Options

[Pro Wrestling]ZZ TOP HOSTS RAW NEXT WEEK! Night of Champions July 26th!

• Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm curious if that's more for the benefit of the competitors to try out some stuff and get used to how they work with on another before the big match so the chemistry will be flowing. Especially in a match with such varied styles as a Ladder match with Kane and CM Punk and Kofi.

Mayhaps the same reason for the JBL V Rey match? Have they try out some things in front of a live crowd to see what works and what doesn't? Maybe reference it in WM?

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »
    I'm curious if that's more for the benefit of the competitors to try out some stuff and get used to how they work with on another before the big match so the chemistry will be flowing. Especially in a match with such varied styles as a Ladder match with Kane and CM Punk and Kofi.

Mayhaps the same reason for the JBL V Rey match? Have they try out some things in front of a live crowd to see what works and what doesn't? Maybe reference it in WM?

That's usually what house shows are for though.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, all 3 shows right before Wrestlemania are going to be pretty much house shows. Nobody's going to do anything spectacular as to not risk injury right before the big PPV

easy way to keep things in people's minds

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Evil Badpicks:
    WWE Champion Triple H vs. Randy Orton: Ditto Orton. Hoping for a Trips swerve, but really it's Aliens Vs Predator here. Whoever wins, someone's gonna bitch.
    World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. John Cena vs. Big Show (Triple Threat Match): Ditto Cena. Big Show has two clean pins on Cena in the past month, pretty much asserting his loss. Edge goofiness could play a factor, but with Orton winning above, dual heel champions is a pipe dream.
    Intercontinental Champion JBL vs. Rey Mysterio: Rey, I guess. I don't know, nor do I care.
    Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy (Extreme Rules Match): Jeff. He's the face here, right?
    WWE Tag Team Champions vs. World Tag Team Champions (Unified Tag Team Championship Lumberjack Match): Mizorrisson.
    Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker: "YOU BET AGAINST THE GLOBETROTTERS?!" (Undertaker)
    Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Christian. Fast track the solid worker that has come back home.
    BONERFEST 2009: Anyone with a penis, conversely anyone who wants a serious match loses.
    Chris Jericho vs. WWE Legends: The AARP. Yes, that stable name is canon.

I would like to buy some new angles please. Throw Edge against Trips for a while or something.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Going into WM, there doesn't seem to have much doubt in the matches, which is why I think McMahon is going to swerve at least one of them. I think Randy vs. Trips is going to close the show, and Trips is going to retain. That gives him a rare WM win, sends the crowd happy, and swerves the internet crowd.

And if Jericho loses, that's going to take all the heat out of him, and for what? 4 retired guys, and a movie star?

noir_blood on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Reply to EBM:
    Oh, it'll be Orton & HHH for a while.

I'm even thinking they'll send(draft) Cena over to Smackdown. Leave HHH on RAW to deal with champ Orton and the McMahons. Unless the McMahon stuff will blow over after Wrestlemania, but I doubt it will.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Joeslop wrote: »
    Why are they having Wrestlemania matches before Wrestlemania? JBL vs Mysterio now, 1-2 MITB matches, probably some others that I can't remember.

Why don't they just save it for Wrestlemania?

Because they like to give everything away now. Why not have Cena face the 10 jobbers they have instead of Show? When they met in the Elimination Chamber, did Cena even know who Mike Knox was? It used to be the special case when we'd have a championship match on RAW. Now we see Cena wrestle 10 times a month and they wonder why people think of him as stale. Though, it's honestly to have people work together more and to show people what to expect of the PPV instead of making them put 2 & 2 together.
    Joeslop wrote: »
    Hooray, Evansville, IN is getting a house show on May 11th. Wrestlemania revenge, with Undertaker, the Hardy Boyz and whoever else.

And cheap seats are only $15, which is good because I'm poor. Ringside seats would be $71.50, which is a bit much for me.

Man, be happy. My tickets for No Way Out were $120. Each. :P
    And if Jericho loses, that's going to take all the heat out of him, and for what? 4 retired guys, and a movie star?

Not really, at least...not after tonight's changes.

Legacy on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Legacy wrote: »
    Reply to EBM:

I'm even thinking they'll send(draft) Cena over to Smackdown. Leave HHH on RAW to deal with champ Orton and the McMahons. Unless the McMahon stuff will blow over after Wrestlemania, but I doubt it will.
    In such a world, I have Shane in Legacy, not Stephanie.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Reply to EBM:

In such a world, I have Shane in Legacy, not Stephanie.
    That was my original pick, but after No Way Out and the RAW right afterwards, I changed to Steph. Especially after last week. Though, nothing to say it still couldn't happen. It is wrestling.

But nothing will probably happen anyway(like, no run in at all)...

Legacy on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    watching saturday's roh hdnet show. claudio makes me laugh.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Not really, at least...not after tonight's changes.

Yeah. It's an elimination match now. Hmm...

Legacy on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    watching saturday's roh hdnet show. claudio makes me laugh.

And Nigel obviously saw Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Was it just me or did Vince get an unusually good pop when he came out?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    WWE Champion Triple H vs. Randy Orton: I am going to go with Randy Orton. Legacy will be banned from ringside or they just won't come out. Randy wins thanks to Steph interference (though I want it to be clean).

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. John Cena vs. Big Show (Triple Threat Match): I gotta go with Edge. He seems like he will sloth out of Wrestlemania with it after a knockout shot to Cena.

Intercontinental Champion JBL vs. Rey Mysterio: Mexico vs. Texas: The Inaugural Brawl. Rey win to earn triple crown status.

Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy (Extreme Rules Match): Matt needs it more but Jeff will win sadly.

WWE Tag Team Champions vs. World Tag Team Champions (Unified Tag Team Championship Lumberjack
    Match): MIZORRISON IF THERE IS ANY JUSTICE!!

Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker: Undertaker. 'Nuff said.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Shelton FINALLY

25-Diva Battle Royal: Trish. If not her then... Beth

Chris Jericho vs. WWE Legends: Legends with Austin's help

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh wow they're pulling the Wrestlemania women's battle royale thing again huh? I guess quantity really is better than quality.

I'm more than happy to skip this Mania just like the last one, possibly two, I forget. I'm really not a follower any more but I like to give Wrestlemania a chance to entice me but this one just seems pretty bland.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If it was a situation like in college where I had 10 guys to split the cost with, I'd get Mania. I can't justify the cost if it's just me (and potnetially my wife). HBK/Taker will be 8 kinds of awesome, as will MITB, and HHH/Orton will probably be a fun, entertaining, run-in heavy clusterfuck of a match. The Hardyz EXPLODE will also be fun, as I'm a mark for both of them. Other than that, I just don't care.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    If it was a situation like in college where I had 10 guys to split the cost with, I'd get Mania. I can't justify the cost if it's just me (and potnetially my wife). HBK/Taker will be 8 kinds of awesome, as will MITB, and HHH/Orton will probably be a fun, entertaining, run-in heavy clusterfuck of a match. The Hardyz EXPLODE will also be fun, as I'm a mark for both of them. Other than that, I just don't care.

did this for a bunch of years with friends. It was a good excuse to all get together at least once a month and have a mini party. everyone pitch in a few bucks and bring some food/drink. good times. unfortunately nobody can stand watching wrestling for the past few years. I've been trying to get back into it, but nothing has really caught my interest yet.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm watching RAW on replay and Santino is 8 kinds of hilarious.

But what is with Vince every couple years making one of the guys wrestle with the girls? Harvey Wippleman, Santino. It's like one of his fetishes.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You named 2 guys in the span of 20 plus years. Hardly a fetish. And they say seven years is the expiration date on any angle before it gets redone.

Also there is no way Orton and Edge both win. There has to be a face win in one of those matches.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »
    You named 2 guys in the span of 20 plus years. Hardly a fetish. And they say seven years is the expiration date on any angle before it gets redone.

Also there is no way Orton and Edge both win. There has to be a face win in one of those matches.

Hell I'll go dark horse and say HHH wins and Cena wins. I think coming out of this mania will be the worst finishes known to man.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SkittlebrauSkittlebrau Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just read that Tazz is no longer with WWE. I guess his contract was up and he decided not to re-up, citing "burnout". I wonder who they're gonna get to replace him on Smackdown.

Skittlebrau on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Just read that Tazz is no longer with WWE. I guess his contract was up and he decided not to re-up, citing "burnout". I wonder who they're gonna get to replace him on Smackdown.

Paul Heyman.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kevin Kelly.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kevin Kelly.

Joey Styles. Which is sad because thats most likely who they'll get.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, if those are your guesses, I'm gonna say Todd Pettengill. Non-joke answer, it'll probably be Todd Grisham. Is Johnathan Coachman still working for ESPN?

Skittlebrau on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I hope they don't split up Grisham and Striker anytime soon. They're half the reason I watch ECW.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Kevin Kelly.

Why is that sad? Styles is a fantastic commentator.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kevin Kelly.

Why is that sad? Styles is a fantastic commentator.

He is, but not great when paired with Ross. They are too similar in styles. Hell I'd rather just see Styles solo commentate Smackdown like he used to do ECW.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    they could just move dusty rhodes from fcw to wwe

lord knows i can't get enough of him saying "belly welly"

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    crwth wrote: »
    they could just move dusty rhodes from fcw to wwe

lord knows i can't get enough of him saying "belly welly"

Only if he refers to Smackdown as "the muthaship".

Skittlebrau on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Hell I'll go dark horse and say HHH wins and Cena wins. I think coming out of this mania will be the worst finishes known to man.

If Taker loses there would be a riot.

I would like to see that.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm very interested in how they are building up the feud between Taker and Michaels. It feels very weird watching someone so consistently get the uper hand over taker in this way. Normally when they build up big matches, at least form what I've seen, they go back and forth to build up both sides, but here it seems to be all michaels.

Also, very angry understaker is a scary thing. In a way I wanna see Taker lose and have him just end up going on a rampage through the WWE because of it for months.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Generally whoever has the upper hand prior to the PPV will lose (especially if they win a match before the PPV). Exceptions for HHH, and Cena though.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

JBL. He'll retire at WM and move back to announcing.

I'm guessing.

But he was pretty good as an announcer. Managed to be a real heel commentator in the vein of Jesse Ventura, by simply saying true stuff.

In a related note, I'm watching the History Of The WWE Title DVD and my god did Hogan wrestle heel in the 80's. Jumps before the bell, foreign objects, chokes, eye rakes, making his opponent bleed. It's really weird to see.

Edit: Oh, just saw that Tazz isn't even going to be at WM. So I guess... JBL will go on first and the historic thing will be that he's the first wrestler to both wrestle and announce at a WM.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh man, so excited for WM. If I wasn't going, I probably wouldn't, as I haven't even caught the last four years or so, but now I can't wait.

I mean, Kid Rock AND the PussyCat dolls? This is going to be awesome.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Only one pussycatdoll.

And I hope thats sarcasm.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh man, I just thought of something. Kid Rock is gonna be at WM... The Undertaker is gonna be at WM... Could this mean the rebirth of the American Bad Ass?

Skittlebrau on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    No, but hopefully it will mean the death of Kid Rock's career.

Oh, and apparently at the WWE's Wrestlemania press conference, it was announced that Sunny, Torrie Wilson, Victoria and Molly Holly will be in the Divas Battle Royal. I'm very eager to see Molly again.

Eager in my pants.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Saw a recent picture of Tammy "Sunny" Fytch.

Don't be pants-eager for her. It'll end in tears.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    To be fair, Tammy looks lightyears better than she did several years ago. Once she got off the drugs, she ballooned up.

Skittlebrau on
This discussion has been closed.