As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Announced for 360/PS3: It's out for 360! 2 weeks for PS3 users!

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The fact that Capcom was able to get this re-released even though the Marvel licensing is held by so many parties gives me hope that they may be able to get Testunoko v Capcom released stateside like they're trying to do.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I hear Testunoko v Capcom is a "huge disappointment".

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Nobody on this side of the ocean knows any of the characters from the Tatsumokowhatever side, though. They should take the engine and make another MVC game on it.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I have not heard anyone talk about TvC at all since launch.

Kinda fell out off the radar.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Not that great. Dial-a-combo glitchfest, just as broken as every other Capcom fighter.

Looks better than SF4, though.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »
    I have not heard anyone talk about TvC at all since launch.

Kinda fell out off the radar.

Periodically Capcom mentions it, and talk about how they are trying to work through the legal tape since they seem to get alot of mail requesting it.

I hope it happens.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Page- wrote: »
    Not that great. Dial-a-combo glitchfest, just as broken as every other Capcom fighter.

And?

If you want balance, go put two equal masses on a plank while maintaining them equidistant from a central fulcrum.

MvC is about having fun and beating up dudes with your favourite comic book characters whilst looking completely over the top doing it. I'm not even going to touch the "every other Capcom fighter" comment since you're obviously just looking for a response to that.

subedii on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hmmm I kinda like this game even though I hate fighters. Guess just because I used to always play it at pizza places. I have the Xbox version but hardly ever play it since I dont have it hooked up to the big tv and the BC mode on the 360 is a joke. Maybe I should get it for PS3...

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vote ficusvote ficus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My excuse for getting cornholed at this game in arcades was the stick. Now it will be the 360's dpad. Does anyone know of a 360 controller with a dpad that isn't quite so terrible?

Also, Wolverine/Storm/Cyclops takes your lunch money.

vote ficus on
  • Options
    SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    vote ficus wrote: »
    My excuse for getting cornholed at this game in arcades was the stick. Now it will be the 360's dpad. Does anyone know of a 360 controller with a dpad that isn't quite so terrible?

Also, Wolverine/Storm/Cyclops takes your lunch money.

The SF4 fightpad from MadCatz is supposedly the sex of D-pads. It's more or less a Sega Saturn controller, the best 2D controller ever.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Thanks, the Akuma on the pad can be the fourth team member that provides moral support.

vote ficus on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I hope the Strider/Doom trap still works. When I discovered that on SRK I made my cousin weep bitter tears while mercilessly beating him to death.

I kinda regret getting a 360 sometimes. Fucking MS and their proprietary peripheral key lockdown mechanism, I just want to plug in a Saturn USB pad!

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    subedii wrote: »

And?

If you want balance, go put two equal masses on a plank while maintaining them equidistant from a central fulcrum.

MvC is about having fun and beating up dudes with your favourite comic book characters whilst looking completely over the top doing it. I'm not even going to touch the "every other Capcom fighter" comment since you're obviously just looking for a response to that.

I was referring to TvC, but whatever. It's less interesting than MvC2, strangely enough.

I suppose I could have narrowed it down to "every other vs game," but I didn't feel like it. Sometimes I do enjoy playing a game that at least pretends to be balanced, though. I find that to be more enjoyable than picking random characters and hitting buttons as fast as I can. To each their own, but if any other company had put TvC out then it would be reviled for the broken mess it is and left alone.

I am curious to see how the EVO games turn out, though.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    aBlank wrote: »
    I'm just glad it's getting lobbies. Dover, you plan on hosting tourneys for this too? :0

If the PA community support is there, which it looks like it is, I'll add it to the existing fighting game thread. In typical Dover style, I will have some wacky ideas for different types of tournaments in addition to the standard single elimination bracket. A few I thought of already:

-low tier only tourney (certain characters banned)
    -MvC tourney (marvel characters only vs capcom only characters)
    -random select tourney
    -team tourney
    -suicide style tourney

Anyone else have any fun/interesting ideas?
    So how soon before we hold a MvC2 Tourney? :):) I got 8 friends that all want in :)

We should probably wait for the game to, ya know, release first. :P

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sakura/Doom/Ken was always my tourney team.

I don't think I ever won one, but I always made it a couple of rounds in.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    -random select tourney

The only problem with this is that there's no random select button... at least there isn't on my ps2 copy.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    shyguyshyguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'M A MEMBER OF S.T.A.R.S.

Well, thank goodness they're taking out that unlocking bullshit. I still have my DC copy of the game, but my VMU bit the dust a while back and I refuse to play the shit out of arcade mode yet again to unlock everybody.

If I could institute one graphical change that would never in a million years happen, I'd finally make War Machine not just a palette swap of Iron Man. War Machine has his own awesome armor, darnit.

I am looking forward to rocking my Psylocke/War Machine/Captain Commando team again.

HERE'S MY SUNDAY'S BEST - PROTOOOOOON CANNON!

And yeah, high-level MvC2 play is really boring to watch and play. Welcome to every fighting game ever.

shyguy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Except all the ones that aren't.

But I hate freedom, so it's alright.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ruby Heart needs her own game.

She's on a boat, motherfucker.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited April 2009

1 character teams? In one of the gameplay videos now on gametrailers, there's a team with two metal clawed Wolverines. Maybe it will possible to have a team of (Character) x3.

vote ficus on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's real? There's no unlocking crapola? Awesome.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    subedii wrote: »

And?

I was referring to TvC, but whatever. It's less interesting than MvC2, strangely enough.

I suppose I could have narrowed it down to "every other vs game," but I didn't feel like it. Sometimes I do enjoy playing a game that at least pretends to be balanced, though. I find that to be more enjoyable than picking random characters and hitting buttons as fast as I can. To each their own, but if any other company had put TvC out then it would be reviled for the broken mess it is and left alone.

I am curious to see how the EVO games turn out, though.

I haven't played TvC so I can't really comment on that.

subedii on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

1 character teams? In one of the gameplay videos now on gametrailers, there's a team with two metal clawed Wolverines. Maybe it will possible to have a team of (Character) x3.

I hope you're wrong and it was metal claw and bone claw Wolverine. I want people to at least be forced to learn 3 characters. I don't want to play against Magneto/Magneto/Magneto teams online.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Barrabas wrote: »

I hope you're wrong and it was metal claw and bone claw Wolverine. I want people to at least be forced to learn 3 characters. I don't want to play against Magneto/Magneto/Magneto teams online.

If this is true this will happen all the goddamn time, given the inflexibility of teh serious gam0rz. Learning how to play more than one character in a fighting game? What madness is that?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    No, it would have to be a team with Wolvere metal claw and Wolverine bone claw.

You can't use the same character more than once on the same team.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48540.html

Looks like 2 pre-Fatal Attractions Wolverines to me.

vote ficus on
  • Options
    SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    SO SWEET!! Cannot wait!!

Snare on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Wasn't there a method to be able to use three of the same character on your team? I thought it was something you unlocked after either unlocking all of the characters or unlocking everything in the game, but I do remember it being possible.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I wonder what the possiblity is for a MvC3 now? Would the two companies have to sidestep any additional legalities/rights issues that they didn't already for MvC2 on XBLA/PSN to make it happen?

Halfmex on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I always wondered what was up with the EA game Marvel: Rise of the Imperfects when Activision owned all the Marvel rights a few years ago.

Wish this could happen with the Goldeneye port that was made.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    -random select tourney

The only problem with this is that there's no random select button... at least there isn't on my ps2 copy.

Hmmm....we can always see if holding the pad/stick in a corner causes the cursor to autoscroll.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Goldeneye was already remade on PC. Search Goldeneye Source

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DudBolt wrote: »
    Jubeh wrote: »
    If you want to see some marvel matches that are wacky, check out every VDO vid on this page.

http://zachd.com/mvc2/recent.php

He uses Rogue/Colossus/Ken and does alright. He is really good, but you can't really win tourneys with a team like that.

That site is terrible. All it shows is Sentinel/Magneto/Storm against Sentinel/Magneto/Storm matches.

Iduno if you were trying to make a point or something but Zachd goes out of his way to put up all these videos on his site, and honestly the community would be worse off without him. It's because of him that we get to see season's beatings in the first place. The site isn't terrible.

And yeah, you have to use a team like that to win at marvel. I mean I even said that in the first post.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    The Grey GOATThe Grey GOAT Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Man I love this game, but I can't say I'm too excited to get my ass kicked by people who spent all their time mastering Storm/Sent/Magneto teams. To me that takes all the fun out of this game when that's the ONLY characters people will probably use. Playing at home or online with friends will be fun, but not so much when you try to play a ranked match against a broken team.

The Grey GOAT on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." -HST
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If there is a large enough PA following it could be real fun.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    jack eddy wrote: »

Yup. And we could ban the use of Magneto. 8-)

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

If HD Remix was any indication, all signs point to there being no possibility of it not being fun.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    FroggyPFroggyP Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Wasn't there a method to be able to use three of the same character on your team? I thought it was something you unlocked after either unlocking all of the characters or unlocking everything in the game, but I do remember it being possible.

This is correct. It may have depended on the version though. Like Dreamcast vs PS2, but I'm positive that you can have three of the same.

FroggyP on
    PSN: AnalogSoul
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Juggernaut, Juggernaut, and Juggernaut vs Juggernaut, Juggernaut, and Juggernaut.

It's a wonderful thing.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Yup. And we could ban the use of Magneto. 8-)

When you ban top tier characters other characters take their place and then a new top tier if formed.

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?

Jubeh on