Options

24: Day 6: Jack Goes For The Throat

• Options
    DuckterPepperDuckterPepper Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    there are many copies... he has a plan... he IS a cylon...

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    kitchkitch Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Charles Logan has a beard

That is the true sign of badassness in 24.

kitch on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The callousness that they deal with agents getting brutally murdered has gotten so ridiculous.

With his brohter's wife did you notice Jack didn't even blink when he found out she sent a good dozen govbernment agents to thier firey deaths? Nobody even seemed to mind.

Also this show has taught me LA must have the highest badass mercenary per capita on the planet

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    NorayNoray Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah this season is insanely ridiculous, really a parody of itself, yet still enjoyable. Jack shooting Curtis, and Bill going "Yeah don't worry about it he left you no choice", and that was the end of that. What the fuck, man. The torturing of people in general has gotten pretty common too, nobody's surprised anymore when Jack hurts someone to get info. He's probably strangle Josh too.

Noray on
  • Options
    ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I like it.

Basically Jack is this tornado rampaging through California. Anyone gets in his way, the government, terrorists, his own fucking family, they get fucked over and die.

Jack has attained new levels of awesome.

ToadTheMushroom on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I love the show, I don't see how them doing the same plot they have done every year is just now getting to people

it's terrorsts. jack does whatever he wants. some element involves him personally. someone at ctu has some problem. thing after thing fucks up just enough that it's going to be at least another hour before the problem is solved. torture is allowed as a means to an end, since jack is always right.

I don't get what happened this year that's bothering anyone.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Seaon 1 will always be the best. It really is a mile ahead of any others.

2 was also pretty damn good, just for Mason. He was awesome.

24 is so different then when it started. Tony, Michelle, Chappelle, Mason the list goes on of brilliant characters they killed off. Id like some continuity. Like if it goes on for another 3 seasons, (it probably will) Id still like Buchanan to be head of CTU. Killing off main characters is getting predictable (like Sean Astin. He was pretty cool and had potential. So did Edgar.)

I hate how they have this convinient segue after each season. Jack goes into rehab. Jack fakes his death. Jack is in a Chinese prison. For once, Id like for him to come back and properly be part of CTU again. Hes such a one day hero at the moment. It was better in S1 when he was the head, he had integrity.

Man Im going out to buy S1 on DVd like first thing tomorrow. So awesome. Dennis Hopper was also a fucking deft touch. and Lou fucking diamond fucking phillips. My god.

ToadTheMushroom on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    The grandson looks like Jack
    OMG

yes. i feared that already. and given the deep looks last ep between Jack and Nathan Patrellis wife i think we will get to that triple shark jump very soon. and i bet he will be kidnapped! oh wait, we already had that...

He will get kidnapped and chased by a mountain lion before revealing that he's really a terrorist plant complicit in the deaths of Jack's wife, Palmer, and Michelle. Also, he's really a hot, lesbian woman.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    OMG

yes. i feared that already. and given the deep looks last ep between Jack and Nathan Patrellis wife i think we will get to that triple shark jump very soon. and i bet he will be kidnapped! oh wait, we already had that...

He will get kidnapped and chased by a mountain lion before revealing that he's really a terrorist plant complicit in the deaths of Jack's wife, Palmer, and Michelle. Also, he's really a hot, lesbian woman.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Bc0mG5omTo

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hamju wrote: »
    OMG

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Bc0mG5omTo

This never stops being at least mildly amusing.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    That is brilliant. Such a long setup for a non-sequitor punchline.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    Dear god, that was fantastic.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I usually don't care for those types of videos but that was really good. And the punchline was kickbutt.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I really like their stuff, especially Bro Rape and the National Spelling Bee.

Hamju on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    hahaha "god dammit, i'll be right there" that was perfect

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    So... that last episode sucked.
    bla bla bla bla bla BOOM end episode

Hamju on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    the killing wayne conspiracy is by far the worst planned conspiracy yet, then again im comparing it to conspiracy pros like jack's father and logan, if theres any justice, it wont take jack an entire season to figure this one out

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    the killing wayne conspiracy is by far the worst planned conspiracy yet, then again im comparing it to conspiracy pros like jack's father and logan, if theres any justice, it wont take jack an entire season to figure this one out

It was really...
    Jack's wife.

Who, incidentally, is also...
    Wayne Palmer.

That's right...

Next time, on The Guiding Nuclear Light...

Drez on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    **anyone who hasn't seen the episode and goes to fox' site to watch them, as I am doing right now, READ NOTHING ELSE ON THE PAGE there is a bit of a spoiler in a question they have posted.

fucking stupid

Variable on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I actually really liked this last episode. It had a build up some plot development and a hell of a hook for the next episode.

I guess I am bewildered about people who claim to like the show but not like this season? I don't see anything extremely different from previous seasons and I like how not all the "good" guys are flawless or not characters themselves.

The following is not a spoiler of things to come but for those who might not know of a characters involvement I don't want to ruin anything.
    Charles Logan coming back was awesome, I like how they have him, at least so far, just seeking redemption for his horrible acts. I wonder if he'll pull a Mason

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Who knew that all it takes to assassinate the president while he's in his nuclear-proof bunker is a traitorous staff member and a dude who can make a bomb out of highlighter pens? I bet the terrorists of previous seasons are feeling pretty embarassed about all their elaborate schemes that never seemed to pay off in the end.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Who knew that all it takes to assassinate the president while he's in his nuclear-proof bunker is a traitorous staff member and a dude who can make a bomb out of highlighter pens? I bet the terrorists of previous seasons are feeling pretty embarassed about all their elaborate schemes that never seemed to pay off in the end.

In response
    Well in season 4 they took out the president with a missle, and last season david palmer was killed by an assasin with a rifle. I don't think the president is anymore or less killable this season it's just this season it became imperative to take him out and all that takes is someone willing to do something horrible. I also like that the traitor was at the white house this year, ctus had far far too many security breaches, but I could believe a political office might have more then a few appointees not properly checked out

My question this season, where's the mantastic Agent Pierce?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Preacher wrote: »

In response
    Well in season 4 they took out the president with a missle, and last season david palmer was killed by an assasin with a rifle. I don't think the president is anymore or less killable this season it's just this season it became imperative to take him out and all that takes is someone willing to do something horrible. I also like that the traitor was at the white house this year, ctus had far far too many security breaches, but I could believe a political office might have more then a few appointees not properly checked out

I've been watching from the very beginning.

The show jumped the shark, so to speak, when Kim and Jack's wife were kidnapped for the third time on Season 1. They even make a joke of it in the dialogue - what's her face says "not again," and you can't help but laugh as a member of the audience. If anything, 24 is definable by its humanizing and yet ridiculously over the top shark-jumpy nature.

That said, I think this season has outdone all previous shark jumping. It's as if they decided to entirely abandon reality.

So I don't really agree with your spoiler comment. It's just silly now. And it's really starting to irritate me. They are still poking fun at themselves, though. Jack says "how could I have been so stupid?" after the papa reveal. Yes, Jack, how could you have been so stupid?

Most of the characters have really been absurdly oblivious this season.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    So Logan
    obviously that bible verse is some type of code to the russian consulate. think he'll try to escape or something?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Im thinking he's motivated by REVENGE! Then again you can say that for most of the main characters.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I heard that Logan actually absorbs a nuclear blast into his man-beard.

.. just a rumor, though.

Dondums on
    internet
  • Options
    edited February 2007

In response

Well, the season 4 scheme was actually pretty elaborate. I forget what exactly was involved, but they had to steal a stealth fighter. You've got me on the rifle, which actually seems a lot easier than this season's bomb. But to be fair, David wasn't in the damn presidential bunker at the time.

I'm really just joking though. This show is just so damn over the top you have to laugh at it sometimes.

And I'm guessing Aaron is probably busy giving Logan's ex some secret servicing, if you know what I mean. :winky:

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

the video was missing at least one "you have to trust me"

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007

the video was missing at least one "you have to thrust me"
    :winky:

Hamju on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Well I keep hoping for an Aaron Pierce appearence, I think other then Jack he was the longest standing alive character. Hell I wouldn't mind a first tits reappearence she may be older but damn I'd give her my first pole...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2007

oh awesome that's the bro rape guys?

Variable on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

the video was missing at least one "you have to thrust me"
    :winky:

damn sis stupid foreign language...

oh, and last episode was so boring... damn. i announce: Prison Break is the new, better 24. Season 2 is pretty nice right now.

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Well I keep hoping for an Aaron Pierce appearence, I think other then Jack he was the longest standing alive character. Hell I wouldn't mind a first tits reappearence she may be older but damn I'd give her my first pole...
    I also hope he comes back. He's always been awesome and he's always been there... I miss him.
    Variable wrote: »

oh awesome that's the bro rape guys?
    Ya. Search for Derrickcomedy on youtube and you can find a bunch of their stuff.

Hamju on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    pierce and the one presidential advisor guy are the longest running characters

Variable on
  • Options
    Christ PuncherChrist Puncher Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    a little snip snip and the season is back on track

Christ Puncher on
    Wii friend code: 7549 1748 0857 1681

XBL: Slimebucato
  • Options
    MengerSpongeMengerSponge Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    pierce and the one presidential advisor guy are the longest running characters

Also Milo (I think) and Mandy, and obviously Kim, though none of them have been in every season.

MengerSponge on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Okay, that was sort of retarded.
    Jack is not an idiot. Jack would not nonchalantly walk to the front door of the consulate's room when he knows that a dozen armed guards are sitting out there waiting to take him out, and watching his every move via video camera. That was just lazy writing right there, and it pissed me off. There must have been a better way to pull off Jack Gets Captured And Beaten Ep. 37.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yeah that whole thing felt forced and sloppy

Did they totally forget about his dad too?

and the VP is kinda a dick

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Okay, that was sort of retarded.
    Jack is not an idiot. Jack would not nonchalantly walk to the front door of the consulate's room when he knows that a dozen armed guards are sitting out there waiting to take him out, and watching his every move via video camera. That was just lazy writing right there, and it pissed me off. There must have been a better way to pull off Jack Gets Captured And Beaten Ep. 37.

My thoughts exactly. Though it's not like Jack's been in the Counter-Terrorism business for half his life. Oh, wait, he has.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    *snip*
    So you guys think the veep had something to do with it or that he's just an ass? The consul totally took getting his finger chopped off really well. I'd'a shot Jack in the head once the goons caught him. Also BT guy was really dumb. Shit just walk into the can or a lockable room. You don't commit treason in the dang tea room

*snip*

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg