As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The First Annual Post-PAX Party Dinner. THANK YOU ALL FOR AN AMAZING PARTY!

• Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm actually going to look to Twitter for updating people during PAX. Things like "I'm at the Taphouse if anybody wants to head down early" or "Late registrants can pick up their bracelets, I'm by the Subway" or stuff like that might be best broadcast using Twitter. It seems to be very suited for an environment like PAX, especially with all the smartphones floating around. I can update the site with my iPhone, too, but Twitter means instant notification if you're following and have alerts turned on.

As far as games go: there most definitely will be a schedule of some kind, but it's too early to really get into specifics. Also, I don't exactly know when the end will be. I'll have to ask Lindsay!

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Arco wrote: »
    Also, I don't exactly know when the end will be. I'll have to ask Lindsay!

From the Taphouse website:
    How long may we have the room?
    Standard event time is 3 hours. Each additional hour increases the original food and beverage minimum by 25%.

So, each extra hour we need to kick in an extra 625 (812.50 with tax/tip) in, what? Drinks? You guys think we can drink enough to keep that room open 'til closing? Fuck yes we can!

Seriously though, it probably won't be that simple. Probably another question for Lindsey, Arco.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Standard event time is 3 hours. Each additional hour increases the original food and beverage minimum by 25%.

So, each extra hour we need to kick in an extra 625 (812.50 with tax/tip) in, what? Drinks? You guys think we can drink enough to keep that room open 'til closing? Fuck yes we can!

Seriously though, it probably won't be that simple. Probably another question for Lindsey, Arco.

If it is just drinks I'm sure we can. And that's probably all it is. Essentially them just trying to maximize their profit on the room. That and to make sure that rock band is even better.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That would mean that, with 100 people, we'd have to spend around $8 each per hour we went over the 3 hours. That's certainly do-able with the cost of drinks.

That does add an extra complication into the mix, though. I'm a little angry at myself that I didn't catch that before now. It's on their events page, but not in the .pdf that Lindsay sent me originally. I'll have to ask Lindsay about that soon.

Arco on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm sure this extra spending won't be a problem for me anyway, as I can guarantee I'll be spending more than $8 per hour on drinks :P

But yeah, it is extra money.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think we can do a few extra hours with drinks i mean i myself, will buy around $20 in shots so that means that i saved one person 8 bucks lol. especially if we play for drinks... loser buys winner a drink in a fighting or shooter game.

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm registered.8-)

parabola on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Edited the front page to reflect the current ticket sales: 22.

Arco on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I will be pre-registering shortly, as well as several friends.

I really hope this gets off the ground soon, it would suck if it doesn't.

Edit: I am officially pre-registered! Can't wait!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    "Several friends" is the kind of thing I want to see.

The more people pre-register, the better. That's all that we're waiting on for this thing to get off the ground. Everything is in place. Once we hit the 100 people mark, everything is golden.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well I preregistered but I did something stupid in the job title where i was supposed to put "dragondevon" i put "crew member" i was talking to a fellow crew member while i filled it out, and I was wondering if you can change it Arco. anyway I registered and I cant wait.

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah dude, no worries. :) Welcome aboard!

Arco on
  • Options
    ShigglesShiggles Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

I'm definitely interested in going. I'll pre-reg next Friday when I get my paycheck. :D

3 hours is lots of time. I want to do both this & the PAX Tweetup, so that will give me plenty of time to mingle back and forth between the two. Google maps says it's about a 15 minute walk between the Taphouse and the Garage. :)

Shiggles on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I'm glad we're getting some Post-PAX events centrally located around the convention center. This makes me very happy. It's not over until Monday morning!

Arco on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    awsome thanx arco...again I cant wait. 3 hours is good hopefully we can get more if not thats cool. so anymore discussion on games?

Dragondevon on
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• Options
    ShigglesShiggles Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

BIG EDIT: Pre-Registration for the PPPD is live and required. Click here to pre-register. Please put your forum handle in the "job title" field when you register. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

Haha! I knew I forgot something important lol!

I put in "Hugger!" as my unofficial job title. LOL! :P

Anyways, I sent Arco an e-mail about it so hopefully it will get fixed. :D

Totally stoked to see you all there, even though we've never met IRL. ^_^

Shiggles on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Did you? I think maybe you were devoured by my spam filter or something. Either way, I'll fix it. Shiggles as the job title, right?

Welcome aboard!

EDIT: Shiggles puts us at 25 people, which is 25% (gasp, math) of our total. Woot!

Arco on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Make that 26%!

cheez on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Damn, I loved the Taphouse when I was at PAX last year (had dinner and drinks there twice) and I always struggle to find shit to do on Sunday night after PAX, this is a definite must go for me.

Sadly, I'll have to wait till next week to pre-reg (damn bills, getting in the way of important stuff :D ).

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    VH friend +1 go!

Regged.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Registrations are picking up steam :D

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Also, were you still planning on mailing out bracelets or whatever?

Seems to me just handling it in person saves a headache and expense in mailing, and you can account for all of them, no lost mail or wrong/changed addresses etc.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Plus then we can make like we're a privileged nightclub and have somebody at the door checking "the list." I've always wanted to be on the list.

cheez on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Haha. We're mailing out bracelets precisely because we don't have anybody checking names. Although I will have "the list" in my pocket for the night, so I suppose you can come see me if you want to have the experience of being on it. ;)

As far as handing out bracelets: the only reason I'm currently inclined to mail them is because I can't think of a way to effectively distribute them during PAX. Getting 100 to show up in one place is hard enough. I imagine trying to do it during PAX with 70,000 other people around would be chaos. I also don't want to take anyone's time away from the expo to come get their bracelet. Also, people will inevitably miss that session anyway, so I'd still have to bring extras and the list to the party on Sunday.

I'm not closed off to the idea, though. If people are receptive to it and we can come up with an organized scenario, that's great. Mailing out 100 bracelets, even in plain old envelopes, is still $44 at the current stamp rate. Obviously I'd like to save on that expense.

Arco on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You can just hand me mine on the train trip up.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    TNTrooper wrote: »

this

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    TNTrooper wrote: »

this

More of /\

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, put me on the "receive on train trip" list.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You should probably try to keep bumping this so people will see it and register...

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, is it time to start freaking out yet about the number of people registered?

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ehhhhhh. I dunno. These forums really explode the closer we get to PAX, so I'm still not worried about it too much.

Keep in mind that we can always get the club room, which is 50 people. The price doesn't really change. It's got one pool table, one projector, and a 50" HDTV.

I'm still not convinced we need to worry about 100 people. We're over half-way to 50 people. So either way I think it will work out.

EDIT: Took a more serious look at things, and yeah. We're most definitely in good shape for the club room. We've got 30 pre-registrations right now. We'll most definitely pick up 20 people before PAX, I'm not worried about that at all.

I'm going to e-mail Lindsay today and see what she has to say. I may have to put a cap on the tickets at 50 people, just because we might not be able to get to 100. We can't have like 70 people, because then we aren't filling the Billiards Lounge to capacity, and thus, aren't meeting the minimum at the ticket price posted. I hate to cap the event like that, but money is money.

I think what I might do, depending on what Lindsay says, is put a cap on the tickets at 50 and then add an RSVP style ticket to the eventbrite page for like, a dollar. If people want to come once 50 spots are full, they put down a dollar. If I get 50 more people who put down a dollar, I open up ticket sales again. Something like that.

Anyway. I wouldn't worry too much about it. We might have to scale down from the ultra awesome Billiards Lounge to the merely super awesome Club Room, but that's not a big deal.

Arco on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Once we get closer to PAX this forum get's a lot more viewers. You might want to make the link for registering a bit bigger then just here. Can be a bit hard to spot in that big post.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    O yeah, I totally forgot about the club room. So yeah, I think fo sho we'll get 50. But it is going to be a bit iffy going for 100.
    I think your idea of capping at 50 and then having an RSVP up to 100 is a good idea. Is it possible to have it be a free RSVP though? Even if it just an RSVP via forum PM to you or something instead of on eventbrite.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Registered.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Took TNT's advice and beefed up the registration link. Edited the front page a little. Notably, removed the list of RSVP and confirmed people. There's a list on the registration page, and the big gap between 80+ RSVP and 30+ registered was kind of depressing.

31 registrations as of today.

I'm definitely going to put a cap on registrations once we reach 60 (Lindsay said they can squeeze 60 people into the Club Room), and hopefully that will tantalize people into buying 40 more tickets.

I'm also working on a few polls right now. Apparently once a poll is added on the forums, it can't be deleted/edited/anything. So I have to do an external poll site. But I want to actually survey you guys and get some data on food, games, etc. So expect that soon.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    A series of polls that you should all vote in can be found here!

Arco on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Registered! My first year to PAX and I'm taking the CCST and going to the Pre- and Post- PAX events; i'm going to be in social overload hehe.

Thank you very much, Arco, for coordinating this; it looks to be amazing.

Rius on
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Took TNT's advice and beefed up the registration link. Edited the front page a little. Notably, removed the list of RSVP and confirmed people. There's a list on the registration page, and the big gap between 80+ RSVP and 30+ registered was kind of depressing.

31 registrations as of today.

I'm definitely going to put a cap on registrations once we reach 60 (Lindsay said they can squeeze 60 people into the Club Room), and hopefully that will tantalize people into buying 40 more tickets.

I'm also working on a few polls right now. Apparently once a poll is added on the forums, it can't be deleted/edited/anything. So I have to do an external poll site. But I want to actually survey you guys and get some data on food, games, etc. So expect that soon.

Why don't you PM the people who said they were going to come. say the deadline is quickly approaching, and you need a headcount.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Alright, money sent, pre-reg complete.

Bring on the beer and food!

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Voted in the poll.

Pulled Pork and Tequila Chicken for the win!

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
This discussion has been closed.