Options

itt we CHAT about the wii

1565758596062»

Posts

  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Menace wrote:
    madden wii is the first football game where i always switch to the defender when the pass is in the air

    on the ps2 and stuff it was way easier to just count on the cpu teammate to knock down a pass or whatever

    but on this version, i usually can get a manual pick or two in a game

    also, i always play as a yellow-area-symbol guy on zone D play. you can play the receivers or follow the HB on a running play very easily

    i still get fooled by play action fakes all the time though

    You obviosly never played the last two NCAA Football games. Picks are so freaking easy in those games it's sick.

    Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Javen wrote:
    Dammit, I thought we were past this.

    Do you guys really care that Defender doesn't like the Wii? Because I don't. When I'm playing Wii golf I don't feel stupid because Defender doesn't like how the club swings.

    I honestly don't feel like I'm getting the same "OMG U H8 FUN DEFNDURRR" crap from people that I was getting in the first Wii thread. Most people seem like they're actually talking about the input device as an input device that I am evaluating instead of like it's their son and I just called him stupid.

    Defender on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    Sorry, I should of said I had forgotten how much you had played the last time I asked.

    That was like a month ago Defender, that is a long time to remember something.

    But thanks for not answering the question either way. I just wanted to know if you had but more time into the Wii, because all I recall is that your time and experience with the Wii I asked last time wasn't very much.

    See I'm trying to decide if I want to read your posts or not. But if it's all just theory like you state, then play time is beside the fact, and I think I'll pass.

    That's not my bag.

    That's fine. Yeah, it's all theory. It's about what could possibly be explored with the new space opened up by the 1:1 input scheme of the Wii. I'm not really here to argue that the new Mario game is fun or not fun.

    To answer your question, no I have not put more time into the Wii; I currently do not have a lot of cash lying around, so I don't have any of the new consoles. I also don't have a ton of time to play games, I play like maybe an hour of Warcraft on weeknights and that's it.

    dang you're still playing warcraft

    that's harsh man

    i got some duplo blocks and a hobby horse i can send you if you need more stuff to do man

    Knob on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thanks to the Wii I was able to experience the magic of Link to the Past for the first time

    I had never played it until it went up on VC, if you can believe that

    And now also I can play Mario 64 without having to deal with N64 control sticks that wear out if you so much as look at them funny

    So hooray for Wii

    Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    oh

    i forgot about all that virtual console business

    hell i should get a wireless router because i totally have a wii and play it all the time

    Knob on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    I have lttp on the gba but apparently people say it's shitty or something? i don't know it seems fine to me

    Whippy on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    whippy do you believe i have a wii yet

    Knob on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If you buy something on the VC, you buy it forever, right?

    So if I have to get rid of something to free up some blocks, but later decide that I want to get it again, I can just go into the store and download it again, free of charge?

    Javen on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I disagree with Defender, but I can respect his opinion.

    Sometimes the motion sensing controls can be a bit annoying.

    But they do work really insanely well in some games.

    Moriveth on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The biggest complaint I hear is the little voice clip they added after every sword swing.

    Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    Knob wrote:
    whippy do you believe i have a wii yet

    that photographic evidence was pretty compelling

    Whippy on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    The biggest complaint I hear is the little voice clip they added after every sword swing.

    that is seriously the pussiest thing that only g&t fags would think is a big deal

    Whippy on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    fishing in zelda is all sorts of fun

    it would be tengay without the wii controls





    also i want to laugh at anyone that had trouble fishing

    Knob on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    And already the AP that Nintendo contracted with is talking about doing multimedia shit, like sound bites and video reels and such.

    Sounds neat.

    Javen on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Javen wrote:
    If you buy something on the VC, you buy it forever, right?

    So if I have to get rid of something to free up some blocks, but later decide that I want to get it again, I can just go into the store and download it again, free of charge?

    Yeah, they're tied to your account, so any time you log into the store with your account (which should be tied to your Wii anyway), you should be able to pull up a list of games you've purchased.

    Moriveth on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Knob wrote:
    also

    you argument of typing and mousing being natural and subconscious actions is only because you're been typing and mousing for many years and those movements are now second nature, ingrained into muscle memory

    this means that your total experience with the system in question is of absolute importance, as you're comparing a control scheme that is new to you to one that has over time become second nature

    a comparison is only appropriate if you can evaluate all subjects on equal grounds

    your personal reaction time may be slower with the remote, but i submit that it is solely based on the fact that you haven't spent enough time with the interface for it to become an unconscious movement

    so asking how long you've spent with the console is valid, i feel

    Here is why I do not agree, Knob. I have been using a mouse and keyboard for so long that I think it's fair to say I've "mastered" them. I mean, not like I'm the best typist or mouse-ist in the known universe, but I've achieved a level of proficiency where I don't need to think about it anymore. It's totally second-nature to me now. The same is true for gamepads.

    I think you said you don't like FPSes, but please bear with me for this example. Imagine aiming your gun in an FPS using only the keyboard. Can you see how your aim is slower and less accurate? The mouse lets you turn really fast if you need to make a gross movement, or really slow if you just need a fine adjustment. The keyboard is not nearly as good with this kind of stuff. It doesn't matter that you've mastered both input devices, Knob. What matters is that the raw capabilities of those devices are better suited for some tasks and worse for others.

    I am not comparing my individual ability to use the Wiimote versus my individual ability to use the gamepad, so my Wiimote experience doesn't matter. It's just like saying "hotkeys in Warcraft let you cast your spells faster than using the mouse." They just do! When I first played Warcraft, I used all mouse, because I didn't know any hotkeys. I went to the trouble of learning hotkeys specifically because they are way better once you know them. My levels of keyboard/mouse skill were not the issue; the issue was the inherent connection between what type of decision/information I was communicating to the game and what type of input device I was using.
    Knob wrote:
    alternatively:

    what did you have for breakfast, retard bran?

    Man I didn't even get breakfast today. I wish they sold Retard Bran here.

    Defender on
  • Options
    wombatwombat __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Knob wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    Sorry, I should of said I had forgotten how much you had played the last time I asked.

    That was like a month ago Defender, that is a long time to remember something.

    But thanks for not answering the question either way. I just wanted to know if you had but more time into the Wii, because all I recall is that your time and experience with the Wii I asked last time wasn't very much.

    See I'm trying to decide if I want to read your posts or not. But if it's all just theory like you state, then play time is beside the fact, and I think I'll pass.

    That's not my bag.

    That's fine. Yeah, it's all theory. It's about what could possibly be explored with the new space opened up by the 1:1 input scheme of the Wii. I'm not really here to argue that the new Mario game is fun or not fun.

    To answer your question, no I have not put more time into the Wii; I currently do not have a lot of cash lying around, so I don't have any of the new consoles. I also don't have a ton of time to play games, I play like maybe an hour of Warcraft on weeknights and that's it.

    dang you're still playing warcraft

    that's harsh man

    i got some duplo blocks and a hobby horse i can send you if you need more stuff to do man

    welcome to 2002

    east timor regained its independence

    we just created Homeland Security

    nsync broke up

    and someone accidentally unleashed naruto on the world

    wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
    Vote for my film! (watching it is also an option)
    wii friend code: 7623 9955 2119 1775
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    I have played like next to no zelda

    I've clocked in like seven hours and I just got the heavy boots am about to go wrestle some gorons or something I guess

    that bridge fight was really frustrating

    Whippy on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I still play starcraft.

    Do we need to fight?

    I will fight you.

    Pata, what voice clip? If you mean the sword swinging sounds, eh. If you mean Link's "teh"s and "haaa"s then people complaining about that can right shut the hell up.

    Tehhh, teh haaa!

    No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have played like next to no zelda

    I've clocked in like seven hours and I just got the heavy boots am about to go wrestle some gorons or something I guess

    that bridge fight was really frustrating

    Oh good, I'm not the only one who thought that. Seriously, it was impossible to knock that asshole off his horse.

    Moriveth on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have played like next to no zelda

    I've clocked in like seven hours and I just got the heavy boots am about to go wrestle some gorons or something I guess

    that bridge fight was really frustrating

    Yeah

    just wait until AFTER the goron mines

    ho boy

    [realspoiler:b50f8d85e0]You get to fight him again. And then, you have to keep a wagon from getting set on fire.[/realspoiler:b50f8d85e0]

    Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    huh

    you moved off to the side and hit him as he rode by


    i think the horse fights are my favorite part so far

    Knob on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah I felt that could of played out better. I assumed I was going to be all badass and veer to the left, swipe at him and end his being in a very cool manner.

    About 20 passes later I felt like a dick.

    edit: I love all the other horseback fighting as well, especially the parts leading up to the bridge fight.

    No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Moriveth wrote:
    Because I think this is a pretty pointless discussion only designed to rile up people.

    I mean, I love the Wii. It's got some problems, yes, and there aren't a whole lot of good games out for it yet. But every system has problems, and it's a new system, so I don't really care about either.

    Mori, I'm sorry if it upsets you. It's not intended to rile people up. It's intended to discuss some theoretical ideas. I am pretty dispassionate about this; I don't own a Wii, so I don't feel like my money has been well-spent or like I've been ripped off. I understand that you own one and feel happy with your purchase, and I'm not calling you dumb for liking it or telling you that it's not really fun and you better stop liking it right now. I want to discuss the theory behind this thing without getting caught up in being a fan or an "anti-fan" or whatever.

    I think it's just riling you up because you have a strong feeling about it and that makes you put an accent on the places where I criticize it. For example, I said a little bit back that it's way better than dual-analog for FPS and RTS games, but that sort of gets ignored, it seems, by people who really like the Wii because they gloss over things they agree with and get stuck on things like "current fighting games would be terrible with the Wiimote."

    Defender on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    god the wagon chase was fucking epic


    so awesome


    i would play a game where you just rode a horse and fought dudes

    Knob on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Man, I wasn't getting riled up at all. All I said was it seemed pointless to me, and I said why.

    Moriveth on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    z07.jpg

    Knob on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Knob wrote:
    god the wagon chase was fucking epic


    so awesome


    i would play a game where you just rode a horse and fought dudes

    I hated that part

    without the wagon it would be fun

    just shootin' birds with a bow and arrow

    watching the bombs they're holding blow up

    hittin' dudes off their warthog things

    Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ITPRINTSWII-1.gif

    Green Lantern on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have played like next to no zelda

    I've clocked in like seven hours and I just got the heavy boots am about to go wrestle some gorons or something I guess

    that bridge fight was really frustrating

    I kind of liked the bridge fight

    [spoiler:4ab19409ac]maybe it's just me but that guy is a lot easier to knock off if you manage to keep him on your right side[/spoiler:4ab19409ac]

    Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    hey

    why's that asshole have a black wii


    no fair

    Knob on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    I hated the wagon chase until I realized you can lock on to your target

    then I was all "oh fucking duh" and beat it first try

    Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Knob wrote:
    god the wagon chase was fucking epic


    so awesome


    i would play a game where you just rode a horse and fought dudes
    Aiming your bow from horse back and turning all the way around to shoot stuff behind you with 100% accuracy is just


    Ballin

    (You have to hold z to keep epona moving... or something. Been awhile since I played.)

    No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I hated the wagon chase until I realized you can lock on to your target

    then I was all "oh fucking duh" and beat it first try

    Fuck

    You can?

    Fuck

    I feel like a goddamned moron now

    Moriveth on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    Alright, dudes.

    Just like all of the previous times, the one who makes the Wii thread is responsible for the upkeep of the Friends list in the opening post.

    GO!

    Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    SirToons wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    god the wagon chase was fucking epic


    so awesome


    i would play a game where you just rode a horse and fought dudes
    Aiming your bow from horse back and turning all the way around to shoot stuff behind you with 100% accuracy is just


    Ballin

    (You have to hold z to keep epona moving... or something. Been awhile since I played.)

    yeah if you hold z while aiming (with anything) you can keep moving

    without holding z the control stick moves your view

    i was having some problems with the archers in the gerudo fort raid until i remembered that

    Knob on
This discussion has been closed.