The Under[chat]

• Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    siiigh

snuggles buggly i want a phone call

I will totally call your phone.

Actually I've done this before. I can't remember why but for some reason a conversation in a particularly talkative RB6 game lead to someone messaging me his phone number, me calling it, saying "Hi," him hanging up because it was probably really expensive, then everyone in the room laughing once they realized that I did in fact call a stranger on the other side of the country for no reason at all.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I AM NOY TRUNJ

I AM CRUNK

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zen is drunk enough for me to pass out, so I'll do that.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So is this significant beyond being a dick move?

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,2506,L-3689673,00.html

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    siiigh

snuggles buggly i want a phone call

I will totally call your phone.

Actually I've done this before. I can't remember why but for some reason a conversation in a particularly talkative RB6 game lead to someone messaging me his phone number, me calling it, saying "Hi," him hanging up because it was probably really expensive, then everyone in the room laughing once they realized that I did in fact call a stranger on the other side of the country for no reason at all.

I talked to I think 2 internet people on the phone ever, before meeting them in real life. it's weird.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    No we weren't talking about Israel or playing Risk. We were talking about legislation against bigotry and when it's morally, plausibly, and ethically applicable (social practices versus commercial practices) and she totally smacked me around for about 35 minutes.

Organichu on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    errybody inna club gon get crunk

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    ineeda hug

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    No we weren't talking about Israel or playing Risk. We were talking about legislation against bigotry and when it's morally, plausibly, and ethically applicable and she totally smacked me around for about 35 minutes.

She was explaining to you that you can't just ban hating people, right?

Because if you got smacked around on the other side of that argument then I am going to smack you around for letting it happen.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ineeda hug

hug

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    actualle i needa date

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So is this significant beyond being a dick move?

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,2506,L-3689673,00.html

Was this relevant?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    No we weren't talking about Israel or playing Risk. We were talking about legislation against bigotry and when it's morally, plausibly, and ethically applicable and she totally smacked me around for about 35 minutes.

Because if you got smacked around on the other side of that argument then I am going to smack you around for letting it happen.

What about banning people from banning other people based on hatred?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Basically we both agreed that opinions can't be legislated (clearly) but I took the stance that discrimination in non essential businesses oughtn't be legislated and we talked for a while and she cut off my foreskin and nuked my border towns and I ran away crying. Then she rubbed my nose in my own shitty arguments. Sigh.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

What about banning people from banning other people based on hatred?

From what, like, a club? No. If you own it you should have every right to hang a "No X allowed" sign on the door.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    actualle i needa date

*date*

Variable on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Onion wrote:
    Oh No, Performers Coming Into Audience

March 21, 2009 | Issue 45•12

PITTSBURGH—Audience members at the Benedum Center for the Performing Arts are reporting that, oh God, no, approximately 20 extremely enthusiastic actors are approaching the edge of the stage and appear determined to continue their current musical number in the main seating area.

"Oh, man, are they? Shit," one audience member was overheard saying as the energetic ensemble began filing down previously unseen stairs and past the front row. "Shit, shit, shit."

Increasingly uncomfortable audience sources have also confirmed that the performers are proceeding down the aisle with crisp, larger-than-normal steps timed perfectly to the music. Even more shocking, some appear intent on interacting with non–cast members.

"Their smiles are so big," a female theatergoer said while pretending to look for something in her purse. "Why does that one have a cordless microphone? Is he going to try to talk to us?"

"I have to go to the restroom," she added.

While it remains unclear how long this horrifying breach of the fourth wall will last, or why the actors worked so hard to create a fictional distance between themselves and the audience if they had no intention of maintaining it, past productions suggest there is still five minutes left in the current number. Some predict the cast will return to the stage before the song's conclusion, but others fear they may stay in the aisles, making unnerving eye contact and blocking all available exits.

Thus far, the actors have ignored audience members' squirms and anxious expressions, opting instead to clap in an effort to get everyone to clap along with them.

Oh, no, more singing and dancing performers have just entered the balcony.

"Their makeup looks way scarier under normal lighting," one theater patron whispered. "Especially that one kid playing the old man."

Audience members have given no indication that the actors' increased proximity has enhanced their experience, or given them a sense of involvement in the production. Some have questioned, however, whether or not it is out-of-character for the play's antagonist to be doing the twist with the show's protagonist, especially before the conflict between the two has been resolved.

While most theatergoers have avoided meeting the actors' gaze by smiling awkwardly and staring straight ahead, the roughly 76 people seated on the aisles have been less fortunate. Performers are currently removing them from their seats and are apparently forcing them to participate in some kind of humiliating choreographed dance.

Jesus Christ, one actor just did a jumping toe-touch from the stage into the audience, pumped his fist, and high-fived a fellow performer, prompting those in the first several rows to jerk back in their seats and shield their heads.

"Why can't we just watch the play?" a female audience member asked a man who is possibly her husband. "When I saw this with Diane in New York, I swear, David, I swear they didn't do this."

Although the exodus into the seating area was not announced, there have been several indications that the actors could be capable of ruining the invisible boundary between them and the paying public. During the previous song, the ensemble sang the words, "For all of us," and gestured not only to themselves, but also to the audience. A second, more ominous sign was the sudden raising of the houselights during the song's chorus—a slight change in mood that caused some worried attendees to look around and ask, "What's going on?"

And, just before the upbeat percussive section that unleashed the thespians, a male lead turned his head sharply to the audience and said, "Here we go."

By then, however, it was too late.

Witnesses say one actor has now perched himself on the back of a seat and started singing directly to a small child. The boy has responded by clinging to his mother and burying his face into her chest.

"They're bringing that fat guy back onstage with them," an audience member said. "Oh, Christ, what are they going to make him do? Why—why don't they just leave us alone?"

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    actualle i needa date

You'll be the prettiest belle at the ball.

Now, I need a bed.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    that's great. I always hated shit like that.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Variable wrote: »

I hate that shit with a fucking passion. Right up until I was twelve or so my mom would take every excuse she possibly could to drag me to some shit like that and if I didn't fiegn utmost enthusiasm and go along with it she would give me shit for it for weeks, sometimes months.

Like I didn't want to go to Disney World in the first place it's not my fault the goddamn mouse expected me to want my picture taken with him fuck off.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Huh. 2007 Tacoma 4x4 super cab with <40,000 kms for $26,000.

Used is sometimes worthwhile.....

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    haha, my mom was always understanding. thankfully. I wouldn't have even feigned interest though, I'd not have taken part. so it really wasn't worth it. luckily entertainers can usually tell when that's the case.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Like I didn't want to go to Disney World in the first place it's not my fault the goddamn mouse expected me to want my picture taken with him fuck off.

Of course I never actually said that because if I said anything while she was yelling at me I'd get hit. Also, you know, because I never swore because I started posting here.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh, god. I love when the Onion gets real with shit. They're usually pretty great, but I particularly love the articles that mean something to me. And I do hate that shit.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

I hate that shit with a fucking passion. Right up until I was twelve or so my mom would take every excuse she possibly could to drag me to some shit like that and if I didn't fiegn utmost enthusiasm and go along with it she would give me shit for it for weeks, sometimes months.

I still remember my trip to Disney World a decade ago.

For some reason, the most vivid memory I have of it is when I saw, in the time leading up to the trip, an old Letterman Top 10 list of "Top 10 Things That Will Get You Kicked Out Of Disney World" and one of them was "Loudly saying 'I DO believe in Tinkerbell!' in the men's room".

I did, and I wasn't.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tell us how you really feel about it

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Got my hair did.
    ja87zo.jpg

RonTheDM on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Hopefully you'll be alive for me to kill myself.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Got my hair did.
    ja87zo.jpg

I bet during sex it spins. Or right at climax. Whichever

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Got my hair did.
    ja87zo.jpg
    Why would someone do that? I mean, that's obviously an INTENTIONAL hairstyle; the odds of a hairstylist making that exact combination of mistakes and then leaving it like that are simply too great.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Quid wrote: »

I... What?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Gosling wrote: »
    Got my hair did.
    ja87zo.jpg
    Why would someone do that? I mean, that's obviously an INTENTIONAL hairstyle; the odds of a hairstylist making that exact combination of mistakes and then leaving it like that are simply too great.

The invisible... helicopter weaver?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I... What?
    My fantasy suicide is jumping off the magic tower in a Mickey Mouse suit taking not only my own life, but the childhoods of at least hundreds.

Quid on
  • Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Don't hate.

RonTheDM on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Gosling wrote: »
    Got my hair did.
    ja87zo.jpg
    Because they can and it's hilarious?

Quid on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    shallow breathing
    fever 102.4
    chills/shivering
    dizzy/off balance
    hypertensive skin/feels unpleasant to move

do you think this warrants a trip to the emergency room

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I... What?
    My fantasy suicide is jumping off the magic tower in a Mickey Mouse suit taking not only my own life, but the childhoods of at least hundreds.

If that's what you wanted, just get up in the Mickey outfit, and get Minnie and girls in Pluto and Minnie costumes, and start hardcore fucking them both in the middle of the park. Then after you've come over and over, start ruthlessly beating the ever living lights out of Minnie, throw a few rocks at some of the gawking parents, screaming rabidly the whole time, and finally take a shotgun to the face.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Eddy that sounds awful, yes my recommendation is ER. 102.5 or so is about how long I'd feel out a fever before considering it an emergency. GL dude.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If that's what you wanted, just get up in the Mickey outfit, and get Minnie and girls in Pluto and Minnie costumes, and start hardcore fucking them both in the middle of the park. Then after you've come over and over, start ruthlessly beating the ever living lights out of Minnie, throw a few rocks at some of the gawking parents, screaming rabidly the whole time, and finally take a shotgun to the face.
    Your suicide sucks. Way to suck.

Edit: And seconded on the ER.

Quid on
This discussion has been closed.