As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jumpgate Evolution - put that joystick to use, son.

1232425262729»

• Options
    HuggyBearHuggyBear Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Things defiantly seem to have gone a little quite info wise, though Black Prophecy and STO are stepping up on the updates lately, a few industry sites and mags have JG set for release Q1 2010 which I'm honestly doubtful of as it stands.

HuggyBear on
    2rh72wk.jpg
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, any news on this?

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's still very hush hush

Though a developer did claim that they had made so many changes to the game that it was not fair to say that the people who had previously played the game had any idea how the new game plays now.
    F&F was very limited and the game has changed so much since then that it's not really fair to say that people have played JGE.

Supposedly they are still restructuring everything.

They also have a new Studio Director, and the old producer left the team. Here's the latest interview with the producer.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    1 year bump!

Man, I thought this game would die for sure after all these mysterious delays and shit. Apparently someone is still working on it though, because here are some leaked playtests of some guy playing around in some space complex;

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-10-22/jumpgate_evolution_footage_breaks_the_long_silence_of_the_game.shtml

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO5Crhq68pM

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm beginning to suspect this is Vaporware.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    they update their facebook with a new screenshot every couple months. how is that vaporware!?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    Galf0rgheedGalf0rgheed Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »

I saw them at PAX 09 and haven't heard from them since.

Jumpgate Evolution: The drunken night that you never had, that never calls back, and that only exists as a memory.

Galf0rgheed on
    GlobalAgenda: DeadDave
    RL: AliveDave...or just Dave
  • Options
    EnergenoEnergeno Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think I played in a closed beta of this eleven years ago. I assume it's the same game since it has the same name. Except it wasn't evolution back then. It seemed kind of interesting at least. Going to keep an eye on this.

Energeno on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Energeno wrote: »
    I think I played in a closed beta of this eleven years ago. I assume it's the same game since it has the same name. Except it wasn't evolution back then. It seemed kind of interesting at least. Going to keep an eye on this.

Yeah that game actually came out though. This is the next installment that was officially announced in 2007.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Imperfect on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, that's promising. :?

Glal on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that when I made an attempt to contact netdevil (I have their PR lead's contact info) it was met with nothing.

So... welp

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow. If Scott Brown is gone then that game is done I think.

Christ on a cracker. Can't we get one goddamn good space mmo? motherfucker.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Eve is a "good space mmo", though I understand if it's not to your tastes.

Black Prophecy is out in beta. And SOMEONE I KNOW WHO IS TOTALLY NOT ME I SWEAR says he has a beta key and has installed it, but hasn't had the time to play it to figure out if it's alright.

Regardless, it should launch before TOO long, and then we should know for sure.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    The Big ShingThe Big Shing Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There's a "beta preview" video on youtube of Black Prophecy. Watching it makes this news about JumpGate a little easier to swallow. I wish I knew what took them so long (cant read article from here), but BP really does look great. Too bad for all the devs on JGE though :(

The Big Shing on
    Yeoldemapmaker.com = my sweet flash site where you can design and print DnD maps for free directly from browser.
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    BP is still a long way away from completion if the beta is any indication. Had to quit the game for the game to realize I'd finished the tutorial and there was nothing else left to do.

Glal on
  • Options
    BluefyreBluefyre Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Wow. If Scott Brown is gone then that game is done I think.

Christ on a cracker. Can't we get one goddamn good space mmo? motherfucker.

Scott is gone? Well hell. Probably the only person keeping JGE from turning into nothing but instanced battle zone mini games. Should have listened to my instincts from the beginning when they kept using the word accessible to describe JGE.

Bluefyre on
  • Options
    WhitePowerWhitePower __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm guessing this game will never be finished, or come out and be about as cock as APB.

WhitePower on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh noooooooooooooooooo.
    Codemasters has now filed a Complaint with the federal court in San Francisco against Gazillion and NetDevil. Codemasters are seeking around 1.4 million USD in costs from NetdDevil for failing to honour the contract and deliver/release the game on or before 24 February 2009.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ah well. It was looking like it was going to turn into a boring PvE game anyways.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sammich[E]Sammich[E] Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »

I saw them at PAX 09 and haven't heard from them since.

Jumpgate Evolution: The drunken night that you never had, that never calls back, and that only exists as a memory.

This.

Sammich[E] on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Energeno wrote: »

I know this post is nearly 2 month old but ... the game you mean is the original JumpGate, came out Summer 2001.

JumpGate Evolution was basically supposed to be JumpGate 2 ... but apparently NetDevil hasn't changed it's ways since the original JG and now JGE will be dead before ever seeing the light of day.

I used to work for the European publisher of JG back then and I don't remember NetDevil too fondly. That they even made another JumpGate was surprising, let alone their involvement in LEGO Universe ... I was actually shocked to hear they develop LEGO.

So this here doesn't surprise me in the least ... one would have thought CodeMasters being involved means its gonna work and get published and all that, but apparently ND even fooled them.

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    frogmanfrogman Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    This game ever going to come out?

frogman on
  • Options
    frogmanfrogman Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    s3rial one wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »
    Man... s3rial, that was fucking epic. I've heard a lot of shit from EvE, but none of it ever sounded as awesome as that to me. So... makes me wonder, did you ever trade fire with Frogman during all of that?

I actually never did fight against Frogman in the real world part of the game. He and I duked it out in the simulator a few times. He was just plain better than me.

When the big pirates vs. non-pirates war was going down, he was actually fighting on our side, against the pirates. Weird, eh?

Frogman had a bit of a cult of personality thing going on. People knew he was a pirate. People knew he was good. But he was such a nice guy that it didn't feel so bad when it was him demanding your money. At least it wasn't bad when it was a bunch of scrub Therapists who could only win because they outnumbered you three-to-one.

I never pinned it down, but the way Frogman worked, I think he was less a pilot and more like a guy with a hit list who decided to take some money, since he was going to blow up their ships, anyway. There were times where he certainly could have podded me or extorted quite a bit of cash, and he didn't.

Who are you?

frogman on