As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    From the mind that brought you Marvel Universe Phalla, and MECHA Phalla.
    A man who has been called the John Waters of the Phalla Hosting World, Samurai6966 has teamed up with Vagrant_Winds to bring you the Phalla of Phalla:

Afro Samurai
    Afro%20Samurai.jpg
    One Brother, One Path, A Thousand Deaths.
    There will be no mercy as phalla players will walk the path for glory and revenge in search of the Number 2 headband.
    All your favorite killers will be here like Afro, Ninja Ninja, Otsuru, The Empty Seven, Dharman, Jinnosuke (A.K.A Kuma), Sio, and of course, Justice.
    Coming Soon to a forum near you!

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    !Sign Up

I intend to run:

Phallnica: City of Guilds
    ravnica_island_9944242.jpg

Winky on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I have a Left4Dead mini ready to run. No idea if Rend has anybody scheduled to host another mini this week, and his PM box is full, so I'll just leave this here for the time being. :P

Burnage on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Even the Seth, King of Hell account?

Alegis on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    looks awesome , Winky.

I have to postpone mine due to personal issues. Could be done soon. Could not be. Not sure. Sorry.

But in case others want to prep

Egos on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Left4Dead mini is go!

Burnage on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Alright.

In about a week or two, once I have the PMs all typed up and the final testing things done.

I should be able to run my main.

Although, if other are ready before me, they are more than welcome to the spot.

Give me more time for fine tuning.

It will be a game for 50-60 players.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Currently working on a mini, which probably could be converted up to a main, if needed - but still some time left on this. If converted, would be a game for 60 players.

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Question about possible secondary rules for a mini. I was thinking of one based on the old nickelodeon game show guts. Would it be too far outside of a normal phalla if, while there would still be voting and a mafia, to have the players have to compete in guts style games with their posts for points for their "faction"? I.E. all posts on a specific day with a seconds ending in 2 4 or 6 scores a basket for their team, while all posts ending in 3 5 or 7 loses a basket, and the team with the most baskets gets some victory points. Is that too far outside the normal realm of phalla?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    As of right now, I don't have anyone who has contacted me saying that they are ready to run the next main game. So I need someone to run the next game. If you are ready, let me know and I will confirm if you will be next to run.

(Starting to sound like a bit of a broken record here...)

Bandwagon on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Question about possible secondary rules for a mini. I was thinking of one based on the old nickelodeon game show guts. Would it be too far outside of a normal phalla if, while there would still be voting and a mafia, to have the players have to compete in guts style games with their posts for points for their "faction"? I.E. all posts on a specific day with a seconds ending in 2 4 or 6 scores a basket for their team, while all posts ending in 3 5 or 7 loses a basket, and the team with the most baskets gets some victory points. Is that too far outside the normal realm of phalla?
    We're really not going to allow a game which encourages postwhoring.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What if it wasn't all posts then, just each person's first post or two?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mechanics question: has there ever been a phalla with a 'council' of sorts that decides on matters secondary to the vote? Namely, things that would benefit/spice up/whatever the whole Phalla population, elected by those in the Phalla. The Vote would still exist, so this council wouldn't be deciding on directly killing people.

I know there's been a number of instances (cj phallas) where there's a Green Vote rumor that puts one player in a special position, but I was looking at the idea of a group that's part of the game itself and how that might work/might be balanced, for examples.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Soviet Phalla (way back now) had the Politburo which was an elected council with it's very own thread. There have been other similar mechanics.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Mechanics question: has there ever been a phalla with a 'council' of sorts that decides on matters secondary to the vote? Namely, things that would benefit/spice up/whatever the whole Phalla population, elected by those in the Phalla. The Vote would still exist, so this council wouldn't be deciding on directly killing people.

I know there's been a number of instances (cj phallas) where there's a Green Vote rumor that puts one player in a special position, but I was looking at the idea of a group that's part of the game itself and how that might work/might be balanced, for examples.

There was also the council in Babylon 5, I don't believe they were elected, and they all worked anonymously on a secret pro-board, but its one way of doing it.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sweet, thanks, I'll have to check those out for comparisons.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i lost a little interest in phalla for a while, but then the idea of actually running them jumped at me and now...

I keep thinking up cool ideas for minis and they keep evolving and changing into games that don't really resemble a phalla

so far I have one that is basically raneados creating his own D&D system and universe and mechanics at this point. The Basic Gameplay has risen to over 6 pages

and one that is based on starship troopers (the movie) and has come away from being a phalla pretty much at this point, but might still be salvageable

i have another that i might be making needlessly complicated, like i tend to do

another that really isn't complicated but flew right the hell away from phalla

and a half dozen more ideas kicking around in a folder

I just don't want to run a vanilla or similar game, i like the interesting twists and gimmicks

:/

edit: i think what it boils down to is that i don't want the villagers to just be doing nothing except talking about the vote, i want to give everyone something to do

Raneados on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well we've had quite a few phallas which were basically wargames with a vote of some sort thrown in, and they have all been super fun.

So run one of your games Rane, take us somewhere special.

Gumpy on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Look at the l4d mini that Burnage just finished. The vote still killed someone, but other than that the vast majority of what happened in the game came from people doing their own thing. And honestly, it was the best phalla I've played in a while, so yes, I agree with Gumpy. Do it.

Delmain on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I think Neville's "Strangers With Candy" (in SE++) had an elected student council as well.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm still writing Role PMs and OP and things.

But, if there is still nobody ready to go by the weekend, I might (MIGHT!!!!!) be able to put a game up then.

But that is a BIG MIGHT.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    okay yey my fears have been assuaged

edit: the first option actually turned into a whole thing, and it still needs a lot of gameplay tweaks, simplification, weapons added, monsters added and balanced, the terrain and loot tables figured out, etc etc etc

basically it's getting there

but hmm, i'll think about running a mini soon, I suppose i have some i could bash into some sort of working order

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hell, I'll play (or run) an old fashion phalla. No crazy "You got a shotgun, shot the robotninjapiratejesusalians who happen to be zombies", no "yellow vote makes kime king of Phalla Land, Blue vote gives the winner candy, Orange vote makes the winner become a robotninjapiratejesusalian who happen to be vampire."

Anyone up for that?

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I think Neville's "Strangers With Candy" (in SE++) had an elected student council as well.

Correct.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Alright, so MrB and I have three games we're working on together but they're heavy prep games.

So we decided to fill the gap with a Blarnfidel quicky!

Game on!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Infidel wrote: »

So we decided to fill the gap with a Blarnfidel quicky!

That's what she said??

In on-topic news, I'm slowly narrowing down what my next phalla will be, as I've decided that Dr. Strangephalla would necessitate a main game which I doubt I'd have time to run consistently until like, spring break or something.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i might have a Mini to go soon maybe perhaps

see if i can sort out the details today to maybe have signups on friday night

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Odd. Did you PM the host of the main? They said I could host a old-fashion mini phalla (I'm thinking wild wild west style) on Saturday night/Sunday morning after votes close.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Odd. Did you PM the host of the main? They said I could host a old-fashion mini phalla (I'm thinking wild wild west style) on Saturday night/Sunday morning after votes close.

2 minis are allowed.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i haven't PMed anyone yet

but i am doing so in a few

also yeah you can have 2 minis at once

mine's a 20 man so it's not going to take up anyone's whole day
    probably

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

2 minis are allowed.

I was more about the time of the starts. Not the amount of minis.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So, uh, I'm still checking on a few things and it hasn't been long since I ran a main, but my latest one should be ready in a little over a week if there's a space going...
    pk30.pngarmab.png

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you're on the list ahead of me, then you can go ahead, Ed.

I'm getting ready to run one, but if you are on the list, you get first preference.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ahead of you? Nah, I'm at 46, you're 23- so I'd say that means you've got dibs :P

As far as I'm concerned, everyone that goes before me just gives me more time to develop mechanics that'll get me lynched.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Ahead of you? Nah, I'm at 46, you're 23- so I'd say that means you've got dibs :P

As far as I'm concerned, everyone that goes before me just gives me more time to develop mechanics that'll get me lynched.

I am so freaking excited.

As an aside, my phalla is totally inspired by phallakinetic. I stole a bunch of the mechanics :P.

Winky on
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

well, that and your tradtional love affair with .png transparency features!

Also please let people reserve this time. Sick of losing out

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm... pretty sure you weren't around when I first hosted in CF, but duly noted, I've had a few reminders.

And AJ/Winky: I'm flattered! Really!

Note to self: AJ to be a vanillager. Who everyone has to kill.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm... pretty sure you weren't around when I first hosted in CF, but duly noted, I've had a few reminders.

And AJ/Winky: I'm flattered! Really!

Note to self: AJ to be a vanillager. Who everyone has to kill.

Right, but how badass would I be if I still won?

And anyway, I didn't just steal your mechanics, I made them better:twisted:.
    This game is going to blow up in my face :P.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it. I would love if you would look at my ideas and give me some advice.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Alright, getting ready to polish off the OP for Scriptures, then 'll send a PM to Bandwagon

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
This discussion has been closed.