Options

Oh Mr. [chat]ley

• Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    If you don't trust those around you, perhaps the military isn't the best thing for you.

Well see that's what makes me think it might be overconfidence. I've been thinking the exact same thing (taking my time, as I haven't signed my contract yet) and I realized that there is a disconnect, to me, between having to trust someone to not detonate an explosive device in my vicinity, and having to trust someone to help me keep other people from killing me.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Res wrote: »
    If you don't trust those around you, perhaps the military isn't the best thing for you.

Well see that's what makes me think it might be overconfidence. I've been thinking the exact same thing (taking my time, as I haven't signed my contract yet) and I realized that there is a disconnect, to me, between having to trust someone to not detonate an explosive device in my vicinity, and having to trust someone to help me keep other people from killing me.
    You could apply this to driving, or even walking on the sidewalk. Every time you go out, you're trusting that the other people on the road are skilled enough not to run you down. Or that if they're not, you're skilled enough to avoid them and save yourself.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The only thing offensive about the Obama Special Olympics thing was that he was actually expected to apologize and that the special olympics president did a dog and pony show about forgiving him.

Seriously, what? People look for things to get offended about. The very fact that there are "Special Olympics" means a group of people have set themselves aside as "Different". And that's OK. Obama was just saying he'd probably fit better on the Special Olympics team. God.

I'd rather he apologized for taking campaign funds from AIG.

Ludious on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sigh

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Weren't a lot of the donations to Obama from "questionable" sources just regular joe employees? I don't know about the AIG money, but I remember they brought up him taking money from oil companys more than McCain and the more money came from the 9 to 5 set and not CEO's.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Weren't a lot of the donations to Obama from "questionable" sources just regular joe employees? I don't know about the AIG money, but I remember they brought up him taking money from oil companys more than McCain and the more money came from the 9 to 5 set and not CEO's.

I only follow politics insofar as they appear on Headline News in between the hours of 6am-7am. They said he and another politician were the two top recipients of AIG funds. *shrug*

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ludious wrote: »

I only follow politics insofar as they appear on Headline News in between the hours of 6am-7am. They said he and another politician were the two top recipients of AIG funds. *shrug*

Usually they claim that because he got a ton of janitors and 9 to 5 types. If the ceos were dropping that money they'd lead with that.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Usually they claim that because he got a ton of janitors and 9 to 5 types. If the ceos were dropping that money they'd lead with that.

I don't understand how an individual donation can be claimed as a corporate donation?

Ludious on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The only thing offensive about the Obama Special Olympics thing was that he was actually expected to apologize and that the special olympics president did a dog and pony show about forgiving him.

Seriously, what? People look for things to get offended about. The very fact that there are "Special Olympics" means a group of people have set themselves aside as "Different". And that's OK. Obama was just saying he'd probably fit better on the Special Olympics team. God.

I'd rather he apologized for taking campaign funds from AIG.
    Isn't that implying the handicapped sporters are weaker than normal sporters?

Aldo on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009

*headdesk*

Medopine on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I grow tired fo these arguments

demographically speaking Obama's donations from AIG employees are not out of the ordinary for the region. Nor is there any indication they were made with expectation of political favors.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I don't understand how an individual donation can be claimed as a corporate donation?
    Person A from company A can donate their maximum allowable amount under their own name, but when you have 500 people from company A (or all of the upper management) doing it, it's a little more suspect.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Because the news media isn't always honest and if I work for so and so and donate technically so did my company because they pay me the money I donated.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I grow tired fo these arguments

demographically speaking Obama's donations from AIG employees are not out of the ordinary for the region. Nor is there any indication they were made with expectation of political favors.

It's all bullshit, the man was elected with one of the biggest small donation campaigns ever, so of course people from a wide walk of life donated and shockingly big banks employee a lot of fucking people.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    The word "always" in your post is inappropriate, Preach.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, I hope a wordy cover letter is the way to go when trying to get a writing job.

Working for Nintendo would be so damned rad.

I hope they don't ask if I actually use their consoles.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The word "always" in your post is inappropriate, Preach.

I apologize to the fans of a fine Richard Dreyfus film.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Not an arguement. I didn't know they counted contributions that way. That's retarded. What retard decided to count them that way. It's either an individual or it's a corporation. When I see "AIG Funds" I think that the finance department, under the advisement of a board of supervisors, has cut a politician a check directly. Not some desk jockey in operations giving 5 bucks. That's shady as hell.

Thanks for the info.

Ludious on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    regarding the latest podcast:

GDCF = god damn cluster fuck?

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think Obama should have to watch The Ringer as punishment.

And that movie IS punishment.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This was a children’s cartoon?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oAmerpKdt58

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Proto wrote: »
    regarding the latest podcast:

GDCF = god damn cluster fuck?

Game Developers Conference France?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kagera wrote: »
    I think Obama should have to watch The Ringer as punishment.

And that movie IS punishment.

I thought it was funny, and it had a good message, and it used real special needs kids and not just actors.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Nothing in Animaniacs holds a candle to the stuff they got away with on Ren and Stimpy.

That being said kids today aren't exposed to enough edgy stuff like we were. Dora the Explorer? Come on. Yes the kid can say snow cone in 2 languages, wonderful. The animaniacs taught songs about states and countries and managed to do it while being edgy and entertaining.

Ludious on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Watching these is explaining so many of the phrases my childhood friends used.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    And do you think those kids in Red Dawn or Toy Soldiers would've survived by watching Ben 10? Heck no. G.I. Joe: If you want kids to save you from communist invasions or hostage situations, you better show it to them.

Ludious on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    Watching these is explaining so many of the phrases my childhood friends used.

It also explains why you are dead inside

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll be honest, I found Ren and Stimpy disgusting and puerile. Even the character designs and animation made my skin crawl.

Leitner on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ren and Stimpy sucked. The worst kind of kids cartoon.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I found Ren and Stimpy disgusting and puerile. Even the character designs and animation made my skin crawl.

Me too. I can't even watch it now.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Oh definitely. That's why it was great at 8 years old.

Ludious on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes, the animaniacs states/capitols song was a godsend in school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNUDDaEOvuY

Nocturne on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    And then there were less useful kids cartoons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHoTsuneGRk

Cinders on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Oh definitely. That's why it was great at 8 years old.

Ah okay, I thought we were doing that thing where people say they honestly enjoy the cartoons now and how good they were back in the day. You know, the kinda thing they'd do in the transformers thread. But I'm all for reminiscing, Pokemon? Was so good, though I think it was bit late for most of you guys. On the downside, it did introduce an entire generation to anime.

Leitner on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Few years ago now (actually more like 6 or 7 at this point) a friend of mine set out to assemble a compilation of as many Star Wars related songs as possible. Eventually titled Greedo Shooting First it contained:

1. Supernova - Chewbacca (1:48)
    2. Broder Daniel - Luke Skywalker (3:24)
    3. Bloodhound Gang - Fire Water Burn (4:51)
    4. Jamiroquai - Use The Force (3:59)
    5. Bentframe - Star Wars Gangsta Rap (3:05)
    6. Dow Jones & The Industrials - R2-D2 (4:20)
    7. Organized Rhyme - Check The OR (4:13)
    8. Butter 08 - Degobrah (2:03)
    9. William Ether - Red Leader (2:30)
    10. MC Chris - Fett's Vette (3:20)
    11. Blink-182 - A New Hope (3:44)
    12. Meco - Star Wars Theme (3:34) [Hidden Track]

I've been starting on a similar project of my own but thus far only have two tracks. I am trying to find songs related to the Doings of science. Preferably ones that explain some kind of scientific principle.

So far I have Entropy by MC Hawking and The Big Bang by Barenaked Ladies.

You homps are all into the musics and the whatnots. Any suggestions?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Few years ago now (actually more like 6 or 7 at this point) a friend of mine set out to assemble a compilation of as many Star Wars related songs as possible. Eventually titled Greedo Shooting First it contained:

1. Supernova - Chewbacca (1:48)
    2. Broder Daniel - Luke Skywalker (3:24)
    3. Bloodhound Gang - Fire Water Burn (4:51)
    4. Jamiroquai - Use The Force (3:59)
    5. Bentframe - Star Wars Gangsta Rap (3:05)
    6. Dow Jones & The Industrials - R2-D2 (4:20)
    7. Organized Rhyme - Check The OR (4:13)
    8. Butter 08 - Degobrah (2:03)
    9. William Ether - Red Leader (2:30)
    10. MC Chris - Fett's Vette (3:20)
    11. Blink-182 - A New Hope (3:44)
    12. Meco - Star Wars Theme (3:34) [Hidden Track]

I've been starting on a similar project of my own but thus far only have two tracks. I am trying to find songs related to the Doings of science. Preferably ones that explain some kind of scientific principle.

So far I have Entropy by MC Hawking and The Big Bang by Barenaked Ladies.

You homps are all into the musics and the whatnots. Any suggestions?

Holy shit thats nerdy.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That poor Russian Sonovovich.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh most stuff from the late 80s and 90s was terrible as far as acting or anything else for that matter. My only point was it had more bite. I'm more hung up on the pussification of modern children's entertainment.
    The only saving grace is that the stuff that is good these days, is really, really fricking good. JLA for example.

Ludious on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    How is Fire Water Burn a Star Wars related song? It contains one line about Star Wars.

You're friend would be better off replacing that with the Copacobana parody about the Cantina.

Also, where the fuck is Weird Al - Yoda?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh most stuff from the late 80s and 90s was terrible as far as acting or anything else for that matter. My only point was it had more bite. I'm more hung up on the pussification of modern children's entertainment.
    The only saving grace is that the stuff that is good these days, is really, really fricking good. JLA for example.

The first season of the real ghostbusters says "BUSTING MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.