Options

[WAR] This thread has seen the end of its slays.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Also, so that you guys know, the Chosen Disorient Aura, and all other Disorients for that matter, while they add a cast time to your skills, that cast time is not interrupted by movement, only set back by damage or jumping.

Also, I'm not sure you are ever going to get constant scenarios on lower tiers except for when there are alot of people rolling new characters / new classes / new server. All the PvP gives xp, so you wont have the twink brackets like in WoW, which means that the lower tiers are going to eventually empty out as people try to gear up and rank up their alts in T4.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Also, so that you guys know, the Chosen Disorient Aura, and all other Disorients for that matter, while they add a cast time to your skills, that cast time is not interrupted by movement, only set back by damage or jumping.
    Small mercies, at least.

Glal on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    IRON ROCK WEEKLY #3:

(Spoiled for size)
    2rq2h45.jpg

2woayyg.jpg

bgpkxy.jpg

2nq76vr.jpg

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    IRON ROCK WEEKLY #3:

2000-03-19.gif

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yep, pretty much.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I just spent four hours in epic T3 ORvR.

On Red Eye.

We even used strategery to confuse Order and get epic amounts of renown and beatdowns.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I just played a Mourkain's where we kept up in kills despite not having the artifact. I die, Destruction drops it, it resets and I just explode as I watch the Shadow-Warriors in the back sorta stumble around until it dawns on them that maybe they should get it. By now a Chosen is going for it and slows them down.

We lose by maybe 20 points. Oh, for the ability to team-kill.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Btw guys, I want to thank toefoo for signing up using my trial account. Thanks buddy. :3

Also I would like to also say nice OP. I'll send you some new stuff to add to it and spiff it up nice and pretty.

And if at all possible could you guys offset this one joker on my youtube DF vs. WAR ramble? Someone voted it 1 star. :(

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I gave it a five-star, and it is still one star with a single rating. And it says I voted already when I try to vote again.

Meh.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Btw where did you hear about these new mounts?

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Warhammer Alliance had a write-up, and a phone-cam video.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Btw guys, I want to thank toefoo for signing up using my trial account. Thanks buddy. :3

Also I would like to also say nice OP. I'll send you some new stuff to add to it and spiff it up nice and pretty.

And if at all possible could you guys offset this one joker on my youtube DF vs. WAR ramble? Someone voted it 1 star. :(

No problem dude.

I'm listening to the YouTube right now (I'm lazy and haven't listened previously) but I rated it 5 stars for ya.

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I should make up a DAoC's RvR vs WAR's microphone thing also...

And then maybe one for all the doomsayers out there.... "WHAT?! 300,000 subscribers, its the next AoC..."

Hell, one person tried to tell me that people would leave WAR for the 'new and improved' AoC.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    New Mounts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaBu396XLK8

But according to the write up, they're guild only. Guilds of around level 20 get a different color mount and Guilds around level 37 get an armored mount. They're slightly faster than the level 20 mounts and have a lower dismount chance.

Invisible on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I do wish they wouldn't lock so much stuff to guild size, I already have to hide all cloaks with stats due to them looking fuck-ugly withour heraldry.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Gah, I got so tired of the healers doing a piss-poor job that I ended up rolling a Shaman. He's already lvl 6 so I'll be caught up to my BO soon. Luckily for me, classes are late tomorrow night and I got this case of Rolling Rock to finish 8-)

Toefoo on
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Graboid has advanced to level 5 and the farthest i've gone from the initial greenskin spawn was to the local Trainer. I love RvR experience.

SH is really fun, as well. Makes my SW look like a bitch.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    BTW, what is the current word on guild ranks and offline players? Our guild of friends is 90% filled with our alts, and it's taken us months to go from 6 to 7. Was the whole "lawl don't worry, alts and people not playing doesn't affect the speed" spiel just bullshit and we should crop the alts?

Glal on
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Glal wrote: »
    BTW, what is the current word on guild ranks and offline players? Our guild of friends is 90% filled with our alts, and it's taken us months to go from 6 to 7. Was the whole "lawl don't worry, alts and people not playing doesn't affect the speed" spiel just bullshit and we should crop the alts?

if the alts/players are active, they won't effect you... sort of. Think of it this way, if everyone is contributing you're going to fly through the ranks. However, if you have a few people who aren't, then that just brings down your "average" and slow you down. We just purged 37 people out of the candymancers, and even though we still have over 100 characters still in the guild, it picked up a bit because none of those people had even signed on in the past month and a half or so. In summary, having alts in the guild doesn't hurt you unless you're not playing them. "Inactive" is probably relative as well. Having not logged on in a week is probably different than not being online since the game went live, though what kind of convoluted math would enable this I wouldn't care to fathom at this ungodly hour (damn work).

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ok, just spent all night grinding but my white lion is level 40 now. Let me know when you are on next ghost, so I can fetch you lots.

Jeix on
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Toefoo wrote: »
    Gah, I got so tired of the healers doing a piss-poor job that I ended up rolling a Shaman. He's already lvl 6 so I'll be caught up to my BO soon. Luckily for me, classes are late tomorrow night and I got this case of Rolling Rock to finish 8-)

So you were the shaman I was picking on with my nekkid White Lion in Gates. Couldn't get any backup from my team to take you two shamans down so I was just pestering you until someone came up. Which, of course, I don't think they ever came.

Guess I really will just have to give up on Order. I just have no idea what to play on Destro, other than maybe a marauder or sorcerer.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I miss T2, when I could actually kill Shaman and Zealots. In T3 their insta-casts are enough to undo my damage, I can only kill them if they're being stupid. :(

Glal on
  • Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    OP add-ons section seems to be missing squared, auto-dismount and item rack, all of which i'd class as pretty vital...

finally made t4 on my zealot, which i've had since beta. it's also my highest level character :s

i have 14 characters between destro and order servers all middling between 4 -26. come the new characters i'll be starting a slayer. i have a lvl 4 shaman sat waiting to heal all the choppaz which get rolled as i'm fully expecting a repeat of heavy metals all-BG scenario party situation. order were cleverly having at least a WP and a RP backing up all their knobs and rolled us every time...

manji on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

So you were the shaman I was picking on with my nekkid White Lion in Gates. Couldn't get any backup from my team to take you two shamans down so I was just pestering you until someone came up. Which, of course, I don't think they ever came.

Guess I really will just have to give up on Order. I just have no idea what to play on Destro, other than maybe a marauder or sorcerer.

Gah! I know I had WLs all over me tonight...you sir, are evil. You need to play Destro :P

Toefoo on
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wow, that's some kind of epic asshattery on Iron Rock, that's almost enough to make one roll destro.

In all seriousness though, if that interview was even semi-truthful, I'd hate to be Order on the same server as those guys.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Also, TTH's Slayer video is now up

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/63060

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Gah! I know I had WLs all over me tonight...you sir, are evil. You need to play Destro :P

Done and done. Look for the thong-tacular Yane. Unless you guys play weird hours, don't look for me unless it's Friday/Saturday night.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    manji wrote: »
    OP add-ons section seems to be missing squared, auto-dismount and item rack, all of which i'd class as pretty vital...
    Done.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    finished the Live Event last night, went by pretty quick hopefully the Bitter Rivals one will be just as easy, totally want to roll a Choppa when it goes live.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »
    And holy fuck, is Dark Crag the official "Order continually ass-rapes Destro in every single goddamn scenario" server? Somehow I think I prefer a barren server to this.

Sure seems like it, but most scenarios I've seen (T1), Destro has maybe one lone healer (DoK usually), compared to Order's three RPs and however many WPs.

I must be on some Bizarro World version of Dark Crag, since most of the scenario groups I found myself in last night were, without much exaggeration, half-Zealot, half-everything that's not a tank lineups. Squishtastic!

Lawndart on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    haha this is going to be great
    now you're going to understand first hand how healers always get grief from their own side about not healing enough you thankless piece of shit

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    aye, the other side of the coin is the tanks aren't getting heals cos the healers are dead on account of no guards and no-one keeping witch hunters off them. fun times for you...

manji on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    preach it brother

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    And holy fuck, is Dark Crag the official "Order continually ass-rapes Destro in every single goddamn scenario" server? Somehow I think I prefer a barren server to this.

Sure seems like it, but most scenarios I've seen (T1), Destro has maybe one lone healer (DoK usually), compared to Order's three RPs and however many WPs.

I must be on some Bizarro World version of Dark Crag, since most of the scenario groups I found myself in last night were, without much exaggeration, half-Zealot, half-everything that's not a tank lineups. Squishtastic!

My groups last night on DC from 12-2pm pst lacked any focus healer for the first hour, and during the next hour even all DoKs were gone, except one guy named Aorderpatrol who didn't seem to like healing.

But earlier in the night I was disgusted by some players.

I was on my SH and plinking off the top of Erkund. I get focus fired by a BW and an Engi so I step back with like half health. Two zealots proceed to watch me die. I don't want to say these people are bad players, no. I think there was something more nefarious at work.

Do you gits think i would have died if I wasn't a gobbo?! Not bloodly likely. STOP WARHAMMER IN-FACTION RACISM. It's just the color of your skin. And the shape of your body. And perhaps even how you reproduce.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    meekermeeker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I am so sick of DoKs who want to melee.

Actually, I have no problem if they want to spec that route, but at least put some effort into healing yourself! I spent 3 Phoenix gates healing 3-4 lvl 17-20 DoKs who weren't smart enough to keep themselves alive. Rend Soul is the best spell ever. use it!

meeker on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So what's the verdict on DC thus far?

REM was great last night, but it was only three Mouths in a huge PUG and alliance warband.

Starman - gobbos are supposed to die. It's the natural order of things.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    meeker wrote: »

Actually, I have no problem if they want to spec that route, but at least put some effort into healing yourself! I spent 3 Phoenix gates healing 3-4 lvl 17-20 DoKs who weren't smart enough to keep themselves alive. Rend Soul is the best spell ever. use it!
    I was in a scen a few days back with a 21 DoK who was yelling at everyone about how they were playing wrong and basically blaming everyone else for letting order win the scen

we started giving him shit for not healing when we only had two other healers and he bitched that he couldn't heal unless he was in melee so someone told him to equip a fucking chalice

HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT A CHALICE IS

and the thing is, I could even forgive that as funny as it is, if the guy didn't think he was the best destro player in the scen
    it was amazing

basically DoKs are the new hunters (but I've said that before in this thread)

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2009
    I can set up a time to tag people to DUB on Dark Crag... I just need to make a list so I can keep track of names and whatnot

maybe I'll make a google spreadsheet

Unknown User on
  • Options
    YathrinYathrin Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    meeker wrote: »

I was in a scen a few days back with a 21 DoK who was yelling at everyone about how they were playing wrong and basically blaming everyone else for letting order win the scen

we started giving him shit for not healing when we only had two other healers and he bitched that he couldn't heal unless he was in melee so someone told him to equip a fucking chalice

HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT A CHALICE IS

and the thing is, I could even forgive that as funny as it is, if the guy didn't think he was the best destro player in the scen
    it was amazing

basically DoKs are the new hunters (but I've said that before in this thread)

What’s sad is DoK’s/WP’s are the best group healers in the game post 20. With a decent chalice you can literally hit your group heal continuously. DoK’s are weaker/dependent on soft targets to do decent single target healing for someone getting focused though.

Yathrin on
    Deirdan.png
    card.png
  • Options
    CodersigmaCodersigma Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

My groups last night on DC from 12-2pm pst lacked any focus healer for the first hour, and during the next hour even all DoKs were gone, except one guy named Aorderpatrol who didn't seem to like healing.

But earlier in the night I was disgusted by some players.

I was on my SH and plinking off the top of Erkund. I get focus fired by a BW and an Engi so I step back with like half health. Two zealots proceed to watch me die. I don't want to say these people are bad players, no. I think there was something more nefarious at work.

Do you gits think i would have died if I wasn't a gobbo?! Not bloodly likely. STOP WARHAMMER IN-FACTION RACISM. It's just the color of your skin. And the shape of your body. And perhaps even how you reproduce.

So you're Graboid. I actually remember you for your "What's a gobbo do to grab some heals comment". Since you asked for heals in a way that I found quite funny (and you did shoot that Runepriest) I did try to heal you. To answer your question the reason I let you die before was because as a lower level Zealot I can't really heal everyone so I was concentrating on the higher levels with dps being top priority. From what I remember the higher level melee was taking a pounding trying to take/hold the middle flag so I pretty much healed only them. Now this may be the wrong strategy (or maybe I'm a bad player), but this is what I do in every scenario where I don't know anyone.

Codersigma on
This discussion has been closed.