Options

s1ckh4ndsb4ss & cloudeagle appreciation thread

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    kaleedity wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »
    It is out - I just purchased it!

I love the XBox Live Marketplace being accesable through a web browser.

Once my shift is over: Gamestop to pick up B:RB, knowing All You Need Is Love is queued up to DL the second I turn on the XBox (it's only a 20MB download).

Anyone know how DLC shows up in Beatles?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_The_Beatles:_Rock_Band

at least, that's as far as the dates go.

not sure if that answers your question but it's helpful nevertheless.

Its very helpful! But I meant where it shows up in game. RB2 just throws it in - but I was wondering if DLC is kept completely out of the story and simply added into the quickplay menu under the right album, or if it shows up places in the story.

Also - will "All You Need is Love" have its own dreamscape?

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    according to the wiki page every dlc song will have its own dreamscape.

I'd imagine that dlc songs wouldn't work any differently than they do in rb2, but I don't have the beatles game yet so it's hard to tell

kaleedity on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fuuuuuuck I'm leaving in ten minutes to pick this up.

I'm so scared

What do I do

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I'm so scared

What do I do

You go out there

Get that game

And don't stop playing it don't stop
    I won't have a chance to play this until late tonight :(

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    And in that ten minutes, holy shit I just FC'd "Mud on the Tires".

This is my crowning achievement so far in RB/GH.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't know when I will have money to pick up B:RB (I want it now!), but I know I have the funbux for "All You Need is Love" and I like that some of my money will go to Doctors Without Borders.

EDIT: Also picking up ABC because clearly I do not have enough DLC songs.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So apparently Beatles guitars are in VERY short supply. After trying to reserve one at Gamestop and being told I couldn't (they apparently only took reserves for a few days before running out), I set out today to try my luck. Both Walmart Supercenters I went to didn't get any. I went to a Super Target, and after asking the counter person I discovered that the store, like all the other stores in the state, only got ONE Rickenbaker. I snapped that sucker up.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ROCK BAND BEATLES GET

There were about ten people there waiting, pretty good for a band-specific music game.

The three dudes in front of me I guess were pooling their cash and got a PS3 slim and the giant Beatles box set and...Jesus Christ, that thing is huge.

And they also apparently have to drive over to the GameStop in the next town to get the guitar they wanted.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Lunker, I know you're going to love this in particular:

The game has Achievement/Trophy tracking, like The Orange Box, GoW2 and Shadow Complex before it.

:D:D:D:D

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Got mine too! Woke up at 9, called Target... They had one left. They had sold out in an hour. Called GameStop... They had only one Wii copy left. Rushed over there, saw that there was already a lady in line, and promptly asked her if she was picking it up for the 360 or the PS3, hoping that she wouldn't say, "Oh, actually, the Wii." There is a God. She was getting it on 360, so I lugged the enormous Wii box (after hearing the obligatory, "Oh, you didn't preorder? Maybe we DON'T have that extra one left! Maybe we'll take a preorder from the guy BEHIND you in line!" out of the cashier) back to my car, and now it's sitting next to me. Glowing.

Lunker, your fear of getting distracted during GRE crunchtime is a valid one. I am screwed.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    edited September 2009

The game has Achievement/Trophy tracking, like The Orange Box, GoW2 and Shadow Complex before it.

That is the best thing. Every game needs that.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    jclast wrote: »

That is the best thing. Every game needs that.

I also saw that it has a Geometry Wars 2-ish leaderboard setup, where at the end of each song (and on the song selection screen, IIRC) it shows you how you did in comparison to your friends' top scores. I love shit like this so much. <3<3

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Best Buy has my copy. They open in two hours. :(

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm compulsively checking the status of my Amazon package.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What's silly is that I own the guitar already, but I can't pick up my reserved copy at Gamestop till after work.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hahahaha

My dad just got back from Best Buy and said there was a line of like 30 guys outside "mostly around his age" (he's 61) waiting for The Beatles: Rock Band.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I peeked at the dreamscape and chart for All You Need is Love, and holy awesome. Game is totally made for four people to play and, like, 20 other people to sit around and watch.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    god, I hope I'm not underestimating the local demand for this in my area. I can't check what's available until after 3pm today D:

kaleedity on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Goddammit I don't get paid till tomorrow D:

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    haha, the guitar part is so dumb on All You Need is Love.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just got Rock Band Beatles! And uh Rock Band 2 and all the instruments, because we didn't have it yet. Which is good... making a RB2 band will occupy me until my husband comes home and I can actually start playing RBB. Ringo can't start the Beatles Career Mode without Paul, don'tchaknow.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is it true there's like three vocal parts or some crazy shit like that? Like can you have seven ppl playing or what?

EDIT: Nevermind, read the op. THis sounds awesome.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Is it true there's like three vocal parts or some crazy shit like that? Like can you have seven ppl playing or what?

Six.

Three vocalists + guitarist + bass + drums.

Or three awesome people.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Six.

Or three awesome people.

The proper way to do it.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I've been singing harmonies while drumming on RB2 for ages, so it'll be awesome to have a game that can recognize it.

Lunker on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Getting RB Beatles today, does anyone know if regular Xbox 360 headphones will work for vocals?

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If you hear anyone say this game is "too easy", it's a good indicator that this person is full of shit and should not be trusted.

This game, in the first eight songs anyways (from which I can assume it will get slightly harder, but not overly so), hits the exact sweet spot of difficulty that I really love. Fun to play while not absolutely killing you.

Here's a good test: Download the Jimmy Buffet pack. Are you okay with the difficulty of those songs? Are they fun to play? That's what the Beatles songs are like (at the beginning of the game).

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    PantsB wrote: »
    Getting RB Beatles today, does anyone know if regular Xbox 360 headphones will work for vocals?

You mean the headset? It'll be pretty janky, honestly; I wouldn't try anything over Medium on it. At least, going by when I tried it with RB1 back in the day.

Lunker on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Screw it, I only wanted the game but I've grown tired of my old RB1 Fender. It's getting replaced today!

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My 57 year old mother wants to buy this game and play it at family functions. Talk about reaching a new demographic.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DeathPrawn wrote: »

Six.

Or three awesome people.

The proper way to do it.

Agreed. Picking up two extra mics when I get a chance.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, I feel bad about GH5. At least WT mildly interested me (we need you Crazy Train) but geez I'm not even slightly interested in GH5 at this point.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hahaha, I just finished the 12th song and already got the Trophy for over 1,000,000 points on Guitar. Nice.

Also, I just played "If I Needed Someone" and it convinced me; I need to buy a mic stand this weekend and do guitar/vocals. It makes sense too, as it'd be the first music game I already know 100% of the lyrics to.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lunker wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »

You mean the headset? It'll be pretty janky, honestly; I wouldn't try anything over Medium on it. At least, going by when I tried it with RB1 back in the day.

I use it when doing Voxtar on RB2; it seems to work fine, though I'm not doing anything that's particularly difficult vocally. I've cleared a bunch of Expert vocals using it though, so it can't be terrible, surely?

I do imagine a proper mike would be superior though.

area on
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I'm so scared

What do I do

You go out there

Get that game

I'm with you there man. darn things like a job getting in a way for gaming

Also anyone pick up their copy from Gamestop? what were the "3 free songs" ?

Artoria on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I hate the RB strat guitar, and I need a new one. Loved the Les Paul, but the wireless and bad connection didn't work too well. How's the beatles rock band guitars?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If you hear anyone say this game is "too easy", it's a good indicator that this person is full of shit and should not be trusted.

This game, in the first eight songs anyways (from which I can assume it will get slightly harder, but not overly so), hits the exact sweet spot of difficulty that I really love. Fun to play while not absolutely killing you.

Here's a good test: Download the Jimmy Buffet pack. Are you okay with the difficulty of those songs? Are they fun to play? That's what the Beatles songs are like (at the beginning of the game).

That sounds awesome. I love the Jimmy Buffett pack.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    dragonsama wrote: »

I'm so scared

What do I do

You go out there

Get that game

I'm with you there man. darn things like a job getting in a way for gaming

Also anyone pick up their copy from Gamestop? what were the "3 free songs" ?

Apparently they let you choose 3 songs from the upcoming Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road albums. You get emailed the codes when they are released.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So I hate the RB strat guitar, and I need a new one. Loved the Les Paul, but the wireless and bad connection didn't work too well. How's the beatles rock band guitars?

Pricey ($100 bucks apiece) but every bit as functional as the RB2 axes and damn stylish to boot.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Depends on what you hated about the Strat. The strum bar is a little firmer but still not clicky like the GH guitars, and the overall feel of the frets is the same. You might want to try one or two out in a store or at a friend's before biting on one.

Lunker on