Options

Super Robot Wars - OGs is OUT, OG Gaiden up next

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I encountered my first impossible to win battle D:

wound up haivng no more SP at all when trying to fight Augija. got her down to 15,000 something, and she still didn't retreat D:

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    FCD wrote: »
    Edit: Oh, and the reason Gilliam is same Gilliam in every universe is due to him being a dimensional traveler, or "Time Diver", as the SRW terminology goes. You know, kinda like the cast of Sliders, from back in the day.

What? Gilliam's not the Time Diver, Ingram/Cobray is.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Edit: Oh, and the reason Gilliam is same Gilliam in every universe is due to him being a dimensional traveler, or "Time Diver", as the SRW terminology goes. You know, kinda like the cast of Sliders, from back in the day.

Yeah. Gilliam
    is from the same dimension as Lemon and Axel. Only reason he crossed over was so he couldn't be used to bring others across dimensions

Which now makes me wonder...
    If the dimension the Shadow Mirrors come from was simply a alternate reality centering around "What if Excellen didn't survive the crash as a child",then who is the dimension A's Gilliam? And what happened to dimension A's Lemon

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lanz wrote: »

wound up haivng no more SP at all when trying to fight Augija. got her down to 15,000 something, and she still didn't retreat D:

Have you been watching your Pilot points for the big 100 to get SP Regen? you uh.....kind of need it.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Seriously, reality is just totally fucking broken in SRW games. Let's be honest here, guys.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Also, OG isn't seperate from the other universes. Masaki knows Char personally.

wait, they actually reference Char in one of the OG games?

In OG2, when Masaki nick-names Sleigh "Comet" to go along with Ibis' "Shooting-Star".

That was a simple in-joke as far as I can tell.
    Every character except Gilliam and Ingram/Cobray seem to be exclusive to their universes, except in Ingram's case he's a clone that seems to be aware of himself across the multiverse, and Cobray... well, he ends up being the new Time Diver.

Yeah. Gilliam
    is from the same dimension as Lemon and Axel. Only reason he crossed over was so he couldn't be used to bring others across dimensions

If the dimension the Shadow Mirrors come from was simply a alternate reality centering around "What if Excellen didn't survive the crash as a child",then who is the dimension A's Gilliam? And what happened to dimension A's Lemon

Regarding all that.
    Gilliam doesn't even come from the Shadow Mirror-verse, though he stopped there a while. He came from (I -think-) at least one other SRW game and most definitely Hero Senki, an SNES RPG he was in. Gilliam's a member of your party in his trademark Gespenst for most of the game until he recovers his memory and ends up being the villain. He gets whooped and I guess he feels remorse over what he did, leading to the good Gilliam we see now.

Shadow-mirror verse is indeed all you mentioned, but apparently quite a bit more fucked up than that. Also, there seems to be only ONE Gilliam.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gilliam gets the fuck around

Furu on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Furu wrote: »

Didn't he sleep with Viletta, too? Or was that just in a doujin-universe?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Probably, but in the doujin-universe, apparently Arado's the one who sleeps with just about everyone.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Matthew wrote: »
    Does the Alpha series ever give any reason why Elzam is dressed up as Ratsel? Sure in OG he's a criminal in hiding, but what about Alpha?

I think it just started out as a joking reference to Char's be-sunglassed "secret identity" as Quatro Bajina from Zeta Gundam, and then they just kept it in OG2. It makes sense, given how Elzam loves to personalize his mechs with custom paintjobs, much as Char does.

not to mention though that he tends to cancel it out by shouting TROMBE! all the time

What can I say? Fucker loves his horse. :lol:

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Man, for a clone of a guy, Viletta is entirely too hot. I'm just sayin', is all.

FCD on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I thought Time Diver was the term SRW used for people who travel through alternate dimensions. My apologies if such is not the case.

FCD on
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

In OG2, when Masaki nick-names Sleigh "Comet" to go along with Ibis' "Shooting-Star".

Every character except Gilliam and Ingram/Cobray seem to be exclusive to their universes, except in Ingram's case he's a clone that seems to be aware of himself across the multiverse, and Cobray... well, he ends up being the new Time Diver.

Yeah. Gilliam

Regarding all that.
    Gilliam doesn't even come from the Shadow Mirror-verse, though he stopped there a while. He came from (I -think-) at least one other SRW game and most definitely Hero Senki, an SNES RPG he was in. Gilliam's a member of your party in his trademark Gespenst for most of the game until he recovers his memory and ends up being the villain. He gets whooped and I guess he feels remorse over what he did, leading to the good Gilliam we see now.

Shadow-mirror verse is indeed all you mentioned, but apparently quite a bit more fucked up than that. Also, there seems to be only ONE Gilliam.

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I thought Time Diver was the term SRW used for people who travel through alternate dimensions. My apologies if such is not the case.
    Cobray's job as a Time Diver is to maintain the balance of the various dimensions. Gilliam is just a dimensional hopper trying to atone for his past crimes, and ends up in the OG universe.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    CyborgZeta wrote: »
    Cobray's job as a Time Diver is to maintain the balance of the various dimensions. Gilliam is just a dimensional hopper trying to atone for his past crimes, and ends up in the OG universe.

For now though he's decided he liked the OG world enough to stick around. Not like he's got a choice anymore ;-)

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    SO, I was looking at that Wiki, and It hasn't been able to ansewer my questions about the Twin Battle System/Twin Seishins and stuff.

How do engage units in the twin system, and what does it do, exactly? create "Squads" kind of?

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I wonder if Banpresto ever settled its legal troubles with Winkysoft? I hope so, because I'd like to see the Maso Kishin and other La Gias mechs in an SRW game again.

FCD on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Have you been watching your Pilot points for the big 100 to get SP Regen? you uh.....kind of need it.

D: how bad am I going to need it. Im like at episode 24 now

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Pretty badly.

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Pretty badly.

fuck

looks like it's time to start saving...

at what point am I going to start running into trouble, any ideas? generally I have at least two healers via the two resupply and two repair modules I have on two of my units

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Pretty badly.

fuck

You'll start running into HP regenerating bosses that don't run away after X turns. SP Regen is a godsend for these missions. Get it, love it, and cherish it.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Pretty badly.

fuck

at what point am I going to start running into trouble, any ideas? generally I have at least two healers via the two resupply and two repair modules I have on two of my units

Since you just got the Chokojin, I don't think you have long, I think you nearing the first fight with Ouka's Rapiecage If I'm remembering right.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Pretty badly.

fuck

Since you just got the Chokojin, I don't think you have long, I think you nearing the first fight with Ouka's Rapiecage If I'm remembering right.

hmm, is that in either route? I've been sticking with Kyosuke pretty much. I did hear Latooni talking about encountering Ouka when everyone met back up

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Also, what'd be the best means of building up PP quickly?

looks like a lot of my guys range from 40+ to 75 PP (Arado takes that fortunate honor).

unfortunately, Russel has 0 D:

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Pretty badly.

fuck

hmm, is that in either route? I've been sticking with Kyosuke pretty much. I did hear Latooni talking about encountering Ouka when everyone met back up

Ah, then you'll probably run into Thrudegemir/Galgau/Soulgain before too long.

Best way to get PP? Kill things, even ones you really don't "view as a threat to your mission" also, remember to use the Seishin that give more more EXP and Cash! They are extremely underrated.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Goddamit I hate the Ryusei route, I'm rememded now of how much the early missions suck. now how the hell am I suppose to stop 1 of the lions from reaching where the hagane is docked if there's so many, in addition to me having to cut through so many trying to make sure I kill all of them by turn 5 to get the BM? I don't remember this mission being so tough on the GBA.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    SirNickSirNick Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

looks like a lot of my guys range from 40+ to 75 PP (Arado takes that fortunate honor).

Chain Attacks tend to be really really good for me for getting lots of PP in a single blast, for the pilots that have that.

Also, kitting somebody up to be a counter-attacking machine is a great way to level somebody up from zero to hero really quickly. For Russell, getting him inside some armor machine with a lower HP level (like a kitted-out Schutzwald) with a decent long-range weapon (say, the native Twin Beam Cannon on the Schutz or the Boost Hammer if you're all about the secret weapons) works wonders -- trigger Guard, charge forward, and let the carnage begin.

Granted, dodging hits is better than taking hits, but Russell's all about being tough as nails.

EDIT: Map weapons for the win, too -- Giganscudo + Strike + lots of grunts = mondo cash and PP.

EDIT 2: I think the SP issue really only starts cropping up once you're in the 30s, stage-wise. You've got some time to farm and even then with smart play you should be okay.

SirNick on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    thanks guys :D this helped

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Holy fuck, they made those stupid early Ryusei missions a LOT harder in OGs.

I have NO recollection there were this many planes and Lions in Mission 8. (The one where you can't let an enemy get to the dock.)

My question is....Why? Why make it harder? (the damn Ryusei route, early on, was hard enough.) what? to make some stupid attempt for the ATX team to become more popular because their route isn't assrapingly hard? people overrate Excellen and Kyosuke enough. and I'm unsure if they kept in the "die and get more moines to spend" trick for the OG1 section.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah. Gilliam

Gilliam's pre-battle conversations with the Shadow Mirror leaders in the late game missions demonstrate that this is not the case.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Best way to get PP, aside from killing a lot of stuff fast, is Battle Masteries. :D

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    What bugs me is this, Towards the end of OG1 on the Ryusei route, you Still get Zengar back and have some time to pump a bit of money into his HP/Armor and Zankantou, but on the Kyosuke route, you just outright don't get access to Variable Formation. I don't understand that. Why can't it be like they just don't approve pattern OOC until about the time Zengar rejoins in the Ryusei Route?

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Yeah. Gilliam

Regarding all that.

Hahahaha

Chibi Shuu and Chibi Granzon

Furu on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I can't believe I'm going to have to do the awful Kyosuke route the first playthrough just because someone at Banpresto thought it be a smart idea to make the Ryusei route harder than it allready is at the begiining of it.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Yeah. Gilliam

Regarding all that.

Hahahaha

Chibi Shuu and Chibi Granzon

Here's the second part of the video.

EDIT: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JMMolKOT9Lo

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FYlfiaPehrc

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    OGs question:

If I was to play through the Kyosuke Route, and at the end, could I do both an OG1 New Game+ AND a OG2 carryover, or just one or the other?

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Best way to get PP, aside from killing a lot of stuff fast, is Battle Masteries. :D
    A different, slower, more boring (and maybe kinda cheating) way to get PP is forgetting all about the Battle Masteries and get bunches of Game Overs so you can replay missions over and over again, building up your PP (and experience points and money).

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I think the moral of the story is only play the Ryusei Route on a New Game +

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I reiterate my previous statement in which I mentioned Russel being the best Rouse user in OG2 (with Focus and SP Regen).

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS