As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guitar Hero: Use the other thread

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kor wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    As another who is actually looking forward to "Pop Hero" (should have named it that)...I have a few songs I wouldn't mind seeing.

"Barely Breathing" - Dunkin Sheik
    "This Old Apartment" - Barenaked Ladies
    "Video Killed the Radio Star" - The Buggles
    "Our House" - Madness

If you're going to get any version for "Video Killed the Radio Star" get the PUSA version. It atleast has the appropriate instruments being played instead of 85% synth.

You're right, the PUSA version would fit the game better. Get to it!

Also, new ones I thought of for "Pop Hero."

"Mmm" - Crash Test Dummies
    "Ten Days Late" - Third Eye Blind
    "One Headlight" - The Wallflowers
    "Flag Pole Sidda" - Johnny Danger

Oh, and I did it. I pre-ordered GH5 today...so GH: VH is in the bag for me also. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Just pointing out here that it's "Flagpole Sitta" by Harvey Danger.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    jclast wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    So maybe you guys can answer this... I looked on the back of the GH5 preorder box.
    Did I read it right? It says that you can play 4 players, each with a guitar. I don't know very many bands that have 3 guitarists, namely just The Eagles for a few songs (When Henley decides to get out from behind the drums) and Collective Soul (3 guitarists and 1 bassist).

Despite the game not featuring it, doesn't Aerosmith have lead, rhythm, and bass pretty much all the time? I am pretty sure they do, and it would have been awesome to have that option in the game.

No, they choose one of bass or rhythm guitar for each song (depending on which one they think is more fun) and chart that. So no song has more than two guitar parts.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    JC of DI wrote: »

Just pointing out here that it's "Flagpole Sitta" by Harvey Danger.

Yea, I figured I spelled it wrong. I was too lazy to make sure though. :P

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    glithert wrote: »
    Schide wrote: »
    Holy crap! GHWT has auto kick. I thought they only started that with Metallica.

Well now I'm going to have to play some pain free GHWT drumming.

You should do it with me!
    And other people should join in!
    Right now!

Despite me not liking the drums in GH, this is fucking cool and something RB should implement.

Does auto kick disable drumming Achievements?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Holy crap! GHWT has auto kick. I thought they only started that with Metallica.

Well now I'm going to have to play some pain free GHWT drumming.

You should do it with me!
    And other people should join in!
    Right now!

Despite me not liking the drums in GH, this is fucking cool and something RB should implement.

Does auto kick disable drumming Achievements?

Yeah, it disables pretty much everything, Achievements, in game cash, Leaderboards, even Live play, so you can't play online with it unfortunately.

It's still fun to just play stuff though. I can actually do songs in expert with it on, and that's a lot more fun than only being able to do medium with it off.

Schide on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was never really a big fan of World Tour when I rented it, but I just saw a used copy going for $14.00 and figured that was a pretty good deal. So I bit. If only so that I can export songs to Guitar Hero 5.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The Rolling Stones Track Pack - Available September 3rd, 2009
    1.)Prodigal Son (Live 1969)
    2.)You Gotta Move (Live1969)
    3.)Under My Thumb (Live 1969)
    4.)I'm Free (Live 1969)
    5.)(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (Live 1969)

Per Neversofts twitter page as well as a press release.

Woo, can't have too much Stones...although I wish they put "Beast of Burden" on there.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I would have loved a newer version of Paint it Black. I loved playing that. oh well.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That would be a neat trick.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Rolling Stones Track Pack - Available September 3rd, 2009
    1.)Prodigal Son (Live 1969)
    2.)You Gotta Move (Live1969)
    3.)Under My Thumb (Live 1969)
    4.)I'm Free (Live 1969)
    5.)(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (Live 1969)

Per Neversofts twitter page as well as a press release.

Woo, can't have too much Stones...although I wish they put "Beast of Burden" on there.

And in Europe only, the last three are a 4 month timed 360 exclusive. Because fuck you, that's why.

Anyway, they should do the Jonny Lang version of Paint It Black.

Actually, they should do some Joe Bonamassa. Alot of it.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Was that to me? Yeah, I know the master is a bit fucked, with Bass and Lead on the same track. Doesn't stop me wanting it.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »

Was that to me? Yeah, I know the master is a bit fucked, with Bass and Lead on the same track. Doesn't stop me wanting it.

I think he is referring to the fact that Brian Jones wrote the main riff, the acoustic part, and played the sitar on the song, and passed away in 1969. A newer version would be difficult unless you wanted a modern live version without him.

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sucks that one of the music games finally gets more Stones and it's live stuff. I was excited till I saw all those parantheses.

After being burned by the Iron Maiden pack in RB, the only live track I'll ever buy from this point will have "I Want You to Want Me" attached to the front of it.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Endaro wrote: »

I think he is referring to the fact that Brian Jones wrote the main riff, the acoustic part, and played the sitar on the song, and passed away in 1969. A newer version would be difficult unless you wanted a modern live version without him.

Actually, it was in reference to wanting Beast of Burden in what appears to be a live set recorded eight years before the song was written... Neat trick...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Actually, it was in reference to wanting Beast of Burden in what appears to be a live set recorded eight years before the song was written... Neat trick...

*shrug* It was worth a guess. I assumed it was some anachronism...

As for the disappointment that these are live tracks: At least they are live from 1969. The Iron Maiden back that "burned" you were live recordings from a good deal of time after the original album recording, when Bruce Dickinson didn't have quite the voice he used to. These tracks are the Stones in their prime.

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

*shrug* It was worth a guess. I assumed it was some anachronism...

As for the disappointment that these are live tracks: At least they are live from 1969. The Iron Maiden back that "burned" you were live recordings from a good deal of time after the original album recording, when Bruce Dickinson didn't have quite the voice he used to. These tracks are the Stones in their prime.

I realize that, but I haven't liked a live track in Rock Band, so it's probably just safer this way.

I don't like live tracks, period. I'm probably the only Who fan who hates Live at Leeds.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I didn't exactly mean a new version of the song, but having the song in a newer game.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sucks that one of the music games finally gets more Stones and it's live stuff. I was excited till I saw all those parantheses.

After being burned by the Iron Maiden pack in RB, the only live track I'll ever buy from this point will have "I Want You to Want Me" attached to the front of it.

So, you'll be getting Band Hero then?

Actually, I tell a lie. All that's been announced is "I Want You To Want Me", no word on live or no.

Current Band Hero tracklist divied up into announced songs and announced artists.
    All American Rejects - Dirty Little Secret
    Cheap Trick - I Want You To Want Me
    David Bowie - Let's Dance
    Don McLean - American Pie
    Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Goin' Down
    Fall Out Boy - Thnks fr th mmrs
    Jackson 5 - ABC
    Janet Jackson - Black Cat
    KT Tunstall - Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
    Lily Allen -Take What You Take
    Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved
    No Doubt - Just A Girl
    Nelly Furtado - Turn Off The Light
    Poison - Every Rose Has It's Thorn
    Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
    Roy Orbison - Pretty Woman
    Taylor Swift - Love Story
    Taylor Swift -Picture to Burn
    Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me
    Tonic - If You Could Only See

Avril Lavigne
    blink-182
    Culture Club
    Duffy
    Duran Duran
    Jesse McCartney
    Marvin Gaye
    Pink
    Robbie Williams & Kylie Minogue (and it's gonna be "Kids", because that's the only one they've done together)
    The Go-Go's
    The Killers
    The Turtles
    Snow Patrol
    Spice Girls

Yes, you read that last one right. Time for glithert to get a new avatar!

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm not sure I read that last one right. Why would I want a Spice Girls avatar?

glithert on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Because Sammy Hagar is old news. Although on second look, he does look a bit like one of them. Drunk Spice.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    David_T wrote: »

Because Sammy Hagar is old news. Although on second look, he does look a bit like one of them. Drunk Spice.

Now I wish the Spice Girls were more like Menudo. Every few years a completely different set of girls to perpetuate the cash cow...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Them's fightin' words.

glithert on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Awesome, more Stones is always good.

I've also learned that those tracks are most likely from the Gimme Shelter film soundtrack, where some of the songs from it were played during the Madison Square Garden concert where the songs in Get Yer Ya-Yas Out! are from, with Under My Thumb being the song they were playing at Altamont when that dude got stabbed by the Hell's Angels.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I've also learned that those tracks are most likely from the Gimme Shelter film soundtrack, where some of the songs from it were played during the Madison Square Garden concert where the songs in Get Yer Ya-Yas Out! are from, with Under My Thumb being the song they were playing at Altamont when that dude got stabbed by the Hell's Angels.

I find this sentence confusing and hard to read.

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

So do I. It was poorly thought out and hastily cobbled together.

Satisfaction, You Gotta Move, Prodigal Son and I'm Free were most likely taken from a Madison Square Garden Show in 1969, which was the show where most of the songs from Get Yer Ya-Yas Out! were taken from, and from where footage was taken for the documentary film Gimme Shelter. Gimme Shelter also feature the infamous Altamont Speedway free show where the Hell's Angels were hired for security, basically. It was during their performance of Under My Thumb at Altamont where the 18 year old Meredith Hunter brandished a rifle and was consequently stabbed to death by the Hell's Angel Alan Passaro.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

So do I. It was poorly thought out and hastily cobbled together.

Satisfaction, You Gotta Move, Prodigal Son and I'm Free were most likely taken from a Madison Square Garden Show in 1969, which was the show where most of the songs from Get Yer Ya-Yas Out! were taken from, and from where footage was taken for the documentary film Gimme Shelter. Gimme Shelter also feature the infamous Altamont Speedway free show where the Hell's Angels were hired for security, basically. It was during their performance of Under My Thumb at Altamont where the 18 year old Meredith Hunter brandished a rifle and was consequently stabbed to death by the Hell's Angel Alan Passaro.
    In 1985, Passaro was found dead floating in the Anderson Reservoir with $10,000 in his pocket. Foul play was initially suspected but was never confirmed.

Man that is one crazy story.

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Actually, I tell a lie. All that's been announced is "I Want You To Want Me", no word on live or no.

Current Band Hero tracklist divied up into announced songs and announced artists.
    Jackson 5 - ABC
    No Doubt - Just A Girl

Avril Lavigne
    blink-182
    Culture Club
    Duffy
    Duran Duran
    Jesse McCartney
    Marvin Gaye
    Pink
    Robbie Williams & Kylie Minogue (and it's gonna be "Kids", because that's the only one they've done together)
    The Go-Go's
    The Killers
    The Turtles
    Snow Patrol
    Spice Girls

I was already going to get it, it is currently the only forthcoming Hero game I planned on getting.

And this new setlist solidifies why!

I think the only tracks on there I don't like are "Black Cat", and whatever Culture Club and Jesse McCartney song they'll spit out. The rest? Golden.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ffffffff rock band needs to get on to more stones. Thats a sweet ass list.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I'm going to be getting back on Xbox Live in the next month or two and I'm hankering for some World Tour action. Does anyone here play/how does the online work/is it worth playing?

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Jackson 5 - ABC
    No Doubt - Just A Girl

Avril Lavigne
    blink-182
    Culture Club
    Duffy
    Duran Duran
    Jesse McCartney
    Marvin Gaye
    Pink
    The Go-Go's
    The Killers
    The Turtles
    Snow Patrol
    Spice Girls

I was already going to get it, it is currently the only forthcoming Hero game I planned on getting.

I think the only tracks on there I don't like are "Black Cat", and whatever Culture Club and Jesse McCartney song they'll spit out. The rest? Golden.

I agree, for a more pop oriented track list, it's surprisingly awesome. Tonic, Don McLean, Maroon 5, Queen, and others solidify my purchase. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Jackson 5 - ABC
    No Doubt - Just A Girl

Avril Lavigne
    blink-182
    Culture Club
    Duffy
    Duran Duran
    Jesse McCartney
    Marvin Gaye
    Pink
    The Go-Go's
    The Killers
    The Turtles
    Snow Patrol
    Spice Girls

I agree, for a more pop oriented track list, it's surprisingly awesome. Tonic, Don McLean, Maroon 5, Queen, and others solidify my purchase. :D

I've gotten a few of those as RB DLC but I'm seriously tempted too. It's a solid list.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    when they announced Band Hero, I'm not sure what I expected for a track list, but they have surprised me. Heck, just to get my hands on a "American Pie" makes this worth it all by itself...but the addition to a very solid group of artists and songs make this a fantastic list of songs for the game, plus you can use all dlc and GH: WT on this game too, so you have a rather large collection of songs to use for Band Hero.

I'm still hoping for "Barely Breathing" by Dunkin Shiek as well as "Somebody Told Me" for the Killers song.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh, The Killers.

I'd love in no particular order:

-Bones
    -Read My Mind
    -For Reasons Unknown

Damn, better ask for a Sam's Town pack.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So I'm going to be getting back on Xbox Live in the next month or two and I'm hankering for some World Tour action. Does anyone here play/how does the online work/is it worth playing?

It's ok, I guess.

glithert on
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Update: I won't have the net until the end of the month, wherein I'm grabbing my own connection if I can afford it, which I should be able to. I'm currently using my school's net so pretty much everything's blocked. :P Apologies about this, I'll be back eventually.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I've never found the online play in either this or RB very compelling. Even with headsets, it never really feels to me like you're playing with other people. I always feel like I'm just playing the solo game with extra stuff happening on the screen. It doesn't really compare, in my opinion, to playing it in person with other people.

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Blech

They should've just called it "Guitar battle Vs. Steve Ouimette" Instead of getting people's hopes up.
    And I thought it was going to be free.

glithert on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    They're charging for that? o_O

It only sounds marginally better than a GHStudios track.

Normally I'm into that stuff. I love the boss battle pack for GH3. But that just doesn't look fun at all.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    But it's really hard
    Hard is fun

glithert on