As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I am worth $6

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    futility wrote: »
    Usually I don't strictly know how much money I have at any given point.

I have faith that whatever it is will be enough, and so far it has worked out wonderfully.

you are going to be working until you're 85... or dead... and then your family will have to work to pay off your debts, selling your grandchildren into servitude (there was a global meltdown and we went back to some sort of feudal system). But don't worry, one of them will catch the eye of a wealthy land owner and be raped.

And son, if you do your homework, work hard, and eat all your vegetables, you could be that wealthy landowner.

And maybe some day someone will write a story about your love... and then someone else centuries later will poorly add ninjas into the plot

Hahaha, grandchildren, haha.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ganluan wrote: »
    $600,000 more or less.

Are you looking to adopt?

That depends, are you a hot brunette with a kickin ass and boobs that don't say no?

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ...is this a thread to determine which one of us he wants to target for some kind of scheme?

some kind of money taking scheme?

mully on
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Man you all is poor suckas.

Well, if you're living at home that's a bit of an advantage :P

I'm not sure why people are subtracting their mortgage debt from their net worth, because the house must be worth something right? Well, I guess you could be like me and owe more than the house is worth...

Difficult to tell how much equity you have right off the bat (hint: almost none). A lot of people are also either underwater or have basically zero equity due to diminished housing values.

I put a about 60k down on my house, which is probably taking a fucking beating right now but at least I am not in the shit.

I've barely dented my mortgage and know that even though the house has value beyond what I owe... that's like made up value in the current market. No way I'd be able to flip it for a profit seeing as I got it at a bargain because it was about to be delisted.

futility on
  • Options
    matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    13 dollars woo woo

matthias00 on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Tossrock wrote: »
    Guys I am 6'0" and weigh about 145

I'm game with a height/weight thread, too

But Scarab will show up and shock you all

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I have faith that whatever it is will be enough, and so far it has worked out wonderfully.

you are going to be working until you're 85... or dead... and then your family will have to work to pay off your debts, selling your grandchildren into servitude (there was a global meltdown and we went back to some sort of feudal system). But don't worry, one of them will catch the eye of a wealthy land owner and be raped.

And son, if you do your homework, work hard, and eat all your vegetables, you could be that wealthy landowner.

And maybe some day someone will write a story about your love... and then someone else centuries later will poorly add ninjas into the plot

Who knows what future may cum

futility on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Enough to buy your mother ten times over.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    SniperLogicSniperLogic ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

I'm not sure why people are subtracting their mortgage debt from their net worth, because the house must be worth something right? Well, I guess you could be like me and owe more than the house is worth...

Difficult to tell how much equity you have right off the bat (hint: almost none). A lot of people are also either underwater or have basically zero equity due to diminished housing values.

I put a about 60k down on my house, which is probably taking a fucking beating right now but at least I am not in the shit.

I've barely dented my mortgage and know that even though the house has value beyond what I owe... that's like made up value in the current market. No way I'd be able to flip it for a profit seeing as I got it at a bargain because it was about to be delisted.

As long as you can keep up payments comfortably and don't need to move anytime soon you won't be under for too long. The market will bounce back, not quite as crazy high as it was but enough to make your investment worthwhile given that you bought low.

SniperLogic on
    Steam/PSN: StandrdDeviation
    BNet: StandrdError#1826
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If I liquidated everything, I'd be able to bathe in bathtubs of 50 and 100 dolla bills.

But the only number I'll give out is that my credit score is 814

What up ladies

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Who knows what future may cum

Cum futures? Sounds tempting...

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    270$

i might buy a new monitor sometime.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    About 372 bucks.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    if you have $270, you don't buy a new monitor when it is clear the one you have works. There are more important things to use that money on

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Does anyone know a good money launderer?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    mastman wrote: »
    if you have $270, you don't buy a new monitor when it is clear the one you have works. There are more important things to use that money on

w-whores?

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited May 2009

As long as you can keep up payments comfortably and don't need to move anytime soon you won't be under for too long. The market will bounce back, not quite as crazy high as it was but enough to make your investment worthwhile given that you bought low.

I need to get a fucking roommate. I make just enough to have like college kid level spending money, which sucks because the place needs work done.

But then again... I have the coolest stained glass windows!

futility on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »

I think I'll open up a coin operated car wash.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    the cheat wrote: »
    mastman wrote: »

w-whores?

whores, underwear, and salted peanuts

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I am doing ok thankyou.

I have just hit a good milestone in savings and I hope to get to double it by the end of the year!

Blake T on
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I guess a hundred something in my checking account

minus the fifteen bucks I just used to buy braid off steam (I heard it was good)

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I need to get a fucking roommate. I make just enough to have like college kid level spending money, which sucks because the place needs work done.

But then again... I have the coolest stained glass windows!

Right on. Just do your homework and get them to sign a lease prior. Even for your best friend.

Trust me.

SniperLogic on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »

Go to vegas and play paigow

futility on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Red Zone wrote: »
    That is the total amount of money in my bank account.

How much are you worth?

Please.
    neil_patrick_harris.jpg

NotASenator on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    370 million ISK.

Eve_WP27_1024.jpg

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    At any given moment, I'm at ~900 bucks USD.

But I found out last year that my boyfriend has a trust fund.

I sold out.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I feel uncomfortable telling my Financial Advisor how much I am worth.

I am not telling you punks.

Blake T on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The survey found that a fertile woman could sell 32 egg cells over eight years for $224,000; however, for a man to earn the same amount, he would have to make 12 sperm donations a month for 20 years.

Pfft, or 48 sperm donations a month for 5 years.

However, women have a finite number of eggs and the process of retrieving them is costly and invasive, whereas men produce billions of sperm in their lifetime and it's no hassle at all to donate

Janson on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    HEY EVERYONE, BLAKE IS LOADED!

Faricazy on
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Just over a year ago it would have been around or close to $0.

Now I'm sitting at over or around $10. I think I'm doing alright but it's hard to imagine saving for things like a HOUSE or a NEW CAR even at this rate.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I won't even tell my mother what I am worth.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    a lot bro... a lot

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    HEY EVERYONE, BLAKE IS LOADED!

Well yeah, he's a climber

It's a pretty expensive hobby
    he could easily be roughing it, but I doubt he would be living with Viv in that case

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Janson wrote: »
    The survey found that a fertile woman could sell 32 egg cells over eight years for $224,000; however, for a man to earn the same amount, he would have to make 12 sperm donations a month for 20 years.

However, women have a finite number of eggs and the process of retrieving them is costly and invasive, whereas men produce billions of sperm in their lifetime and it's no hassle at all to donate

SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION!

futility on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

sell

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Pretty much. Anyone who uses a financial advisor is either loaded or persnickety with their money to the point of obsessiveness.

Or tends to make poor decisions otherwise.

SniperLogic on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Pretty much. Anyone who uses a financial advisor is either loaded or persnickety with their money to the point of obsessiveness.

Or tends to make poor decisions otherwise.

or wants to not work at 85

nothing wrong with going to someone and asking them where you should put your money

futility on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

most people here are... well I was going to say college kids but I remember khoo's once-upon-a-time statistics put the avg forum age at like 25

Yeah, but even then most people are renting*, paying off school loans, and just starting out on a fairly basic salary at that age (hello, me)

Shit, this thread reminds me I have school loans back in the UK D:

*every parent I have known has charged their child rent once they turn 18, unless they're at school full-time in which case they're not saving any money anyway.

Janson on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

most people here are... well I was going to say college kids but I remember khoo's once-upon-a-time statistics put the avg forum age at like 25

*every parent I have known has charged their child rent once they turn 18, unless they're at school full-time in which case they're not saving any money anyway.

My parents do not 8-)

BUT, it's under the caveat that I am saving a lot of money so that when I do move out I can afford to buy something nice. Plus, I practically look after half of the house when it comes to cleaning anyway because my parents are always away on weekends and shit needs to be kept tidy.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Yeah, but even then most people are renting*, paying off school loans, and just starting out on a fairly basic salary at that age (hello, me)

Shit, this thread reminds me I have school loans back in the UK D:

I have only ever known one parent who charged their kid rent and that was after he fucked up really bad.

NotASenator on