• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lanz wrote: »
    I encountered my first impossible to win battle D:

wound up haivng no more SP at all when trying to fight Augija. got her down to 15,000 something, and she still didn't retreat D:

Have you been watching your Pilot points for the big 100 to get SP Regen? you uh.....kind of need it.

D: how bad am I going to need it. Im like at episode 24 now

Pretty badly.

fuck

looks like it's time to start saving...

at what point am I going to start running into trouble, any ideas? generally I have at least two healers via the two resupply and two repair modules I have on two of my units

Since you just got the Chokojin, I don't think you have long, I think you nearing the first fight with Ouka's Rapiecage If I'm remembering right.

hmm, is that in either route? I've been sticking with Kyosuke pretty much. I did hear Latooni talking about encountering Ouka when everyone met back up

Ah, then you'll probably run into Thrudegemir/Galgau/Soulgain before too long.

Best way to get PP? Kill things, even ones you really don't "view as a threat to your mission" also, remember to use the Seishin that give more more EXP and Cash! They are extremely underrated.

I've never understood why there isn't a seishin that increases the amount of PP you get per enemy defeated, especially since SP Regenerate is so critical and expensive. If they are worried about it negatively impacting the game's balance, they could just have it consume more SP than Bless or Cheer to account for that.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    OGS added the Training spirit command that does just that, for a twin unit.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Vhalyar wrote: »
    OGS added the Training spirit command that does just that, for a twin unit.

Niiiiice! :D

FCD on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I can't believe I'm going to have to do the awful Kyosuke route the first playthrough just because someone at Banpresto thought it be a smart idea to make the Ryusei route harder than it allready is at the begiining of it.

How you can call the Alteisen awful makes no sense to me.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    God, I love the Alt. Especially during the test fight with the R-1. That CG sequence they did for it was awesome 8-)

FCD on
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Pata wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm going to have to do the awful Kyosuke route the first playthrough just because someone at Banpresto thought it be a smart idea to make the Ryusei route harder than it allready is at the begiining of it.

I just don't like it. it's just a new version of the shittiest unit in the game, the Gespenst, and dear god, it shows, both the alt and the Weiss seem boring to me. Oh wow, it has huge mines on it's shouders it can use as a weapon!

Give me a Exploding Telekinetic Sword or Telekinetic Fists over that anyday. Also, TK Barriers. Weiss dies more often than the R-3.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I just don't like it. it's just a new version of the shittiest unit in the game, the Gespenst, and dear god, it shows, both the alt and the Weiss seem boring to me. Oh wow, it has huge mines on it's shouders it can use as a weapon!

Give me a Exploding Telekinetic Sword or Telekinetic Fists over that anyday. Also, TK Barriers. Weiss dies more often than the R-3.

The Alt has insane amount of power. Most things die quickly when it fires its weapons.

How the heck is Weiss even getting hit for you? If you're using her right it shouldn't even be touched.

Also.

Rampage Ghost is the best attack,

Pata on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

The Alt has insane amount of power. Most things die quickly when it fires its weapons.

How the heck is Weiss even getting hit for you? If you're using her right it shouldn't even be touched.

Also.

Rampage Ghost is the best attack,

I don't care, I like Energy, not explosives and bullets.

Simple, I try and spead my upgrades around, Weiss lacks defenses for when it does get hit. the R-3 has the TK Field. A Beam Coat is not going to save you from much.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Pata, give up. He doesn't want to like Alt and Weiss, so he won't, and the game will rape him in the ass for it, and we'll all have a good laugh. Personally, I love the one-shot wonders.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Best way to get PP, aside from killing a lot of stuff fast, is Battle Masteries. :D
    A different, slower, more boring (and maybe kinda cheating) way to get PP is forgetting all about the Battle Masteries and get bunches of Game Overs so you can replay missions over and over again, building up your PP (and experience points and money).

ah! so then even if something does happen and I hit a wall, I'll still be able to cross it eventaully? just after being sure to not restart each time and instead building my PP and getting them the things they need before deployment?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Best way to get PP, aside from killing a lot of stuff fast, is Battle Masteries. :D
    A different, slower, more boring (and maybe kinda cheating) way to get PP is forgetting all about the Battle Masteries and get bunches of Game Overs so you can replay missions over and over again, building up your PP (and experience points and money).

ah! so then even if something does happen and I hit a wall, I'll still be able to cross it eventaully?

That's hot-blooded courage and bravery right there, if you take it in a literal sense. :D

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I got past that Ryusei mission finally, because I forgot, you can have a unit square sit the square you can't let the enemies get to.

But now, Mission 10 is next. "Hey Tempest, remember me? this time I'm packing two well upgraded M95s!"

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Man, I've forgotten how hard this Mastery is to get.

How am I supposed to not waste SP when I need to use at least Focus in order to not get hit by Tempest, so I can go destroy all the other enemies first?

It's like I just can't get a lot of these masteries and I have to miss out on so many secrets because of it.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Question.

Do I have to play though both routes on OG1 to get the New Game+? Or do I just have to do one and can then New Game+ the other.

Pata on
  • Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Pata, give up. He doesn't want to like Alt and Weiss, so he won't, and the game will rape him in the ass for it, and we'll all have a good laugh. Personally, I love the one-shot wonders.

Indeed. I've murdered almost all of the bosses with Rampage Ghost hitting over 22k just about every time.

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm okay anyway, heck, I still managed to pick up the Matery in Mission 10, I forgot how easy it is just to kill all the Lions on Counterattacks while working on Tempest.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Question.

Do I have to play though both routes on OG1 to get the New Game+? Or do I just have to do one and can then New Game+ the other.

I'm pretty sure you get the Newgame+ on the other story after beating one of them.

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Indeed. I've murdered almost all of the bosses with Rampage Ghost hitting over 22k just about every time.

I can't figure how anyone could beat any of the OG games or routes without Rampage Ghost. I can't imagine it being any fun, though.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Y'know, with all the emphasis on Attacker, SP Regen, SP Up (I'm looking at you, Rai and Aya, my SP mule bitch sub-pilots.), Focus, and now Predict/Guard depending on the pilot, I find it hard to find room for Gunfight/In-Fight and other small pilot skills, haha.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Attacker, Will Limit Break, Infight/Gunfight. Rawr, you can't enhance the damage formula any further except by raising stats, terrains and getting the ace bonus. SP Regen allows you to keep the carnage going which is good.

Focus is nice but not exactly important except on support characters, Guard is nice on Task and Bullet since they have the spare slots for it.

And unless it changed, Predict is still a big waste of skill slot and PP. Well, it's a tiny bit better now that stats need more PP to be raised, but still not good.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    So uh. I saw a foot tall(ish) Lamia figurine at one of the smaller booths at Comic Con for 25 bucks today. I didn't buy it in hopes of me finding one of Takaya Noriko from Gunbuster.

I know VC's response already, but... Am I stupid for doing this? Me hopes it'll still be there tomorrow. Haha!

I normally don't buy anime figurines mostly out of a lack of space and incredibly refined tastes (As in I don't run around buying every figurine I see because I can or because it looks cute.), but damn. I'd definitely get stuff along the lines of SRW and Gunbuster.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I can't figure how anyone could beat any of the OG games or routes without Rampage Ghost. I can't imagine it being any fun, though.

M95s of Doom, hell even a Boosted Rifle of doom, Grungusts Darkness Slash, Liberal use of Akashic Buster/Cosmo Nova on Cybuster, Grugust Type 2 is awesome If Upgraded, R-Series is pretty good with R-Formation, Sure Rampage Ghost is more Powerful because you only need to Upgrade 2 Pilots, thus more money is poured into the damage, but you can't use Rampage Ghose 3 times in a row without the help of Enable. Plus with the SRX, It can match Zengar's Armor and HP, in addition, Nendoh Baksukai Ken can match Type 0's Zankantou in Damage. Also Zengar doesn't benefit from a TK Field S, which I think is one of the better shields in a game.

Also Cross Smasher on the Valsion Custom is damn nice.

When I got the Alt and Weiss into my Roster in the Ryusei route, I gave them some basic upgrades, but the damage wasn't much to look at, and I got frustrated because the Weiss kept dying. and a lot of my money went into everything else. Upgraded the R-Seires isn't cheap. but at least their fields keeps them alive if they get hit, unlike the weiss, even when I get finally get half the mobility notches for it, tough Grunts (Read: Hulehs and Vaikuls) and bosses still hit it pretty often. and the Alt's generally useless when the Weiss goes. And It takes so long before Trump Card is finally ready.

As for the Alt, for something being somewhat Tanky/Dodgy..... why does the R-2 do it better, and even has a Shield when the Alt doesn't? Beam Chakram did more damage than Stake, and it was more Cost Effective because I didn't have to play around with Ammo, EN wasn't an issue, even back then, the R-2 had like pretty damn close to 300 EN.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Question.

I'm pretty sure you get the Newgame+ on the other story after beating one of them.

Thank goodness.

Pata on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fraid not. In the original GBA cartridge, I had to beat both to get a new game +.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fraid not. In the original GBA cartridge, I had to beat both to get a new game +.

D:

D:

D:

Noooo....

Also.
    What the heck R-Gun Rivale? Nothing should have so much HP the game can't display it properly.

Add in that Warp Field ability and the freaking regnerating health hax and arrrgggggg....

Nothing should survive two Valored Rampage Ghosts. Nothing.

Pata on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The "so much HP the screen can't display it" is tradition, really.

Alpha 3 does the same thing all the time.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

M95s of Doom, hell even a Boosted Rifle of doom, Grungusts Darkness Slash, Liberal use of Akashic Buster/Cosmo Nova on Cybuster, Grugust Type 2 is awesome If Upgraded, R-Series is pretty good with R-Formation, Sure Rampage Ghost is more Powerful because you only need to Upgrade 2 Pilots, thus more money is poured into the damage, but you can't use Rampage Ghose 3 times in a row without the help of Enable. Plus with the SRX, It can match Zengar's Armor and HP, in addition, Nendoh Baksukai Ken can match Type 0's Zankantou in Damage. Also Zengar doesn't benefit from a TK Field S, which I think is one of the better shields in a game.

Also Cross Smasher on the Valsion Custom is damn nice.

And not a single one can match Rampage Ghost for damage. I see you made Sanger suck too. Strange choice.
    When I got the Alt and Weiss into my Roster in the Ryusei route, I gave them some basic upgrades, but the damage wasn't much to look at, and I got frustrated because the Weiss kept dying. and a lot of my money went into everything else. Upgraded the R-Seires isn't cheap. but at least their fields keeps them alive if they get hit, unlike the weiss, even when I get finally get half the mobility notches for it, tough Grunts (Read: Hulehs and Vaikuls) and bosses still hit it pretty often. and the Alt's generally useless when the Weiss goes. And It takes so long before Trump Card is finally ready.

As for the Alt, for something being somewhat Tanky/Dodgy..... why does the R-2 do it better, and even has a Shield when the Alt doesn't? Beam Chakram did more damage than Stake, and it was more Cost Effective because I didn't have to play around with Ammo, EN wasn't an issue, even back then, the R-2 had like pretty damn close to 300 EN.

On my playthrough of the Ryusei route, Alt was one-shotting everything up until I actually reached the White Star. As was Weiss. Nothing damages Alt more than like 320 HP at a time and that's only for stuff like Rivale. And Weiss simply can't be hit. You wanted them to suck, so you made them suck.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hrrm. Should I or should I not get the Lamia figurine tomorrow? I'm pretty much set on the fact that not a single booth is selling a Noriko one.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I didn't really WANT them to suck, I spent money on them, they were just on a back burner, they were effective that what they did though, dying so my support units and the R-Series doesnt have to.

I hat ebing told I'm wrong when it's a style preference.

FOr Example, I spend money on Super Robots, but not things like Gundams in @3, Because I didn't like the style of Gundam that much, I upgraded Amuro, along with Basara and the Fire Bomber Crew and the Nightmares, only because I do need SOME upgraded reals, But I don't upgrade any other Gundams or Reals, People have called me insane for not Upgrading Wing Zero or Strike/Strike Rouge/Freedom/Justice. I just told them, I dislike the Wing cast, and the SEED cast even more. I asked him when he didn't upgrade so he could upgrade Strike and Wing Zero, he said He did not Upgrade Shin Getter and Mazinkaizer.

It's the same way with OG's I find Kyosuke to not be an interesting Character, and his unit is a Real that thinks it's a Super, especially cosidered it was sired from the weakest unit in the game. I dislike Excellen because she's annoying.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Speaking of figures, I just pre-oredred the Revoltech Macross Valkyrie and Black Getter, yay.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    That booth had really good stuff. (Revoltech)
    HERE'S HOPING FOR GURREN LAGANN FIFGURES!

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Also.
    What the heck R-Gun Rivale? Nothing should have so much HP the game can't display it properly.

Add in that Warp Field ability and the freaking regnerating health hax and arrrgggggg....

Nothing should survive two Valored Rampage Ghosts. Nothing.
    Remember:
    Energy Drain is your friend. If the R-Gun Rivale doesn't have his precious EN, his Warp Field defence doesn't work.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    And by the way, I did not make Zengar suck, I got him late in the game, and he had just as many upgrades as the SRX did. Their Damage output was exactly the same, the difference was Zengar got knocked around a lot by Rivale/Judecca and actually got shot down in the Rivale fight. I didn't have the money to pump armor, and the only part I hand for him was a Chobham Armor. (R-2 was using Orochlarium, SRX was using Z.O. Armor.)

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hrrm. Should I or should I not get the Lamia figurine tomorrow? I'm pretty much set on the fact that not a single booth is selling a Noriko one.

Hell no. Figurines are creepy.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I didn't really WANT them to suck, I spent money on them, they were just on a back burner, they were effective that what they did though, dying so my support units and the R-Series doesnt have to.

You deliberately nerfed them because you don't like them. "Oh I don't like ammo!" What so you're actively against playing to your character's strengths? Brilliant strategy.

Edit: Ryusei is a colossal douche, but I'm not about to throw away T-Link Sword over that. That would be stupid.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Having a useful support pilot waste his turn refilling somebody's ammo get's annoying, so rather than hit something with his Remote Slasher of doom, Ryoto has to waste his turn (or cough up the SP for Zeal, and even then he might have to get out of range to resupply.) just because the Alt is out of Ammo, in addition to that, that also means that one less of my Energy Drain pilots for a turn.

Why Bother with that When you can rely on EN Instead and make units that are Roaring Furnaces of EN.

But woulden't you end up doing the same thing? Playing through the Ryusei Route, you would upgrade the ATX pilots a lot when you get them because you like them more, and then, the R-series would not get used to it's full potential.

the R-1 would only be used for using the Shishioh Blade, the R-2 would just be "Shultzwald MKII" and I'm not sure what would be done with the R-3. player preference can do these things.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Why Bother with that When you can rely on EN Instead and make units that are Roaring Furnaces of EN.

Because half the units in the game have no worthwhile EN based attacks or abilities. Essentially, I bother so I can have twice as many effective units, and so that I can build strategies that don't involve any of my units dying, so I come out with more money after every mission.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Furu wrote: »
    The "so much HP the screen can't display it" is tradition, really.

Alpha 3 does the same thing all the time.

They eventually show the bosses HP when you whittle it down enough. And they show the actual display, too.

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Well with stuff like M95s anmd such, they at least have decent ammo Capacity.

The Alt gets:

5 Stake shots,

3-4 Claymore shots?

1 Trump Card

Weiss gets:

6 Oxtoungue B Shots?

2 Oxtoungue D?

I think you'd have to reload more than you think. as for Rampage Ghost, it's EN based, yet the Alt and Weiss just don't have really big EN pools, they are going to run out, pretty quickly, yes?

Now.

M95 of doom has fifteen shots. If you combine them with other good weapons, you shouden't need to reload. I don't remember how much, but I remember not having ammo problems with Boosted Rifle either.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Upgrading the weapons involved in the combo attacks is worth it no matter what path you take. Pumping out multiple Variable Formations and Rampage Ghost every turn is both hilarious and murder. Even Septuagint with all BMs, so over 300k HP, can't stand up to that.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif