As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] The Figain Arena! Trash Talking Thread!

• Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So, if someone dies, they drop out of the tournament due to being murdered, or do they just "get up" after the match concludes?

cytorak on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    We ain't leaving no fools alive, arrows to the head once this fight is over.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    incasincas Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'ma start rolling a new charsheet.

6 teams! is it going to be round robin or triple-threat final?

also, about the first-round KO? very nice...

incas on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    commodusthumbsdown.jpg

Dead players get up and live to fight another day, assuming they aren't out of the competition.

And incas, the character sheet you submitted at the beginning of this game is the character sheet you are allowed to use. For obvious reasons, you can't simply re-roll when you find out who you are up against.

I have your sheets printed out, so don't try sneaking one by.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    bratrbratr Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    WOW this is not going to go well, I'm hoping my strategy is even viable, well strategy, rather cowardice, we shall see

bratr on
  • Options
    incasincas Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    >< no, figgy. i meant to say I should start rolling a new charsheet for season 2 of Figain Arena.

Because, clearly, it's going to be a lot faster and deadlier than I imagined. >< 8 hours and Melee Mongeese are 3/4s the way. I can only imagine what those arrows are going to do to my frail 28 hp ><

incas on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Ah ok. Hold off though, because I imagine we'll have some rules/restrictions based on lessons we've learned from season one.

Figgy on
  • Options
    Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, I think where pretty much fucked, but hopefully I can pull off some miracle victory. At the very least I don't think I'm going down so easily.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Was there some reason Spartacus didn't use an AP to attempt to finish his target on turn one? You know, beyond drawing out the spectacle for the crowd.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Also, the reason I moved next to Durensdinn was because I assumed he wouldn't be able to make an opportunity attack agianst me because he didn't have his weapon drawn. Besides, I wasn't actually expecting him to get a critical hit.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    He made an unarmed OA.

Also, Roryn gets a saving throw. So cyto, don't go yet!

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    If that is the case it should have been a bare fist girly punch OA indeed. But he criticalled so same effect.

Also I'm seriously wishing I had more Initiative mod now D: I fear my first turn survival rests almost entirely on that first d20 roll.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    He made an unarmed OA.

Must have hit me in the junk when he flailed at me with his girly wizard arms.

Critical hit indeed.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, these things will iron themselves out for the next season. If we find everyone is too close and open so that the first up always wins, we'll add more obstacles or simply make the arena bigger.

Figgy on
  • Options
    The EverymanThe Everyman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    What so I roll for my death saving throw? Just a d20, or what?

The Everyman on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yep.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Are there rules re: kicking (stabbing) people when they're down?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    None at all.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Also, the reason I moved next to Durensdinn was because I assumed he wouldn't be able to make an opportunity attack agianst me because he didn't have his weapon drawn. Besides, I wasn't actually expecting him to get a critical hit.

My guy is such a melee wuss that a dagger and an unarmed OA do the exact same amount of damage. I just flavored it up a bit.

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Winnah!

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    And I was worried that playing each round out one by one was going to be slow.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Team Awesome is just that awesome.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dude! You should have delayed so he'd fall asleep. Coup de gras! :)

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Spartacus doesn't hold back, he respects his opponents too much. We can coup de grace the next fools who show their faces to Team Awesome.

Besides, you don't want the crowd to climax in the first round! We gotta save some for the next show!

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Also, all of my damage rolls were max damage, something that will probably never happen again.

cytorak on
  • Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    where are the +5 bonuses on Twin STrike coming from?

Twin strike includes no modifier damage:
    Hit: 1[W] damage per attack.

So, I think Spartacus did 15 less dmg actually?

streever on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Huh, I don't have my book with me, but can someone look that up? If it shouldn't have done that, then I'll amend my post with my action point and my daily, which should finish him off.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    mynamewasgonemynamewasgone Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    From the compendium
    Twin Strike

If the first attack doesn't kill it, the second one might.

At-Will Martial, Weapon
    Standard Action Melee or Ranged weapon

Requirement: You must be wielding two melee weapons or a ranged weapon.

Targets: One or two creatures

Attack: Strength vs. AC (melee; main weapon and off-hand weapon) or Dexterity vs. AC (ranged), two attacks

Hit: 1[W] damage per attack.
    Increase damage to 2[W] at 21st level.

Team Slightly Less Awesome :p

mynamewasgone on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Psh, Team Awesome has no need for your silly little rules. Give him 15 more hp, and I'll finish this up in a second.

Do I have to wait till my next turn to attack, or can I amend my post with an action point? Since I would like him to go to sleep.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    mynamewasgonemynamewasgone Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Psh, Team Awesome has no need for your silly little rules. Give him 15 more hp, and I'll finish this up in a second.

Do I have to wait till my next turn to attack, or can I amend my post with an action point? Since I would like him to go to sleep.

You plead innocence, but will the Referee's think the same? Are you about to become Team Awesomely crushed from above?

mynamewasgone on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    The old twin strike mis-reading error! I feel they should have made an extra point of the fact that you don't get Ability mod damage on Twin Strike as this is the third time I've come across that error now and I have only played 3 games of 4th Ed.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I can't tell you how many times I've found myself wishing it DID count that damage! Rangers have a hard enough time dealing damage already in my mind. /grumbles

streever on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    *Throws popcorn and demands a rematch*

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    The EverymanThe Everyman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Don't worry, unless my team mate has any major reservations against it, I think I will concede the match.

The Everyman on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, I was dead anyway. Who cares if it takes an extra round? Good game.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Well then, I have company this weekend and I work in 15 minutes, so I'm unable to properly mediate this discussion. Hopefully, Ain can come in and make things right.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    yea, I don't think it was a big deal for this match, but, you know, just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page going forward. I definitely don't want rangers hitting me with a +10 dmg :D

streever on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Just got home from work. I'll get rolling soon.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    No harm as my esteemed opponent's roll could have hit either of us, but might I suggest laying down the rule that IC rolls should inculde who you are attacking and with what power in the note setion?

Stops any potential abuse by rolling your dice and then afterwards seeing how best to apply them.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So, Thetheroo and I are level 3 now, right? :P

cytorak on