As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The First Annual Post-PAX Party Dinner. THANK YOU ALL FOR AN AMAZING PARTY!

• Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    EDIT: (thought this was PRE-PAX Dinner... hurm)

Oh... Burn...

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arco wrote: »

Oh... Burn...

Perhaps we need to inform him that you can and should attend both. And there is something wrong with you if you don't want to.

I mean booze + PAXers always = fun times. <3

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cronus wrote: »

Oh... Burn...

Perhaps we need to inform him that you can and should attend both. And there is something wrong with you if you don't want to.

I mean booze + PAXers always = fun times. <3

Though I thoroughly enjoy the bubbly, you Yanks won't let me drink any for another year!

Besides, I'll be doing tear-down. Didn't mean to cause a stir by hastily posting my poorly-executed RSVP. Thanks for calling me out on that, Arco! :P

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Just under a month left. We should probably discuss who's bringing what to this thing.

According to the polls, we need an XBox, a Wii, and games.

I can bring an XBox, but I'm traveling a pretty long way on a train, with people throwing my bags around. I'd rather not. If someone is more local who wouldn't mind bringing one, that would be good.

I can bring Halo 3, Rock Band 2, and maybe Street Fighter 4 if I pick it up between now and then. If we need an XBox hard drive for Rock Band DLC, I can also bring that.

I'm also bringing my laptop with a huge and varied iTunes library on it, so anybody with an iPhone and the Remote app will be able to use the iTunes DJ feature to request songs. That should be fun.

Arco on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If we're going to do a 360 w/ Rock Band, I can bring my HDD. I've got around 300 DLC songs ranging from all the country stuff (my brother-in-law's fault) to Slayer and God Forbid.

I'll also take requests as I have a good supply of the Pepsi Rock Band caps and can score some more songs before PAX.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If we're going to do a 360 w/ Rock Band, I can bring my HDD. I've got around 300 DLC songs ranging from all the country stuff (my brother-in-law's fault) to Slayer and God Forbid.

I'll also take requests as I have a good supply of the Pepsi Rock Band caps and can score some more songs before PAX.

You need to be on the 360 you downloaded the songs or be on Live to get around the DRM though.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TNTrooper wrote: »

You need to be on the 360 you downloaded the songs or be on Live to get around the DRM though.

I could bring both.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    TNTrooper wrote: »

I could bring both.

Problem solved then.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    we goota have some left for dead action: i want to be a zombie

"Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

and on and on and on...lol

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    we goota have some left for dead action: i want to be a zombie

"Exactly."
    "which means he is a zombie."

and on and on and on...lol
    +1

Arco on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'll just bring all my 360 multiplayer games. Which isn't very much really, but it's something. I might also bring Sonic the Hedgehog for PS3 as a joke raffle prize.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    As of today we're at 46 people. Remember, I'm capping ticket sales and instituting the RSVP/wait list for the Billiards Lounge at 60. If you or your friends haven't registered yet, I suggest you do so very soon. Thanks to all those who registered in the last few days!

Lindsay e-mailed me today and asked how I was doing, so I imagine we're going to start hammering out things like the menu and stuff very soon. If you haven't voted in the polls (located here), you should do so now.

Arco on
  • Options
    frobearfrobear Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In +1 (as soon as he registers)!

...and maybe one more if I can convince another friend to go to PAX.

frobear on
  • Options
    diplomat_ashdiplomat_ash Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for putting this together Arco. I'm registered and looking forward to it.

diplomat_ash on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Diplomat_ash brings us to 51. 60 is approaching very, very soon. Register if you haven't yet!

Arco on
  • Options
    HammyHammy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Myself and a friend are now registered!

Hammy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Good news and bad news.

Good news first: we're up to 53 registrants. We're absolutely okay for the Club Room. The dinner is definitely on, no doubt about it. I have the contract from Lindsay and after I sign it, we're officially on. I'm capping the registrations at 60 like previously discussed, and based on the registrations sold in the next few days, I'm still optimistic about the Billiards Lounge.

I also found the PAX group on Facebook and posted something about the dinner there. That might give us the extra boost we need to get up to 100 and get the Billiards Lounge.

Bad news: Lindsay has made me aware of gratuity on alcohol served. This is something I didn't notice in my original planning. The event host (me) is responsible for all gratuity on drinks served, which will add up to several hundred dollars. Not so good.

In response to this, Lindsay worked something out where we won't have to pay gratuity on the drinks, but we have to pay a flat $150 fee. This is a good deal for us, as I imagine between 50+ people, the actual amount would end up being a lot more. Lindsay is taking very good care of us.

However, this is an expense I didn't plan for in the ticket price, and unfortunately it's going to eat up most of the buffer money. This is exactly why I included the buffer in the first place. An unforeseen expense came up that nobody, myself included, was aware of. It's a bummer that we won't have that money to use on the raffle, but that's just how it goes. The raffle is still on if we can get enough donated prizes, which I imagine we will.

So, good news and bad news. Mostly good news. The dinner is still on, registrations are picking up a lot of steam, and everything is looking great.

Arco on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bad news: Lindsay has made me aware of gratuity on alcohol served. This is something I didn't notice in my original planning. The event host (me) is responsible for all gratuity on drinks served, which will add up to several hundred dollars. Not so good.

I had noticed this early on, and I think I tried to point it out. Either way, it's ridiculous. If it's not an open bar (hell, even if it was) people are going to tip as they get drinks, which means they're going to be doubling up on tips. Laaaaaaaame.

That said, despite my initial input and enthusiasm, I'm out. A friend of mine from across the country decided semi-last minute to come to PAX, and I'm going to spend Sunday hanging out with him. Yes, yes, I know I could bring him along, but I think I'll pass all the same.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah. I should also add that this means gratuity is taken care of, and nobody should feel the need to tip on drinks.

Arco on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A lot of my friends have already registered, I might as well too!

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    56 registrants now. There are only 4 guaranteed tickets left!

Arco on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The buffer takes care of the gratuity then? That's fine, that's why we have it as you say.

I'm not going to miss any raffle hehe.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You know what? I will donate to a/the raffle my copy of King's Knight for NES. I just have the cartridge in a sleeve, no box or anything, but it's a neat little thing, seeing as it's a Square title (kind of) that predates Final Fantasy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Knight

Rius on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    You know what? I will donate to a/the raffle my copy of King's Knight for NES. I just have the cartridge in a sleeve, no box or anything, but it's a neat little thing, seeing as it's a Square title (kind of) that predates Final Fantasy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Knight

Wow. Is it new? It doesn't have to be, I'm just curious.

For my raffle prize I'm going to be giving away a limited edition Games Day 2002 Kroot Shaper for Warhammer 40,000, mint in blister.
    IMG_0021.jpg

If you have a Tau army, this would be pretty sweet.

Arco on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, define "New", hehe. I picked it up at a garage sale a long time ago for very cheap, and it's just been sitting on my knickknack shelf for years.

I have my FF9 pre-reservation Vivi doll on that shelf too, but I'm keeping it =)

Rius on
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i could donate the Super Mario bros super show volume 2 on dvd for the raffle . . . it's brand new sealed in the box . . . i accidentally ordered 2 copies from amazon.com and it's just been sitting on a shelf collecting dust for months

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Haha. Nice.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I got spare carts for both Megaman 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wow. This raffle could turn into a cool little thing. I can't wait.

Also, we've said it before but thanks for doing all this Arco. Let me know if you need any help with braclets or the raffle or anything. This is going to be one awesome party.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    :) It's really my pleasure, guys. I can't wait for this to happen. Thanks for the encouragement.

Arco on
  • Options
    bookofnerdsbookofnerds Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Voted! Mmmmmm sushi.

bookofnerds on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The sushi seems to be a very popular choice. I am one of those weird people you meet sometimes that doesn't like sushi.

I also don't like strawberries.

Hi, I'm Arco and I'm a freak.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You're no freak Arco. Well not for this anyway. I don't like sushi at all. Pulled pork and tequila chicken better be beating it. Pulled pork people!

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i have 2 rules about meat .. .
    1) I won't eat it unless it is cooked
    2) I won't eat it if it lived in the ocean

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i have 2 rules about meat .. .
    1) I won't eat it unless it is cooked
    2) I won't eat it if it lived in the ocean

It tastes better that way anyway.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I also have two rules:

1. It must be visually appealing.

2. It must be delicious.

Sushi obeys both. :P

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Upon futher consideration, considering I'm flying out and bringing my laptop as a carry-on, I'll have to scratch transporting my whole 360 set up with me to PAX. I would consider shipping it in a checked bag or via Fed Ex or some other means, but after losing my DS when my bag got lost en route to Seattle last year (it eventually showed up at the hotel, sans DS and a couple of other items, filing a petition with the airline was a joy to get my money back on what was taken) and not having a whole lot of extra cash to pay to ship the mother overnight or 2-day to my hotel, I'm not lugging the whole thing up there.

I have enough space in my laptop case to stow the hard drive in, but it won't do much good unless the 360 it's in is hooked up to Live. Unless there's wi-fi at the Taphouse and I could run a crossover to my lappy and use it as an access point, it'll be a no go on my Rock Band DLC.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I still plan on bringing my 360 and games.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    BlackDragon, don't worry about it. I'm sure we can find someone more local who has Rock Band and a 360. I had no idea you planned on bringing it on an airline; I wouldn't do that, either.

Arco on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If you guys need a Wii, I should be bringing mine. I only have two controllers (which include nunchuck and Classic Controller attachments) and one Motion Plus unit, so someone else will have to provide two more to make a full set of four. I'll bring SSB:Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Boom Blox, and Wii Sports Resort - if anyone has recommendations for Virtual Console or WiiWare games I'll consider them, but for the most part anything else others will have to bring.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
This discussion has been closed.