As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Announced for 360/PS3: It's out for 360! 2 weeks for PS3 users!

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Masume wrote: »
    Videos!

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/play/48286/Xbox-360/Marvel-vs-Capcom-2/Gameplay/Captivate-2009-Gameplay-Movie-1/Flash-Video

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/play/48288/Xbox-360/Marvel-vs-Capcom-2/Gameplay/Captivate-2009-Gameplay-Movie-2/Flash-Video

I'm surprised how much faster and fluid it looks. Bought with the fury of a thousand suns.
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I'm only going to play this with PA people. Serious competitive MvC2 is WAY over my head. Random online would probably make me rage and punch a hole through my TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGoB_vVmBs4

Ahahahah, oh that's so freaking classic. I can't wait to get this online, it's so bought. One of my fav games, I spent soooooo much time on this in the 'cades and on my DC it was a day one purchase. I never got overly competitive with it though, it was cheese but pure fun. :D

Annnnnnnnnd this is why I don't play fighting games.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    they should at least consider adding a balanced mode sometime later to the game.... being able to just sit there w/ magneto and hit a button and kill someone is just retarded.

dav3yb on
    PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Holy shit, and I just managed to find a copy of the PS2 version for a shocking $50 a few weeks ago. I guess $65 for two copies is still better than the usual $Texas for one.

But damn if I don't feel a bit silly.

Baka_Shade on
    kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well hopefully they'll have rebalanced the game somewhat to avoid embarrassments like that.

Otherwise, Magneto is the new Flowchart Ken. :|

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well hopefully they'll have rebalanced the game somewhat to avoid embarrassments like that.

Otherwise, Magneto is the new Flowchart Ken. :|

im pretty sure they arent touching the gameplay at all... but it should come later for sure.

dav3yb on
    PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Magneto makes Ken/Sagat/[Insert Annoying Character] look like a pushover

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I need arcade sticks for this game.

I NEED ARCADE STICKS FOR THIS GAME!

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sivraj wrote: »
    Magneto makes Ken/Sagat/[Insert Annoying Character] look like a pushover

Well, he IS Magneto. Dude don't play around. I think we all remember . . .
    75997-38282-wolverine_super.jpg

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Oh.. why don't you go create a thread about it then abandon it.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This is what I predict happening.

M: "Hey guys, look what I downloaded today... MvC2!!!!!"

F: "That’s pimp, start it up!"

F: "The game lags, all this new HD stuff lags, lets just go back to the DC version".

Anytime I try to show my friends a "sweet new fighting game I got" for my PS3/LCD... friends always bitch about lag due to it being an HDTV. That or I have a bunch of bad controllers. :)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    SlayerVin wrote: »

Oh.. why don't you go create a thread about it then abandon it.

I think this calls for an "O SNAP!"

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    One of my gaming prayers have been answered.

Finally you will feel the wrath of my Jill/Tronn Bonne/Cyclops team. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That's because your friends are bitches Baker. Bitches.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hooray

I love this game and my Dreamcast copy of it is so scratched up that it usually takes a few tries to get it to load

Okay, show of hands: who's going to use the custom soundtracks to replace all the music with Marvel vs Capcom 1's music (me. I will)

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Masume wrote: »
    Videos!

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/play/48286/Xbox-360/Marvel-vs-Capcom-2/Gameplay/Captivate-2009-Gameplay-Movie-1/Flash-Video

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/play/48288/Xbox-360/Marvel-vs-Capcom-2/Gameplay/Captivate-2009-Gameplay-Movie-2/Flash-Video

I'm surprised how much faster and fluid it looks. Bought with the fury of a thousand suns.
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I'm only going to play this with PA people. Serious competitive MvC2 is WAY over my head. Random online would probably make me rage and punch a hole through my TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGoB_vVmBs4

Ahahahah, oh that's so freaking classic. I can't wait to get this online, it's so bought. One of my fav games, I spent soooooo much time on this in the 'cades and on my DC it was a day one purchase. I never got overly competitive with it though, it was cheese but pure fun. :D

I can't even imagine perfecting a guy at the pro level in MvC2. That's just some crazy brokenness right there. Kill three chars without even a tiny bit of chip damage? god damn.

Sakeido on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So how soon before we hold a MvC2 Tourney? :):) I got 8 friends that all want in :)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Why won't this stupid game just roll over and die already? EVO has dropped 3S, and I was hoping MvC2 would be next, but then this shit? Ugh.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Page- wrote: »
    Why won't this stupid game just roll over and die already? EVO has dropped 3S, and I was hoping MvC2 would be next, but then this shit? Ugh.

Who is this Evo and why do you fellate him?

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Who is this Evo and why do you fellate him?

You being serious?

3S sucks... MvC2 FOR LIFEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! 8-)

e: I kid, I like 3rd Strike.. just not as much as MvC2 :)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I thought they were doing 3s doubles this year.

Why so much hate?

Jubeh on
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Hooray
    Okay, show of hands: who's going to use the custom soundtracks to replace all the music with Marvel vs Capcom 1's music (me. I will)

Apparently i'm in the minority here. I actually really like the original music.
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Cyclops, Sentinel, and Captain Commando FTW

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Some people actually like to play games and have fun, not just measure their video game penises.

Shocker!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm not saying 3S is any better, just making the point that they finally realized that a whole tourney full of nothing but Chun and Yun players, with maybe a Ken to even out the top 10, gets boring rather quickly. God willing they'd realize it's the same shit with MvC2 isn't any better, even if the matches are shorter. I know there's a lot of blood boiling and people get mad hype for no godamn reason, but still.

Edit: Third Strike teams is a little different. Generally you see some actual character variety, and it doesn't get the same hype as singles anyway.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Boring to watch maybe. But not boring to play, and I think thats the point.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    this is like some sick joke, right? just made to toy with all our emotions?

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    They should just force random character selection!

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Some people actually like to play games and have fun, not just measure their video game penises.

Shocker!

Indeed. Sometimes you just want to see Juggernaut and the Geef duke it out.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Shocker!

Indeed. Sometimes you just want to see Jill and Megaman duke it out.

I come for the cross-over but stay for the Capcom.

Seriously, if they just did a...Capcom vs. Capcom, I'd totally be okay with that.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sakeido wrote: »
    I can't even imagine perfecting a guy at the pro level in MvC2. That's just some crazy brokenness right there. Kill three chars without even a tiny bit of chip damage? god damn.

The guy who won took the initiative and kept up the pressure. I'm not pro, but I could still see a number of openings the dude's opponent could've used to counterattack. Plus, that guy who shut off the game was a just a pure asshole. People need to get banned from tournaments for pulling crap like that.

Personally, I love the fact that this game moves a million miles an hour. Far too many games these days get shipped with crutches to help weaker players. MvC2 is set up so that a really good player can destroy a middling player and I have absolutely no problem with that. Even with really good players, somebody can pick a theme team like Juggernaut, Hulk, and Sentinel and still have a good match because they know what they're doing.

I guess what's really important is that we judge a game based purely on it's tournament potential and not actually enjoying the game.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Third Strike teams is a little different. Generally you see some actual character variety, and it doesn't get the same hype as singles anyway.

If you look at the end results of a team tourney 90% of the time the winning team is Ken/Yun/Chun. If you want to watch cool 3s, you have to go back in time to 2006. Otherwise bleh. That game really does blow at high levels.

Always cool to watch clockwork in marvel, and other guys like him who use atypical teams.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    If you want to see some marvel matches that are wacky, check out every VDO vid on this page.

http://zachd.com/mvc2/recent.php

He uses Rogue/Colossus/Ken and does alright. He is really good, but you can't really win tourneys with a team like that.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I did stop watching 3S in 2005, actually. MvC2 never appealed to me at all, and I stopped even trying to like it a long time ago.

If you ask me, the only thing that keeps it above 3S is the shit talk.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hype is powerful stuff.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I wonder if Infinites will be taken out... Ironman's is just to EZ.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I wouldn't count on any balancing. Perhaps, if this sells well, we can hope for MvC3.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I wonder if Infinites will be taken out... Ironman's is just to EZ.

Yeah, the infinite combos are pretty much the only thing that I think should 200%, no-questions-asked be removed. It shouldn't be too hard; just put in some code which lets the player getting punished block after their enemy repeats the same sequence so many times within a certain time frame.

That video of the Cyclops victory is an excellent example of why picking the perfect team in MvC2 isn't an auto-win. The guy just plain out-played an opponent who had a massive advantage.
    I did stop watching 3S in 2005, actually. MvC2 never appealed to me at all, and I stopped even trying to like it a long time ago.

If you ask me, the only thing that keeps it above 3S is the shit talk.

So congratulations for coming to a thread about a game you don't like to tell everybody about how much you don't like it? Great job on that.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Do you want to discuss the game or just have a nice circle jerk over the announcement?

Seriously though, I still prefer XvsSF for fucking around, even though that game is arguably even more broken than MvC2. Now, if they put that shit on an accessible console I would be all over it.

In other news, my dream of getting a cheaper stick once the SF4 hype died down just went up in smoke. FML.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    While I myself am happy about the re-release I will say the lack of rebalancing is a little disheartening. There is a lot of abusable stuff in the game that doesn't even need high level skill. Probably still buy it to dick around with people though.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sivraj wrote: »
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Hooray

Apparently i'm in the minority here. I actually really like the original music.
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Cyclops, Sentinel, and Captain Commando FTW

Guile/Captain America/War Machine was here, all other teams are losers

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut