As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DOOM] Blood in the Shadows

• Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Also I can use my aimed token on the Grenade and really make sure I kill all 4 zombies (maybe).

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If you can pick up the grenade and throw it, that'd be sweet. yellow blue blue = lots o damage. Heck, Doesn't OS have a grenade as well? (I thought I remembered him picking one up, but don't see it in the OP). If he does, we can get rid of all the critters around me too. :o

El Skid on
  • Options
    krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    max range on a grenade is 8 squares. you pick a square within range, then roll the dice (Y-B-B). if the attack misses or doesn't reach the target square, it scatters. in that case, i draw a card off the top of the deck and read the direction/range for the scatter (it can come back and kill you!). the grenade also is a blast weapon (single blast icon) so it can harm everything with full damage in every square adjacent to it. if it scatters into certain stuff, nothing happens. blasts can't go through obstacles etc.

edit: el skid, grenades are also rockets/explosive ammo

krylon666 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Awesome. I guess I'll grenade.

Also whats that red imp?

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    same as the rest, i just used the wrong color - normally there would be different colors of the same monster (matching the players). if we only had a red/blue player, i wouldn't spawn any of the green monsters. but i thought it would be easier for you guys if i just used the same color for each type of monster instead

krylon666 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Use last two movements to get to the grenades at the top of the map. Throw a grenade on to the space between the top two zombies. Discarding my aimed shot token to make it all aimed.
    If there is an invader card that messes this up, I will honestly go Ballistic Ecks Vs. Sever.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2155562/
    Y-1; 3+3 Range, 1 Damage
    B-2; 0 Range, 2 Damage
    B-5; 0 Range, 2 Damage
    5 Damage.

Assuming no terrible invader cards, that should kill all 4 Zombies.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    confirmed, they all blow up. :cry:

i'm doing something before your turn el skid. please await my update

krylon666 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I sense horrible pain incoming...

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    round7_2.jpg

!Jump the gun - Choose 3 invaders and move them squares up to their max speed

krylon666 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So Skid grab the stuff at the bottom? And then Meatshield by walking in front of the Hellknight (you got armor!)

OS can advance, throwing a grenade on that imp, hopefully killing two imps and two trites. Then I guess move to the next room leaving the door open? (Or Try to LOS that room). Then we get worked next round but hopefully survive.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Question- Can I grab stuff from OS on my turn using my action? If he shared a grenade with me, I could advance adjacent to him, grab a grenade with my 4th movement point and toss it with my aimed token at the big baddy, gaining a guard action while OS takes his turn and grenades the baddies below me.

Is that possible?

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    looks like during your turn you can only give items

krylon666 on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wow lots to catch up on :P

Nice job on the nading!

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Very well then. I'll Run
    Run over to the health and end turn back where the ammo was.

round7_3.jpg

End turn

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Okay now we need to discuss what I am going to do. We will need to go back that way as soon as we get the blue key. IF I close the door he can spawn right behind it with a big guy and use the trite's movement to open the door.

We may want to leave it open and deal with the fall out, rather than risk him getting a hellhound on our ass.

Whatcha guys think?

I think either way I want to pick up that machine gun, but tossing a grenade at that big pack of guys behind us may not be a terrible idea.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Tossing a grenade at the guys below you isn't a horrible idea, though you can't attack and also close the door (takes 3 move to get through the door and 2 to close)- advance is 4 move and 1 attack.

Krylon, how many cards do you have left to draw? We get 1 frag when he runs out of cards, meaning that with 3 frags to his credit we've almost lost, assuming he gets to frag one of us in the next turn or two.

Meh. It's your call, OS. If you want to frag those ones down below (maybe just the 3 of them so you can get the zombie) and head forward, that'd be fine.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I may be better off unloading, hoping for a 4 distance on my grenade and using my second attack to try to kill a trite for 4 kills. Then I stay in that corador and prevent spawns while you two clean up that room

Watch out for the charge card from the big guy. I suspect that will happen during the invaders turn. He needs to die ASAP next turn. He easily has the power to kill the one of you without 3 armor.

I think I would rather take card of these guys since we will have to clear them to get through the blue door anyway.

The question is whether or not i unload for a potential 4 kills or move and attack for a potentially safer grenade.

Let me run some numbers on the grenade percentages first, but i think i will opt for kill some of these dudes.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Grenade
    Y, B, B
    Seeking, Blast
    Max Range: 6
    Max Dmg: 9
    Avg Range: 2.83
    Avg Damage: 5.50
    Ammo: 0.33
    Miss: 0.167

So it seems like a distance of 4 throw for the grenade wouldn't be that bad since it is just over the average range value for grenade + my 1 range. Getting closer would def. be safer though.

Plus the other trite is around the corner anyway so i won't have much luck with that. I think my best bet is to opt for and advance and grenade. Basically move forward 2, throw it, move back 2.

Anyone know the imp movement offhand? They are ranged so it doesn't matter much. I know trite is 5.

The Imp's dmg and range is something like
    6 max range
    6 max dmg
    Avg range 3.50
    Avg dmg 3.33

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I really think this is the best move. Otherwise I do almost nothing on the turn just to close the door, which im not sure really helps us since we have to

A) come back this way and fight all these guys anyway
    B) trites make closed doors kinda silly since their movement is 5
    C) prevents a hellhound from fucking us. (he would have to spawn it behind those obstacles or up near the blue key)

Also I really need to remember:
    "When attacking, you may trace line of sight through other figures (both friendly and enemy) and blocking obstacles (but not closed doors). In addition, when you make an aimed attack, you may ignore any dice showing a miss result."

I can fire through obstacles. :P

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You can ignore miss results when you make aimed attacks too :o

I...guess I should have been giving you that aimed token!

If you were to unload, would you have LoS on the imp and trite (or if you aimed the grenade differently to the zombie)?

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I don't need LOS for a grenade.

Without moving i don't have LOS on anything that won't die to the grenade.

unless I don't kill the zombie which would be stupid IMO. Those guys hurt :P

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Right, so unloading you would only be able to fire off one grenade, and you wouldn't have LoS on anything else, unless you used your last grenade.

I think you should kill the zombie and his two friends and advance into theroom with us. Being 3 spaces from us is good

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    How about if I end my movement diagnal down from where I am 1 space. I will still be within 3 squares of both of you if you don't move (i.e. the beginning of your turn.)

If I move too far in the room we lose some LOS out here.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Sounds like a plan to me!

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Advance
    5esa5u.jpg
    Move Diagonal Down and to the right. Move down. Throw Grenade
    Grenade Range 2, centered on trite (1d6=3, 1d6=1, 1d6=3)
    Yellow: 2 dmg, 2 range
    Blue: 1 dmg, 1 range
    Blue: 2 dmg, 1 range

+1 dmg, +1 range

total: 6 dmg, 5 range
    3 wounds to zombie - > dead
    6 wounds to trite -> dead
    3 wounds to imp - > dead
    Move up 1 space.
    !Done

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Good show!

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh I also have LOS down to the end of the other room's corridor now, technically with you 2 hiding like that I'm not sure we did :P

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Okay hopefully the invader's turn isn't too punishing, but we need to focus on killing the big dude, grabbing the blue key ASAP, and checking out what that clue is. Hopefully we can get all that done next turn.

I think I will try to stay out here in the hallway and try to kill anything that spawns beyond the obstacle, while you guys take care of the other 3 things (big dude, key, clue.) We don't need to kill everything in that room, just the big guy IMO. He will fuck your shit up before you have a chance to run to the other objectives.

Hopefully we can come out of this without another frag. I wouldn't worry about him decking himself just yet. In my IRL game, I still had plenty of cards by the time they got to the boss room, even drawing 3 per turn.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    round8.jpg

Invader Turn

. Draw 2 cards (hand at 5) - and no, i'm nowhere near decking at the moment
    . Spawn Archvile

. Archvile attacks marine #1
    Y → [5] = 4 Range
    B → [4] = 3 Damage
    G → [4] = 3 Range
    G → [4] = 3 Range
    marine #1 loses a wound

. Imp attacks marine #1
    Y → [2] = 3 Range, 1 Damage
    B → [1] = 1 Range, 1 Damage
    marine #1 loses a wound

. Imp attacks marine #1
    Y → [5] = (5)
    B → [1] = (1)
    no damage

. Trite attacks marine #1
    R → [5] = 4 damage
    G → [6] =
    marine #1 loses 2 wounds

. Hellknight attacks marine #1
    miss (lucky bastard)

!End Turn

krylon666 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Whee!

I'm the best!

Edit: Also Krylon with all the misses I've been getting its so what you deserve. So this turn I'm thinking of Advancing, killing the trite in front me walking to get a health and then shooting at the Archville or an Imp.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Everything attacked marine 1? Or was some of that supposed to attack me... marine 3?

I mean I know they have a ton of range... but DAMN you were really trying to kill him.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Okay we got an open space now we need to discuss our options.

The archville needs to die for sure... those things don't miss....ever

We need to get that key card, check out that clue (maybe it will help take some of these guys down) and get the fuck out of here.

All while dodging that giant guy. Is it wise to try to kill him or just try to run from him?

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    shit, i forgot that the archvile's attacks are aimed.. i didn't reroll anything

krylon666 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    <.<

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I'm pretty sure my best bet is to unload regardless of what you guys do. I think the closest person to the key and clue should head for those.

Myself and whoever is left over here may want to focus fire. If you can make it close to the imps you can lock down that corodore for no LOS there. I will stay near where I am to lock down this area. Then azn can rock some socks off with unloading and killer instincting....

So focus fire on the big guy? or take out all these smaller guys.

I think El Skid may need to run unless you have a better way to get within LOS of that last area.

Whatcha think?

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    If you run you can land on the clue this turn.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Landing on the clue will necessitate my taking 2 damage (one in one out), meaning I'll only have 2 health left. Think it's worth it?

Regardless, I probably should run though.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What kinda stuff can clues be? Is it likely to be a kill all the monsters in the room kinda thing?

Putting you to 2 health doesn't sound like a good idea with those two imps chilling there.

Skip the clue, but i still think you should catch that LOS near the key.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Okay then,sounds like a plan. Aznman and OS can either unload or advance, and try and kill some big stuff with OS nearby providing leadership. I'll hustle over to the key and grab it- I SHOULD be okay with the imps given I have armour. Probably. Maybe.

edit- Azn gets to use his machinegun this round! Woo!

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I'll advance, punching the Trite.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2161425/
    R - 6; Miss

God I hate my life. Okay so I have 4 movement and I need to move somewhere safe.

iamtheaznman on