Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

Apocalypse++

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    drink, sob, laugh, die.

not necessarily in that order.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Okay okay

Liquidate my assets to any fools dumb enough to not know armageddon when they see it

Use that money and my pitiful life savings to buy a week's worth of food and alcohol, then herd my friends together and party like it's 1999
    I would also tell my best friend that I loved him, but whoa, not til the last minute, cause damn

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    would be interesting to see how many people still go in to work the next day after the end is announced

Weaver on
  • bentbent Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'd probably start looting

I mean if I only get to live for 7 more days, I might as well do it with a 72 inch HDTV at my side

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wait until local law enforcement has collapsed before you go looting, though!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    edited February 2009
    There would be so much rape

Weaver on
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    bent wrote: »

I mean if I only get to live for 7 more days, I might as well do it with a 72 inch HDTV at my side

Assuming that the TV stations bother to continue broadcasting or the power companies bother to continue generating electricity.

Unless you mean, literally, just have a 72 inch HDTV at your side, like some sort of monolithic companion in which case that's a compulsion I can respect.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    would be interesting to see how many people still go in to work the next day after the end is announced

Yeah shit that's where most of the people I know are. I mean, they probably wouldn't be there so I'd turn around and go back home.

Otherwise, I'd call that one girl and then maybe go bowling. Then I guess I would be left with 6 and 3/4 days to do w/e

Darkness Mundus on
    edited February 2009

Nu-uh, do it while they are still trying to retain some semblance of law and order. After that, they will just become a death-army with the hardware to make death, or at the very least just break up and become armed looters themselves.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited February 2009
    bent wrote: »

Assuming that the TV stations bother to continue broadcasting or the power companies bother to continue generating electricity.

Unless you mean, literally, just have a 72 inch HDTV at your side, like some sort of monolithic companion in which case that's a compulsion I can respect.

Think 2001 space odyssey, but with a big SONY logo.

bent on
    sig1.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Cloverfield is the worst movie ever made.

Cloverfield isn't even near the worst movie ever made.

I'm not arguing it's good, but there are thousands of movies that are worse.

Or did you truly feel that Snakes on a Train was a worthy simultaneous release to the cinematic triumph that inspired it?

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited February 2009
    I liked Cloverfield

Weaver on
  • sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Forar wrote: »

Or did you truly feel that Snakes on a Train was a worthy simultaneous release to the cinematic triumph that inspired it?

it was pretty great when the snake ate the train though

spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif
    edited February 2009

Nu-uh, do it while they are still trying to retain some semblance of law and order. After that, they will just become a death-army with the hardware to make death, or at the very least just break up and become armed looters themselves.

Ooh, I like the way you think!

I just can't think of anything good to loot, though. I am a failure at the cometpocalypse.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Cloverfield had everything I need in a blockbuster. Explosions, and a monster.

I mean I wasn't expecting art when I went in there.

bent on
    sig1.png
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't understand. Why would you kill yourself if the world was ending?

Well I guess if you were going to be killed in some horrifically painful way, yeah, but otherwise I'd stick around to watch it go down.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    paosaod.jpg

Robcham on
    edited February 2009

Ooh, I like the way you think!

I just can't think of anything good to loot, though. I am a failure at the cometpocalypse.

I think in a 7 day scenario you are just going to be looting because it's fun, there's nothing really worth looting for such a short period of existence. Maybe a sports car, booze, etc.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited February 2009
    I think I'd try and get to the aston martin dealership before anyone else.

bent on
    sig1.png
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'd institute the naked rule.

No clothes for those 7 days.

Also, its summer time when this goes down.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited February 2009
    Perform an impressionist reenactment of fear & loathing in las vegas

Weaver on
    edited February 2009
    Lockout wrote: »

Well I guess if you were going to be killed in some horrifically painful way, yeah, but otherwise I'd stick around to watch it go down.

I qualified for a space on the New Colony Space Ark, so I'll be watching the end of the world in redshift.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited February 2009
    I thought I would say a fast car and a ton of booze, but then I didn't want to be "that" person

the person who only wants to get drunk and drive an awesome car out into the mountains... and then get drunk while the world ends

But realistically, yeah, that seems like a good plan.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

There is nothing worse then Cloverfield

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Lockout wrote: »

I qualified for a space on the New Colony Space Ark, so I'll be watching the end of the world in redshift.

Too bad your New Colony Space Ark is in the path of that fuckoff comet.

So sucks to be, you're gonna die before us. What will you do with your 6 days left?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I would steal an awesome car. I know where a few are parked that I could have easy access to if consequences weren't important. I'd then get some guns and drive around recklessly while living the life of an action movie hero for a few days. After that I'd spend the next day or so fucking anybody who said yes. I'd pick a special someone with whom I felt a particular connection, then try to find a gourmet chef who's still making food and have a romantic night of expensive wine and culinary delights on the roof of a luxury building so we could watch the fire rain from the heavens onto our heads.

TankHammer on
  • Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Seriously. All the booze in the entire world would be dried up within 24 hours.

Darkness Mundus on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    When the apocalypse comes, I'm going to hit the leather store, gun shops, sports merchandise places, motorcycle shop, and pick up as much bondage S&M stuff as possible. Then I'll form the gayest looking band of post-apocalypse world rogues that I can find to wander around America killing people for gas and generally having a good time.

Hunter on
    edited February 2009

There is nothing worse then Cloverfield

you obviously haven't seen Glow Ropes: The Rise and Fall of a Bar Mitzvah MC

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425068/

it's the only movie I started and didn't finish in at least a decade

spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif
    edited February 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    When the apocalypse comes, I'm going to hit the leather store, gun shops, sports merchandise places, motorcycle shop, and pick up as much bondage S&M stuff as possible. Then I'll form the gayest looking band of post-apocalypse world rogues that I can find to wander around America killing people for gas and generally having a good time.

I remember reading something about the world economy almost collapsing and the FDIC having to pour like two trillion dollars back in to save us all or something.

I wish that had just happened so in ~20 years everything would be mad-max style awesome.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • DragonicityDragonicity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I would immediately go down and stock up on ammo and provisions... and a blue heeler.

And then I would be a marauding vigilante. Killing all you rapists in your tracks.

And then having a harem of grateful, beautiful women wanting to screw every night.

It's the best of all worlds. I get to exact swift and righteous justice on the wicked, and have orgies in the evening, where I'm the only dude.

Maybe, I would allow a sidekick... and let him in on the tag team action, so we can hi5 when we do it, but he's gotta be killer with a sniper rifle by day.

Dragonicity on
    edited February 2009
    madmax-mar29.jpg

Seriously

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited February 2009

So basically the Stateside version of the gang from Road Warrior?

Edit: I think that means you have to fight Fandyien.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited February 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited February 2009
    FANDYIEN RUNS BARTERTOWN

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • DragonicityDragonicity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    FANDYIEN RUNS BARTERTOWN

Fandyien can be the Master to my Blaster.

Fuck, that sounds so gay.

Dragonicity on
    edited February 2009

So basically the Stateside version of the gang from Road Warrior?

Edit: I think that means you have to fight Fandyien.

best post-apocolyptic tickle fight ever

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm pretty sure my ideal last week on earth would be marred by constantly defending myself from rioters, raiders, looters, and rapists.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I would have tons of sex with all of my friends ( the girl ones ) while doing tons of drugs

I would eat all kind of shit I never tried, hang out maybe 2 or 3 days with my family

And when the time comes, I will sit on the top of a cliff with a cuban cigar in my mouth, and watch the world end, while laughing and masturbating.

Dadouw on
    edited February 2009
    Dadouw wrote: »
    I would have tons of sex with all of my friends ( the girl ones ) while doing tons of drugs

I would eat all kind of shit I never tried, hang out maybe 2 or 3 days with my family

And when the time comes, I will sit on the top of a cliff with a cuban cigar in my mouth, and watch the world end, while laughing and masturbating.

sorry, raiders took all the jergens

gotta use sand

spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif