As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Japanimation] Mahjong: Putin, Papa Bush & Pope vs Hitler for fate of the world.

• Options
    Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This is me being bitchy.
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    bitching about aoi no hana spoilers
    so people are talking about how it's obviously lesbians and look at the OP! duh pika! but no, they're showing the achan as someone interested at boys but hey I already know what's going to happen since everyone said duh of course they're lesbians because we read the manga and duh look at the OP

What are you talking about? I recall that the spoiler you objected to had to do with Fumi and didn't concern A-chan at all. Your point about A-chan still doesn't affect that since from the very first episode
    we learn that Fumi may harbor feelings toward A-chan. The attraction is there and is part of the premise of the show. Whether that is enough to overcome A-chan's default heterosexuality is up to the author to develop.
    Are you really complaining that the Aoi Hana OP, the being clearly in the yuri genre, and the show's premise of slice-of-life lesbianism is misleading because not all the characters are lesbians and therefore the sexuality of one character affects what I said about the sexuality or behavior of the main character?

I really don't understand why you took so much pride in being completely ignorant about the basic premise of a show. I certainly like to avoid shows that involve: mecha, harem, shounen, fanservice, and all sorts of things I don't like watching. Additionally there are certain genres and plots that I gravitate towards and I certainly would like to find out what those shows are. You can't be so indiscriminate in your viewing habits that you'll swallow down anything recommended for you.

Moreover my alleged spoiler is really only a spoiler if you had knowledge of the basic premise of the show. On it's own the phrase "Fumi is very very gay" can either be a comment on her sexuality or simply a description of her behaviour (it was both). Using Strike-Witches as an example, "Miyafuji is very very gay," of course refers to
    her penchant for fondling breasts
    rather than a comment on her sexuality.

Bad Kitty on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was showing a friend a random clip of Code Geass R2 for no particular reason, her response:
    Why does his brother look like he wants to make out with him?

I said, well, Rolo is special

Greeper on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Lenore03 wrote: »
    No damnit. She just likes mexican food!
    "So the cursed blood of the taco-lover runs through your veins as well?"
    "I'm not cursed. And apologize to the Mexican people."

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

My inner judgement is telling me that this isn't a real quote from the manga...but my curiosity is begging me to read it anyway.

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I did point out that she's the only character who isn't a lesbian. :P

Edit: Taco, not whoever you guys are talking about
    And I was being ironical, I mean she literally loves tacos. She's also the most hetero female.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Toefoo wrote: »

My inner judgement is telling me that this isn't a real quote from the manga...but my curiosity is begging me to read it anyway.
    People just don't understand how crazy awesome Saki is.
    taco.gif
    I dunno if it's in the manga though.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

snip

Hahahaha...shit. This is making me want to finally continue watching Saki instead of stupid extra credit papers :x

Toefoo on
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    Christ, Dorohedoro has some of the best manga art i've ever seen.
    06.jpg

05.jpg

So cool...

Yeah, kinda sucks that they only have up to chapter 21, there are around 80 chapters released.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The partnership between Kaiman and Nikaido (the chick) is great.

Ain't no romance or nothin', just a good 'ol tag team of buddies.

That, you know, kill people.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Considering she eats all that mexican food, it's a wonder she doesn't have...

uh....

Nope, I can't do it. It would just make her character even more awkward.

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Haruhi Spoilers
    ENDLESS ATE
    haruhiendlessate.jpg

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I really have to wonder why I haven't started watching Saki.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Valkyria Anime ep 17 major spoilers
    DAMN IT DAMN IT GODDAMNIT. That kid was supposed to take the bullet for Isara! NOOO! NOT AGAIN!

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    and now bad kitty's telling me "those spoilers are wrong, here's the real spoilers out of tags I wanted to ruin for you but hey I'll use tags somewhere in the middle just to show i know spoiler tags exist and are easily available" yaaaaaaaaaay

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Pata wrote: »

I think a lot of people can't get past the rampant fan service of the first episode (and the fact that it has a cliche "club doesn't have enough members" plot). It just gets crazier and funnier as it goes along.

I'm not sure how the main character can hang any more after some of this stuff they've come up with. Her "special ability" was pretty interesting in the first few episodes, but now it seems positively mundane.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    and now bad kitty's telling me "those spoilers are wrong, here's the real spoilers out of tags I wanted to ruin for you but hey I'll use tags somewhere in the middle just to show i know spoiler tags exist and are easily available" yaaaaaaaaaay

Mention spoilers again and I will kill every girl under 14 years old.

And burn their bodies.

Greeper on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Bad Kitty wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    Bad Kitty wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    Is Red Garden any good? It's on sale at Best Buy, but I hated Gantz.

Mediocre with some strange choices in execution but in my opinion better than Gantz. It goes more for psychological horror than gratuitous gore. A few scenes featuring the girls' desperation and fear are very well done and are quite intense. Then it all falls to shit when they introduce the big bad corporate cult conspiracy like anime often does and fails miserably at doing. It's quirky, which I liked, but not enough to save the show from mediocrity. Features: an amusing approximation of "America"; fashionable clothing; skinny anorexics; interesting noses; and a tendency for the characters to burst into song.

Song?

IS IT A MUSICAL?

No, they just like sing this song randomly. Note that the voice actresses aren't the best singers and the song is actually quite bad. It works kind of like "All along the Watchtowers" does in Battlestar Galactica, except it's not used in Red Garden to very great effect at all.

Didn't something like that happen in one episode of a show about a guy with an evil arm taking care of a little girl?

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Just don't click the spoiler buttons! For anything! Voila!
    You click it!!!!!

Toefoo on
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    But the information I complain about are always outside of the button.

also this
    Bad:
    Kate was totally hot in Lost last week.
    My friend is a writer for the show and he told me that they're definitely in Purgatory.

Good:

Warning, major future plot point spoiler:
    Locke is Ben's father

About last night's episode:
    Kate is a dumb bitch for doing that thing she did.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You mean...lesbians?

Toefoo on
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    PikaPuff when are you going to learn that people only barely tolerate your retarded little neurosis as-is and you should really stop pushing your luck

Rust on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Your previous post is like the "Bad" category, saying "poor [name]" right next to the tag is contradicting the fourth example, and saying who is what sexual orientation is a contradiction of the third example.

I'm pushing my luck for wanting to talk about shows I like after actually watching them, and not a day, week, or months before they're available to me?

day= haruhi, week= aoi no hana/saki, months= negima manga

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    PikaPuff when are you going to learn that people only barely tolerate your retarded little neurosis as-is and you should really stop pushing your luck

People joining a retard rodeo because of an annoying poster is what got this thread closed last time. As a reminder:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Hi, I'm ElJeffe! You might know me from such mod actions as cleaning up gold-farming spam and jailing the fuck out of people. Today I'm here to talk to you about your new anime thread.

This is to be your new home for the next 100 or so pages. Here, you may discuss anime and things related to anime and whatever the fuck else people who are into anime do. Of course, hentai is beyond the scope of this thread, and anyway, what the fuck is wrong with the people who dig that shit, I mean seriously?

What you will not engage in here is retarded drama and bitching and whining. If you want retarded drama, go watch Desperate Housewives or Wife-Swap or something. This is to be a happy thread full of happy commentary. If I have to lock it for the same stupidity that raped the last incarnation, the anime thread will not be coming back.

If PikaPuff is really that annoying, you can always use the script I wrote to purge him from this thread while those with more patience can deal with it or ignore it. I even added PikaPuff to a commented out entry right above the default Clawshrimpy one, so you could just delete the line with just Clawshrimpy and remove the two "//" in front of the other.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I can vouch for the script's effectiveness. Pika has not made the list, though, he is awesome.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yea, Pika doesn't annoy me either. I just like havin' fun with him :winky:

To get back on topic, it seems that the group I chose for Princess Lover! has been starting to bite the dust...is there a group someone else suggests? Episode 4 has been out a couple days and I'm itching to watch it.

Toefoo on
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I really don't find Pikapuff all that annoying really. Some people are just really particular about their spoilers.

Speaking of which...

Saki ep. 9
    Looks like Koromo just woke up. Shit is about to get real

I feel really bad for Kyoutaro, he really is the bitch of the group. :P I hope we get to see him play and kick ass later in the series or something.

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    saki 9
    How do you people remember names so well gahhh

koromo = big boobies nodoka? edit- oh wait i remember. it's the kid.
    kyoutaro... oh.. HE... ok I know that guy.... yeah I don't know why he's there.... he's like only there for equal opportunity rights or something.

i'm liking this whole "about to get real" thing. I missed out when it was popular so now yar fun times indeed. time to pose

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    saki 9

koromo = big boobies nodoka?
    kyoutaro... oh.. HE... ok I know that guy.... yeah I don't know why he's there.... he's like only there for equal opportunity rights or something.

No man, Koromo is
    DFC
    I'm with you on the names though. I can't remember half of them, not even counting the generic no names.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Haha, I had to playback the ending again just to get Koromo's name. If you ask me off the top of my head I have no idea who these people are.

Let's see...That one's Saki, and that one's giant pink-haired boobie girl? and next to her is taco girl?

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Shows how superficial my love of the show is.

I remember who Hisa is and thats all. No regrets.

Lenore03 on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I jumped from episode 4 of Saki to ep11. Cause I'm only in it for Hisa.

Saki ep.11 spoilerised.
    Damn fine hair do she's sporting.

So guys, anymore good eps with Hisa?
    what

you what

That is not acceptable. =X
    I'm up to about ep. 7 of Saki
    Looks like this tournament is gonna be intense Also, someone said taco is out of the picture later? Is there anyone else who feels incredibly awkward when shes on screen? I mean, I have to make sure Chris Hansen isn't behind me, with her showing her panties to random guys and yelling about how she loves to "munch tacos!" D:

She also seems to be the only character i've seen so far who isn't a lesbian
    You are not the only one.

Unfortunately, she's one half of the main exposition characters, so...
    DHS wrote: »
    Caught up with Saki, one thing:
    Man it sucks to be Kyoutaro, the token dude. They tell him straight up he's completely untalented and of no use, the team is entered in an all female tournament, all he does is fetch stuff and ask dumb questions for exposition, and he's hot for someone who he has NO shot with, on top of being stranded in the estrogen ocean of heavily implied lesbians, and the only play he could possibly get is from the literal taco muncher, in an ironic twist.

I hope he gets more to do besides carry heavy things. God, it sucks to be him.
    Well, he is quite shit. I mean, it's true. Even Tacos can kick his ass. Tacos.

At least he gets lots of eye-candy, even if none of it is interested in him except for, once again, Tacos.

snip

Hahahaha...shit. This is making me want to finally continue watching Saki instead of stupid extra credit papers :x
    Do both at the same time. Start writing your paper on Mahjong.
    Considering she eats all that mexican food, it's a wonder she doesn't have...

uh....

Nope, I can't do it. It would just make her character even more awkward.
    What do you think is the real reason she constantly flashes Kyou-chan?

It's a cursed blood mating ritual.
    saki 9
    We focus on paying attention to what we're watching instead of obsessing over spoilers.
    Haha, I had to playback the ending again just to get Koromo's name. If you ask me off the top of my head I have no idea who these people are.

Let's see...That one's Saki, and that one's giant pink-haired boobie girl? and next to her is taco girl?
    Off the top of my head, the player order is (trying to describe them without spoilers for those who don't remember names)...

Spoiler for those who care about play order (nothing about ability is spoiled, this list is straight from memory so a few names are missing for characters from older episodes)
    Kiyosumi:
    1) Yuuki (Tacos)
    2) Mako (Green hair, glasses)
    3) Takei Hisa (President. Awesome.)
    4) Haramura Nodoka (pink hair, unreal oppai)
    5) Miyanaga Saki (main character, unreal luck)

Ryuumonbuchi:
    1) Inoue Jun (the bifauxnen)
    2) ? (glasses, minicom)
    3) Kunihiro Hajime (Pikapuff's favorite)
    4) Ryuumonbuchi Touka (the blond Ojou)
    5) Amae Koromo (Bunny-themed blond loli)

Tsuruga:
    1) ? (long black hair on ponytail)
    2) ? (blond-haired glasses newbie)
    3) Kanbara (spiky red hair)
    4) Touyoko Momoko (spoilersspoilersspoilers)
    5) Kajiki Yumi (cool purple-haired beauty)

Kazekoshi:
    1) Mihoko (Captain!)
    2) ?
    3) Bundou (fought her way on)
    4) ?
    5) Ikeda Kana (catgirl)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I would love this show so much more if it was about lesbians playing Texas Hold 'Em. I mean, I already like this show, but since me and my friends are poker players it would make this show more awesome to be able to actually follow the game

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I would love this show so much more if it was about lesbians playing Texas Hold 'Em. I mean, I already like this show, but since me and my friends are poker players it would make this show more awesome to be able to actually follow the game
    questions

if you have them

we can answer them

If you're on MAL, I collected a few posts already into a topic in the club.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I think you're on to something. I shall segway my paper on American politics into a metaphor using mahjong. Each branch and committee will represent a piece...yes, yes, excellent...

:lol:

Toefoo on
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I think you're on to something. I shall segway my paper on American politics into a metaphor using mahjong. Each branch and committee will represent a piece...yes, yes, excellent...

:lol:

When the Republicans are dealer in the East Wind round...

I don't actually know anything about Mahjong, and I like it that way.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Scalfin wrote: »

Huh.

I...like this.

Wait...I like this? D:

I even own Shoko Nakagawa's cd with the original song. Although I probably shouldn't broadcast that.

Toefoo on
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pata wrote: »

I think a lot of people can't get past the rampant fan service of the first episode (and the fact that it has a cliche "club doesn't have enough members" plot). It just gets crazier and funnier as it goes along.

I read Negima

It's mainly laziness that's kept me from insane boardgame lesbians.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Scalfin wrote: »
    Okay, how the fuck did they do this?

Huh.

I...like this.

Wait...I like this? D:

I even own Shoko Nakagawa's cd with the original song. Although I probably shouldn't broadcast that.

Bah, they just messed with the pitch, this on the other hand...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3UOVXGSqAo

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »
    snip

The instrumentation is way better on this one, but I liked the vocals better on the other one.

Edit: Yes I know the first is Shoko's voice just made "manly", hahaha

Toefoo on
    Weaboo List
This discussion has been closed.