 5 and wow, they really need to give me conversations for the 3rd girl. I have 16 conversations minimum for level 10 left and I've been hunting for conversations. They need to step it up.

I do know that she has some of the toughest ones to get. There was some chatter I remember seeing where you had to either backtrack to some random place before the collapsing stuff started to pick up a deep level conversation point... or get 80 IPDs in the fanclub. The rest of the points for that level were only available after you cleared it. Or maybe wait until the very end of the game. I forget exactly what I read, but it was something like "this bitch be a pain in the ass."

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah well she's funny and awesome enough that I think it'll be worth it. I found a lot of stuff by backtracking and I doubt they'd make it so you can miss enough conversations to screw yourself so most likely they all come in at the end. There's no way I'm getting 100% for her topics though, no way in hell. I know I have to have missed some by now but if they seriously expect me to just go backtracking through every dungeon after every event, they're out of their minds.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ah, I found the problem with the choice on level 5. I didn't know that I had to re-dive to get it. I thought I was done with it until I got enough to continue on to level 6, due to all the conversations after level 5, but when I finally got enough I went back to level 5. I was able to make a choice then. Now I'm kind of curious as to whether or not some conversations would've changed in the time it took me to discover this.

Let me just say that the music on level 6 is kick ass. It's probably one of the better songs in the game.

Gilder on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I picked this up yesterday but made the mistake of logging into WoW and got roped into heroics. I'm going to play this so hard tonight.

The combat still the same as the first one? And does it have a character like Jack? I always liked Jack for some reason.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2009
    No and no.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The combat is, in my opinion, greatly improved. Then again, I really like action-RPGs, so YMMV

The characters are somewhat blander, though, which sucks. The story and characters were my favorite part of AT1.

I still think it's a very good game, albeit with some flaws that might bother others to the point of making it unplayable. Code bugs, translation errors, etc.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Glenn565 wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    No, NISA's standards have gone way down lately. Rhapsody DS was a buggy mess.

Really. Houk? Any insight? Is NISA not doing so good financially or something?

That's not it. NISA just doesn't put the same effort into Gust games as their other products.
    this is absolutely 100% not true

honestly there really isn't any good excuse for it. i mean, there are excuses, but basically it boils down to 'yeah, we dropped the ball pretty bad'

but no, it has nothing to do with our finances or anything. luckily we havent had to make any cuts or changes in that department

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Any news on a plan for the "This boss move locks the game up" bug?

Also if you're allowed to talk about it, could you please tell us why exactly only half of the game got voiced in english? It's really dumb that scenes voiced in the japanese version are silent in ours.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Kainy wrote: »
    I still think it's a very good game, albeit with some flaws that might bother others to the point of making it unplayable. Code bugs, translation errors, etc.

Or, if you're my friend, the sheer amount of innuendo will make you stop playing it. Seriously, he played up to the first Dualstall before questioning how I was able to endure it.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Kainy wrote: »
    The combat is, in my opinion, greatly improved. Then again, I really like action-RPGs, so YMMV

The characters are somewhat blander, though, which sucks. The story and characters were my favorite part of AT1.

Funny, I feel the opposite.

I think AT1's battle system was better, but AT2's story is more appealing. It's less silly, and takes itself more seriously.

AT2 has some interesting new features, but it feels slowed down overall. And I miss being able to let a song's percentage go through the stratosphere.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Wait, what? I'm currently replaying AT1, and it takes forever to get a song to over 10000%, while in AT2 that usually occurs 5 seconds into a battle. And even 3 rounds of Replekia gets a song to 775000%; I don't ever recall getting anywhere close to that in AT1.

I also favor the Ranking as opposed to the HarmoGauge for determining what dropped items you get.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I WANT YOU TO DIVE INTO ME RIGHT NOW!

This bitch is crazy as fuck.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Any news on a plan for the "This boss move locks the game up" bug?

Also if you're allowed to talk about it, could you please tell us why exactly only half of the game got voiced in english? It's really dumb that scenes voiced in the japanese version are silent in ours.
    Apparently (because, again, I'm not involved), as long as you deal at least 40k damage before the 3rd defense phase, she won't do the move that locks the game and you can beat her. Or just kill her before that phase comes up.

Or hunt down a BC ps3 i guess?

The voice stuff was a combination of budget and space. If we had voiced everything, there is a pretty good chance we would have had to lose the Japanese voice altogether, and also voicing everything would have increased the number of copies we had to sell to break even/make any kind of profit by quite a bit, very possibly to the point of us not doing so

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ah I see. It's still kind of annoying though to know that it could've been voiced. I think it should've just left out the JP voices but whatever. Luckily for the lock-up the game isn't that hard anyway and you can always turn the difficulty down if it gets that bad.

So in other news, I finished the third's cosmosphere. It had 2 really confusing bits.
    First off, level 8 is very odd. I got to it but I had "failed" and needed to make a different choice at stage 6. However I had gotten songs on stage 7 and I kept them. I thought maybe you had to do both paths on level 7 but then it seemed like the "wrong" path was never mentioned again. I also got different songs from that level 7. So I have no idea how level 8 works.

Second, I think it gave me a spell that I don't actually have. It had a sprite like all the spells get and I'm pretty sure it said I got it but I don't have it on my list. I can't even tell where it would go either because the spell list is kind of full. The only thing it could possibly go on is Dream Diver. I wish I could remember the spell name but I can't since I didn't actually get it.

Gilder on
  • Options
    ElitistbElitistb Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't see why they needed american voices to begin with. You've got the text of what they're saying right there.

I do wish that the videos had english subtitles. I of course played it with just the japanese voices, but the anime cutscenes had some speech with no subtitles.

Next time, skip the dubbing, just put in subtitles.

Elitistb on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2009
    Elitistb wrote: »
    I don't see why they needed american voices to begin with. You've got the text of what they're saying right there.

I do wish that the videos had english subtitles. I of course played it with just the japanese voices, but the anime cutscenes had some speech with no subtitles.

Next time, skip the dubbing, just put in subtitles.

Yes. That way it can't be released.

Great plan.

Aroduc on