As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shoulda put a ring of protection +1 on it. (Table top games)

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Half-Orc and Minotaur? Sweet.

Githyanki. Half-orcs are in PHB2

Also FUCK YES MINOTAURS.

never heard of 'em, and I've only ever seen PHB1.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    the differences between the two seem pretty fucking negligible anyway.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's pretty much like dark elves vs regular elves...with dark skin, or something, from what I understand. Shoot off races.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    As7 wrote: »
    It's pretty much like dark elves vs regular elves...with dark skin, or something, from what I understand. Shoot off races.
    that's what it looked like.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/Monster2_gallery/145.jpg

Duergar in the MM2 so I wouldn't be surprised if they appeared in PHB3, either.

As7 on
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So then it'll be four psionic, two primal, and two divine?

Don't we have enough in the divine department? I mean I guess arcane has like five now, and will be getting an extra out of Eberron's release as well, but we still have martial with only four (and without a controller, at that).

Straightzi on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I saw the MM2 today

Didn't read much, but from what I looked at there were a lot of like basic stat ups for humans/humanoids, three new monster races, of which I only remember duergar (there were like bird people and I don't know something starting with a B that's probably just an old world corruption of bugbear). I didn't like duergar, they had some weird spike shooting power or something. It didn't make a lick of sense. A lot of good classic monsters too, sphinxes and more giants and more golems and winter wolves and such. A lot of it seemed to be stuff we've seen before, just updated or expanded.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    why do they even need more primal and divine classes

the ones they added in PHB2 were already pushing it in terms of relevancy

and now they've got all the roles covered, so what're they going to start doing? add second classes for the roles?

meh

Pony on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2009
    they're already sitting at like, 18 official classes, right? the classes we're going to see come out are going to get a little more obscure, probably, especially if they do a PHB4

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Probably going to make soem kind of Paladin variant and that sorc versaion of a cleric class from 3rd. I forget what it is called. Favoured Soul? That's my guess anyway, no idea what they are going to do with Primal. Striking Druid and leading Druid? that seems like it already exsists. I'm sure they have something made up that might be cool.

We do have like 7 Arcane classes and all of them manage to be some what differant.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/Monster2_gallery/90.jpg

Those are some mean-ass looking gnomes.

As7 on
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    They actually look competent. I am intrigued.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    are those gnomes that aren't big faggot pussies?

OH LOOK AT US WE'RE JUST ELVES WITH A HEIGHT PROBLEM

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

They look like elf/dwarf hybrids. That is actually interesting.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »

They look like elf/dwarf hybrids. That is actually interesting.

And they're still not driving around in a fucking hollowed out beholder's body shooting lasers everywhere.

giveafuck.gif

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    It's better than red pointy hats, gardening equipment, and stupid smiles.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    This is true.

edit: Now I wanna play an insane gnome who thinks he's a leprechaun.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    svirvnebluns were hardcore

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    i just love the crafty gnomes who used mechanical aptitude and some amount of magic to be rad at building cool stuff.

also my friend zach's gnome, nanfoodle the rogue. rode a dog, he did.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    i just love the crafty gnomes who used mechanical aptitude and some amount of magic to be rad at building cool stuff.

also my friend zach's gnome, nanfoodle the rogue. rode a dog, he did.

there was a prestige class solely devoted to building crazy magical things, like animal constructs

also, halfling knights and outriders ride mastiffs

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I was looking through some old papers a few weeks ago, and found my first character and character sheet.
    3175409332_9b090f2e6d_b.jpg
    3174573971_28b5062b4d_b.jpg

And a sketch of him one of my friends did while we played:
    3175410040_6226d2240f_b.jpg

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    gnome barbarian sez what

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    hobart the incredulous is a pretty good name

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    the fuck wisdom

also, gnome frenzied berserkers were awesome

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I subconsciously named him after the meat-slicer manufacturer at the BBQ restaurant I was working for at the time, and a buddy added 'the Incredulous' to my sheet when I wasn't looking.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    gnome barbarian sez RAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGHHH

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh fuck it.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That is definitely a Githzerai on the PHB3, not a Githyanki. Note the lack of dreadlocks, as well as the lack of a sword; Githyanki fight almost exclusively with swords, and Githzerai fight primarily with fists. Additionally, since the book is going to introduce Monks, a class that Githzerai have always been predisposed to, it would make sense that a Githzerai is on the cover and not a Githyanki.

While we're on the subject, the two races look similar because they were originally one People. Originally, they were enslaved by the Mind Flayers, the Illithid, a huge amount of time ago, when there was a massive Mind Flayer empire that encompassed a large amount of the old D&D cosmology. The People fought for their freedom, eventually ending their enslavement. They became divided as a result of the Pronouncement of Two Skies, where their two leaders professed irreconcilable differences in their plans for the People. Zerthimon said they were done with war now that they were free, whereas Gith said they should take their war to all other races and conquer the multiverse. Those who followed Zerthimon into Limbo and formed their monasteries in chaos became the Githzerai; those who followed Gith and built their cities in the Astral Plane became the Githyanki.

Goddamn I love these two races so much.

Next, we can talk about The Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon and what it means to be a *Zerth*.

Shorty on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man, I wanna play some roleplayinz.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Shorty wrote: »
    That is definitely a Githzerai on the PHB3, not a Githyanki. Note the lack of dreadlocks, as well as the lack of a sword; Githyanki fight almost exclusively with swords, and Githzerai fight primarily with fists. Additionally, since the book is going to introduce Monks, a class that Githzerai have always been predisposed to, it would make sense that a Githzerai is on the cover and not a Githyanki.

While we're on the subject, the two races look similar because they were originally one People. Originally, they were enslaved by the Mind Flayers, the Illithid, a huge amount of time ago, when there was a massive Mind Flayer empire that encompassed a large amount of the old D&D cosmology. The People fought for their freedom, eventually ending their enslavement. They became divided as a result of the Pronouncement of Two Skies, where their two leaders professed irreconcilable differences in their plans for the People. Zerthimon said they were done with war now that they were free, whereas Gith said they should take their war to all other races and conquer the multiverse. Those who followed Zerthimon into Limbo and formed their monasteries in chaos became the Githzerai; those who followed Gith and built their cities in the Astral Plane became the Githyanki.

Goddamn I love these two races so much.

Next, we can talk about The Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon and what it means to be a *Zerth*.

Please do, as you seem better versed in their lore than I am, and I'm always up for well phrased story-time.

and now I've gotten the Hunger. I must away, for I'm going to play the shit out of Planescape: Toment some more.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    My favorite bits of lore are pretty much all of the events involving the Time of Troubles and Karsus' Folly.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    New primal and divine chars is a bummer. I'd have hoped for shadow ones.

But maybe they'll only include a few div/prim ones and most of the book will be taken up by psionics.

I mean, in PHB 2 they only had 5 races, maybe they'll go with 5-7 classes here.

Primal has 4
    Arcana has 5
    Divine has 4
    Primal has 4.

I'd guess we'll get 1 more div and primal, 5 psionic and maybe a 5th martial in the future.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Man, I wanna play some roleplayinz.

I'm in a game with Rank and friends but if we could arrange something with some other people I wouldn't mind playing more often. Cap and WaM have expressed interest in trying 4e out. We'd need a DM but I almost wouldn't mind DMing, myself, if I had all the necessary resources (which I do not, yet).

As7 on
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I know I've said this two or so times in the thread already, but goddamn I want someone to make a vidja gaem based on 4e.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I know I've said this two or so times in the thread already, but goddamn I want someone to make a vidja gaem based on 4e.

I think a tactics game would be the best thing.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dubh wrote: »

Probably, if tactics games weren't boring and GAY.

I just want another neverwinter nights game.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

you know, the upcoming Blood Bowl is a tactics game, and it looks neither boring nor gay.

Fie upon you, sir. Fie upon you and your house.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Maybe. I can't really see 4e working on a similar engine. Stuff like knockbacks and shifting wouldn't really work too well. A 3rd/1st person set-up (like Oblivion) may work better.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Caulk Bite wrote: »

you know, the upcoming Blood Bowl is a tactics game, and it looks neither boring nor gay.

Fie upon you, sir. Fie upon you and your house.

Nooo I am undone!

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Caulk Bite rolls a [20] + [13]

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

This discussion has been closed.